Legends: Derrick Jedi vs. JR Judy

Matches that occurred on our 2011 Legends Pay Per View!
DarkSabre
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Legends: Derrick Jedi vs. JR Judy

Postby DarkSabre » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:37 pm

LIVE! from Ford Field in Detroit, Michigan

Dark Match:
Two Out of Three Falls Match

ImageImageImage

Derrick Jedi vs. JR Judy

Derrick Jedi is Matthew Logan’s personal cheerleader. JR Judy is The Perfect One. On paper, neither of these men have any history nor do I believe they even know who each other are. On paper, this match doesn’t really have much precedence nor do I believe it makes sense to have a two out of three falls match that isn’t televised. But this isn’t on paper, NO, this is XWA Legends! And since this year XWA Legends is a five hour extravaganza with at least three hours of a pre-game show, it completely makes sense. But seriously, don’t tell these guys that this match isn’t televised. They think it is, and that should make for an even better match until they figure it out.

---

Deadline for matches is Wednesday, April 27th at 11:59 Eastern Standard Time.
Voting will start at this time and conclude on Saturday, April 30th at 11:59 Eastern Standard Time.
[CST is one hour earlier. GMT is five hours later.]
Last edited by DarkSabre on Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Legendary
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Re: Legends: Derrick Jedi vs. JR Judy

Postby Legendary » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:12 pm

The arena goes black as the opening notes of “Turn The Page” begin to play over the loud speakers. As the instrumental intro of the song begins to play, a spotlight begins to shine at the top of the ramp revealing a figure in a sleeveless black jacket. A hood covers his face, but the fans already know his identity. The man slowly slides his hands up and removes the jacket from his head. The fans begin to boo as JR reveals himself to the crowd. JR then slowly makes his way to the top of the ramp as the spotlight follows his every movement. He slowly raises his arms up into his trademark pose \_0_/, much to the displeasure of the audience. He lowers his arms and then begins to walk towards the ring.

Hana Ramirez: Making his way to the ring, hailing from Columbus, Ohio.

The crowd on the front row attempts to reach over the rail and touch JR, but he calmly shrugs them off, keeping his eyes locked on the ring. As JR reaches the bottom of the ramp, he slowly turns towards the ring steps. JR then makes his way up the stairs and stops on the apron. JR turns his head looking around the arena for a moment before he enters the ring through the ropes.

Hana Ramirez: Weighing in at 235 pounds. He is “The Reflection of Perfection,” “The Perfect One” JAY-AR-JUUUUDY!!!

He turns to the near corner and pulls himself up to the middle rope. After a few seconds of standing still on the ropes, JR once again raises his arms in to his trademark pose \_0_/, bringing in more boos from the audience. JR continues to ignore the crowd as he lowers his arms. He then slips off his ring jacket and drops it off to the ring attendant. JR hops down from the corner and begins to warm up in the ring, stretching on the ropes and such.

Sanction: Here his is, the “Perfect One” JR Judy.

Scorpion: I don’t know. Something about that “Perfect One” stuff just really makes him look like a douche-bag.

Sanction: He’s not popular. Mostly it’s because of that attitude. But he doesn’t care about the fans or reception; he’s here to win by any means necessary.

Scorpion: And how’s that worked out for him?

JR glares at the stage as the opening bars of “Refused Are Fucking Dead” hits the PA. As the main riff comes in, Derrick makes his way to the stage. He struts out to the stage with a mic in hand wearing a Green Arrow logo T-shirt.

Hana Ramirez: And his opponent, hailing from Chicago Comics on Clark in Chicago, Illinois.

Derrick Jedi: Hold up, Guadalupe Sanchez. I can handle this. JR, Seattle, XWA, how’s it going?

Jedi begins to make his way to the ring.

Derrick Jedi: Now, every where I go people ask me “Derrick, what are you doing here when you can be munching on Seattle's own Gianna Michaels' beef curtains?” And to them I say it’s none of your business who’s business I’m getting into when I’m getting down to business. And speaking of business, I have a 2-out-of-3 falls match with JR Judy… for literally no reason what so ever. Logan would have done it but he’s got shit to do, really, that kid is just burning himself out at this point. So I agreed to this match as Logan’s replacement because he’s my employer and to be frank I just plain like the guy. So here we are, the Jedi Warrior, the Sith Lord, the Man Who Has the Death Sentence on Eight Star Systems, the Champion of Nerdittude, Derrick F. Jedi. The “F” stands for “Fucking.” And JR Judy, in a 2-out-of-3 falls match at Legends… for no reason what so ever. Dude, look at me, clearly I lack the long-term stamina unless I’m laying it down like I mentioned previously; in which case I’m doing very little and she’s doing most of the work and that’s the strategy I’m bringing to this little encounter.

Derrick walks up the steps as Hana exists. Jedi steps through the ropes and gets cut off by JR who unleashes with a series of rights and lefts to the head and back of Jedi. He pulls him into the ring with a cravat before lying out with the Glimpse of Perfection! He covers!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

Sanction: Holy crap! Just like that the first fall goes to JR Judy!

Scorpion: This might be a world record best of three falls match for speed.

JR sits Jedi up and applies a sleeper hold. The hold can barely get applied before Derrick sneaks behind Judy and starts to force him to his feet. He lifts him for a back suplex before dropping him ass-first on his knee with an atomic drop. He shoves JR away only to create space for the run up as he comes in and pulls JR’s skull into the canvas with a Jedi Mind Trick! He hooks him into a tight cradle!
ONE!

TWO!

THREE!
Sanction: What the hell!? Again!? Two falls in like ten seconds each! This is amazing!

After Jedi gets off, he and Judy respectively scurry away to opposing corners. With the score at one and one, there’s little room for error now, as both men need to focus on the third and final fall. Both guys walk out to the center of the ring, the other a little more apprehensive than the first. Jedi goes in for a lock up and JR quickly turns it into a hammerlock. Jedi quickly turns it into a wristlock and transitions into a side headlock on Judy. Judy gets his hand up in Jedi’s face, forcing him to turn his head so JR can move around to the front and reverse into a top wristlock; taking Jedi down. Derrick rolls back to his feet and shoots in an underhook before taking Judy over with a hip toss. From his back, Judy tucks his legs in and shoots his legs up, nailing Derrick in the chin with a double stomp. The shot forces Derrick to stagger back as Judy gets to his feet. He walks up to Derrick and kicks him in the stomach before laying in several haymakers to the top of Derrick’s head.

Sanction: And we might see another fall real soon.

Scorpion: Unless Jedi can pull his head out of his ass.

Judy must’ve heard them because he quickly takes Derrick over with a snapmare. He steps over Derrick’s head as he overhooks the arm and he takes a knee; a modified octopus hold applied on Jedi. With his hamstring on the back of Derrick’s head, his seated position hunches his spine like a gorilla’s and puts immense pressure on his entire back. Judy reaches over and grabs Derrick’s far ankle, pulling it around to his back in a bow-and-arrow position in a modified Mexican Saustica.

Sanction: Jeez, Judy is putting on a clinic.

Scorpion: Yeah, that does look really painful.

With Derrick’s body contorted to resemble a symbol of hate and intolerance to some and peace and good fortune to Hindus the kneeling base doesn’t give Judy many options in terms of leverage or torque. Although it’s incredibly painful, Jedi won’t quit. JR, rather than lose the hold, he simply gives it up; letting Derrick sit comfortably for a second before punting the base of his spine with a soccer kick. JR keeps the pressure on with a rear chinlock, a facelock applied using the knee as a fulcrum against the upper back/lower neck.

Sanction: JR Judy is not letting Derrick Jedi get in any offense edgewise.

Derrick having to fight to stay in every second of this match reaches up for JR’s head. Judy leans back, allowing him to turn into the hold and force a transition into a headlock. The Perfect One reacts quickly, sitting out with the hold as Derrick tries to pry his head out from his kneeling base. Derrick lays the blade of his forearm against the side of Judy’s head grinding the bone into the cartilage of the ear and forcing him to crick his neck to the side. Judy quickly breaks his headlock but Jedi for a change was slightly quicker: he turns onto his back and hooks JR’s head in a headscissors. Judy turns over as Derrick sits up. Jedi applies a butterfly as he lays back and rolls Judy through into a seated position. Derrick keeps the butterfly hold applied as he transitions into a double wristlock on JR’s left arm. He nearly has it on but uses it as a ploy to transition into a full nelson.

Sanction: Derrick Jedi finally getting some semblance of offense in as he locks JR in that full nelson.

Traditional as it is, it’s still a punishing hold. However, it’s traditional, meaning there’s about eight and a half billion ways to escape. Judy runs to the ropes, Derrick on his back, and drops down, throwing him through the ropes with an armdrag-type maneuver. Derrick lands on the apron and Judy gets to his feet. He pulls Jedi up to his feet and hits him with a cold forearm shiver to the face before breaking for the ropes. Judy charges in with a head of steam and goes to check Derrick with a shoulder block but the Jedi sees it coming from a mile away and lists lazily to the left; completely avoiding it.

Sanction: Where’d Jedi go!? Oh there he is, slightly more to the left! Man, this guy knows some maneuvers!

Judy looks up to see where Derrick went. Jedi drops down off the apron and nails JR with a punch to the face. He quickly climbs back onto the apron and applied a standing headscissors over Judy’s slightly dazed predicament. He hooks his arms again in a butterfly before driving his hips down on the back of his head and slinging his throat across the middle rope.

Scorpion: Was that a Pedigree Hotshot?

Sanction: I believe so.

Jedi lets Judy go to stagger around the ring holding his trachea. Derrick enters the ring still sore and worn out from the previous couple of exchanges. Judy turns and charges in at Derrick looking for a lariat. The Jedi Master ducks the attempt and turns as Judy bounces off the ropes. He comes in and Derrick catches him with a sidewalk slam perfectly perpendicular to the corner. Derrick gets up and yells out “Who wants to see a fat man moonsault!”

Scorpion: Jeez, he’s going to kill him!

The fans roar with approval as Derrick starts to climb the turnbuckle. He mounts the middle turnbuckle, to take a breather from the looks of it, and Judy makes his move. As Derrick steps onto the top rope, Judy ducks his head through Jedi’s legs and hooks him before dropping forward with a powerbomb. Jedi’s head bounces off the canvas and rattles his brain like a caged bird. Derrick falls high on his shoulders and rolls through to his belly only before turning over onto his back. Judy takes his time following the move to breathe and while Derrick turns over he mounts the turnbuckles himself. He stands tall and dives off looking for a headbutt. He holds his arms out, his swan dive coming to a fruitless end as Jedi moves at the last split second; letting Judy splat face-first to the canvas.

Sanction: Judy hit absolutely nothing on that headbutt attempt.

Scorpion: You’re right. Hell, I’m impressed he even hit the ring.

Judy does his best to get up following his miss and can barely get to a knee before Derrick comes out of nowhere with an Individually Wrapped American Cheese Slice! He covers!
ONE!

TWO!

“DAMMIT!”

Judy’s shoulder shoots off the canvas mere moments before the ref’s hand comes down for the three. He picks Judy up and applies a headlock, buying time more than attempting any serious offense. Before he can come up with a game plan, Judy lays him back against the ropes and shoots him off in the opposite direction. Derrick rebounds and Judy nearly takes his head off with a back elbow to the face. He picks the fat bastard up and tags him with a few punches to the head. He shoves him back into the ropes and as he dizzily rebounds, JR takes him down with a double-leg takedown. Before he can do anything, though, Derrick turns over and takes Judy down to the canvas.

Sanction: JR looking for any number of submission holds there and just shot down by Derrick Jedi.

JR scrambles to his feet while Derrick is still on his belly. He grabs his leg, most likely looking for the toehold, but Derrick quickly rolls onto his back. He hooks his free foot under JR’s arm before turning over again with another body scissors takeover. Jedi tries his best to get to his feet but is no match for Judy who is already to his feet. He locks in a half nelson before clutching the wrist and cinching in the Million Dollar Dream.

Sanction: I wonder how Ted DiBiase’s one million dollar fortune is holding up in this economy?

Scorpion: Well, Virgil isn’t cheap, that’s for sure.

The modified judo hold barely has time to take effect before Derrick starts fighting out of it. He flails wildly with his free arm before having the sense to throw elbows starts to come into effect. He then grabs Judy’s wrist-clutching arm at the elbow and flips Judy over his shoulder with an ippon-nage. JR unceremoniously lands on his ass and quickly scrambles to his feet. He quickly clutches Derrick’s head and drops to a knee with a jawbreaker.

Sanction: Jawbreaker by Judy.

Jedi gets staggered by the shot and is barely coherent as JR pulls him into a guillotine. He points at the ropes, signaling for The Perfect Payoff.

Sanction: JR looking to end this match once and for all; signaling for the Perfect Payoff.

JR runs toward the ropes and steps off the top rope. He goes to swing around but Derrick catches his leg and pulls him into a lateral clutch.

Scorpion: Oh crap.

Judy drives a few elbows to the side of Derrick’s head and gets him to release before he can drop him with a powerslam. JR acts quickly, barring Jedi’s arm dropping back with a single-arm DDT.

Sanction: Jumping armbreaker by Judy and he’s not out yet.

The armbreaker took Jedi off guard and again leaves Judy with the advantage. He picks Derrick up and shoves him against the ropes before hooking his arm over the top rope and wrenching it with a hammerlock.
ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!
JR lets go and gets in the ref’s face, reminding him that he has until five. He goes over to Jedi and wrings the arm with a wristlock before driving his elbow down into his tricep. He boots the tubby Jewish kid into the ropes and sends him flying with an Irish whip. Jedi rebounds and Judy catches him dead center with a wakigatame (Fujiwara armbar) takedown. With Derrick flat on his face and his left arm being worked over, he is at Judy’s whim. JR scissors the arm, applying a catch wrestling straight armlock with his legs and keeping his arms free to apply the crossface.

Sanction: And Judy has Derrick Jedi trapped in the ring with the Nagata Lock II.

Scorpion: It’s a killer hold, that’s for sure.

Sanction: … not cool.

Scorpion: What? Why? What did I- oh wait, I remember.

A bitch of a hold no doubt, Derrick Jedi is wrestling on borrowed time. Judy wrenches back on the hold; keeping it locked in firm. He pulls back on his hands, grinding his wrist into the bridge of Derrick’s nose. But Derrick has one natural advantage; he’s morbidly obese. While to most it’s considered a crutch when dealing with issues such as women or turnstiles, here in this instance Derrick’s size is actually an advantage. He’s able to use his extra inches to roll into Judy and alleviate some of the pressure. He swings his legs around and lays back into a bridge.
ONE!
Judy quickly rolls over and keeps the crossface cinched in, flipping Derrick back onto his front. Jedi, however, posts a knee and already the hold is only half as effective. He uses his free arm to pry JR’s hands away from his face. He finally gets his head free and pulls JR across his shoulders as he stands up. He stalls for a moment before falling back with a Samoan Drop.

Sanction: Did you see that!?

Scorpion: No, but neither will anyone else except for the people here so I’m not too bothered by it.

Judy rolls under the bottom rope for safety: lying on the ring apron. Derrick gets up a little weary and definitely minding his shoulder. He tries to roll it to make it loose but winces at half range of motion. He tries to shake it off and walks over to Judy who is beginning to rise on the apron. He reaches over the top rope and grabs a handful of his gelled hair only for Judy to grab his arm once again and try to rip it from the socket as he jumps off the ring; slingshotting the Sith Lord’s shoulder on the ropes.

Sanction: JR Judy is trying to just pick apart Derrick’s arm.

Scorpion: Once you find a chink in the armor…

Sanction: A what?

Scorpion: A chink. I said chink. Chink. What, is there a- dammit, Mark.

JR turns away from the ring. He’s a little wobbly but he still has enough sense to pose. Despite the pain, Jedi is undeterred. He beat JR once already: he can do it again; even if nobody’s going to see it and he can’t take any credit for it. Jedi steps through the ropes and onto the apron. The crowd swells, forcing JR to divert his attention. As he turns, Derrick takes a step and then does a front flip, crashing back first into JR on the floor with a tope con hilo.

Sanction: Unbelievable what this guy will do to win a match!

Scorpion: Derrick Jedi is determined for sure but how will he match up against a veteran like Judy?

The two men lie on the floor, Derrick taking a moment to rest his shoulder and JR taking a moment to catch his wind. The ref begins to count.
ONE!
They still just lay there. Derrick is courteous enough to roll his fat ass off of Judy’s chest at least.
TWO!
Judy rolls over onto his belly; a little closer to the vertical base he wants.
THREE!
Derrick turns over and does his best to roll into the guardrail; giving himself something to lean up against.
FOUR!
Judy crawls towards the ring. Little by little until he reaches the ring skirt and then he uses that to climb.

FIVE!

Derrick uses the barrier to pull himself up with his good arm. He gets to a knee and then finally to his feet.
SIX!
JR pulls himself up using the ring apron for support; he’s nearly standing.
SEVEN!
Jedi waddles over to the ring and rolls in under the bottom rope: freeing himself from the count and buying at least another second of rest.
EIGHT!

JR stands tall and rolls into the ring. With both men still lying down, the ref continues the double count out.

NINE!

Kind of pissed off that that’s how the rules actually work, both Jedi and Judy begrudgingly roll over and begin to rise. Now fully standing, the match can continue.

Sanction: Man, how funny would it have been for this to end with a double count out?

Scorpion: Well, if a double count out happens in a dark match, does anyone even care?

Sanction: You just have to piss on everything don’t you.

Judy, still fresher than Jedi, bolts over to the fat man and boots him in the gut. He pulls him into a front facelock but Derrick shoves Judy away. JR goes in and Derrick sidesteps him as he plants a solid right hand on Judy’s jaw. The smack echoes through the arena as JR stumbles back into the ropes.

Sanction: Nearly a knockout punch by Derrick Jedi and now Judy is on the ropes.

Jedi grabs JR by the wrist shoots him into the ropes with an Irish whip. He comes in off the rebound and Jedi expertly applies a Cobra Clutch. He holds onto it for a brief moment before lifting JR up and falling back. He lets go of the half nelson portion and uses the wrist-clutch as a rip chord, spinning JR around and letting splat on the canvas with the Dungeons & Dragons Suplex!

Sanction: D&D Plex and Jedi might have a fighting chance!

Derrick uses the opportunity to make some space and get into position for something big. He mounts the middle turnbuckle as Judy starts to come back to life on the canvas. JR rolls onto his front and pushes up off the canvas. He begins to rise and Derrick stands tall on the middle turnbuckle. JR turns as Derrick dives off and hits him with a perfect El Santo style tope to the chest; using his skull like battering ram against Judy’s ribcage.

Sanction: Derrick Jedi with a flying headbutt to Judy’s chest; just coming off like a missile and hitting him in the heart!

Judy crawls to the nearest corner and pulls himself up slowly. He lays back in the corner as Derrick slowly gets to his feet. The fat guy stumbles towards the corner but quickly takes control of his momentum as he turns it into a hip attack! Judy staggers out right into the arms of Derrick Jedi who quickly disposes of him with a body slam. JR scrambles to his feet and walks right into a second. Jedi sits JR up and wags his finger, letting Detroit know he’s not done yet.

Sanction: Jedi going for the third.

Indeed, he picks up JR Judy and scoops him up right before turning him over and planting him into the canvas with a third straight body slam. With JR incapacitated, Jedi takes a moment to gather himself and walks to the far corner. JR, again, is left crawling to the turnbuckles for sanctuary. He turns over, looking up at the lights with his head resting comfortably on the bottom turnbuckle pad. He is rudely interrupted from his much-needed siesta as Jedi barrels in and flips forward, crushing him with a cornered senton.

Scorpion: Look at the fat man move.

Sanction: He has impressed thus far with this showing but now he needs to put Judy away.

Two men, two perfect records in XWA on the line, one and one in this two-out-of-three falls match (betcha don’t even remember that it was to begin with). Jedi rolls onto the apron and starts to rise, using the turnbuckles for support. JR is also showing signs of life, making sure he stays the hell out of the corner for starters and rolling towards the center of the ring. Derrick pulls himself up to his feet and starts to scale the ropes, looking for the Battletoad Splash most likely on the downed JR Judy and hopefully end this match. Derrick gets one boot on the middle rung and then the other. He looks in the ring and sees Judy lying prone in the ring. Jedi steps onto the top rope with one foot, still making sure Judy doesn’t move before making himself incredibly vulnerable. Satisfied, he stands tall on the top rope and-Goddammit Judy! Stay the fuck down!

Sanction: Judy explodes off the canvas and crotches Jedi on the top turnbuckle!

Another one of Jedi’s high-flying attempts foiled, his junk is screaming at him. Judy, dazed and confused, still has enough sense to go for some sort of attack. His choice however is questionable.

Sanction: Judy looking to superplex the big man.

Scorpion: I would have probably tried something else.

Not the wisest choice for sure. JR hooks Jedi’s pants but can’t even get the fat bastard to cooperate enough to step on the top rope: it would make things a lot easier. But Jedi doesn’t quite feel like losing and instead opts to reverse yet another one of JR Judy’s offensive attempts. He hooks JR’s trunks and lifts him slightly before dropping him off the turnbuckles. Jedi doesn’t even check the results, he just tries to sit more comfortably. Unfortunately for him, Judy landed on his hands and knees, hardly the gordbuster Jedi was looking for, and quickly springs into the air and nails Derrick with a dropkick to the jaw.

Sanction: Holy crap! JR Judy just dropkick Derrick Jedi on the top rope!

Scorpion: Try saying that five times fast.

Sanction: That, that…

Scorpion: Fuck you.

The shot knocks Jedi through a metaphorical loop as his literal ass seems to be glued to the top turnbuckle somehow. JR shakes it off and scales the turnbuckle, looking to take Jedi down and out with a frankensteiner. He mounts the top rope and hooks his legs over Jedi’s shoulders before laying back and… laying back and… laying back and-

Sanction: Jedi holding his ground and holding Judy.

JR Judy’s predicament is exactly that, but he still has enough vigor to go for broke. He sits up, looking to clutch Derrick’s head, and Derrick lets him as he fishes an arm through JR’s legs and cradles his neck in a front chancery.

Sanction: Uh oh.

The crowd swells as they realize Judy’s predicament. The power of Derrick Jedi and the hundreds of Hot Pockets he has laid to waste has all come together for this moment. Too fat to frankensteiner, Derrick’s awkward positioning almost doesn’t make sense until he jumps off the middle rope and sits out, planning Judy on his skull with the Exploder Driver: Revenge of the Nerds. The crowd erupts.

Sanction: I don’t believe it! Revenge of the Nerds off the top rope! And he covers!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

Hana Ramirez: The winner of the match, Derrick Jedi!

The crowd explodes as Derrick sits upright and holds up his hand. “Refused are Fucking Dead” picks back up at the verse as Judy lays on the canvas dazed and defeated. Derrick rolls out of the ring holding his ribs and cradling his arm as he slowly makes his way to the back.
God wrote:I lost a contact. Nobody move.
Proud member of the S.D.F.C.
ThePerfect1

Postby ThePerfect1 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:08 pm

ooc: Yes I know it is short, but it is also short due to building the character.
29:35…
29:34…
29:33….

Mark Sanction: “Ladies and Gentlemen, was that…..was that JR Judy?”

Jordan Michaels: “Mark it sure sounded like him, but it looks like he has in his words, reinvented himself, in to this deranged figure known now as Karnage.”

Mark Sanction: “So I can only assume that our 2-out-of-3 falls match will take place after all? Once again J…I mean Karnage, leaves us with more questions than answers which has been his objective since his arrival. But let’s go to the ring and get this action under way.”

In the ring, XWA ring announcer Hana Ramirez raises the microphone and begins to speak.

Hana Ramirez: “Ladies and Gentlemen, the following contest, is scheduled for the 2 out of 3 falls!”

As the words leave Hana’s mouth, the opening bars of “Refused Are Fucking Dead” hits the PA. As the main riff comes in, Derrick makes his way to the stage. He struts out to the stage with a mic in hand wearing a Green Arrow logo T-shirt.

Hana Ramirez: “Making his way to the ring first, hailing from Chicago Comics on Clark in Chicago, Illinois…”

Hana is cut off by the sound of Derrick’s voice.

Derrick Jedi: “Hold up, Guadalupe Sanchez. I can handle this. JR, Seattle, XWA, how’s it going?”

Jedi begins to make his way to the ring.

Derrick Jedi: “Now, everywhere I go people ask me “Derrick, what are you doing here when you can be munching on Seattle's own Gianna Michaels' beef curtains?” And to them I say it’s none of your business who’s business I’m getting into when I’m getting down to business. And speaking of business, I have a 2-out-of-3 falls match with JR Judy… for literally no reason what so ever. Logan would have done it but he’s got shit to do, really, that kid is just burning himself out at this point. So I agreed to this match as Logan’s replacement because he’s my employer and to be frank I just plain like the guy. So here we are, the Jedi Warrior, the Sith Lord, the Man Who Has the Death Sentence on Eight Star Systems, the Champion of Nerdittude, Derrick F. Jedi. The “F” stands for “Fucking.” And JR Judy, in a 2-out-of-3 falls match at Legends… for no reason what so ever. Dude, look at me, clearly I lack the long-term stamina unless I’m laying it down like I mentioned previously; in which case I’m doing very little and she’s doing most of the work and that’s the strategy I’m bringing to this little encounter.”

Mark Sanction: “Derrick Jedi seems very confident coming in to this match against a former 4-time World Champion.”

Jordan Michaels: “Mark I don’t think Derrick expects J….Karnage to even show up tonight, like most of us here in the arena. I’d be confident too.”

Derrick enters the ring as Hana raises the microphone back to her mouth.

Hana Ramirez: “And his opponent, from Columbus, Ohio, weighing 235 lbs, he is THE Perfect One, Jay…..R……Judy!”

The crowd turns to the entrance way and awaits JR’s arrival. However there is no music, no pyro, no fancy lighting effects. Just silence. Quickly, a ring attendant runs in to the ring, hands Hana a card and quickly exits. Hana reads the card with a confused look on her face and then raises the microphone up once more.

Hana Ramirez: “Ladies and Gentlemen, Derrick Jedi’s opponent in this 2-out-of-3 falls contest, is from The Broken Mirror, he is Karnage!”

Mark Sanction: “Did she say the broken mirror?”

Jordan Michaels: “This is getting really strange….”

Just then, the arena lights go black. The mysterious opening notes of “Blue” by: The Birthday Massacre begin to play through the arena. As the beat comes in, a red spotlight appears on the center of the stage, and there stands the man formerly known as “The Perfect One” JR Judy. Now dressed in a black hooded trench coat which covers his face, the man known as Karnage stands still on the ramp. In an instant, his head shoots back and he spits a mysterious red liquid from his mouth. He readjusts his hood as he walks to the ring. His face is now covered in white face paint with mysterious red marks, looking like scars and blood, covering his face. His demented face is covered by longer black hair and the hood which shields him from the audience who does not know what to think of this new man, or better yet, monster that stands before them.

Mark Sanction: “I….I don’t know what we are witnessing….”

Jordan Michaels: “This is Karnage….this is a new era in XWA….and this…..is beyond strange….”

Karnage slowly makes his way to the bottom of the ramp and rolls under the bottom rope. He then sits on the canvas in the near corner and begins to rock back and forth as the the lights return to normal and the music fades out.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

The bell sounds and the first fall is underway. At the sound of the bell, Derrick begins to move around the ring, preparing for the action. However on the other side of the ring sits Karnage, still rocking in the corner, the hood still covers his face. Derrick turns to the ref in confusion, but the referee signals to start the action. Jedi slowly walks in, stalking Karnage. When he gets within reach of the deranged monster sitting in the corner, he quickly grabs the hood and flings it off of the head of Karnage. As he does, Karnage’s head shoots up and he again spits that red liquid, this time however in the face of Jedi! The liquid blinds Jedi and sends him staggering back in to the middle of the ring. Karnage quickly returns to his feet and removes his jacket.

He goes over to the blinded Jedi and grabs him by the head and the neck. He wraps both of his arms around his neck, setting up for the Diamond Cutter we used to know as, Glimpse of Perfection. Karnage turns to look Derrick in his watering eyes and gives another twisted and demented look before slowly leaping in to the air and pulling down on the neck of Jedi. As Karnage hits the canvas, he drives Derrick face first in to the mat (Finisher). Derrick’s head bounces off of the canvas and he collapses on his back. Karnage rolls over and kneels at Derrick’s head. He grabs both arms and crosses them over Derrick’s throat in the form of an X. The referee cautiously slides down and begins his count.

1…

2…

3…

The referee signals for the bell, signifying the end of the first fall.

Hana Ramirez: “Ladies and Gentlemen, the winner of the first fall, is Karnage!”

Mark Sanction: “Did he just spew mist in the eyes of Jedi?”

Jordan Michaels: “He did and then he hit with him that Diamond Cutter, which is now to be known as The Annihilation.”

Mark Sanction: “Whatever he calls it, it was effective, and it gave Karnage the first fall.”

Karnage slithers away and back in to the corner as the referee and the nearby trainer check on Derrick Jedi. They begin to use a towel to attempt to clean his eyes of the mist from the mysterious Karnage. Karnage sees what the referee is doing, and quickly pulls himself up with the ropes. He storms over to the scene and shoves the referee and the trainer away. He grabs Derrick by the hair and yanks him back to his feet. Karnage shoves Derrick back in to the corner and begins to deliver right hands to the face of Jedi.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

The referee has no choice but to call for the bell and begin the second fall of this match. Karnage continues to deliver right hands to the face and then delivers a hard uppercut which sends Jedi crumbling to the mat. The referee attempts to step in, but Karnage quickly turns around, intimidating the referee.

Mark Sanction: “Karnage is just having his way with Jedi thus far.”

Jordan Michaels: “And it looks like he has no intentions of stopping anytime soon.”

Karnage turns back to Jedi and takes off in a sprint towards the corner. However, the momentary distraction caused by the referee, allows Jedi enough time to recover and slip out of the way. Karnage crashes into the corner chest first as Derrick is able to avoid. Jedi takes off towards the far ropes, springs back and comes charging at Karnage who stumbled out of the corner. Jedi leaps in to the air and then extends both legs towards Karnage. His feet are driven in to the chest of Karnage which drops him down to the mat.

Mark Sanction: “Derrick is starting to light it up now!”

Jordan Michaels: “A beautiful dropkick which took Karnage to the mat, and now he is setting up for something else!”

Jedi again hits the ropes and comes charging back at Karnage. This time, instead of his legs, it is his right arm which he extends and drives in to the chest of Karnage. The shot staggers the demented soul, but does not take him down. Jedi backs up and sprints back at Karnage, delivering a second clothesline, this time sending Karnage stumbling through the ring ropes and out to the apron. Jedi, feeling the momentum swing, leaps in to the air, and drives his foot directly in to the back of the head of Karnage which sends him crashing down to the arena floor!

On the floor, Karnage quickly rolls for cover under the ring apron while Derrick backs away from the ropes. Under the ring, Karnage quickly slides a steel chair out from underneath the ring. He slowly staggers to his feet, keeping the chair hidden under the apron. Derrick, with no knowledge of the chair, quickly takes off in a sprint towards Karnage. He leaps through the middle rope and the top rope, attempting a suicide dive on to Karnage, but The Black Prophet has an answer. Karnage raises the chair and cracks Jedi directly in the face! The chair shot echoes throughout the arena as Jedi lays motionless, draped over the middle rope. The crowd erupts with boos as Karnage continues his assault deliver chair shot after chair shot to the spine and head of Jedi. The referee frantically signals for the bell.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

But the bell ringing does not stop Karnage. He continues his assault until finally referees from the back rush down to ringside and take the chair away from him.

Hana Ramirez: “Ladies and Gentlemen, the winner of the second fall, as a result of a disqualification, Derrick Jedi!”

Mark Sanction: “Well Derrick wins the second fall as a result of a disqualification, but he sure doesn’t look like a winner right now.”

Jordan Michaels: “And I don’t think Karnage is done just yet.”

Karnage continues to deliver right hands to the head, demanding the referee to start the third fall as he does.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

The referee calls for the bell and the third fall is underway. Karnage slides in to the ring and drags Jedi’s lifeless body out of the ropes. He again grabs him by the head and the neck. He wraps both of his arms around his neck, setting up for a second Annihilation. Karnage turns to look Derrick but this time there is no emotion from Jedi’s face. He is obviously unconscious from the violent chair shots moments ago. Karnage again gives a demented look to the unconscious Jedi before slowly leaping in to the air and pulling down on the neck of Derrick As Karnage hits the canvas, he drives Derrick face first in to the mat with a second Annihilation (Finisher). This time Derrick’s head does not bounce off of the canvas. His body just collapses. Karnage rolls over Jedi and kneels at his head. He grabs both arms and crosses them over Derrick’s throat in the form of an X. The referee cautiously slides down and begins his count once more.

1…

2…

3…

The referee calls for the final bell.

Hana Ramirez: “Ladies and Gentlemen, the winner of this contest, is Karnage!”

Mark Sanction: “Well mercifully this one is over, Karnage gets the win.”

Jordan Michaels: “Mark, I don’t think Karnage is through.”

After the bell, Karnage continue to pull on the arms of Derrick, crushing down on the man’s throat, choking him! Derrick’s face begins to turn blue as the oxygen leaves his body. As referee’s try to step in, finally Karnage releases the hold, but only after causing even more damage to the fallen Jedi. The referee quickly slides outside and whispers something in Hana’s ear while Karnage slithers out of the ring.

Hana Ramirez: “Ladies and Gentlemen, the referee has just informed me, that Karnage, HAS BEEN DISQUALIFIED! Therefore, the winner of this contest, Derrick Jedi!”

Mark Sanction: “Karnage has been disqualified!”

Jordan Michaels: “And he is not one bit pleased about it!”

Karnage reenters the ring and quickly grabs hold of the referee. He grabs him by the neck and with no hesitation, drives him head first to the mat with The Annihilation! The referee crumbles to the mat as Karnage again slithers out of the ring. “Blue” by: The Birthday Massacre begins to play as the arena lights go dark, and only a red spotlight shines over the broken bodies left in the ring.

Mark Sanction: “Karnage may have officially lost this contest, but his arrival surely made a statement in XWA.”

Jordan Michaels: “Karnage ladies and gentlemen is on a mission, and I shutter to think what he will do next….”
Dan
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer
Characters Handled: Dan Bennett

Postby Dan » Mon May 02, 2011 7:49 am

Okay, finally a match to vote on.

Derreck Jedi: First off, Your introduction is possibly the best one I've ever seen.

Now, to the match. Good pacing, I had to look one of the moves up because I'm retarded, but other than that, I did enjoy the match. Not many people here willingly RP as a fat guy. Props, yo. The only thing I really didn't like was you kinda copped out the 2 out of 3 by two almost-immediate falls.

JR Judy: While I could see the new version of JR possibly dominating, your match was a bit short. Maybe a little more between each fall would've beefed it up as much as Gianna Michael's beef curtains.

Vote: Derrick Jedi.
Tempest
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby Tempest » Mon May 02, 2011 1:32 pm

Gotta save my vote in case of a tie, but I need to say, Mr. Jedi, I'm seriously impressed. Great character work and your match was top notch. JR Judy, glad to see you're back, and looking forward to more from you.
The Original XWA Grandslam Champion!
DarkSabre
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby DarkSabre » Tue May 03, 2011 8:18 pm

Voting via the mobile! Sorry for the short post.

Logan, Jedi, whatever: I really enjoyed your match, especially the layout. Having the first two falls occur back to back in a minute, followed by a lengthy final fall was certainly unexpected.

JR Karnage: I like the new character style, tis very Anti-Judy in comparisons to the character I faced long ago. I agree with Dan on length, but found the action made the short match believable.

Vote: Dr Karnage

In a match so close like this, I ended up choosing the one I like the best. JR, youd better expand on this character or I won't be happy.
Johawn
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby Johawn » Tue May 03, 2011 11:48 pm

Jedi - Bravely, bravely structured. The first two falls being so close together and then the battle for the third made for a tense match that really paid off. Your action was solid and written well. Your finish was nice and you had it kinda special for Legends, which was a nice touch. All in all, a good match with a lot of promise. Can't wait to see you in a feud.

JR - Also a brave match, and a lot of kudos to you for it. I enjoyed the introduction of the new Karnage, and can't wait to see what brought about this change. You made him seem important, ruthless and dangerous and I'm so all for that. My one gripe is that I would have shown this dangerous character against a more established guy, who would be less hurt by being so handily beaten. But that's not your fault, you wanted to do it at Legends, and this is who you had. It was well written, short for my tastes but understandably so.

So, the vote...I have to give it to Jedi, and hope that this doesn't hurt Karnage's momentum. Good efforts, guys, and your two matches just screamed potential to me.

Match of the Year 2010, 2011.
Proud Member: UAAA
StraightEdge Rurouni
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby StraightEdge Rurouni » Wed May 04, 2011 3:55 pm

To Jedi: I liked your match, after the first two falls, but the first part kind of hurt the entire thing for me in a way, as others have mentioned that it was unexpected to see such a lengthy third fall. The action back and forth was decent, some great work trying to show how dedicated both pairs were for trying to score a victory at Legends, even if it wasn't on the main card. Also, I had to look up some of the moves, so good job on variety, its been months since I read a match where anyone was able to make me have to do that.

To Karnage/Judy: Your match was short, which would be expected from a pre-show match anyway, and it was interesting and very entertaining how you played it out, really loved your third fall. Like some have mentioned, only the length really hurt you here, but you kept it well organized and it was a well written match, looking forward to seeing Karnage in action in the future.

My vote goes to Jedi.
Legendary
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby Legendary » Thu May 05, 2011 1:31 am

Just curious, what moves did everyone have to look up?

I'm guessing La Suastica was one of them but were there any others?

Because I should warn you, a good chunk of Matt Logan matches include a lot of lucha terminology and catch wrestling terms along with the standard pro wrestling and MMA stuff everyone is familiar with.

And if I do that, should I use more description or just post a pic or something?
God wrote:I lost a contact. Nobody move.
Proud member of the S.D.F.C.
Dan
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer
Characters Handled: Dan Bennett

Postby Dan » Thu May 05, 2011 4:19 am

The ones I had trouble with were ippon-nage, front chancery, and yes, La Suastica.

Return to “XWA Legends 2011 (PPV)”