Maxwell's Christmas Carol Part 2: Year of the Whisper

Matches that occurred on our 2013 Xmas Kaos Pay Per View!
DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Characters Handled: Emery Layton
Adam Fenric

Maxwell's Christmas Carol Part 2: Year of the Whisper

Postby DJS » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:53 am

It's been a storied night for Richard J Maxwell. The last show of the year, a victory for Mark Storey in one of the most ridiculous match types of the year, a slightly questionable encounter with Angelus and a match between Whisper and that insufferable Blake Jones...in his mind, anyway. There's nothing left for the night. He got off fine, himself. In the parking lot alone as he goes to fetch something from his car before the night ends, he realises it's dark and...quiet. But whatever, it's his world and he'd prefer it that way.

Dddiinggg

He hears a noise from behind him, like something metal falling to the ground and echoing. Off in the shadows. Is there someone else here? Maxwell darts to the side as he hears a door slamming shut. The door to the main backstage area. He's trapped. He either leaves or doesn't go back in. Moving into the shadows, he catches glimpse of someone's leg. There IS someone here.

RICHARD J MAXWELL:
Who's there? Do you know who I am? You carry on messing around, you'll regret it!

Now it's complete silence, as Maxwell's head circles for some sort of clue as to where this person is now. He backs up, assuming his 'making threats' voice.

RICHARD J MAXWELL:
Do you know what happens to people who mess with me?

From behind- hand over his mouth, arm linking his own in an attempt to disarm him. He struggles and struggles, muffling his threats until...

DIAMOND JACK SABBATH:
Evening, fella! How's things?

Oh God.

Oh lord please, no.

DIAMOND JACK SABBATH:
Okay, here's what's going to happen. We're gonna play a little game, it'll be a physical version of that board game “Guess Who?”, except the difference is this Christmas you don't have to play it with your smelly old uncle who's just trying to fondle your balls. I'll give you a clue- I'm not the one with glasses. And I'm not the bald one, either. There you go! Two clues! Who ever said I wasn't generous? Christmas! Go on, have a guess!

He releases his hand from Maxwell's mouth.

RICHARD J MAXWELL:
I swear. To God. If you try ANYTHING...that I don't like...I will call Whisper.

DIAMOND JACK SABBATH:
Hey, Whisper vs. Diamond Jack Sabbath?! What will they think of next? Oh, I've given it away, haven't I? Damn. You know, it's horrid. You take a plane-ride all the way to Mexico to play a game of Guess Who with an old friend and you mess it up within the first few seconds! Telling you- it's just not cricket.

Jack throws him away like the wrapping paper off a present and steps out of the shadows, revealing himself fully to us all. He still looks as you'd imagine- crappy blonde dye-job, manic eyes, lean frame, toothy grin. Maxwell looks up.

RICHARD J MAXWELL:
You're not supposed to be here.

DIAMOND JACK SABBATH:
Neither are you, yet here we are. Oops.

RICHARD J MAXWELL:
You just can't keep away, can you? Why are you here?

Jack pauses, his smile fading a bit.

DIAMOND JACK SABBATH:
You. Whisper. Ace Andrews. That whole lot. Don't like it.

RICHARD J MAXWELL:
No?

DIAMOND JACK SABBATH:
No.

RICHARD J MAXWELL:
And here was me thinking it'd be right up your street, too. Isn't this what you used to do?

DIAMOND JACK SABBATH:
In a past life. But that's the past, and I'm not here to talk to you about that. No, I decided to spread the Christmas cheer out of the kindness of my own heart and come see you personally, on my own accord. Surprise you. It's only the fact Ace isn't in the building that I've been able to show.

RICHARD J MAXWELL:
I need to bring Ace with me to more places, obviously...

DIAMOND JACK SABBATH:
Oi, now. Watch it. I've got an itchy Crown Kicking-foot.

RICHARD J MAXWELL:
Sounds painful. Ever heard of Athlete's Foot? Go see a doctor about--

Before the Consulting Aggressor can finish, Jack grabs him by the shirt and pulls him forward suddenly.

DIAMOND JACK SABBATH (cutting him off):
Shut up. Point is I'm not here to talk about the past, I'm here to tell you about the future. Your future. Mystic Meg today stands in front of you in the form of a wiry-framed Brit with a short temper. And what I'm here to tell you is that all this- all the nasty things you've done. All the things you've achieved...soon it'll be looked at as history, and nothing more.

RICHARD J MAXWELL (trying to maintain his cool):
Oh, do enlighten me.

DIAMOND JACK SABBATH:
You think Whisper's War is going on right now? Mate, no. No no no no. You're not even fighting it yet. You've built your side this year, and I commend the way you did it. But next year, you're going to meet the other side. Your opposition. And the best part? The brilliant part of all this, the bit I can't tell you much about right now is that I will be there personally to watch you burn.

RICHARD J MAXWELL:
Ooh...are you threatening me, Sabbath?

DIAMOND JACK SABBATH:
I'm giving you a less-than-friendly warning. You can be prepared as you want to be, but even bigger things are going to happen and Whisper's War will fall victim, just like Rated X will too. Right now, as far I'm concerned you're all stood in the House that Jack Built. You're creating a stink and I don't like it.

RICHARD J MAXWELL:
I'm untouchable, Whisper's unstoppable and I've got an entire society hidden in the fabric of wrestling waiting to be deployed. I doubt even you could stop us.

He smirks.

DIAMOND JACK SABBATH:
Yeah? I love a good challenge.

He once again throws Maxwell to the floor as he backs up out of the parking lot.

DIAMOND JACK SABBATH:
I won't tell you what I'm going to do, though. Oh no. You've got all of that to come! So Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas, Richard J Maxwell. Count the days, they'll be your last, go near my wife and I'll cut your knob off, oh...and do give Ace Andrews my regards, will you? There's a dear. Be seeing you!

And, he's gone. For Maxwell the night and the year is indeed over. But 2014 will bring so many new things. He'll meet so many things he doesn't even know exist yet. The Watchtower and their identity. He'll come to know what the Signer's Conglomerate is and why he needs to run from them. And what, just WHAT do I mean when I refer to the creation of the Act? Like him, you'll have to wait.

As we go into our main event, we look the future. 2013 was the Year of the Whisper. 2014 is shaping up to be something different.

Onwards we go to our new destination- 2014: The Year of the XWA.

[CLOSED]
New to XWA? Need management? Look no further...

Return to “Xmas Kaos 2013 (PPV)”