If You Want Blood: A Mouse In A Maze (Diamond Jack Sabbath)

All-show promo section! Grab the mic, take to the ring and drop the pipebomb on other XWA wrestlers here.
DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Social Media/GFX Handler

If You Want Blood: A Mouse In A Maze (Diamond Jack Sabbath)

Postby DJS » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:12 pm

We go backstage, where we are joined not by Holly Hunt, who would normally do these interviews. Instead, we are joined by someone much shorter and less blonde. Laura Stark, interviewer from Massacre, stands by with mic in hand. She is smiling, but it is not a normal smile. It is the smile of someone who really doesn't want to be where they are- they're grinning and bearing it. Laura raises the mic to her mouth as she begins to speak.

LAURA STARK:
Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome my guest at this time...Diamond Jack Sabbath.

We step back to reveal the Innovator of Anarchy, who is currently in his gear and ready for his match with Smith Jones later tonight. He shakes his head, disappointed.

DIAMOND JACK SABBATH:
No.

LAURA STARK:
No?

DIAMOND JACK SABBATH:
Do it the way I told you.

LAURA STARK:
Alright. My guest at this time..."The Beating Heart of the XWA", Diamond Jack Sabbath.

Another pause. He scratches the side of his head.

DIAMOND JACK SABBATH:
No...no, that doesn't sound right. I think its you. You're the problem. Where's Holly?

LAURA STARK:
Holly didn't want to interview you. They had to call me instead.

DIAMOND JACK SABBATH:
And who are you? I've never seen you before in my life.

LAURA STARK:
I'm Laura Stark. I'm the interviewer on Massacre. We met last year.

DIAMOND JACK SABBATH:
I don't remember that. Are you sure you've not made that up? People are terrible liars.

LAURA STARK:
It happened. We met on that episode of Massacre where the Tarmogoyf came out and --

DIAMOND JACK SABBATH:
Okay, bored with this now. Give me the mic.

LAURA STARK:
What...? But I'm trying to--

DIAMOND JACK SABBATH:
Hey...don't test me. I kicked my own wife in the head for all of you to see. What makes you think I wouldn't do the same to you?

Laura stops. Sabbath looks down on her, towering over this five-foot-three young woman. She looks to the side of us, and after a pause where presumably someone has told her that this is probably the best way to avoid complication, she hands the mic to him and leaves us. Jack now turns directly to all of us.

DIAMOND JACK SABBATH:
Ladies and gentlemen of the XWA, boys and girls of all ages! The moment you've all waited for has arrived- Diamond Jack Sabbath vs. Smith Jones- two out of three falls! But the biggest part of that is the fact that for the first time since November, I am officially back in the middle of an XWA ring. It's been a bit of a hiatus, yeah, but as you guys in Melbourne are absolutely aware...I've not exactly been out of practice. But that doesn't really mean much, because neither has Smith Jones! Oh, he's been running around trying to claim this place as his own since the moment he resigned with this company. Quite honestly, it's adorable. Unfortunately, adorable isn't gonna make you a winner. You are a mouse in a maze. You've flown too close to the sun, kidda.

He takes a few moments to reflect on his words.

DIAMOND JACK SABBATH:
Smith Jones, you're like me in a way. As much as it pains me to say, it's true. You and I share this thing where we want more, constantly. We're never satisfied. We get to one part of the mountain, we've gotta get to the next part. When we get to the next part, we've gotta go further. When we get to the top and it looks like there's nowhere left to go, we're like "great, I have it covered" and we start building something while we're up there so we can stand on it and get higher. Do you understand me, Smith? We conquer and we keep on going, and tonight you wanna conquer the mountain that is Diamond Jack Sabbath. Last time you tried to do that, I beat you. I'm just that guy you can't beat. We all have one, even though we think we don't. The only difference is mine's gone and is never coming back. Just like all of those old men and women who said they'd never go but found something else. But your guy is stood right here talking at you, and trust me when I tell you I am never going away. Never. That's what we in the Survivors do. People wanna oppose us, they wanna take away what we've worked for? Nah. Smith, you're gonna learn that just isn't on. You wanna fly close to the sun? Fine. I will kick you into it and watch you burn.

He begins to step a little closer. Why wait for a close-up when you can move your entire body?

DIAMOND JACK SABBATH:
But that's fine...you think about your match later tonight. You think about the fact you have to face me. You rock back and forth at the thought of being across the ring from me, wondering what went wrong in life where you somehow found yourself in this position, but me? I'm gonna look to the future. I'm gonna look to where I go after this. Cos I'm not finished after I beat you. No. The Survivors wanted me for a reason. I may have seen the light and joined them but this is a return deal. There is something that needs to be done, and I am the person qualified to do it. When I'm done with Smith Jones, I got someone else on the mind. Someone who had the gall to call themselves the NEW Beating Heart of the XWA. Oh no. Nononono. You don't get to do that. This isn't a challenge, it's a notice of intent. When Smith Jones is out of my way, I'm going to finish the job I started in Brazil and I'm gonna bring down the nuisence that is Laurel Anne Hardy.

He lets this bombshell simmer for a moment. Stepping forwards, he is looking directly into the camera. Basically his entire head is our view. Someone watching this in High Definition could now see just how yellowing his teeth really are.

DIAMOND JACK SABBATH:
Smith Jones! It's time, mate. It's time to take the stabilisers off your bike and realise that you can't win. You don't have it in you. You don't have what it takes to destroy the Beating Heart of the XWA. But there's still time. There's still time to turn right around...and Just R--

???:
But of course, there aren't a lot of managers out there right now who focus on newer talent so I thought it'd be a market to capitise on. Gotta keep this business moving on!

???:
Oh yeah, definitely. I'm glad to have the opportunity. It'll be cool to see where we go from here!

???:
Only up, Austin. Only up.

It appears moving so close to us has allowed someone else a walkway behind him. He has been completely interrupted! He's outraged. Who would ever have the balls to do such a thing? Sounded like a guy and a woman. He turns around, and that's when his eyes get so wide they basically look like plates attached to his head. He's absolutely speechless, as neither person pays any attention to him.

AMY TAYLOR:
Okay, I'll get this back to my office in San Diego and see that it's added to my record but congratulations- you are officially the newest client of Taylor Promotions!

AUSTIN CARTER:
Awesome! I got a match soon, better go get prepared.

AMY TAYLOR:
Oh, of course. I gotta speak to some other potential clients so I'm around if you have any more questions. Don't get too hurt out there!

AUSTIN CARTER:
Catch you later.

Austin leaves the scene, glancing at Jack for a few second and only then realising what has just happened. He decides to leave the scene before anything else happens. Jack walks back onto the interview stage, face to face with Amy. She is dressed in business gear, with a bag over her shoulder that she stuffs a piece of paper into very carefully. She looks up to her estranged husband for a few seconds, bemused that he's even stood there. It's like she never knew (she did). She puts on her most pleasant smile and a calm voice.

AMY TAYLOR:
Oh. I'm sorry. Did I interrupt you? I'm sure you'll get over it. Hell...I'm already over it myself.

After saying the last sentence with particular relish, she walks off with a spring in her step, leaving a speechless, seething Jack, looking quite like, to borrow a phrase from himself, a mouse in a maze. We fade to our next segment.

[CLOSED]
New to XWA? Need management? Look no further...

Return to “I'm calling YOU out!”