XWA Massacre #59 (Online Exclusive): "Soul Searching"

Who will walk out tag team champions, The JnM Club or Caleb Spires & Razor Xtreme? Also, Machado challenges for the World Television Championship.
DaveyBoy
Characters Handled: David Michaels

XWA Massacre #59 (Online Exclusive): "Soul Searching"

Postby DaveyBoy » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:13 am

”Soul Searching”
Massacre #59 | In the backstage/parking lot area | Not long after the show goes off the air
written by DaveyBoy32

----------

Moments after XWA Massacre #59 goes off of the air, fans watching at home who immediately went to the website are treated to an unexpected exclusive video from the show. The clip is only a few minutes long.

It starts off by showing David Michaels getting pinned by Caleb Spires, meaning Caleb and Razor are the new XWA Tag Team Champions, but that isn’t the focal point of this video. The shot then re-shows the winning pinfall, but puts an emphasis on JHalc attempting to break it up. As he is seen getting up and sliding into the ring, he was suspiciously slower than usual at doing so, despite it being at the tail end of a long and grueling encounter. After the fall was made, The JnM Club rolled quickly out of the ring and the cameras didn’t show either of the men, focusing on Caleb and Razor being the victors, which is what you would expect as a viewer.

The shot then goes to the backstage area, where we see large ambulance lights flashing and just a general scene of chaos. Laura Stark walks into the scene, microphone in hand.

| Laura Stark
”I am here trying to see exactly what is going on backstage. Massacre just went off the air not ten minutes ago and it appears as though a member of the XWA Roster is being placed on a stretcher here...wait a minute...”

As Laura gets closer to the scene, we get a clearer picture of a huddle of men and women, consisting of XWA referees, backstage officials, the XWA doctor and even XWA Owner Dean Richardson looking very concerned. A lot of noise is happening as one individual particular appears to be making more of a fuss than the person being placed on the stretcher. The camera pan walks around and Laura gets right in there. She firstly talks to Dean.

| Laura Stark
”Dean! Dean! What’s going on?”

| Dean Richardson
”...what? Oh, Laura! Honestly Laura, I don’t exactly know. I was just sitting in my office and heard a huge gaggle of people coming rushing by. So I come out, following them to the parking lot here and see one of my talents being loaded onto a stretcher.”

| Laura Stark
”...wait! Is that...JHalc?!”

| Dean Richardson
”Unfortunately, yes, that is indeed JHalc.”

Laura then notices another man near the huddle, the man that was causing a lot of chaos not moments ago, now just stood back several feet looking the most dejected he has ever looked in his professional wrestling career. That man, unfortunately, is JHalc’s partner….David Michaels.

Laura turns her mic towards David, who has his hands held behind his head, looking on at the medical team, who are showing great concern for JHalc’s right leg. Laura decides to take a cautious approach, as she knows she is impeaching on a rather delicate moment.

| Laura Stark
”...David...are you...OK? What exactly happened here?”

Initially David completely ignores the question, not because he is deciding to be an ass about it, but because he simply didn’t properly hear/notice Laura. He continues to look forward at his partner clearly in masses of agony, before shaking his head ever so slowly. He then pulls his sweat soaked hair to the back of his head and places each of his hands on his hips, before looking to his right and noticing Laura is there waiting for a reply.

| David Michaels
”...oh, sorry. What was that, Laura?”

...David replies at an almost whispered level. Even Laura’s face looks super worried, as usually David is the first to either crack a joke, put on a comedic act or just get flat out mad. Not this time.

Laura’s voice level is now rather low, matching that of David’s.

| Laura Stark
”Sorry, David. I was just asking what exactly happened here? Is JHalc alright?”

| David Michaels
”I...errr...I dunno’, man. I’m so confused right now. So much just happened in a short space of time, I can’t even process all this. I just lost...we...just lost...then JHalc...his knee...Goddammit’, man...”

David then turns away, not even able to construct a full sentence together, as he is clearly very emotional about everything that has happened over the last few minutes. Laura then moves her mic back towards Dean, who walks into shot and attempts to explain everything, as he can clearly see one of his talents is an emotional wreck right now.

| Dean Richardson
”From what our head Doctor we have here at XWA events just told me, JHalc has suffered an injury to his right leg during some point in the Tag Title Match. They don’t know what exactly, but they believe he has torn something in there and JHalc is in extreme pain.”

| Laura Stark
”...how long is he going to be out?”

| Dean Richardson
”Right now, they can’t put a number on it, so indefinitely. David...David! Are you OK, man?”

David has since left the shot and is several feet away, firstly bent over like he has stomach cramps and then leans on a nearby wall, face towards it. He lightly thumps the concrete blocks, as Dean walks over to console him. The cameraman gets a shot of JHalc laying on the stretcher in serious pain, still clutching his right knee, as the medical team lifts the stretcher into the back of the ambulance. XWA’s doctor helps to shut the doors and the ambulance driver makes his way to the front of the vehicle, as the doctor gives the back of the ambulance a few taps to indicate everything is ready. The sirens then blast off, as the cameraman begins to walk forwards getting a sad image of the ambulance, with JHalc in it, being driven away to the nearest hospital.

The cameraman turns back around and sees Dean consoling David, who hasn’t moved from his leaning-on-the-wall position. Laura is slow to get closer, but eventually does, so she can pick up what they are saying.

| Dean Richardson
”...the doc said he doesn’t know how long it will be. Look, do you want me to drive you to the hospital?”

| David Michaels
”...man, this sucks. THIS. SUCKS. Every-damn time, man.”

| Dean Richardson
”Look, it sucks now, but eventually he will be back and you can pick up right where you left off.”

| David Michaels
”I don’t care about months down the line. Every damn time this happens. I get a partner, always a top level one, and I get the chance to make waves in the federation. Yeah, before I managed to win tag gold before my partner disappeared or got injured….but holy shit, this time someone really didn’t want this to happen from the get go. I’m sick of it...”

| Dean Richardson
”David, it’s not the end of the world. JHalc will be back and you two can e---”

David’s tone goes a step higher, as he finally stands back upright and faces Dean.

| David Michaels
”Knock it off, would ya’? I don’t need to hear all that crap. I just said I don’t care about months down the line, man, I’m in the middle of a comeback to wrestling and I’ve scored more losses than I did in entire runs prior! I aimed to win the tourney. Failed. I aimed to make a statement against the current Supreme Champion. FAILED. I looked to give Caleb Spires another loss. Guess what? I JUST FAILED THAT TOO. And in the process I aimed to win the tag titles with my best mate….oh..oh, FAILED! THIS. ALL. SUCKS. FUCK 2020 AND FUCK YOU!”

Dean is taken aback, not sure what to say for a second, as this is the first time he’s ever known David to actually say the F-word! He knows he is serious. David begins to walk off down the hallway, but Dean grabs him by the arm, as he doesn’t want David going away in this frame of mind.

| Dean Richardson
”OK, OK, I get it...it hasn’t gone how you planned, but you’ve set very high standards for yourself throughout your career. You’re still a newcomer to this place and I’ve just taken the reins. Things can go much better, you’re just not thinking straight. We’ve got a big Supershow coming up next.”

David looks at the arm Dean is holding and then looks back at him. Amidst all the chaos running though his mind, David can see Dean is actually trying to help him here. He clearly isn’t a Bella Quinn or...some other people from his past. He hears him out.

| David Michaels
”Don’t worry, I’m not walking away. I’ll show up for the Supershow and I’m gonna’ kick Caleb’s cocky ass harder than I ever have before.”

| Dean Richardson
”I’m glad to hear it...but what about JnM Club?”

| David Michaels
”It’s done. My partner just got driven off in an ambulance, for crying out loud! Clearly I need to do some soul searching. I keep depending on people that maybe I shouldn’t and there has only ever been a few people in my entire life that I could one hundred percent trust...and maybe I need to rekindle those bonds that I foolishly neglected.”

| Dean Richardson
”...what do you mean by that?”

Dean lets go of David’s arm, not sure what he is even referring to. David takes a deep breath and pulls one of his wrist pieces off his arm. He looks back at Dean, seeing he is half interested and half worried. David decides to ease his thoughts.

| David Michaels
”Don’t worry, I’m not returning THAT group, if that’s what you’re worried about. You’ll see. Now, if you would be so kind, I need some time to think about how hard I’m going to take this out on Mr. Spires. Appreciate your concern, but I don’t need it. Bout’ time I stole the show on my own for once.”

| Dean Richardson
”Alright man, you do you. Call me if you need to talk it over.”

David, secretly surprised that someone of authority actually gives a damn about how he is feeling, simply nods his head and turns away and walks off down the parking lot, opening a door back into the building towards the locker room area. Dean can be seen looking concerned more than he probably has done in his short, so far, reign here in the XWA.

The shot then fades out and the video ends.

---------