Ch-ch-ch-changes!

XWA show and site updates from staff can be found here!
DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Characters Handled: Emery Layton
Adam Fenric
Aki Yasuko

Ch-ch-ch-changes!

Postby DJS » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:16 am

Hey guys,

General update, really, just so you all know where we're up to.

First off, thanks to everyone who's made 2017 what it was. I say 'that was the best year' every year really, but that was THE best year. From the Tag Team Classic to the LOTR tournament in Summer to the brilliant new people we've seen come in and even some members coming back and just completely rocking it...all brilliant stuff. If you were involved in any way, genuinely, just thank you.

So, first of all, there's a thread in XWA Zone about suggestions for 2018, go check that out and drop in a few thoughts if you have any. We'd love to hear from you on that so after you've got through this, go for it (I WILL say...we ARE doing XWA On A Pole again this year. I've already got that marked down on the work-in-progress schedule).

Next, you'll notice a few GFX changes and stuff over the next few weeks, but not immediately. I need to work on them AND I'd quite like a week to just breathe before I get right back on it. Plus, it's Crimbo, innit? Or Christmas. And Kwanzaa, too! So yeah, give me some time before I get to that.

Piledriver Award nomination threads will go up this week at some point. Hoping we can get them done and dusted by that first Massacre episode in January so we can present the in-character ones like last year.

You may have noticed Jester getting promoted. Well, funny thing, that. We've had a bit of a chat and decided Wrestling Chat will soon change soon to a new section called View From The Top Rope, named after Jester's brilliant podcast that he's been posting here since he began it. This section will be dedicated to not only the podcast it's self but will also be the general wrestling discussion board (as it always has been), and listeners OF VFTTR will be welcome to sign up to the boards and use that section as well. So yeah, a place to talk about the goings-on in wrestling AND things brought up/discussed on the podcast.

Hardcore 24/7 is still active even though there's no shows this month. Just a general warning. 24/7 waits for NO man!

That's it, really! If I think of anything else, I'll scramble back to this post and go 'oh I almost forgot' and add it on, but for now, we're good. Fun times ahead, guys!

Thanks for reading!
DJS
New to XWA? Need management? Look no further...
DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Characters Handled: Emery Layton
Adam Fenric
Aki Yasuko

Re: Ch-ch-ch-changes!

Postby DJS » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:49 am

Hello!

In an effort to make XWA easier to navigate, expect some section moves/changes/merges over the next few days or so!
New to XWA? Need management? Look no further...

Return to “News & Announcements”