So you're a new sign-up and you know we're a match-writing fed. From reading the other threads in this section (read them if you haven't already), you know relatively how we work. All is well!
And yet, you might still have some questions. We get this a lot, so to answer the questions we usually get we've put together an FAQ. If you have questions, refer to this post first.
How do I get booked?
We have Opt-In threads in the XWA Zone section (though it'll appear as a global announcement, so you can always get to it). Reply to that so that us bookers know that we can actually book you for the upcoming show. If you're on the list, that means you will be booked in a match. If not, you know how it is- some people sign up for feds then just don't do anything. Signing the Opt-In threads is what tells us you're not one of them and you're actually here to roleplay. As long as you're on the roll-call, you will be booked.
How SOON will I be booked?
If you join while a show is already taking place, you'll be added to the very next up-coming show.
Do I have to use the contract template in the Sign Your Contract secton?
No. That is designed to be the most basic of basic templates for people who might not have E-Fedded before. If you already have a more detailed one from another fed that you want to copy-paste over, then do so by all means.
What titles can I fight for?
We currently have the Supreme XWA Championship which is the main event title, we also have the World Tag Team Championships. We have the Hardcore title under 24/7 rules (go to the Hardcore 24/7 section for more). Exclusive to Massacre, we have the XWA World Television title, which is defended on every single show.
How can I find out who the current champions are?
Go to the "Title Histories" section and you'll be able to see all records.
What are your policies on No-Showing?
While we're laid back, we employ this Three Strikes-style rule:
First no-show: We give you the benefit of the doubt, because life gets in the way. We get it.
Second no-show: A word from one of the mods via Private Message.
Third no-show: You don't get a match on the next show.
That's three no-shows in a row and you get the boot from the active roster. We won't ban you. That's stupid. Why would we do that? Especially when we have this...
So I've no-showed three times and I want to get back on the active roster. Now what?
Well providing you've not left us by this point and you're active on the boards, PM our head booker and tell him that you would like to be booked on the next card. Then SHOW. It wastes your opponent's time more than your own if you no-show. Keep that in mind.
Who is the currently booking?
That would be our XWA Booking Team. Michael Swift books Massacre and DJS books Supershows, so refer any queries about either show for their respective booker.
I can't find my contract in the "Roster" section. Where is it?
Either one of three things:
- It's been moved to the In-active sub-board (usually after serial no-showing). You can get it moved back by posting in the "re-activated" thread in the inactive sub-board.
- You've deleted it, either by accident or on purpose. In the case of the latter, you shouldn't even need to ask this question to begin with. In any case, we can't recover it so you'll have to make a new one.
- I've been doing some tidying up and accidentally moved your profile somewhere else because I'm silly goose and I'm gonna go and fetch it.
I have a picbase that I want to use. How do I know if it's taken?
Go to our roster section and look up the "Pic-Bases" thread, which is packed full of taken pic-bases. If they're on the active or legends roster, you can't take them. If they're in the Alumni, go ahead and nick it. Make sure to post in there to tell us what your pic base is so we can add you to it as well.
Can I have more than one character?
Do I need to create different accounts for different characters?
You don't really need to unless you want to do that BUT we do allow it so long as you don't use it to compromise voting.
I have a manager, where do I add their profile?
Add them to the the thread for the person they are managing as a reply to your original post.
I want to run a feud with someone, can I do it?
Completely down to you. We give you complete creative control. We don't set up the feuds for you, we merely book according to where you're going with it. If you want to feud with someone, message said person and see what they think.
My match has a word limit- what is counted as part of this?
Everything except commentary and entrances.
What is the card schedule?
Monthly OR Bi-weekly dependent on whether you sign up to the Supershow or the two Massacre episodes for that given month.
The way Supershows are scheduled goes like this:
WEEK ONE and TWO: The card is posted, and two weeks will then be allowed for you to write your match.
WEEK THREE: This entire week will be dedicated to voting for winners, in true XWA style, as a democratic vote by all members decides the winner of matches.
WEEK FOUR: Show segments and matches are archived, while OPT-IN threads for the next month are posted, allowing you to Opt-In for the next show. As a schedule will be posted, you will have a deadline to sign this.
As long as everyone works together, it'll run smoothly and we'll put on some cracking shows.
In addition, there is a bi-weekly card for Massacre. This is constant and all it requires for you to do is OPT-IN for that month of episodes.
Does the XWA have word limits?
Massacre features between 1000 and 5000 word limits for matches, not including commentary or entrances. The monthly Supershows have no word limit.
Is there a criteria for voting on matches?
Not a specific one. Just be concise and clear and why you liked/disliked it. Give feedback that they can actually take away and work with for their next match. Think of your vote less as a vote and more as a review.
We do have a voting template you can use if you need to.
Do you have a Twitter?
Yes! We have a VERY strong presence on Twitter and you can follow us at http://www.twitter.com/XWA_BattleZone for VERY regular updates on the fed.
Hey, I've just signed up and I want to advertise my fed. Can I PM people and do it that way?
No. We will ban you if we catch you doing that, because that's underhanded and not how we do things here. Members are encouraged to let us know immediately if they get a PM like this.
How can we affiliate with the XWA, then?
You'll notice a little link to our affiliates section at the top. That's where you would go. PM DJS with the subject "Affiliation" and we'll talk.
If there is anything on here hasn't covered what you need to know, PM one of the admins and let us know.
Helpful information on how to get started with your career in the XWA!
- Social Media/GFX Handler
- Posts: 6164
- Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:37 pm
- Location: Where the English people live.
- Characters Handled: Emery Layton
- Getting Started
- News & Announcements
- The XWA Handbook
- Sign your Contract
- Show Schedule
- XWA Massacre
- XWA Supershows (2018)
- XWA Massacre (2010-2015 Run)
- XWA on Pay Per View (2010-2015)
- XWA Supershows (2016)
- XWA Supershows (2017)
- Live on The Xperience
- I'm calling YOU out!
- Get in the ring!
- Content Feedback
- The Xperience Archive
- Archive: 2010
- Massacre: 2010 Episodes
- Lord of the Ring 2010 (PPV)
- Hardcore Halloween 2010 (PPV)
- Xmas Kaos 2010 (PPV)
- Archive: 2011
- Massacre: 2011 Episodes
- A Night of Appreciation for Mr. West (PPV)
- XWA Legends 2011 (PPV)
- XWA Intensity (Free Special)
- The Grand Prix (PPV)
- The Extra Spectacular Hutton Brown Extravaganza (PPV)
- Hardcore Halloween 2011 (PPV)
- Xmas Kaos 2011 (PPV)
- Archive: 2012
- Massacre: 2012 Episodes
- XWA Primetime (Special)
- XWA Evolution (PPV)
- XWA Legends 2012 (PPV)
- The Extra Spectacular Hutton Brown Extravaganza...Again (PPV)
- HardKore Halloween 2012 (PPV)
- Archive: 2013
- Massacre: 2013 Episodes
- Genesis: 2013 Episodes
- XWA Kaos (PPV)
- March To Legends (PPV)
- XWA Legends '13 (PPV)
- Lord of the Ring 2013 (PPV)
- Doomsday (PPV)
- Battle At The Garden (PPV)
- Xmas Kaos 2013 (PPV)
- Archive: 2014
- Massacre: 2014 Episodes
- Genesis: 2014 Episodes
- Whisper's War (PPV)
- XWA Legends In London (PPV)
- Revenge (PPV)
- XWA on a Pole (PPV)
- Hardcore Renaissance (PPV)
- Archive: 2015
- Massacre: 2015 Episodes
- Lord of the Ring 2015 (PPV)
- Pathway to Destiny (PPV)
- XWA Legends 2015 (PPV)
- Winner Takes All (PPV)
- Archive: 2016
- Massacre: 2016 Episodes
- Massacre #1: A New Beginning
- Massacre #2: A Television Champion Crowned
- Massacre #3: Long Live The (Latino) King
- Massacre #4: BattleZone Goes Fourth
- The XWA Lives
- The Good, the Bad and the XWA
- XWA: Once Upon a Time in Mexico
- XWA on a Pole
- XWA Lord of the Ring Part I: The Journey Begins!
- XWA Lord of the Ring Part II: The Finals!
- XWA: On Stranger Tides
- XWA '89
- XWA Face Off
- XWA Legends
- Archive: 2017
- Massacre: 2017 Episodes
- Massacre #5: New Years Resolutions
- Massacre #6: Last Day In The City
- Massacre #7: Dos Campos de Piratininga
- Massacre #8: XWA Ou Morte
- Massacre #9: Go Outback!
- Massacre #10: This House Is on Fire
- Massacre #11: Ocean Excursion
- Massacre #12: The Boat That Rocked
- Massacre #13: Road to The Lord of the Ring
- Massacre #14: Lord of the Ring Part I
- Massacre #15: Lord of the Ring Part II
- Massacre #16: Lord Of The Ring Part III
- Massacre #17: Kingdom Come
- Massacre #18: Don't Look Back In Anger
- Massacre #19: The Gods Must Be Crazy
- Massacre #20: Jewel of the Gods
- Massacre #21: The Road to Legends
- XWA: Untouchable
- Creature from the XWA!
- XWA: If You Want Blood
- XWA On A Boat
- XWA: BAKA GAIJIN!
- XWA: The Frozen North
- XWA: Fools' Gold
- District XWA
- XWA With A Vengeance
- XWA Legends
- Archive: 2018
- Massacre: 2018 Episodes
- Massacre #22: The Piledriver Award Ceremony
- Massacre #23: A Year To Remember
- Massacre #24: Gucci Gucci
- Massacre #25: #TTC2 Week One
- Massacre #26: #TTC2 Week Two
- Massacre #27: The #TTC2 Final!
- Massacre #28: First Month of Spring
- Massacre #29: A Semester's End
- Massacre #30: Beach Break!
- Massacre #31: #LOTR2018 Week One!
- Massacre #32: #LOTR2018 Week Two!
- Massacre #33: #LOTR2018 Week Three!
- Massacre #34: Back to the Basics
- Massacre #35: TBA
- Massacre #36: TBA
- Massacre #37: TBA
- Massacre #38: TBA
- Massacre #39: TBA
- Massacre #40: TBA
- XWA Homecoming
- XWA and the City of Island Hills
- XWA On A Pole
- XWA: No Mans Land
- Worlds Collide
- XWA Lord of the Ring: The Final
- XWA On A Boat
- XWA: Something, Something DEMONS!
- XWA Legends
- Old Results
- XWA Monthly Supershows
- XWA on Television
- XWA Massacre (TV)
- XWA Genesis (TV)
- XWA On PPV
- Abridged Results
- Hardcore 24/7!
- XWA Insider
- Beyond The BattleZone
- Legends: All Access!
- WrestleCon 2012
- "XWA Lounge" Archive
- The Eye of the Storm
- Pre-Shows and Conferences
- Unbound with Laura Stark
- Enhancement Talent
- XWA '89 Competitors
- Hall Of Fame Inductees
- Tag Teams and Factions
- Inactive Tag Teams and Factions
- Annual Piledriver Awards
- Previous Years
- Piledriver Awards 2011
- Piledriver Awards 2012
- Piledriver Awards 2013
- Piledriver Awards 2014
- Piledriver Awards 2015
- Piledriver Awards 2016
- Title Histories
- Past XWA Championships
- Discussion Zone
- XWA Zone
- Polling Booth
- View From The Top Rope
- Brand Warfare
- The Wrestling Prediction League
- No Holds Barred!
- Take it outside!
- Artist's corner
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest