Ladies and gentlemen, it's back! For the second year, we are running the Tag Team Classic, and this time it's personal!
What is the Tag Team Classic? Fairly straight-forward, really - eight teams compete in a single-elimination match-writing tournament over the course of three episodes of our bi-weekly show XWA Massacre through February and March. The winners of the tournament will then go on to challenge the current XWA Tag Team Champions at our Supershow in April, XWA: Beach Break!
All rounds WILL have word limits (but don't worry about that - word limits don't count entrances or commentary and we're VERY generous with it, and they'll increase as you go along) but as with any Supershow, the title match will have absolutely NO limit, if you get there. Also, obviously, we are accepting one AND two player teams. So if you wanna pal-up with a mate and co-write a match together OR you have a tag team of your own characters, it's all fair game.
If you're interested, here are your steps:
1. Sign this thread to say you're interested, telling us the name of your team and who the participants are. If you're a two player team, only one of you need do this.
2. If you are new, you'll need to create individual contracts for both characters in the team (this'll help your opponent for match-writing purposes and help you because they'll have done the same). There is a template to do that here. Once we've approved it, we'll move it to the Roster section. If it helps, you can use a profile from another fed you're in, as long as it's legible and has a reasonable amount of moves/info on the character. Post them in the Sign Your Contract section with the subject being the name of the character and the team they represent in brackets.*
3. Create a profile for the team it's self. There is a template for that here. Once again, post this in the Sign Your Contract section and we'll move it to Tag Teams and Factions.*
That's it! You're all set. Now, just sit back and let us take care of the booking and brackets and bits! As with anything, if you want to hype up your team with promos and get US invested in their story through this tournament, it's completely optional and you're more than welcome to do that in the I'm Calling YOU Out section, just make sure you make it obvious what show they're for! It's entirely up to you what you do from here in terms of hyping, build and all that stuff. And writing promos generally adds interest to your match, which may help when it comes down to voting!
*If you're already here or you've been here, you need not do this. If you've been here before and had a match, give us a nudge and we'll just fish it out the Alumni section and we'll move it. If you were a team here before, same thing, only we'll move your tag team out of the inactive section as well.
Here's the tournament schedule for your own future reference:
XWA Massacre #25 - Taped from the XWA BattleZone, Chicago, IL
Card Goes Up: 21st February 2018
Match Deadline: 2nd March 2018
Voting Deadline:: 7th March 2018
XWA Massacre #26 - Taped from the XWA BattleZone, Chicago, IL
Card Goes Up: 8th March 2018
Match Deadline: 17th March 2018
Voting Deadline:: 22nd March 2018
XWA Massacre #27 - Taped from the XWA BattleZone, Chicago, IL
Card Goes Up: 23rd March 2018
Match Deadline: 1st April 2018
Voting Deadline:: 6th April 2018
#TTC2 WINNERS VS. AMY JO SMYTH & JAKE ROGERS - TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
XWA: Beach Break!
Where: Miami Beach, Florida
Card Goes Up: 7th April 2018
Match Deadline: 21th April 2018
Voting Deadline: 28nd April 2018
Here is the current list of teams participating:
01. Lx-Tim & MYSTERY PARTNER
02. TRDF (Danny Hall & Trevor Miller)
03. Hyphy Machinery (Jason Moana & Dontell Porter)
04. Blake Archer & Luis Jacinto
05. The Fenrics (Adam & Isabella Fenric)
06. Levinator & MYSTERY PARTNER
[Last updated: 19/02/2018]
You have until 21ST FEBRUARY 2018 to sign up and secure your spot.
That's it! Good luck and have fun!
If you have literally any questions about anything, feel free to either refer to any of the guys on our Admin Team or you can even ask in this thread.