XWA On A Pole: Backstage Interview

Matches and segments that occurred on our 2018 Supershow- XWA On A Pole!
Dan
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer
Characters Handled: Dan Bennett

XWA On A Pole: Backstage Interview

Postby Dan » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:12 pm

We cut away from the celebration after the ending of the Tendonin/Archer match to the backstage area, where Holly Hunt is standing by, microphone in hand.

Holly Hunt
With XWA On A Pole now in full effect, who knows what kind of wacky and insane stipulations we are gonna have for our matches? As you saw with Blake Archer and Jessica Tendonin, it’s possible that any match could be next! With that said, I’d like to welcome my guest at this time, Dan Bennett!

Big pop. He’s pretty popular. He steps into view in a Rated X Shirt, black jeans and boots, with a paper CD holder in hand, although his hand is covering the cover art. Kinesio Tape is clearly all over his right shoulder as evident by the longer strands of it showing from under his sleeve

Holly Hunt
First off, let me congratulate you on a successful return against Lx-Tim at XWA and the City of the Island Hills!

Another pop. He smirks.

Holly Hunt
Tell me, how does it feel being back in the XWA?

Dan Bennett
It hurts a lot, actually.

He chuckles, shaking his head.

Dan Bennett
Tim really did a number on my arm, that’s for sure. I’ve got the bone bruise to prove it. But I’m proud to be back home in the XWA, if that’s what you’re asking. And unlike last time, there are a lot more welcoming people on the roster. I mean, look at this thing.

He holds up the paper CD case.

Holly Hunt
Ah, that’s the CD single for the entrance theme, #Vaughnemous, for one of our newest XWA signings, Angelica Vaughn!

Dan Bennett
Yeah, it’s an absolutely awful song, to be honest.

Holly looks shocked.

Holly Hunt
What do you mean, awful?! It’s very catchy!

Dan Bennett
That’s not the point. She personally gave me this signed copy, so the gesture was sweet, I think...? Plus, she seemed like a genuine person and she looks pretty cute on the cover of this, so there’s that reason to keep a hold of it, too.

He shrugs.

Holly Hunt
Speaking of Angie, she’s facing the man you just beat, Lx-Tim, for a spot in the No Man’s Land match at the Pay Per View named for said match. Your thoughts?

He grunts, looking a little bitter.

Dan Bennett
How do I feel about it? I’m a little salty, to be honest with you. He basically fell into a golden opportunity after losing to me. Meanwhile, I’m wrestling for a belt that I already won over 7 years ago, back when the belt mattered, back when not just anyone could jump you and take the title.

Holly Hunt
But...that’s exactly what you did to win the title, Dan. Do you remember when you just took the title from Angelus?

Dan Bennett
No, it’s not exactly what I did, Holly, and besides, that was different. Open Season was called on Angelus, and I just happened to be the one that took the title from him. That was a one-time thing, not the whole concept of the belt. That’s not the point, though. At this point in my career, I feel like I’m above the Hardcore Title, but if the powers that be think they’re gonna appease me by handing me the Hardcore Title, then I’ll take the damn title and show them how dangerous I can be.

Holly Hunt
Hand you the title? Dan, you’re facing off against one of the more prolific wrestlers in recent history, AJ Morales, he’s not a pushover.

Dan Bennett
Neither was Lx-Tim in Chile. And yet, here I am, victorious. And at No Man's Land I will be here again, victorious.

And do you know why, Holly?

Do you know why I’m gonna be here, again, victorious?

Dan’s attitude seeming to get under Holly’s skin, she gives the obligatory pause for him to follow up, but he just stares at her. She goes to move the microphone back to her mouth, but he grabs it out of her hands and holds it up to his own mouth, staring at her for a second before looking into the camera.

Dan Bennett
...because I’m Dan motherfucking Bennett, that’s why.

[closed]

Return to “XWA On A Pole”