XWA Handbook: Frequently Asked Questions

Helpful information on how to get started with your career in the XWA!
DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Social Media/GFX Handler

XWA Handbook: Frequently Asked Questions

Postby DJS » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:35 pm

So you're a new sign-up and you know we're a match-writing fed. From reading the other threads in this section (read them if you haven't already), you know relatively how we work. All is well!

And yet, you might still have some questions. We get this a lot, so to answer the questions we usually get we've put together an FAQ. If you have questions, refer to this post first.

How do I get booked?
We have an Opt-In thread in the XWA Roster section. Reply to that so that us bookers know that we can actually book you for the upcoming show. If you're on the Roll Call, that means you will be booked in a match. If not, you know how it is- some people sign up for feds then just don't do anything. Signing the Opt-In threads is what tells us you're not one of them and you're actually here to roleplay. As long as you're on the roll-call, you will be booked.

How SOON will I be booked?
If you join while a show is already taking place (most likely), you'll be added to the very next up-coming show.

Do I have to use the contract template in the Sign Your Contract secton?
No. That is designed to be the most basic of basic templates for people who might not have E-Fedded before. If you already have a more detailed one from another fed that you want to copy-paste over, then do so by all means.

What titles can I fight for?
We currently have the Supreme XWA Championship which is the main event title, we also have the Tag Team Championships. We have the Hardcore title under 24/7 rules (go to the Hardcore 24/7 section for more). Exclusive to Massacre, we have the XWA Television title, which is defended on every single show.

How can I find out who the current champions are?
Go to the "Title Histories" section and you'll be able to see all records.

What are your policies on No-Showing?
While we're laid back, we employ this Three Strikes-style rule:

First no-show: We give you the benefit of the doubt, because life gets in the way. We get it.
Second no-show: A word from one of the mods via Private Message.
Third no-show: You don't get a match on the next show.

That's three no-shows in a row and you get the boot from the active roster. We won't ban you. That's stupid. Why would we do that? Especially when we have this...

So I've no-showed three times and I want to get back on the active roster. Now what?
Well providing you've not left us by this point and you're active on the boards, PM our head booker and tell him that you would like to be booked on the next card. Then SHOW. It wastes your opponent's time more than your own if you no-show. Keep that in mind.

Who is the currently booking?
That would be our XWA Booking Team, which consists of Dragon Ace, Dysfunctional and Michael Swift.

I can't find my contract in the "Sign your Contract" section. Where is it?
Either one of three things:
- It's been moved to the In-active sub-board (usually after serial no-showing). You can get it moved back by posting in the "re-activated" thread in the inactive sub-board.
- You've deleted it, either by accident or on purpose. In the case of the latter, you shouldn't even need to ask this question to begin with. In any case, we can't recover it so you'll have to make a new one.
- I've been doing some tidying up and accidentally moved your profile somewhere else because I'm silly goose and I'm gonna go and fetch it.

I have a picbase that I want to use. How do I know if it's taken?
Go to our roster section and look up the "Pic-Bases" thread, which is packed full of taken pic-bases. If they're on the active or legends roster, you can't take them. If they're in the Alumni, go ahead and nick it. Make sure to post in there to tell us what your pic base is so we can add you to it as well.

Can I have more than one character?
Absolutely, if you feel you can handle the work-load.

Do I need to create different accounts for different characters?
You don't really need to BUT we do allow it.

I have a manager, where do I add their profile?
Add them to the thread for the person they are managing as a reply to your original post.

I want to run a feud with someone, can I do it?
Completely down to you. We give you complete creative control. We don't set up the feuds for you, we merely book according to where you're going with it. If you want to feud with someone, message said person and see what they think.

What is the card schedule?
Monthly OR Biweekly dependent on whether you sign up to the Supershow or the two Massacre episodes for that given month. The way it's scheduled will go like this:

WEEK ONE and TWO: The card is posted, and two weeks will then be allowed for you to write your match.
WEEK THREE: This entire week will be dedicated to voting for winners, in true XWA style, as a democratic vote by all members decides the winner of matches.
WEEK FOUR: Results will go up for the show, while OPT-IN threads for the next month are posted, allowing you to Opt-In for the next show. As a schedule will be posted, you will have a deadline to sign this.

As long as everyone works together, it'll run smoothly and we'll put on some cracking shows.

In addition, there is a biweekly card for Massacre. This is constant and all it requires for you to do is OPT-IN for that month of episodes.

Does the XWA have word limits?
Massacre features between 1000 and 5000 word limits for matches, not including commentary or entrances. The monthly super shows have no word limit.

Is there a criteria for voting on matches?
Not a specific one. Just be concise and clear and why you liked/disliked it. Give feedback that they can actually take away and work with for their next match. Think of your vote less as a vote and more as a review.

Where's Digg?
Wrong XWA. Also, I don't know.

Do you have a Twitter?
Yes! We have a strong presence on Twitter and you can follow us at http://www.twitter.com/XWA_BattleZone for VERY regular updates on the fed.

Hey, I've just signed up and I want to advertise my fed. Can I PM people and do it that way?
No. We will ban you if we catch you doing that, because that's underhanded and not how we do things here. Members are encouraged to let us know immediately if they get a PM like this.

How can we affiliate with the XWA, then?
You'll notice a little link to our affiliates section at the top. That's where you would go. PM DJS with the subject "Affiliation" and we'll talk.

If there is anything on here hasn't covered what you need to know, PM one of the admins and let us know.

DJS,
Admin
New to XWA? Need management? Look no further...

Return to “The XWA Handbook”