Deadline Dates

Vote for your favorite matches, the best role players, the greatest shows and any other XWA related goodies here!

When is the best deadline day for you?

Monday
30%
Tuesday
10%
Wednesday
No votes
Thursday
No votes
Friday
No votes
Saturday
10%
Sunday
50%

Total votes: 10
Trace
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Deadline Dates

Postby Trace » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:13 am

So I was talking to Smith Jones the other day and he brought it to my attention that Monday isn't a particularly good deadline day for him personally and pointed out why it might not be for others either. So that got me thinking that maybe changing the day of the deadline might cut off some of the no-shows we've been having lately and I figured I'd put it out there so everyone can give their opinion.

I'm also not beyond extending the number of writing days if that works for people, I'm looking at making this the first step in revamping the way I work behind the scenes and will consider any and all ideas people have.
Novak84

Re: Deadline Dates

Postby Novak84 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:03 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but the system is currently:

Card Saturday, deadline a week later on Monday, voting ends Friday, reapeat cycle till end of days.

This worked better for me when it started until I had my medical problems.

It gives you a week to do the writing.

But then I don't mind if other people feel they need it to change. It has to work for the majority not the minority. :ssmile:

Head of

THE STREAK
3-0
Maddog, Joe Delonge, Blake Jones

IT'S NOT SAD TO BE MAD.
Trace
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby Trace » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:12 pm

Actually it's currently card Sunday, deadline a week Monday, voting deadline Thursday.
Novak84

Postby Novak84 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:15 pm

Trace wrote:Actually it's currently card Sunday, deadline a week Monday, voting deadline Thursday.

Yeah, I i knew what I meant. Lol.

Head of

THE STREAK
3-0

IT'S NOT SAD TO BE MAD.
DGX
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby DGX » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:23 pm

On this particular deadline set it works for me generally because like, we have a week to write a match which to me is ample time. However if we work during the week and/or have school sometimes upon getting home ain't nobody got time to crack out a match because homework/general exhaustion gets in the way. Also nobody is really keen to write a match in pieces, it flows less and as a result reads less cohesively than if you did it in one shot. However come the weekend, some of us get a shot to relax and blow off some steam and if you're in school for an unholy amount of time like I was writing a match seems like another writing assignment on top of my essays and results. So realizing the time on Sunday and not wanting to lose because I'm still minorly competitive: it's great that I can be like "dang. Well, guess I'll have to handle business tomorrow." And have Monday to crack out my match before the deadline and get it up to wow all of you and hopefully win. That extra day past Sunday man, it's clutch to people like me.

Dan Bennett: And at first I smiled and just said; "Sweetheart, it's because most people are losers and have little loser babies."
Declan

Postby Declan » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:05 am

With all the things I have going on in the summer (ie. work, college), currently my level of being busy during the week is starting to pull away from the potential awesomeness I want in my match-writing. I'll keep on trying to put my nose to the grindstone regardless of what happens to make sure something gets in.
The Gimmick Killer LIVES!
The ONLY Gladiatorial Champion that Matters

Smith Jones

Postby Smith Jones » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:25 pm

I'm good with any deadline day really. I had suggested Tuesday because Monday is Raw and I thought people might have issues writing during Raw for the Massacre deadline. My summer is crazy busy so I suggested that Tuesdays might work better for all to avoid last minute editing during Raw on Monday nights.

I'm good with anything, but Tuesday is my fave pick.

-Dennis
@imSmithJones

I'm right here.
Novak84

Postby Novak84 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:20 pm

I Actully find it easier to write matches while watch wrestling.

Head of

THE STREAK
3-0

IT'S NOT SAD TO BE MAD.
Dan
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby Dan » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:47 pm

I've always been a fan of the deadline encompassing 2 weekends and ending on the second one, so I voted for Sunday.
Amethyst

Postby Amethyst » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:30 pm

The deadlines are fine with me. My boys keep me busy so I write when I can. I'll adjust if it changes.

2016 Record: 0-0-0

Return to “Polling Booth”