XWA On a Pole ‘21: Announcement???

Massacre/Supershow promo section! Grab the mic, take to the ring and drop the pipebomb on other XWA wrestlers here! Also the place for interview and backstage segments that are part of a show. Members are free to comment and give feedback on promos when they get posted. Note: You do not need to have signed up for a match on the current show to post a promo.
Rufus
Site Admin
Characters Handled: Kaida Kagome
Troy Spencer

XWA On a Pole ‘21: Announcement???

Postby Rufus » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:24 pm

After a brief video package detailing the upcoming dates and locations for XWA Massacre, as well as showcasing the greatest moments from its history to further drive up ‘dem ticket sales, we return to the ringside area where we are greeted by the sight of XWA Owner Dean Richardson in the middle of the squared circle. The fans are as excited as ever, correctly guessing that it’s time for the fabled Announcement. While the fans’ expectations and hype for said announcement may be impossible to live up to at this point, Dean nevertheless prepares to share it with the rest of the class.

DEAN RICHARDSON
“We havin’ a good time?”

Dean’s generic opening line is met with a sizable pop from the audience, inspiring him to crack a smile.

DEAN RICHARDSON
“As all of you may know, I teased an announcement concerning the upcoming Lord of the Ring tournament. Now don’t you worry. We won’t be messing with the established system we have with any unnecessary gimmicks and such, no no. What I have planned should do nothing aside from further enhancing the viewing experience, mainly for those at home.”

Dean lowers his microphone as he scans the crowd of XWA faithful, checking the pulse if you will.

DEAN RICHARDSON
“Now… on our final show in the legendary XWA BattleZone, we were sadly given some… unfortunate news. Many of you, including myself, were taken aback. But I got to thinking… maybe I could do something to soften the blow. For you and the bearer of the unfortunate news we got.”

The fans begin to realize who Dean is talking about and almost immediately, the excitement builds.

DEAN RICHARDSON
“I’m not a man who accepts a seat without believing that I truly deserve it. And I wouldn’t deserve to be the owner of this company if I didn’t do my research. My homework, if you will. So with the tournament just around the corner, I did more research, and one thing stood out to me from the 2018 Lord of the Ring tournament… and it was the presence of an XWA Hall of Famer… none other than Emery Layton, on commentary.”

As the pieces fall in place, the excited murmurs within the crowd slowly turn into cheers.

DEAN RICHARDSON
“Now I’m not saying Emery Layton’s gonna return to commentate, no no. And as disappointing as that may seem and while Layton’s shoes can be hard to fill for many, I believe the person I’ve chosen is quite capable of adding their own unique takes, their own style to commentary. And who knows. They may fill another role when the tournament is done, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves for now. So… without any further ado… your guest commentator for the 2021 Lord of the Ring tournament.”

Dean lowers the microphone before pointing at the entrance… moments pass… silence… more silence… until it’s finally broken by the opening strings of “Receive You” by Vincent Moretto, eliciting what can only be described as an explosion of a pop from the fans. As the now-iconic theme song crescendos, the ramp fills with smoke courtesy of XWA’s over-budgeted pyros. Around 40 seconds pass, and as the theme song kicks into high gear, none other than Kaida Kagome steps through the smoke, revealing her new look to a thunderous pop from the fans. Her hair, now dyed light pink, has been trimmed to just past her neck. Rocking a black leather blazer over a plain white V-neck. Her legs are hugged by a pair of tight dark blue jeans, capping it all off with dark brown flat boots. Kaida, looking much healthier since her last appearance, is clearly overjoyed by the fans’ love for her. She digs and digs deep inside to prevent herself from bursting into tears of joy, opting to blow the fans a cocky kiss, topped off with a wink. The screen cuts to Dean Richardson, who’d almost come off as a man who’s full of himself at this point. He knew giving Kaida Kagome another chance to be in a place she loves would receive a positive reaction from the fans, but even he is blown away by *how* positive it is.

MARK SANCTION
“Man, you can’t help but feel happy for Kagome. Right, Matt?”

MATT STEEL
“fuck.”

The “Gokudo” enters the ring, wasting no time in shaking Dean’s hand before quickly pulling him in for a surprise hug, forcing the cheers to louden! Kaida messes up Dean’s hair, leaving him at a loss for words as she climbs up the bottom right turnbuckle and as she takes in the atmosphere. With a job well done and a full smile, Dean exits the ring and heads to the back as Kagome eyes pierce through Matt Steel’s existence. The joyous and almost adorable expression on Kaida’s face is quickly replaced with a sadistic, sinister glare as she smirks at Matt Steel.

MATT STEEL
“dear god no”

As Matt Steel contemplates his life, Mark Sanction is heard dying laughing as the evil expression on Kaida’s face continues to torment the color commentator. While retired from in-ring action, it seems the former Omega and Tag Team champion isn’t quite ready to say goodbye to the XWA. With the announcement out of the way, the screen fades to black as we prepare to move onto the next segment of the show.
Beautiful signature courtesy of the wonderful DaveyBoy!
Rufus
Site Admin
Characters Handled: Kaida Kagome
Troy Spencer

Re: XWA On a Pole ‘21: Announcement???

Postby Rufus » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:28 pm

OOC: So yeah! Idk why the fuck this was hyped to death(it was a joke, I know lol) but Kaida Kagome will be the guest commentator for the entirety of the Lord of the Ring 2021 tournament! I hope this presents some fun opportunities for you wonderful lot to incorporate into your commentary and matches. I was very upset about the fact that I had to retire Kaida due to the lack of time I have to write matches, and I was a huge fan of the guest commentator idea we had in 2018, so I figured this would be a fun little thing to do. <3
Beautiful signature courtesy of the wonderful DaveyBoy!
king acid
Grading Team Member

Postby king acid » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:35 pm

Announcement? :Eyes:

This should be pretty fun! As someone who enjoys doing commentary this should be really fun for me personally. I am already devising ways to use Kaida to pick on Steel
Gopher
XWA Lead Booker
Characters Handled: Joey Miles
Danny Diamond
Alicia Miles

Postby Gopher » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:38 pm

Kaida on commentary in Japan. Mmm.
DaveyBoy
Characters Handled: David Michaels
Carnage
Amelia Thompson