Not putting a greeting in the title, because I'm a rebel.

Please introduce yourself here once you have registered. Thank you and enjoy your time here!
CorbyLewis

Re: Not putting a greeting in the title, because I'm a rebel.

Postby CorbyLewis » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:58 am

Hey dude.

As much as I'd like to jump in with a lengthy response, I think everyone covered everything.

I handle Corby Lewis. Welcome. I have been here for circa 2 months and really starting to enjoy it. I find that it takes a while reading through archives to get to know the guys look forward to working with you already.

See you around.
AJKrash

Postby AJKrash » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:29 pm

Dan wrote:Nope. I'm a googling machine.

This GIF is NOT relevant.

...or is it?!

You, my friend, are sorely mistaken. If I know two things that are always relevant on the internet, it's kittens and Shaquille O'Neal.

styg wrote:Hope it's okay if I jump in here, as I'm co-fedhead of an angle fed. An angle fed, at its core, is one where instead of winners being decided by the handlers writing matches or roleplays and then holding a vote, winners are directly decided by the staff.

If you have any more questions or if I explained something poorly, don't hesitate to ask. :)

Thank you so much for the answer! I do think I understand now. Mostly. So, there is absolutely no competition? Like, handlers don't move up the card/win matches based any kind of skill or decision of their own? Or is it based on how they played the storyline? Like, in your last example, does how well you wrote your segments over month effect the end result? Or does how active you are make a difference? Instead of a contest, it really is just a bunch of people working together to tell a good story? Cause, that's pretty interesting.

Jessi wrote:Hello! I'd be Jessi, Jess or even the single initial of J (whatever tickles your fancy). I run the characters of Austin Carter and Trevor Miller.

Drinks are to the left and the food is to the right, Hope you enjoy your stay!

Nice! Thanks, Friend. Also, your signature makes me laugh almost every time I see it.

RevolutionJones wrote:Don't worry, man, I usually go by Rev anyway. Welcome to the party!

Cool! Just read your Hardcore match in an Italian restaurant, and I loved it. Can't wait to challenge you for the title, eventually. Well, that is assuming you can back up your words at the award ceremony and aren't gonna drop it before I can get to you. ;)

DJS wrote:
I wasn't able to find a turn-based style, other than some "anime boobie-feds"(I didn't know those existed), but finally, I was able to find this place. So, I'm real excited about it.

Oh my God. I have to find anime boobie feds now. You're probably thinking "no, DJS. No you really don't", but you don't understand. I just have to see what that looks like. First one I find becomes canon to XWA. You heard it right here.

But yeah, I think (unless there's one hidden away that has wisely avoided the likes of Twitter and all that) that we're the last actual pure match-writing fed left at this point. The last one people know about anyway. I know turn-based match-writing still exists (we've been affiliated with PRW since we reopened in 2009 but to be honest I've not been there for a bit to see what's going on) but we're the only one. We're like Tigger.

Actually, the one I had found was pretty chill, I guess? They had a section for regular matches and a section for like... No joke, I think they called it a "hentai match." It had more people than I expected and I was just desperate enough for a match-writing fed that I ALMOST joined. Then I found this place, so I didn't have to.

EDIT: Wait a sec, I actually bet I can find... Hold up.
There ya go: http://law-rp.com/forum/index.php
I hope it isn't a no-no that I post that link. It was a surreal experience finding a legit serious "anime-boobie" fed(that's, apparently, what the efed reddit calls them).

CorbyLewis wrote:Hey dude.

As much as I'd like to jump in with a lengthy response, I think everyone covered everything.

I handle Corby Lewis. Welcome. I have been here for circa 2 months and really starting to enjoy it. I find that it takes a while reading through archives to get to know the guys look forward to working with you already.

See you around.

Sup, dude! Read your "Day in the Life of a Superhero" yesterday and it's a real intriguing concept. (I actually, may or may not, already have an idea for for planting the seeds of a feud with Corby, once my characters are finished and signed-up.)
Archer
Lord of the Ring Participant
Lord of the Ring Participant
Characters Handled: Blake Archer
El Conejo a Dos
El extraño guapo y Misterioso

Postby Archer » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:33 pm

Hey another AJ!
That make 3 of us? Hola! My name is AJ, but I am alternatively called Blake since that is the character I've handled the longest. I joined around a year ago here and been booked on off when I have the time. This place is very chill like that. :)
I hope you enjoy your stay!

Return to “Introductions”