XWA/IYH: Worlds Collide - OPT-IN and DISCUSSION Thread

Your first stop to discuss anything pertaining to XWA and current events in the fed.
DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Characters Handled: Emery Layton
Adam Fenric
Aki Yasuko
Amy Taylor

XWA/IYH: Worlds Collide - OPT-IN and DISCUSSION Thread

Postby DJS » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:08 am

*READ ALL OF THIS BEFORE YOU SIGN UP TO ANYTHING OR ASK ANY QUESTIONS"*

Right then, you lot!

So, if you've been paying attention to our Twitter, you may be thinking "cor, that #WorldsCollide tweet the other day was a bit weird, wasn't it?" And if you've read the results for IYHWF's latest Supershow "Ground N Pound", you may have noticed the same thing mentioned there. Well sir or madam, you deserve answers and I'm gonna give it to ya!

If you're unaware of IYHWF, they're an angle fed based in Australia that I've been at for the last year and a half, but also Minka, AJ and Snoopz have been there over that time, too. The fed occupies the same universe and it's run by good people so it's all good.

"Worlds Collide" will take place in mid-May or June (I've got May on the poster right now but that could change) and will be a cross-promotional Supershow between XWA and IYHWF, pitting our stars against theirs. Currently planned we've got the following:

- Worlds Collide Battle Royal: XWA and IYH stars involved, winner will face the main champ of their respective promotion on the same night in the main event. If they are a tag team wrestler, they can face the tag team champions of their respective promotion on the same night in the main event. We want this to be 30 people, ideally.

- Champion vs Champion: Dependent on the winner of the Rumble, there will either be Supreme XWA Champion vs IYH Champion OR XWA Tag Team Champs vs IYH Tag Team Champs

- Cross-Promotional Hardcore 24/7: The Hardcore Championship will be on the line for the entire night and both XWA and IYH stars will be able to fight over the title in various different situations. Think WrestleMania X8, but the title's in peril of being lost to another promotion at all times.

There will be more stuff added over time. We want it to have consequences and repurcussions that are felt across both feds so titles will be on the line, storylines will be intergrated, all that fun stuff.

Now then, here's a thing- It will be ANGLED, meaning staff will write it, but as with anything, you guys are free to submit segments and angles and ideas for it and sell it all on Social Media. Only difference is we would decide winners and write the matches. At the end of the day, the intention will be to make both our feds look good and we will all ensure there is NO bias. This is uncharted territory for us and the first time we've ever attempted anything like this, but we know the IYH guys very well and we trust them with that. If anything, this would be less work for you guys than any regular XWA show.

So this is essentially an OPT-IN and a Discussion thread so we can get an idea of numbers. If you want to be part of this, register your interest below. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask below. With us being a match-writing fed, I understand this'll maybe raise concerns but don't worry, no one is forcing you to be a part of it if you don't want to be. All I'll say is it'll be an absolutely epic show and some of the stuff being discussed right now sounds like it'll be amazing.

OPTED-IN
Adam Fenric
A.J. Morales
Austin Carter
Barudag
Blake Archer
Dontell Porter
Emery Layton
Jason Moama
Jerod Barnez
Levinator
Lil Rainbow Washington
The Lynx
Lx-Tim
Terrance Ainley
??? (Mystery Person)

I'll give you guys May 25th 2018 to opt-in for this. If you wanna be a part of it, say so below!
New to XWA? Need management? Look no further...
DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Characters Handled: Emery Layton
Adam Fenric
Aki Yasuko
Amy Taylor

Re: XWA/IYH: Worlds Collide - OPT-IN and DISCUSSION Thread

Postby DJS » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:11 am

Oh and as an aside I forgot to mention, this WON'T be replacing any Supershows or Massacre episodes of ours happening at the time, it'll be running alongside them!
New to XWA? Need management? Look no further...
Archer
Characters Handled: Blake Archer
El Conejo a Dos
El extraño guapo y Misterioso

Postby Archer » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:29 am

I'm sold, some interesting things could happen and I'd like to represent XWA. Put Blake Archer down wherever he will fit.
XxChronoTrigxX
Supreme XWA Champion
Supreme XWA Champion

Postby XxChronoTrigxX » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:03 am

I've never been a part of anything like this. So let me throw my hat to the ring. Lx-Tim is in it!

GiggityGopher
Characters Handled: Jerod Barnez
Joey Miles

Postby GiggityGopher » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:16 pm

Given that Miles has probably spent more time in IYH than he has in XWA, I think having him on XWA's side of this would be interesting, so count him in.
Dragon Ace
Characters Handled: Levinator
Ace Andrews
LJ Summers

Postby Dragon Ace » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:32 pm

An Australian based show?

It has to have the Australian Sensation in it. Levinator's going home!
Wulfspire
Characters Handled: Lance "Lancelot" Jackson

Postby Wulfspire » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:39 pm

If it is staff written, that means we won't have to do much, yeah? I ask because writing a battle royale of that size is extremely intimidating this early in my career, but not being involved sounds really disheartening! So, assuming I can just enjoy reading, I'd love to have Lance participate. Or, if its not nearly as scary as what I'm thinking, I'd still like to participate. Otherwise, I'll just enjoy seeing all the others.
Dan
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer
Characters Handled: Dan Bennett

Postby Dan » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:08 pm

My question is this: how are the winners going to be chosen? What is the basis for the winners chosen, like is it gonna be based on an RP?
AngelicaVaughn
XWA World Television Champion
XWA World Television Champion

Postby AngelicaVaughn » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:30 pm

In angled feds, winners are usually determined by the question: what's best for the story? In a good angled fed (in my opinion), the outcome is the one that serves the most purpose, which helps push the story/angle forward.
In other words, you have no real control yourself, other than that you gotta sell your match as best you can, as well as the results that follow. It's not exactly competitive. Which is why win/loss records matter less than the actual content of the results.

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Dan
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer
Characters Handled: Dan Bennett

Postby Dan » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:40 pm

Ah, thanks for that, Angelica.

Yeah, hard pass from me. Sorry.

Return to “XWA Zone”