A Night of Appreciation...: OverDrive vs. The Headcrushers

Matches that occurred on our A Night of Appreciation for Mr. West Pay Per View!
AlexSean
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

A Night of Appreciation...: OverDrive vs. The Headcrushers

Postby AlexSean » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:58 am

Coming LIVE from Los Angeles, California!

"XWA A Night of Appreciation for Mr. West" Theme Song
"All of the Lights" by Kanye West

Tag Team Competition
ImageImage
ImageImage
OverDrive vs. The Headcrushers
With the XWA Tag Team Championship situation seemingly set to be resolved in the main event of the event, it would seem appropriate for the XWA to do it's best in continuing to establish it's upstart Tag Team division. With that being said we have a contest wherein The Headcrushers, a team that came from the WFWF after mixed results in their ranks, takes on the newcomers OverDrive. Chris Chaos, meanwhile, has been dealing with some injuries, so there is some doubt as to his condition going into the bout. Regardless, we will see yet another bout set to further establish the XWA Tag Team division live on PPV!

* Deadline for Matches is Saturday, February 26th, at 11:59 PM EST.*
* Deadline for Voting is Monday, February 28th, at 11:59 PM EST.*

EVORG87

Re: A Night of Appreciation...: OverDrive vs. The Headcrushe

Postby EVORG87 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:05 pm

Mark Sanction: Are next match is one I’ve been looking for since the higher ups made it official when XWA’s own “The Immortal Anti-Christ” Chris Chaos and “The Chosen One” Lightning “The HeadCrushers” will be taking on former 7-time World Tag Team Champions and top of world’s best wrestlers “The Evolution” Robyn Golphin and “The Instant Replay Terrell Givens OverDrive!.

Jordan “Scorpion” Michaels: I have seen the guys in action before and when I tell you that they are pound for pound one the best tag teams out there, but you have to take in consideration that haven’t team with each in 4 years will that come into play tonight in their debut here tonight?

Mark Sanction: We will have to wait and see won’t we my friend but let’s take it backstage with Holly Hunt who is standing with Givens & Golphin to get there pre-match comments. Take it away Holly!

“The Camera Cuts backstage to see the lovely Holly Hunt standing in front of a big Logo of tonight’s show”

Holly Hunt: Thank! Mark, and just like he said XWA Fans I am standing here with two men that made careers as both Single and as one of the best tag teams all over the world, the team of Robyn Golphin and Terrell Givens OverDrive!

“You see both men walking into the picture sporting matching tag team attire and shirts”

Holly Hunt: Now Golphin & Givens everyone knows that you have had success as tag team in the past being 7x world tag team champions but it also been 4 years since the last time that anyone has seen you two team, and you also have to deal with one of XWA hottest Tag Teams “The HeadCrushers”! What are your thoughts?

Robyn Golphin: That’s seems to be the question of the week….. Robyn are you worried be the Chaos and Lightning, Givens do you think that you two will be able to work together after not being a tag team for the last 4 years, I will put it to you like this no matter if it was 5 or 6 years me and this man right here will have no problem cause not only are we tag partners we are like brothers.

Terrell Givens: like Robyn just said no matter how long it’s been we will go out there and put on a show for the fans that came to see the best wrestling in the world and the best tag team in the world today in Robyn Golphin and Terrell Givens, with that being said we are not looking past the “HeadCrushers” but tonight you will come to find out what makes us one the best tag teams today

Robyn Golphin: Because IF YOU ANI’T WITH IT.

Terrell Givens: THEN YOU BETTER GET WITH IT

OverDrive: HOLLA AT US!

“both me leaving the interview area to make their way to the stage”

Holly Hunt: you heard it first let’s get back to the action in the ring!
Bing…Bing……Bing

Hana Ramierez: The following Tag Team Contest is scheduled for one fall introducing first……..

"Enter the Arena/Crush ‘Em by Megadeath starts to play as we seeing the Tag Team of Chris Chaos and Lightning make their way to the ring"

Hana Ramierez: Coming to the ring at a combed weight of 446lbs from California “The Immortal Anti-Christ” Chris Chaos and “The Chosen One” Lightning they are “HEADCRUSHERS”!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“Both men get in to the ring with a mixed reaction of cheers and boos from the fans…..

Hana Ramierez: A their opponents …………..

“The lights go out as Ante Up by M.O.P. starts to play and the Fans are going Crazy as the see the Team of Golphin & Givens hit the stages multi-color lights flashing all over the arena.”

Hana Ramierez: Making their XWA debut Coming to the ring at a combed weight of 445lbs From Detroit, MI they are “The Evolution” Robyn Golphin and “The Instant Replay” Terrell Givens please gave a warm walk to OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“both men walk around the ring shaking hands with fans before getting into the ring seeing new and old fans of OverDrive out in the crowd."

Mark Sanction: As you can see these men haven’t lost their touch this is going to be one hell of a tag team match.

Jordan “Scorpion:” Michaels: I can barely hear myself think with all the people screaming for the two guys and I do agree with you Mark this will be on a great tag team match.

Terrell Givens and Chris Chaos look’s to start things off for their teams. Chris Chaos backs up Givens into the corner and immediately works him over with a series of punches and kicks. Givens comes back with a couple of knife edge chops, an arm drag, and a leg sweep. Golphin & Givens take turns hitting Chris Chaos with a couple of big right hands, before Givens slams Chris Chaos head first into Golphin’s feet, and tags in his partner. Givens and Golphin do some quick double team work hitting a STO Backbreaker (Givens) into a Neckbreaker (Golphin), to Chris Chaos and Givens scores a near fall after knocking Lightning off the ring apron. Lightning is able to repay Givens by sweeping his feet out from under him and tagging out to his partner.

Mark Sanction: These men are putting on one hell of a show the fans here tonight in Cali, the fans seem to really like team of Golphin & Givens with.

Jordan “Scorpion” Michaels: That they do Sanction, I’ve seen several OverDrive shirts and signs in crowd tonight they still have a big fan base, and they are taking It to the Headcrushers let’s hope that can come back and take control.

Mark Sanction: All Chaos and Lightning need to is to wait for the momentum of their Golphin or Givens to slip and then the will able to control or they try something underhand like they usually do

Jordan “Scorpion: Michaels: What are talking about Chaos and Lightning haven’t done any under hand things in their matches their two of XWA best!

Mark Sanction: Yeah but there also the best at doing things when the Ref isn’t looking too.

Chris Chaos is back in and eats some huge double “Flying Shoulder Tackle”, sending him to the outside. Lighting walks over to Chris and starts talking to him checking to see if his ok while out of nowhere both finds themselves hit by dual suicide dives from Golphin coming over the top rope & Givens coming through the middle rope. Golphin takes Lightning and sends him back into the ring and takes a big crossbody from Givens that’s good for a two count.

Givens teases that his going for the “Instant Encore”, but Lightning fights it off by pulling the ref in front of him and then kicks Givens in the crotch and he drops to the canvas. Lightning tags in Chris Chaos as he and Chris Chaos execute a double DDT into their knees to Givens from the top turnbuckle while Golphin is tied up with the ref. Lightning slaps Givens, taunting him, but it’s not long before Givens answers with a slap of his own. Lightning comes back with an enzugiri, but a pinfall is broken up by Golphin. Headcrushers hit a double team dropkick and Chris Chaos tags in.

Jordan “Scorpion” Michaels”: A picture perfect DDT to the knees the Headcrushers are on a roll now.

Mark Sanction: Are you stupid or something did you not just Lightning kick Givens between the legs.

Jordan “Scorpion” Michaels: Did the Referee see it? Did he? If he didn’t see then I didn’t see it either.

Mark Sanction: You got to be kidding me if they have to do things like that to win then I hope that OverDrive can pull out a win over the Headcrushers.

The Headcrushers double team backbreaker on Givens, hitting a nice front suplex/chestbreaker combo before Lightning locks in a rear chin lock. It doesn’t take Givens long to fight it off, but Chris Chaos hits Givens from behind with a brutal German Suplex, and makes the tag. Lightning takes Givens to the top turnbuckle going for a top rope “Back To The Past”, but Givens fights him knocking him to the canvas, Givens takes a few to catch his breath, but Lightning gets right back attacking Givens. Givens and Lightning are standing on the top rope Givens hooks Lightning under his arms and jumps off the top rope into an A-Town Bomb onto Lightning, the Ref checks on both wrestlers before starting his 10 count.

Kirk Samson: 1……….2……3……….4……….5………

Mark Sanction: That was on hell of a move Givens just pick Lightning straight up and drop him

back first in the middle of the ring laying both me out

6……….7……..8…….Ni…… Givens is up!

Jordan “Scorpion” Michaels: I don’t believe that his nor Lightning are up from that every impactful move but who’s going to get the tag first will it Terrell or Lightning?

Givens jumps to making the tag to Golphin. Lightning also gets to Chris Chaos and tags him in and Golphin goes right to work with a series of jumping forearms, big back elbow. Golphin ties up Chris Chaos in the tree of woe, and Givens hits a jumping dropkick as Golphin follows up with a big Kick to the mid section. Golphin dives out on Lightning and as Givens hits a springboard dive on Chris Chaos that’s good for a two count.

Mark Sanction: Golphin comes in a ball of fire taking Chaos then diving to the outside onto Lightning what a mach nothing but unstoppable action.

Jordan “Scorpion: Michaels: I will agree with you on that one thing but the Headcrushers will find away to pull out the win this match here tonight.

Mark Sanction: I truly doubt that it’s going to happen OverDrive has gotten there momentum back and doesn’t look like they’re going to give it up anytime soon just you watch and see.

Golphin slaps Lightning and Golphin & Givens continue to work their crazy double team magic hitting”6 shot Russian Roulette”. Givens tries to dive to the outside but Lightning moves and he crashes and burns. Chris Chaos hits an awesome Muay Thai Kicks combo into a shinning wizard that’s good for a two count on Golphin and the Headcrushers look frustrated. They try for a double team powerbomb on Golphin, but Givens is in to break it up and kicks Lightning in the back of the head. Then Givens and Golphin try for the “Knockout Yourself Out”, but Lightning tosses Givens over the top rope and Chris Chaos smashes Golphin’s face with a top rope dive. Chris Chaos holds Golphin up in the ropes, and Lightning hits a big 630 splash and then pins Golphin, but Givens breaks up the pin. Givens and Chris Chaos trade blows back and forth for several minutes getting the crowd into it , Chris kicks Givens in the gut and goes for “The Clothesline From Hell” but Givens Counters it into a STO but Lightning comes running at Givens and Givens hits an STO/DDT combo on the Headcrushers.

Jordan “Scorpion” Michaels: Now I’ll give it to Terrell that was one hell of a Combo move on both the Headcrushers

Mark Sanction: That’s what you call thinking in the moment, taking both men out in one motion. Cover someone Terrell get the win

Jordan “Scorpion: Michaels: What in the hell is he doing now his just pandering to the fans going to back to the top

Mark Sanction: A once again in this match Givens is going to the top looking like his going to try and hit that Diving Leg Drop he calls the “Diving Replay”

Givens tries for a “Diving Replay”, but he eats a double team spine buster maneuver. An Golphin’s takes a back body dropped to the floor. Givens tries for and misses a “Smokin’ Aces”. And get hit with a Crazy double team dives from Headcrushers but still can’t keep Givens down for three. Lightning tags in and it looks like they’re going for a “Reverse twist of Hate/BLBB combo”. Givens gets his knees up into Lightning’s face, and Golphin hits “The Murder City Drive” on Chris Chaos taking him out. Golphin goes to check on Givens and they see Lightning starting to get up from the canvas an out of nowhere they take his head off with double superkicks to his jaw and the crowd his electric but OverDrive is not done Givens picks up Lightning for a Crucifix Powerbomb.

Mark Sanction: I think that there going for it all now, there looking to hit the “BlcOut” that Crucifix Powerbomb Neckbreaker that has one them a numbers of matches and titles.

Golphin come running and hits a neckbreaker as Givens drops Lightning with the Powerbomb, and goes for the pin on Lightning,
Kirk Samson: ONE……………

TWO……………..

THREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hana Remierez: Your winners by pin fall “The Evolution” Robyn Golphin and “The Instant Replay” Terrell Givens OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Note: I have changed the font size down to make it easier to read for other members. A.
ImageImage
Dan
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer
Characters Handled: Dan Bennett

Postby Dan » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:30 am

Imperssive debut, sir.

A few things. The size of the font doesn't change anything. And when you do moves, you can elaborate on them, have the characters feel the effects of them, think "How would _____ feel after that?". Also, don't rush the action. Pace yourself. It's okay to explain that one grabbed the referee, but how did the referee react? How did a kick to the crotch NOT get seen by the referee?

Room to improve, but I can see a lot of good there.
Angelus
XWA Hall of Famer AND Site Ninja
XWA Hall of Famer AND Site Ninja

Postby Angelus » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:49 pm

The good: Nice debut, there were some very cool action sequences and some sweet double team moves. I liked the ending.

The less good: Sort the text out please, it's hard to read. Although the action was good it's very similar to how most people start out. Move A to Move B to Move C, stretch it out, put some of the thought of the wrestlers into the prose. If someone takes a massive move, sell it! "Tom hits a dropkick on Eddie" is much different to "Tom launches himself into the air seemingly hanging in the air for a split second before delivering both boot into the face of his opponent, hitting a picture perfect drop kick that would of made Mr Perfect proud" Everyone has their own style, you'll grow into yours!
"Angelus does not need a tray to destroy you."
N4L
Hazard
Spelling Nazi

Postby Hazard » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:52 pm

I agree with Dan & Angelus. Impressive, but as with every newcomer, room for improvement.

Yes, the size of the font is a bit much. There can be times where what you write looks tiny, but is in fact great work. Lengthen your matches out, and on that note, a great segue into point two. Like Dan said, don't rush the action, pacing is important. When I started out, my debut match was all action.

http://xwabattlezone.proboards.com/inde ... thread=672

That was my first match. Very little, if any pacing. And the difference between that match, and my best match...

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=467

Is amazing. If you want advice on how to do this, the perfect people to go to are the likes of Rose, Hutton and DGX. Read any of their matches. I learned a hell of a lot from Rose. I'd be happy to help out in any way I can too.

You've got potential, and with the right attitude (I sound so serious here), you can achieve massive results. Get the pacing in, get more descriptive, keep it up, and you'll be in contention for gold in no time! :sbiggrin:

Eli Cottonwood, Giant Gonzalez, Gobbledy Gooker, The Great Khali, Head, Hervina, Mantaur, Moppy, Santina Marella, The Shockmaster, Swagger Soaring Eagle, YOSHIHIKO
Danger Liam
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby Danger Liam » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:56 pm

Angelus wrote:The good: Nice debut, there were some very cool action sequences and some sweet double team moves. I liked the ending.

The less good: Sort the text out please, it's hard to read. Although the action was good it's very similar to how most people start out. Move A to Move B to Move C, stretch it out, put some of the thought of the wrestlers into the prose. If someone takes a massive move, sell it! "Tom hits a dropkick on Eddie" is much different to "Tom launches himself into the air seemingly hanging in the air for a split second before delivering both boot into the face of his opponent, hitting a picture perfect drop kick that would of made Mr Perfect proud" Everyone has their own style, you'll grow into yours!
You pretty much stole my thunder there Ang, I was gonna explain the whole pad out your sentences thing.

RTG, welcome to the XWA, long time no see. From what I remember this is a lot better than your old SCW work but as the guys have said there is defiantly room for improvement. My big advice is alway this ... find an old match you really like and sit watching it pausing it after ever move and writing what just happened then when you read the match back look at all the things your finding yourself writing alot because these are things that are integral to ANY match. Also if you do a few of these you might get an idea for how to pace a match really well. I think it helped me alot back when I started Match Writing. I took some time out and worked on my writing style by doing that and when I came back I beat Jack Cash for the World Gold so it defenitly works

Return to “A Night of Appreciation for Mr. West (PPV)”