AskAMod

Your first stop to discuss anything pertaining to XWA and current events in the fed.
Canadian
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Re: AskAMod

Postby Canadian » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:58 am

International Massacre is headed to Vietnam Manitoba in 2014. You heard it here first.

Edit: I'm trying to delete this. My bad.
Last edited by Canadian on Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

It'd be a nice little oddity if one day he somehow won the world title- Diamond Jack Sabbath
You gotta admit, JJJ turning heel out of nowhere would be the rage of rages.- Drake Dysfunction
TheNexin

Postby TheNexin » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:59 am

Um, wrong thread. You should probably post that in card feedback.
Canadian
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby Canadian » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:25 am

Did the deadline for the card just pass? Or is the extension good till the following midnight?

It'd be a nice little oddity if one day he somehow won the world title- Diamond Jack Sabbath
You gotta admit, JJJ turning heel out of nowhere would be the rage of rages.- Drake Dysfunction
Dragon Ace
Lord of the Ring Participant
Lord of the Ring Participant
Characters Handled: Levinator
Ace Andrews
LJ Summers

Postby Dragon Ace » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:39 am

You've got 3.5 Hours.
Barudag
Characters Handled: Barudag Molamer

Postby Barudag » Thu May 03, 2018 3:44 pm

I'm current working on a new character and I want to use this pic base:

Please let me know if I need to change it or if I can run with it. I've use other animated characters in the past, but none like this.
RevolutionJones
XWA Hardcore Champion
XWA Hardcore Champion
Characters Handled: A.J. Morales
Hyphy Machinery (Dontell Porter & Jason Moana)

Postby RevolutionJones » Thu May 03, 2018 9:09 pm

Barudag wrote:I'm current working on a new character and I want to use this pic base:

Please let me know if I need to change it or if I can run with it. I've use other animated characters in the past, but none like this.

Oh, hey, this seems like a useful thread! I'm kinda surprised this is the first time someone's used it in five years. (Don't worry, though, you're not being a thread necromancer. It's been stickied for this long. Somebody had to post here eventually.)

As for your question...we're not opposed to animated picbases on principle, especially if they fit the gimmick. When you played as Amethyst and used Rain from Mortal Kombat, that was fine. But from what my reverse-image search tells me, this is just a random NPC.

If you can find or make pictures of this character doing a few different things, then go for it. But if this one picture of him standing around neutrally is all you have of him, then I would advise finding a different picbase with a similar look and feel and using that instead because, regardless of where your picbase comes from, only having one picture you can ever use of them for your character can be really limiting.
Barudag

Postby Barudag » Thu May 03, 2018 9:34 pm

RevolutionJones wrote:
Barudag wrote:I'm current working on a new character and I want to use this pic base:

Oh, hey, this seems like a useful thread! I'm kinda surprised this is the first time someone's used it in five years. (Don't worry, though, you're not being a thread necromancer. It's been stickied for this long. Somebody had to post here eventually.)

As for your question...we're not opposed to animated picbases on principle, especially if they fit the gimmick. When you played as Amethyst and used Rain from Mortal Kombat, that was fine. But from what my reverse-image search tells me, this is just a random NPC.

If you can find or make pictures of this character doing a few different things, then go for it. But if this one picture of him standing around neutrally is all you have of him, then I would advise finding a different picbase with a similar look and feel and using that instead because, regardless of where your picbase comes from, only having one picture you can ever use of them for your character can be really limiting.

So if I made him "in game" and took a couple of pics of him, I can use him?
DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Characters Handled: Emery Layton
Adam Fenric

Postby DJS » Thu May 03, 2018 10:29 pm

Sure but spare a thought for the GFX guy (whoever THAT is) who has to shove it in GIMP and make something out of it!
New to XWA? Need management? Look no further...
Barudag

Postby Barudag » Fri May 04, 2018 5:13 am

I'll try to keep it as simple as I can.
Barudag

Postby Barudag » Fri May 04, 2018 5:08 pm

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get good screen shots of my character "in game" so I had to go with my back-up.

Return to “XWA Zone”