Thank you, Adam

Your first stop to discuss anything pertaining to XWA and current events in the fed.
AngelicaVaughn
XWA World Television Champion
XWA World Television Champion

Thank you, Adam

Postby AngelicaVaughn » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:34 pm

Some people have done this on the twitters, but I'm not big on the whole OOC thing, so I want to say this here.

Adam was the whole reason I joined XWA in the first place, and it was all by observing him from afar without ever actually speaking to him. His enthusiasm, his hard work, his ability to light a fire under one's ass and trying to bring the best out in people was incredibly inspiring. I haven't regretted a second of my time here as a result and while writing matches competitively is HARD, and often EXHAUSTING, it is incredibly satisfying. Without you, I probably wouldn't have known. Many props for always being a true professional and keeping XWA more drama-free than almost any other fed I've ever been a part of.

While I'll miss having you around as much as we have, I wish you the very best of luck in your future (wrestling or otherwise) endeavours. And I hope we can all continue to carry a rich tradition that you helped build. Long may it continue.

:emface
Vespertine
Characters Handled: Vespertine

Re: Thank you, Adam

Postby Vespertine » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:37 pm

I'll second that.
You will feel death... by... Diva

Opponents Defeated
- Richard Head
- Lynx
- "Gokuda" Kaida Kagome, Matriarch of Clan Kagome

DJS
Site Admin

Postby DJS » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:59 pm

Man, no, thank YOU. That sounds dead cliche to say, but I mean it.

If people didn't come here, didn't feel like doing this and honestly didn't want this place to be around, I wouldn't bother. Its not my enthusiasm, it's yours that's kept me doing this. I've always tried to make it a good environment. I find competitive environments can sometimes lead to things being a bit tense between people and I've tried to promote this place as somewhere where that doesn't happen and I feel we've got the best handlers here as a result. Not that I'm competing, I just feel like that's the case cos this is XWA and I'm biased!

As I said on Twitter, I've always tried to make it fun for you guys so I hope I've done that. A lot has changed since I picked up the reigns here and even since I started fedding as a whole so I've tried to keep up with the times and keep us relevant even now, during a time where angle feds are the big thing and everyone flocks to a certain type of fedding that isn't ours. It can be difficult to get people for a match-writing fed, I think we're the only one left, cos I feel like it's a reeeeal niche in this day and age, so I'm grateful for each and every person who's come in here and written a match be it for a single show, a few shows or many years, cos you're such a creative bunch and love the lot of ya.

While I won't be actively putting any of the shows together or participating, I'll be coming back onto the site every so often- we're in the process of transferring the ownership from Angelus to myself so I'll have to!- and when I get some spare time, I will be sitting down and getting caught up on where things are up to and reading all your stuff so I look forward to being on the other side of things and seeing what you come up with.

I won't write any more cos I could literally write for so long that by the time you stopped reading, robots would rule the earth and everything would be made of chrome. I don't want that yet (unless I can get a robot dog), so I'll end it here. Thank you everyone for being a part of what's been my creative outlet for so many years.
Need catching up on the current Runaways/Final story arc going into Legends? Look here!
cooltubesource
XWA Hardcore Champion
XWA Hardcore Champion

Postby cooltubesource » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:17 pm

Might as well say this here:

I was VERY negative about match-writing being a viable option for this game, and had many arguments with Angie that basically went like this:

MATCH WRITING ISN'T EFEDDING! CUTTING PROMOS IS!

QUIT BEING A "BACK IN MY DAY" BITCH!

I gave this a try with Ang and have had a BLAST thus far. I have written plenty of matches but this is TOTALLY different and is a VERY rewarding challenge. BIG props to Adam for making this thing a #Thing for so long and giving even old curmudgeons like me a place to try something new. AND for doing what we are all afraid of doing and actually getting in the ring IRL :lol:
styg
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer
Characters Handled: Yo mama
Also your da

Postby styg » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:27 pm

I've honestly never known another fedhead as dedicated as Adam. XWA was already a good fed, but under his stewardship, it became an all time great fed. He's one of the best writers in XWA's history to boot, and a fine creative mind. Some of the most enjoyable moments I've had in fedding in the last few years have come from collaborating with him on storylines.

Just don't forget us little people when you're WWE Champion, Adam!
19W|5D|6L
Hardcore Champion x3 | Gladiatorial Champion | World Heavyweight Champion | first Supreme Champion
Breaker of The Streak
@sugarhardy
Vespertine
Characters Handled: Vespertine

Postby Vespertine » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:14 am

Sorry just wanted to add more than 2 cents in and agree with cooltube. That's my thing too. I have been doing years and years of promos efedding. And was in one angle based and started while in college and at that time, was mad at the world, so took it personally whenever I lost because I was competitive then and didn't like losing, right. Over time I grew as a writer, I grew as a fedder, I grew as a promoist but also developed my skill of match writing. But my temper lessened as I grew older and losing doesn't mean as much now as it did back then and you can always get up and try again. Adam wasn't the one who brought me into this fed. I joined it myself, my first match writing based fed I have ever been in. But Adam and a few others like Angie and Albion, Kaida, Dan are the ones I look to for trying my hand at match writing and trying to become the best. I have never been in a match writing fed before but after joining here I don't think I'll ever go back to promo based. Yes you guys are hard because you are all magnificent writers but it it so much easier to play here and start SLs over promo based or angle based feds. But as for Adam, he's got so many characters, so many storylines one wonders how he keeps them all separate but in that, whenever I read his work, I'm like "damn. Just brilliant. Why didn't I think of that." He also has helped me a few times in my match writing here trying to keep it real and try to help me figure out what wouuld work in real life as opposed to on the paper. That is what I'll probably miss you most for Adam because I need help like that and hope you'll be around to answer questions like that not only from me but for anybody new who joins up.
You will feel death... by... Diva

Opponents Defeated
- Richard Head
- Lynx
- "Gokuda" Kaida Kagome, Matriarch of Clan Kagome

Rob Chapman
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer
Characters Handled: Rob Chapman, Ethan Cross, Jace Albright

Postby Rob Chapman » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:51 am

I haven't been able to think of all the words I'd like to put this in so instead of going on a long tangent about how much I appreciate you, everything you've done for this community (especially making e fedding feel like a community again after how fractured I thought things were before I found this place), and everything you've done to help me personally as a fedder (letting me turn my character's loss to DJS into a storyline win by having him hit the Crown Kick on DJS himself, and furthermore letting me use it as a finish for like a year) and even some stuff outside (inspiring me to continue my workouts when I found out you were training to do this for real... even if I threw myself off the wagon like I was aiming at a target four months later).

Instead, I'll simply mirror the sentiment of the thread title, and say...

Thank you, Adam. Thank you for everything over the last few years. Thank you for being both so dedicated and welcoming as a fedhead, for finishing an amazing story on your way out, and for continuing to foster this community for so long. I understand you can't hold onto the reigns any longer with training and so many other opportunities coming your way, so thank you for holding onto them as long as you could and for helping to make XWA the haven it is.

:emface
ImageImageImage

Rob Chapman
Win/Loss Record (2005 - 2018) | 74 - 48 - 2
Win/Loss Record (Current Run) | 2 - 2 - 0

Ethan Cross
Win/Loss Record (Current Run) | 0 - 3 - 0

Jace Albright
Win/Loss Record (Current Run) | 1 - 3 - 0

Return to “XWA Zone”