Made a realisation today.

Your first stop to discuss anything pertaining to XWA and current events in the fed.
DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Social Media/GFX Handler

Made a realisation today.

Postby DJS » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:54 pm

I've started measuring time according to XWA goings on.

Example being a conversation with a friend today. We were reminiscing about college and a certain event and he was trying to narrow down when it happened exactly, which I was only able to answer because it was the week Rated X took over the XWA. A couple of months ago when we were moving house, in order to sign the papers we had to provide the move-in date for the last addresses and the only reason I knew when that occurred was because that was the month I turned DJS face.

I say all this to say bloody hell I've been doing this longer than I thought. It's odd to me how this little thing where we pretend to be wrestlers has become such a big part of my life for so long and how despite things changing over the years this has been my constant. People come and go but Sabbath sits in my head every day in his self-important, grouchy way, poking my brain with new XWA things. It astounds me.
New to XWA? Need management? Look no further...
Dan
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Re: Made a realisation today.

Postby Dan » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:36 am

I wonder, then, if it's even harder to realize that it's been 3 going on 4 years since you and I main evented the best Legends show of all time?

I don't remember the timelines of happenings in XWA, honestly, but it's surreal how impactful it's been on my life. I was never, ever, EVER a creative writer; in fact, I detest writing. But to be able to write matches here that people enjoyed reading was so strange to me...at least, they said they enjoyed them :splayful:

But imagine this, DJS. At one point, I as Dan Bennett was the only guy on the roster that was in the original XWA, if even for just a moment. It was so painful to let the character retire at Legends but at the same time, it was such a release. No more expectations, no more returns, no more thinking I can write a match and running out of time. I love this, I really do, but letting Dan Bennett go was such a bittersweet moment for me that I was legit was cutting onions as I read how Shaw finished that match. At the same time, I just wanted to write more matches as Dan Bennett and interact with Sabbath more because, in my opinion, they are the two most developed and dynamic characters in XWA to say nothing of their longevity.

Return to “XWA Zone”