Massacre #24: The Futurist Returns (Layton & Fenric)

A familiar face finally comes back to the XWA to challenge the World Television Champion, but is it Carmen Cambridge that Smith Jones defends the title against?
DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Characters Handled: Emery Layton
Adam Fenric
Aki Yasuko

Massacre #24: The Futurist Returns (Layton & Fenric)

Postby DJS » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:17 pm

The Supreme XWA Championship and the Union Battleground Trench War Championship hang over both shoulders of Emery Layton like a really shiny scarf of gold and silver. Dusting off her black beanie, she stands against the wall looking down as she talks.

EMERY LAYTON:
...and I keep thinking bout that moment, y'know? Like, what if Mary Jane hadn't been ejected and the ref didn't get in the way? I'd have beat her up right there and then, and that ain't what a champ does! I guess I gotta do better against Jessica Tendonin- can't let that happen.

???:
Would you like to know what I think?

EMERY LAYTON:
Yeahyeah, go for it...

And we swing around, to reveal...Adam Fenric! For the first time in 2018, The Futurist is on XWA television. He still doesn't seem to be able to show any other expression than disdain. He's actually quite content, though. Well...content for Adam Fenric.

ADAM FENRIC:
I think you are far too concerned about how others perceive your reign. You defeated Tim and Swift. You have defended against and defeated Blake Archer.

EMERY LAYTON:
I guess. And there's the fact you and me didn't win the IYH Tag Team Championships last month either...

ADAM FENRIC:
Time enough.

EMERY LAYTON:
Yeah. How's stuff going with you, anyway? How's the...am I allowed to know about the secret thing yet?

ADAM FENRIC:
No. But give me a week and you may talk to me about it as you please.

EMERY LAYTON:
Ooh. That's promising.

Suddenly, from the side, Massacre interviewer Laura Stark- wielding her trusty microphone- appears. Stood next to Adam, there appears to be a slightly different tone in her voice to usual. The sort of tone you'd have when you're deliberately trying to be make it sound like nothing's wrong.

LAURA STARK:
Oh...hi Adam!

ADAM FENRIC:
Evening.

LAURA STARK:
What are you doing--...this is the first time we've seen you since the year began. What brings you back to the XWA, Adam?

ADAM FENRIC:
Scouting.

Laura looks down. Em watches them go back and forth like she's watching a tennis match.

LAURA STARK:
'Scouting'?

ADAM FENRIC:
Yes.Why wouldn't I? It has been a long time since I have been on Massacre since our old General Manager banned me from all future episodes. With the ban being lifted, I felt it was time to make a reappearance. With a dominant World Television Champion, new talent and, well, Hyphy Machinery vs. The Rulers Don't Fall this week, I've a lot to study and take away.

Laura is not as she normally is with other guests. She is silent. She looks to Em, and Adam picks up the hint. He also turns to the Supreme XWA Champion. She is slow to notice this, until she looks to the side.

EMERY LAYTON:
...You want me to go, don't you?

LAURA STARK:
Five minutes, Em. All we need.

EMERY LAYTON:
Alright...I get it. Gotta be some food around this place. Catering still open...?

And off Emery goes, leaving Adam and Laura alone. He towers over the interviewer, who abandons her microphone.

LAURA STARK:
What are you REALLY doing here?

ADAM FENRIC:
I told you- scouting. I do not take kindly to you insinuating I am being disingenuous.

LAURA STARK:
So where is--

ADAM FENRIC:
Don't worry about that.

Laura is, once again, quiet. And frustrated.

ADAM FENRIC:
Next week.

LAURA STARK:
What? No, no. It's too early!

ADAM FENRIC:
You underestimate my abilities.

LAURA STARK:
I...I’m sorry. I came to you about this. I don’t mean to doubt you. I just... I don't want something bad to happen.

ADAM FENRIC:
It won't. Disregard your emotions for one moment - you asked something of me. I am delivering. We cannot do this blindly. That would be foolish.

Laura scratches the back of her neck.

LAURA STARK:
I'll be so glad when we don't have to talk like this.

ADAM FENRIC:
One week. You are going to continue to say nothing of this until this time. We are in public setting- we do not want anyone suspecting. This has to be perfect.

LAURA STARK:
And what about you? What are you going to do?

Adam wipes his brow.

ADAM FENRIC:
What else does a doctor do than make people better?

And with that, we fade to our next segment.

[CLOSED]
New to XWA? Need management? Look no further...

Return to “Massacre #24: Gucci Gucci”