Not sure if I'm doing things the right way or not...

Your first stop to discuss anything pertaining to XWA and current events in the fed.
MacVillain

Not sure if I'm doing things the right way or not...

Postby MacVillain » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:22 am

...but if someone wants to point me in the right direction in case I AM heading the wrong way, that'd be rad.

I've posted a promo and a match so happy to hear if I did something wrong or some feedback on those in general :)

Thanks!
Dan
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Re: Not sure if I'm doing things the right way or not...

Postby Dan » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:39 am

For the matches, we wait till the deadline and then give votes with feedback for both/all competitors. As for the promo, I've had little time to do much so I'll give it a look over when I get home. I suggest others do the same, though. :sbiggrin:
MacVillain

Postby MacVillain » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:50 am

No worries, Dan.

Just trying to figure out if I'm doing things like I'm supposed to or I've missed doing something I should have (as well as see if I'm on the right track content wise).

:D
Legendary
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby Legendary » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:53 pm

your promo was pretty good but a tad hokey in some respects. I'm not sure exactly what you're going for yet but try to think ahead in terms of long-term perception.

As far as your match, a little word of advice when starting out: more is better. While matches can get too long you probably aren't sure exactly what that is for you yet. Once you get comfortable with the character nuances you can whittle down to choice spots and get over psychology that way, but before that it would be in your best interest to do a little extra just to see what sticks.

God wrote:I lost a contact. Nobody move.

Proud member of the S.D.F.C.
MacVillain

Postby MacVillain » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:48 am

Thanks for your feedback, Legendary.

I'm going for the heel hitman for hire kinda deal and I thought I got it across but I'll work harder at it. :) I don't know what hokey means though. :/

As for the match, appreciate that. I thought there was a word limit that I might not have seen somewhere and next time I'll just let loose :) Thanks for giving me some stuff to work with.

Return to “XWA Zone”