The Official Card Feedback Thread Part 2

Your first stop to discuss anything pertaining to XWA and current events in the fed.
Dan
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer
Characters Handled: Dan Bennett

Re: The Official Card Feedback Thread Part 2

Postby Dan » Mon May 28, 2018 8:07 pm

Michael Swift wrote:It was discussed, but i passed out before putting. There is though, putting it up now

I'm not on the card so it doesn't pertain to me, I just noticed that only 2 matches had been posted.
DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Characters Handled: Emery Layton
Adam Fenric
Aki Yasuko
Amy Taylor

Postby DJS » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:02 am

Match threads will go up tomorrow. It's 1AM, I should be in bed so that's where I'm going.

Also, I'll send a PM to LOTR people about an idea I've had as well a quick FAQ
New to XWA? Need management? Look no further...
Storey

Postby Storey » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:49 pm

Going to suggest an extension for LOTR, I wasn't even aware the matches were up :/

Dan
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby Dan » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:27 pm

Yeah Ima definitely need an extension. It's been super hectic for me the last week or so.
JakeRogers

Postby JakeRogers » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:59 pm

I could also do with one, tbh. It's so busy at work that often I just come home and... well, sleep. =/ I'm working on stuff right now, but no guarantees I can get everything done.
Dan
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby Dan » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:13 pm

An extension was announced.

In other news, I just un-shat myself and am gonna do my best to get my match done.
Myke

Postby Myke » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:27 am

In regards to Massacre #32, I already voiced my complaints in that topic. However, apparently that makes too much sense and I have to do it here. So:

I asked "Why'd I get a jobber match?"

RevolutionJones said "Probably because there aren't that many people signed up for non-LOTR matches at the moment."

GiggityGopher said "My question is why is Ace Andrews in a LotR match, which mentions him winning his round 1 match, when that was a double no-show? I assume Ace told somebody he would post his match late, although it's a bit weird that he'd be allowed to take the win in a tournament match by posting something so late that it goes up after the next card is even up. Unless I missed something. Shade could've faced Andrews if he was gonna be on this card."

I replied to RevolutionJones with "Be that as it may, if I wanted a Jobber match I would have requested one. If there's nobody to fight for whatever reason, one shouldn't randomly be thrown into a Jobber match. I can write one for what exactly? I doubt it'll get any actual critique. Therefore it doesn't help me. Perhaps I'll no-show it to get a random handout on the next card."

Dan came on board with "Guys, this is not the appropriate place to air your grievances. If you want to discuss the card, the card feedback thread is here..." and linked it here.

So here we are. I'm posting everything in case somebody decides to randomly delete what was already said in that topic.

My points still stand. Additionally, last I checked, it's "Jobberton" and I was referred to as "SShade". Is Shade a Nazi now? I was told this place was professional, yet random no-show handouts, random jobber matches without permission therefore serving zero purpose unless a feedback on said jobber match is mandatory, oh and no match topics posted kind of say otherwise.
Michael Swift
Booking Team Member
Booking Team Member

Postby Michael Swift » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:18 pm

So, this is going to be a little scattered, but there are a bunch of things to discuss and not necessarily an exact order to how my minds wishes to think about it.

But first things first, welcome to the XWA, I am Swift, one of the booking team members.

So here we are. I'm posting everything in case somebody decides to randomly delete what was already said in that topic.

Thank you for this, makes it easier on me. It has to do with organization, and to prevent confusion in the future, I will return to locking the card posts. While I am on the topic of thanking you...

Additionally, last I checked, it's "Jobberton" and I was referred to as "SShade".

Thank you for pointing my mistakes out, they are fixed. I am not on my usual computer due to visiting family, so a lot of the stuff I use to help me proofread isn't available to me and it has honestly never been my strongest point even with technology. I am always appreciative of people pointing out my mistakes so I can fix them.

Now, onto the core of your grievance...

Why'd I get a jobber match?

So, there are a couple of reasons, one of which you correctly deduced, I do tend to send new members against a jobber for their first match unless there is a double debut. It does a number of things, as while I've slowed down on voting and critiquing, I do read and mentally evaluate every match. Another reason was brought up by AJ, being the amount of available people and I don't like to assume that people out of the tournament want to contribute more matches as a lot of people in the tournament are guests. However, another reasons ties into the next point brought up...

My question is why is Ace Andrews in a LotR match, which mentions him winning his round 1 match, when that was a double no-show?

As a booker and person, I am pretty big on transparency, especially when people ask a question. What this comes down to is a miscommunication between me and other members of the team. In trying to keep members of the team informed with what I was doing, some wires got crossed, some things got put up that I wasn't expecting, and rather than bother someone on their break for actual fed work, I decided to roll with the punches and work with what I was given. It happens, and I understand your frustration. If you would like me to promise a critique on your match I can promise that, and I can promise to do a better job of getting a flesh and blood person for the next one.
Myke

Postby Myke » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:19 pm

Let me start off by apologizing. My whole mindset was that I was told by multiple sources that this place had a professional demeanour about it. And being new, from what I saw listed, it didn't seem like that.

However, you proved me wrong. I'm glad you did. You have reasoning behind the Jobber match besides the whole "There was nobody to face". The Ace Andrews thing wasn't part of my complaints per se, I was following up with that Justin (Gopher) had said. If there was no reason to give him another chance, then yeah I should be fighting him. If there is a reason, which you made it seem like there is, then fine.

You handled it professionally. I thank you for that and I apologize for my behavior. I'm glad you proved me wrong with how this place is. Because again, coming as a new person and being told highly of it, it didn't come off that way originally.

I will do the match after all. And I would like critique for it, please.
DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Characters Handled: Emery Layton
Adam Fenric
Aki Yasuko
Amy Taylor

Postby DJS » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:31 pm

I've not got much to add (I've not really been involved other than the fact Ace told me he was posting after I nudged him but as someone who doesn't book Massacre, I couldn't do anything other than pass the info on- legit, the only thing I've done for this year's LOTR is Twitter and the brackets, literally no other involvement) other than that I will endeavour myself to give you critique and feedback on your match.

And an aside for everyone else, please do not leave it solely to ME to give feedback. Ideally, I would like to see some there already by the time I get to reading it, don't make me post one of those 'I really wish this had more feedback/votes' posts I have to do on occasion. No one improves or progresses if no one says what's working/isn't working. Think how you'd feel if you spent all your time writing something, putting your time and effort into it, and no one could be arsed with it.

We're different to other places- we encourage feedback, we give you a voice, we give you the wheel, we're community-lead, we even let you work your own angles and book towards what YOU are doing. Take advantage of it, people.
New to XWA? Need management? Look no further...

Return to “XWA Zone”