[VOTE] XWA Brave New World: Danny Diamond vs. Blake Archer - ONE ON ONE HEADLINER!

New Year. New Battles.
Matches and segments from our 2019 Supershow- XWA Brave New World!
RevolutionJones
XWA World Tag Team Champion
Characters Handled: A.J. Morales
Hyphy Machinery (Dontell Porter & Jason Moana)

[VOTE] XWA Brave New World: Danny Diamond vs. Blake Archer - ONE ON ONE HEADLINER!

Postby RevolutionJones » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:10 am

New Year. New Battles. XWA steps into a...

Broadcast on The Xperience and Battleground Network
LIVE! From Sears Centre, Hoffman Estates, IL (11,000 Capacity),

Theme Song: "Genesis" by Justice

Headliner:
One on One!

ImageImageImage

Danny Diamond vs. Blake Archer

Despite only resurfacing fairly late in 2018, Danny Diamond's latest run in XWA has already made a tremendous impact. His acclaimed feud with Sean Young and its climactic Toronto Street Fight at Legends netted them three 2018 Piledriver Awards, as well as near-wins of more trophies, and in recognition of both this fact and Diamond's ultimate victory over Young, Bella Quinn has designated the man formerly known as Mirage the first person to earn a shot at Supremacy for 2019. Diamond will receive his shot in the main event of XWA's China Anniversary, but while we wait for an official #1 contender to emerge in the XWA Top Ten rankings, Diamond will face one of 2018's most consistent contenders for world title glory in Blake Archer. The reigning GWP World Heavyweight Champion famously shot for Supremacy in his XWA debut this time last year, falling short against Emery Layton, before climbing his way up the rankings to earn a second shot at Face Your DEMONS!, this time against Lx-Tim, where Archer won the match, but not the championship, by way of a count-out. And after winning a grueling Last Man Standing match at Legends to retire the infamous Levinator, Archer knows that a win over Diamond could well set him up for shot number three in Shanghai.

Will the Crown Jewel further justify his hand-picked opportunity for glory in our headlining match? Or will the King of Canines hit just the right spot and make that jewel crack?

--------
Deadline for matches is JANUARY 20TH, 2019 at 11:59 Eastern Standard Time.
Voting will start at this time and conclude on JANUARY 27TH, 2019 at 11:59 Eastern Standard Time.
[CST is one hour earlier. GMT is five hours later.]
Archer
Characters Handled: Blake Archer
El Conejo a Dos
El extraño guapo y Misterioso

Re: XWA Brave New World: Danny Diamond vs. Blake Archer - ONE ON ONE HEADLINER!

Postby Archer » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:00 am

Sweeping over the crowd we get the sense of the atmosphere of the fans buzzing off a high from the action so far tonight unable to remain still or quiet during this silence in between matches. The camera goes to Matt Steel and Mark Sanction at the ready to introduce the next bout. Up on the XtremeTron appears Blake Archer with his wife Mary-Jane, the arena’s seats are empties as people jump up with a roar. The XWA athlete is seen walking down the hallway to the locker rooms as he is intercepted by Holly Hunt.

Holly Hunt:
“Blake, that was really an incredible show of guts and heart getting that victory over Levinator at Legends. What can fans expect to see out of the King of Canines here tonight at Brave New World when you take on The Prized Gem, Danny Diamond?”

There is a pause, Mary-Jane puts her hands on her husband’s shoulders. He takes a deep breath in his face staying serious as he replies.

Blake Archer:
“Face Your Demons was just the start of my path, this is my journey. My story I have been writing as I wake up everyday. Eventually the day will come when Saint Peter will read back to me what I have written and I will be judged. For now I am just a man fighting that battle Holly, that is what finally took me to Legends. To challenging Levinator for his career and putting mine on the line.”

Holly Hunt:
“Were you ever worried about losing?”

Blake Archer:
“Heck yes! Fear is an emotion that makes you know you are alive, you’re not insane. I guess unless you are afraid all the time. I am still hurting from the beating he put on me, you don’t just run head first at an obstacle like that, that would be like running face first into a brick wall. That is not to say to can’t overcome that mental wall. Andrew Dufresne did it with a rock hammer, go look it up kids. The point is Holly… uh.. What was the point Holly?”

He ask standing up straight and looking lost and confused like he is not even sure where he is at the moment.

Mary-Jane:
“You were telling Holly here about Levinator and overcoming mental walls and your match tonight against Danny Diamond, do you remember no sweetie?”

As if the light bulb went on hearing his wife refresh his memory brought it all back to him putting a large grin on his face.

Blake Archer:
“Ah yes! Point is Holly, I let guys like Levinator play with my mind and I am done with that. I am done being the mental punching bag. Tonight fans can expect to see the same heart and determination that went into fighting Big Lev. Sure is a down right no good Son of a …”

Mary-Jane:
“Sweetheart.”

She says tugging on his arm and giving a coy little grin that meets his eyes before pointing her’s towards the cameras which as he spots. Blake instantly remembers they are live!

Blake Archer:
“Right… Right.”

He rubs the side of his nose with his thumb realizing that he has a line to watch now days that he never had before. His hand travels over his mouth as his thoughts dwell on his own morality before stepping into his wrestling boots. His hands grip his bag tighter clinging to his mental security blanket packed safely inside.

Blake Archer:
“I want fans to not just hear me say I am changed, but to SEE that I have changed Holly.”

He turns now to look directly at the camera, suddenly his spine straight making him his tallest. He is not speaking down in his tone surprising as it is, but direct. The sincerity showing his fatherly side that seems almost to be sheltered most of the time.

Blake Archer:
“I could do anything to win, I have done anything to win. I will go right through the fat to the bone. That is the man I used to be. That is not the man I am today. Legends that was personal, what I care about is wrestling. I care about fighting, that is my drug and I need it, I just can’t kick the addiction. Danny Diamond showed how dangerous he can be didn’t he? He won that street fight by knockout against Sean Young! Holly the reason I am here is because I love the fans, I love competing and because I love XWA. I have my losses like anyone else but just like I showed at Legends when it matters I get the job done. That is what the fans can expect not just tonight Holly, but EVERY NIGHT! WOOO! It feels good to be ALIVE! I LOVE MY JOB HOLLY!”

He shouts enthusiastically slapping his hands together. Holly nods her head and thanks him.

Holly Hunt:
“Well thank you very much Blake and good luck tonight. I will give it back to you Mark and Matt as I look to see what Blake’s opponent Danny Diamond also has to say about tonight.”

As the cutaway Blake is hear hooting and whooping himself up into a frenzy with his wife giggling about it right behind him.

Mark Sanction:
“Such a nice fella huh Matt? Certainly seems to me that Archer is still riding high off that victory at Legends.”

Matt Steel:
“That was a nice fairytale for then Mark, but this is now. Danny Diamond is back and looking better than ever after his Street Fight against Sean Young which I have to tell you I never doubted him for a second. The brass of him bringing his family to the event so they could watch him punish Sean, he knew what he was doing”

Mark Sanction:
“Uh...Matt, you remember Sean also brought his fam…”

Matt Steel:
“My God why are you so hung up on the past Mark?! I want to live in the moment right now.”

Mark Sanction:
“Ok. Well I am sure that for some of you catching up unlike my partner here. That what Matt says is a trend. Eyes are on Danny Diamond now after many XWA viewers voted on Danny and Sean for the Piledriver awards, the two of them taking three. I wouldn’t say that either of these two men could be considered the most clinically stable Matt, but they both Blake and Danny have a burning passion to be the best. Blake is a slow and steady worker, but he will certainly have a handful with the Prized Gem tonight at Brave New World. What do you think Matt?”

Matt Steel:
“I think after the depth of brutality I seen come out of Danny Diamond at Legends that he has evolved to a whole new level that us and fans might not have even known exist. It doesn’t matter who Blake retired at Legends because that person wasn’t Danny Diamond and even if it had been Mark, it would have been the old Danny Diamond. I am interested to see if that mean streak is still in him tonight Mark, that is the type of things that make me love my job.”

Matt Steel:
“I know buddy. I am getting word that Holly Hunt is standing with Danny Diamond at ringside as we are set to begin the next match.

At gorilla position stands Holly Hunt with Danny Diamond. Profiling for us his black and pink attire and V-neck logo hoodie. His wounds from Legends healing up now, but not seeing to be of much concern to him at all.

Holly Hunt:
“I am pleased to have caught you before this match starts Danny, it looks like the effects of that street fight are still fading? I caught up with Blake Archer tonight who seems very excited about this match up after the showing the both of you had in your respective matches at Legends. Please tell me what thoughts do you have about your match against The King of Canines tonight?”

She points the mic to Danny. He looks down at it and just gives an arrogant snicker and shakes his head before ignoring the question altogether to walk through the curtain to make his entrance. Holly stands there jaw hanging open taking offense at being snubbed like that.

Hana Ramierez:
“Ladies and gentleman it is now time for one of our headlining matches. This bout is set for one fall and fought under regular stipulations. Please allow me to introduce to you first, Co-Winner for XWA Piledrivers of Promo of the year, Feud of the Year and Best single moment of the year for 2019. Hailing from Cheshire, England and Now residing in Los Angeles, California. He is The Prized Gem, DAAAAANNY DIIIIAMOND!”

♫ "He who makes a beast out of himself ... gets rid of the paaain of bein' a maaan." ♫
The inhalation scream of Avenged Sevenfold's "Bat Country" hits the PA system as Danny Diamond steps out from behind the curtain, his head covered by the hood of his lowly zipped v-neck hoodie. He stands on the stage, pulls back the hood and throws his hands into the air to form a diamond. Danny soaks in the reaction, mostly boos with some cheers from the smarkier fans, before lower his hands and making his way to the ring. Upon reaching the squared circle, Danny takes his hoodie off and tosses it nonchalantly into the crowd, before doing the same with his sunglasses. He runs and slides into the ring, under the bottom rope. Quickly, Danny hops back to his feet, makes his way to the nearest turnbuckle and repeats the diamond pose from the second rope.

Mark Sanction:
“There he is the Prized Gem, I must admit he looks in better shape than I thought he would so soon after Legends.”

Matt Steel:
“Because you are a doubter Mark. A majority of the people here are idiots and they boo him because he might be a bit what, mean? So what that is what gets things accomplished, and you know something else I can tell that Danny is enjoying it. Right now we are looking at a man that doesn’t have to work a day in his life, because he enjoys himself.”

Mark Sanction:
“That is one way to put it.”

The faint echoing of the opening chimes to Depeche Mode's Personal Jesus plays. That fans start to cheer in a high pitch shriek that causes Hana to speak a little louder then normal announcing Archer just as loudly as she has Danny.

Hana Ramierez:
“And his opponent he is the current XWA Golden Ticket holder, hailing from the Hall of Fame city, Canton Ohio. He is the King of Canines, BLAAAAAKE ARRRRCHER!”

♫Your own, Personal Jesus.

Someone to hear your prayers.

Someone who cares.

Your own Personal Jesus.

Someone to hear your prayers.

Someone who's there.♫

The imposing Archer emerges out from behind the entrance, standing there in the shadows. The music droning on over his masked figure. His wife Mary-Jane now safely back at his side since Levinator is no longer a threat. The spotlight highlights him showing his crimson attire and matching mask, his emotions are not hidden as he still makes his way to the sidelines holding affectionately to his wife’s hand as he gives young fans high fives. One of them he takes off his mask and leans in to whisper to them before giving the lucky young person his replica mask. The kid shouts and woots gleefully as his parent holds him back down. Blake’s eyes turn back towards the ring his wife taking his real mask and giving him a kiss. He feels a few of the fans leaning over the barricade patting his back from behind in support.

Feeling's unknown and you're all alone

Flesh and bone by the telephone

Lift up the receiver

I'll make you believer. ♫

Mark Sanction:
"I am getting the feeling that Blake always has a demon over his shoulder Matt, is that what his mask means?"

Matt Steel:
"I have no damn clue, I stopped trying to make sense of the guy Mark! I can only hope that Danny Diamond doesn’t fall for all the smoke and mirrors like the rest of these people. He obviously has no sense of welfare for his wife Mary-Jane bringing her out here knowing how unethically Diamond will look for a win."

Mark Sanction:
"...Wait…”

He stops and hits the steel rings steps, bending down and letting out a taunting roar that the crowd mimics. He climbs to the ring apron, stepping over the top rope into the ring, rushing from one side of the ring to the other using the ropes for the momentum as his music creeps into silence. Archer has an ear to ear grin with the fans chanting his name loudly as they too are riding high with him.

“(ARCHER) SUCKS, (ARCHER) SUCKS,(ARCHER) SUCKS”

The fans there for Danny become inflamed shouting in between their gleeful young voices even louder in hopes that it will shut up the Blake fans.

Mark Sanction:
"The crowd is split age seems to play a big factor in this one for who is cheering for who.”

Matt Steel:
"I think it only matters about who is bringing the butts to those seats, everyone is here to see ONE of these two men walk out of here tonight with a victory and no matter what some people will not be happy about that.”

DING!

Jack Tickles singles for the bell and Danny dashes in at Blake diving down and hooking his arms around Blake’s left leg. Blake punches Danny in between the shoulders and he lets go of him putting his hands up to block a left jab from the King of Canines. Danny boots his foot into Blake’s shin and then delivers an uppercut that THUDS off Blake’s bottom jaw. His body is whiplashes back into the ropes while Danny spins around aiming to catch him off the rebound with a Discus Lariat, but Blake ducks Danny’s arm!

Blake hits the second set of ropes turning his back into them with precision timing, he leaps high into the air coming down hitting Danny with a leaping punch! Danny staggers away from the momentum of the shot, but Blake stays right on his heels colliding hard with a clothesline to the corner sandwiching Danny into the turnbuckles. As Danny is dazed Blake lifts him up with a military press seeming to lift the 213 pounds like a feather to the amazement of the fans. Danny shakes off the proverbial cobwebs realizing just high high up he is with Archer hoisting him in the air, he wiggles around with panic elbowing Blake in between the eyes. He drops Danny right away holding his face, Danny swings his right leg around into a low kick cracking off the back of Blake’s left calf. The King of Canines winces sharply side stepping away. Right away Danny rushes him trying to capture that same leg for a take down, Blake swiftly traps his arm between Danny’s neck and his leg forcing the Prized Gem to choke himself the more he tries to fright the limb away from him.

Mark Sanction:
"Two fine grapplers on display right now jocking back and forth. I am suprised at how tough Diamond is against Blake's power."

Matt Steel:
"Almost like a real wrestling match isn't it Mark, come on fellas nobody wants to see that Olympic stuff they want to see fist a cuffs!"

Danny shoves Blake into the corner pressing one of his hands into Blake's face nearly blinding him as Blake struggles to keep a grasp on his opposition. Jack Tickles gives them a few seconds of shoving before he breaks the two of them up from the corner. Danny keeps shoving Blake refusing to give him any leverage. Blake lets go of Danny without hesitation at the orders of the official, Danny sees Blake put his hands up and takes the FREE SHOT, he hits a THUNDEROUS european uppercut knocking Blake back off the top ring post and flopping down to a prone position near the bottom turnbuckle. Majority of fans boo the cheap shot just taken by Danny, but his loyalist applaud his lack of conscious. Tickles warns Diamond to watch himself.

Mark Sanction:
"What a cheap shot!"

Matt Steel:
"That is the spirit! Keep on him Diamond!"

Danny lets a smirk cross his lips as Tickles verbally scolds him, behind the two of them Mary-Jane checks on her husband pleading with him to nod to her that he is alright. Blake comes out of the dazed confusion upon hearing her and nods his head up and down before pushing himself to his feet. He puts his hands above his head to tie up with Danny only to receive a sharp kick in the gut. Danny grabs him by the arm pulling him into an Irish whip situation only to leap up last second wrapping his legs around Blake's neck and yanking him forward over onto his back using a Hurricanrana. Blake's stomach goes into his throat from the sudden 360 he just took the queezy feeling keeping him pinned to the mat as it sinks in what just happened. He doesn't get much time to recover as Danny stomps him hard on the right shoulder, Blake instinctually grabs his left shoulder without thinking. He finds his feet and Danny pushes Blake around delivering a chop to the chest. Danny grabs Blake's left arm and yanks down hard on it thrusting his shoulder into it nearly jarring it out of socket. Blake shouts out in pain retaliating quickly with a stiff headbutt!

Danny stumbles back not expecting the sudden backlash, Blake keeps a hold of Danny's arm like he had him pulling him back towards him into a powerslam his body impacting into Danny's like a woopie cushion. Blake tucks his arm behind Danny's neck and his other arm around his outside leg lacing his hands together to lock in a strong pin. Tickles is down on the mat quickly.
ONE ...

TWO ...
Danny uses all his muscles to kick out!

Blake is pushed off him, the cult following of Danny's sounding nearly as loud as the squeaky ones that have been screaming for Blake this whole time. The bigger man catches his breath taking a few seconds less than Danny but still finding his vertical base first. He grabs Danny only to get an elbow to the gut, Danny hits a Dropkick taking out Blake's knee dropping him back down to the ground. Quickly Danny rolls over the big man and hooks his arms around his head, but Blake panics! He fights to block Danny's hands with his from locking in The Silencer.

Kicking his feet Blake manages to get them in front of himself and pins Danny's shoulder's back down to the mat.
ONE ...
It is only good for a one as Danny lets go pushing Blake off him.

Mark Sanction:
"Blake is seeming to get desperate to put this one away you think Matt?"

Matt Steel:
"Well the way Danny is targeting that leg of his I can see why. Things are growing lethal for the King of Canines real fast with the Prized Gem smelling blood in the water."

Blake jumps on Danny as he is to his knees, he locks him into a side headlock that Danny tries to push himself out of. Blake tightens his grip and loosens his knees using his weight to keep leverage on Danny's neck. Diamond holds his hand up feeling a sting go down his vertebra. He balls up his fist and takes a blind jab at Blake's back trying to hit him as close to the kidney as possible. Blake senses what he is doing letting go before Danny can land a shot, which is good enough for Danny as he lets his body stumble forward. Blake hurries to stay on him, as his shadow engulfs Danny he reveals he is playing possum tripping Blake back down onto the mat and this time managing to lock on THE SILENCER firmly!

The youngsters cry as terror overtakes them seeing Blake locked into Diamond's submission, his large body is just inches away from the rope. Blake tugs on Danny's arms trying to alleviate some of the pressure of the hold that Danny struggles to keep on the giant sweaty swine. People creep closer to the edge of their seats standing as those in front of them get in their way. Danny's arms and hands hide Archer's mouth leaving only his panic stricken eyes searching around calculating how to reach the bottom rope. Mary-Jane rushes to his line of sight hitting the ring apron to let her husband hear over the fans just how close he really is to his goal. Blake groans and cries as he lifts himself into the pressed Danny is applying to him nearly snapping his spine before letting his large frame fall forward and reaching his finger tips out his hand bouncing onto the bottom rope as he grasp it.

Mark Sanction:
"HE DID IT! Archer managed to get to the rope!"

Matt Steel:
"Yes he did, but in just that short desperate amount of time for him The Silencer did a lot of damage to him. Diamond has this match as good as won Mark."

There is a mixture of boos, and energetic cheers at Archer reaching the break. Diamond is not releasing though he wants to keep this high ground. He rocks forward and back continuing to torque onto the middle back where Archer is hurt. Archer shouts. AHHHH! Danny playing him like a musical instrument and seeming to enjoy it. Tickles warns Danny that he has to break for the rope still unheard to Diamond. Tickles gets hot with anger and starts a LOUD count to get his attention. ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR...

Danny releases Blake giving Tickles a disgusted look that he would even consider giving this match to Archer. He gets into a heated discussion with Tickles not completely caught on the ringside mic.
Tickles:
"DON"T TELL ME HOW TO DO MY JOB DIAMOND!"
Danny turns away from him still with a look of disgust. Blake is leaning on the middle rope listening to his wife encourage him as he gasp to regain his breath through all the pain surging over his back right now that makes it harder to breath. Danny stomps directly into the middle of his spine and Blake jolts up to his feet and falls straight over like a tree. Danny looks behind and pulls his body up on the top rope with Archer on the mat where he needs him.

Mark Sanction:
"This seems like the Diamond Press is coming...

Mary-Jane quickly jumps up on the ring apron uncharacteristic for her. Danny looks at her giving her a stiff kick in the face as she stepped closer to him knocking her from the ring apron and down viciously to the padded floor. Danny looks back at Blake their eyes meet as Archer is kneeling. Danny takes flight changing his thoughts to an unorthodox looking senton press. Archer leaps up hitting Danny with the SILVER BULLET!

Matt Steel:
"NO! GET UP DIAMOND!"

Mark Sanction:
"Archer's spear seemed to come out of nowhere, but taking a look at the replay. It seems like Archer might have knocked himself up pretty good with that one just as well.

Matt Steel:
"He should learn to hit his own move correctly!"

The replays show fans how Archer went right through Danny and knocking his head right off the mat looking like he nearly bounced it off. The several shots over and over and freeze frames really make the agony seem that much more prolonged. Blake rolls over staring up at the lights flashbacks of last year playing past his eyes as the fans attention is drawn off the replays and back to real time and what is happening in the ring. Danny is hurting holding his ribs and clinching his eyes tightly together as he rolls around kicking his feet doing anything to distract himself from the sharp shooting pains each time he takes a breath. The low volume of the crowd comes up as voices are heard entering a battle.

"LET'S GO ARCHER! ... LET'S GO DIAMOND! ... LET'S GO DIAMOND! ... LET'S GO DIAMOND!"

Archer stands up, he winces at first but forces it outta his mind. Holding his lower back to support his standing up, before reaching down and grabbing Danny, he lifts him up unable to get him up for the usual routine of following his Silver Bullet with The Decent. He again whines the weight of Danny causing a shooting pain to hit him. Danny knees Blake in the stomach and takes a swing this time hitting a discus lariat. Blake wobbles nearly cut in half with the agony. He stands back up though shouting to hype his mind past the mental threshold. Danny being persistent goes for another, this time Blake wraps Danny's arm into a trap takedown. He hooks one arm between his legs attempting rapidly to lock on The Sagittarius Bow even though in pain. Danny stealthily wraps his feet around the bottom rope before Blake can fully lock on the hold and then lets him. Blake's face seems to be relieved until Tickles pats him on the shoulder and points out Diamond's legs and the rope break.

Mark Sanction:
"Them are tough breaks for Archer. The Silencer versus the Sagittarius Bow. Right away Danny Diamond knew where he was and made sure he had himself secured with a rope break."

Matt Steel:
"Archer has to stay sharp to things like that."

Mark Sanction:
"You nervous there Matt?"

Matt Steel:
"About what? Are you kidding me Mark, I have seen Danny Diamond comeback from way worse than this, I can't think of anything specific right now, but I am sure people could tweet me about it and I would come up with something. Besides worry about calling this match, the action is so tight I fill like I am in a subway here!"

Blake lets go of Danny much faster than Danny had given him a break. Quickly Danny scurries to his feet he once more goes for Blake's leg met this time with an axe handle to the back. Blake Irish whips Danny into the ropes rushing off the opposite side of the ring himself ducking down and surprising the Prized Gem with another SILVER BULLET!

Mark Sanction:
"That's it!"

Matt Steel:
"I wouldn't bet on it Mark, you see how slow Blake is getting up?"

With the arena in a stir of noise Blake sits up shaking his head trying to drown out that chaotic energy all around him. His eyes search around for Danny laying down on the at, but Blake thinks back to earlier when Diamond caught him by playing possum. Blake pushes himself up giving Danny a good rushing stomp to the face before leaning against the corner to regain his air. Blake looks back at Danny and crawls out through the middle rope, he seems to count to three and bit his bottom lip as he lifts himself to the top rope from the outside. Danny looks around unawear Blake is in a precarious perch behind him. Archer stands up leaping high into a Frog Splash. Danny rolls to his back finding it too late as Blake's body splatters right into Danny's. His large weight stamps down hard onto Danny as the wind is knocked out of the both of them, Tickles with his perfectionist eagle eyes gets into perfect position.
ONE....

TWO....

THREE!!

DING DING

Mark Sanction:
"Can you believe it Matt?"

Matt Steel:
"NO?! What, I mean how? How did something like this happen, things were going so right in this one for Danny."

Hana Ramierez:
“here is your winner, by pinfall. The King of Canines. Blake Archer!”

Even some haters give a slight applause to Archer for gutting it out in this match even as the irritated Danny Diamond is being checked to make sure there are no concussion. He pushes them away not even giving a second thought to looking back to Archer as he exits leaving him to celebrate for now. Mary-Jane enters the ring with her husband smiling happily as he embraces her tightly as Tickles finishes the rituals by raising his arm victoriously.

Mark Sanction:
"I don't think anyone has anything to be embarrassed about tonight. Both men showed how much they scouted one another, but I think Archer just happened to get a bit of luck here and there that really helped him in this one. How will Danny Diamond bounce back from this? Still not taking anything away from either men this was a great contest, great job to Archer pulling out that victory."
GiggityGopher
Lord of the Ring Participant
Lord of the Ring Participant
Characters Handled: Danny Diamond
Bloody Mary
Joey Miles

Postby GiggityGopher » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:52 am

Hana Ramierez |
”The following match is scheduled for one-fall!”

"He who makes a beast out of himself ... gets rid of the paaain of bein' a maaan."

M. Shadows’ inhalation scream revs up throughout the arena as “Bat Country” hits, while Danny Diamond steps out from behind the curtain. The audience mostly jeers, though some of the more smarky fans cheer.

Mark Sanction |
”This is going to be a good one, folks. We have Danny Diamond, who was earlier announced to be facing the person who claims number one in the XWA Top Ten at next month’s anniversary in China for the vacant Supreme Championship, taking on Blake Archer, fresh off of retiring Levinator at Legends. A win here could definitely propel Blake up the Top Ten, possibly putting him in position to face Danny again, next month.”

Matt Steel |
”Danny had two matches in XWA all last year – one as a special one-off against Rob, before he actually became a signed performer later in the year – and yet he’s already being given a Supreme title shot, free of charge.”

Mark Sanction |
”Well, he’s an established name and widely considered one of the best in the business, but I do agree. I’m not sure why he doesn’t have to earn it.”

Matt Steel |
”Let me finish, dude. Damn. I was gonna say Danny gets a free title shot and that’s perfectly fine because he’s Danny fucking Diamond. He doesn’t need to ‘earn’ it. He’s earned it by doing all that he’s done in his career; now including a win at Legends and three Piledriver Awards.”

Danny makes his way down the ramp, looking out at the crowd, but not really doing anything more than that to acknowledge them.

Hana Ramierez |
”Introducing first; from Cheshire, England and weighing in at two hundred and thirteen pounds, he is ‘The Prized Gem’, Danny Diamond!”

Mark Sanction |
”His performance at Legends was impressive and those awards were earned, although they weren’t just earned by him. And he broke the one he actually went out to accept on Massacre.”

Matt Steel |
”He had a point. Promo of the Year is for the most entertaining moment when a wrestler’s got nothing but a microphone in his hand. And these fans voted, as the most entertaining moment, for when Danny thought that something had happened to his wife and son and there was nothing he could do about that. It’s fucked up, man.”

Mark Sanction |
”I’m not sure the fans who voted for it see it quite that way.”

Matt Steel |
”Well, that’s how Danny saw it.”

Danny takes off his v-neck hoodie and tosses it to the side, doing the same with his sunglasses. He runs and slides under the bottom rope, quickly hopping to his feet inside the ring. Opting out of doing his usual posing in the corner, Danny simply rests against one, waiting for the match to start.

Mark Sanction |
”Not the usual showmanship from Danny that we’re accustomed to.”

Matt Steel |
”Why give the fans the satisfaction? Once the match starts, that’s when we’ll see Danny showing off; not for the fans’ benefit, but to show Blake, first hand, what he can do.”

Danny’s theme fades out, but it’s not long before a replacement takes over.

”Reach out and touch faith.”

Depeche Mode’s “Personal Jesus” plays and Blake Archer steps out from behind the curtain, holding his fists up in the air to a chorus of cheers.

Mark Sanction |
”With both his and Levinator’s careers on the line, Blake came out on top at Legends and that allows him to continue competing for XWA. Next up is this match with Danny; from one very tough challenge to another.”

Matt Steel |
”While him and Levinator had a hell of a fight at Legends, Danny and Sean were in the runner-up for match of the year. He’s gotta step his game up if he wants a chance to win tonight.”

Mark Sanction |
”Blake has stepped his game up time and time again. I don’t expect tonight to be any different.”

Archer makes his way down the ramp, as he extends his hand out to touch fingers with front row fans while doing so.

Hana Ramierez |
”And his opponent; from Canton, Ohio and weighing in at two hundred and ninety-five pounds, he is ‘The King of Canines’ Blake Archer!”

Matt Steel |
”Just think, Blake forced a man into retirement as the stipulation for winning his match. Meanwhile, Danny almost forced a man into retirement from sheer damage. He was seconds away from ending Sean’s career with that barbed wire covered baseball bat, but he showed sympathy. That says something, not only about who’s the more dangerous of these two, but also who’s the kinder.”

Mark Sanction |
”Blake isn’t ‘unkind’ because he retired Levinator. That was the agreed upon stipulation for the match. And Danny sure as hell isn’t a kind man. He showed mercy when the match was over, no doubt, but this was a month after beating Sean to a bloody pulp right in the middle of his announcement on who he was, originally, going to face at Legends. I will give you this, though; he is dangerous. More dangerous than Blake? Maybe. But being dangerous isn’t the only thing that wins you matches.”

Archer walks up the steel steps and walks over the top rope to enter the ring, showcasing his charming smile as he poses for the fans in a corner. He heads to the opposing corner and repeats the pose, following up with the third corner. As he goes towards the fourth corner, however, he notices Danny leaning against it, unimpressed. Being respectful enough to not want to start something over posing in a corner before the match even starts, Blake opts out of pushing him aside so he could use that corner, too. Instead, he stands on his side of the ring as music fades out. Referee Jack Tickles calls Danny in, to which the Englishman obliges, and he goes over the rules with the two wrestlers before calling for the bell.

DING! DING! DING!

It doesn’t take long for the two competitors to meet. They lock up in a Collar-and-Elbow in the center of the ring, but Archer’s power advantage comes into play near instantly. He pushes Danny back, sending him off of his feet and back-first into the canvas, though Diamond quickly rolls backwards, onto his feet. He glares at Blake, not happy with being taken down so quickly by his opponent.

Mark Sanction |
”Blake already showing off his strength advantage in this match. That’s more of a message to Danny than anything.”

Danny steps toward Blake and it appears another Collar-and-Elbow is in order, but this time Danny swiftly switches it up, moving over and landing kicks to the side of Archer’s leg. Blake tries to respond with a punch, but the Englishman ducks it and follows up with an elbow strike to the side of Archer’s ribcage. Trying to stop the veteran before he gets going, Blake looks for a punch from his other hand, but this is dodged as well. ‘The Prized Gem’ follows up with a sharp shoot-style kick, nailing his opponent in the stomach with the kickpad-guarded top of his foot. Diamond goes for an Irish Whip, but Blake reverses it into one of his own, sending his adversary to the corner. He rushes at him, but Danny dodges the oncoming attempt at a cornered Clothesline and pops up behind the big guy. The Englishman grabs Archer from behind in a Waist Lock and pulls him backwards into a German Suplex that drops ‘the King of Canines’ on his shoulders, causing him to roll onto his stomach from the impact.

Mark Sanction |
”Well-timed dodge and an excellent German Suplex from Danny.”

Matt Steel |
”Blake may have the strength advantage, but Danny’s showing him he out-classes him in speed, not that there was any doubt. That German Suplex shows that Danny’s not exactly weak, too.”

Mark Sanction |
”There’s little question in Danny’s abilities all around the board. Blake knows he’s in for a touch match.”

Danny is quick to return to his feet while Blake is, naturally, a bit slower. Diamond goes for a low Roundhouse Kick aimed at Archer’s head, but the Ohio native ducks it. He hurriedly returns to his feet and lands a knee strike into his foe’s abdomen. The nearly three hundred pound wrestler places Danny’s head in between his legs and then wraps his arms around his upper body. He lifts the 2WWF icon off of the canvas and onto his shoulders. Blake then reaches up and grabs the bottom of Danny’s biceps, holding him up in a crucifix style. The fans cheer in anticipation.

Mark Sanction |
”Blake setting up for the DogBite, early on!”

Not looking to be dropped into Blake’s signature Neckbreaker, Danny swings his legs, hitting the bigger man in his back numerous times. This causes his grip to loosen and allows Danny to fall, straddling Blake’s shoulders with his legs as he does so and flipping him with a Hurricanrana, ending in a seated pin attempt!

Mark Sanction |
”Reversed!”

ONE!

TWO – Blake kicks out with force, but the agile Danny lands on his feet from the pushing pin break, instantly rushing forward as he does so. He vaults over the top rope and swings his body to land feet-first on the apron, while Blake was getting back to his feet. Danny leaps into the air and bounces off of the top rope, springboarding himself back into the ring and flying towards Archer. He lands a front Dropkick, hitting Blake in the face and pushing him back towards the ropes. Showcasing his incredible athleticism, Danny back flips out of the Dropkick, Dropsault-style, and lands on his feet!

Mark Sanction |
”Great landing!”

Diamond doesn’t waste any time, promptly rushing forward. He slides through Blake’s legs and to the outside of the ring, where he turns around and grabs Blake’s ankles, tripping him. Quickly, Danny hops back on the apron and uses the top rope to lunge himself back into the ring, dropping an elbow on Blake’s back in the process. Danny proceeds to roll over Blake, at first digging his elbow deeper into his back and then pushing off as he springs back to his feet. Not giving the man who retired Levinator any time to recuperate, the Englishman takes to running again. He runs across the ring and rebounds off of the ropes, darting back in Blake’s direction and leaping over his head, bringing both feet down with a Double Foot Stomp to Archer’s back. Danny’s crisp style is on full showcase as he then leaps off of Blake backwards, flipping as he does so. As he hits the canvas on his stomach, he smoothly wraps his arm around Archer’s neck and uses the momentum from the landing to bounce back up as if the ring were a trampoline, landing on his feet with his body arched over, holding onto Blake in a Front Facelock.

Mark Sanction |
”Beautiful transitions, left and right!”

Matt Steel |
”Jesus Christ, slow down, Danny.”

’The Prized Gem’ then drags Blake into the center of the ring, gradually lifting him back to his feet as he does so. He transitions out of the Front Facelock with a European Uppercut that shoots Blake straight back to an upright base. After turning while doing the uppercut, Diamond rushes across the ring once more. He bounces off of the ropes and then runs back, going straight past the groggy Blake and heading to the opposite set of ropes, which he also hits against, all the while adding momentum and speed. Finally, he runs right back to Blake and jumps, extending his foot out with a single-leg running Dropkick to the back of Blake’s head, forcing him to drop to the canvas! Despite the majority of the audience disliking Danny, applause is still heard for the incredibly athletic sequence of moves Diamond just pulled off and all of the stamina that was required for them.

Mark Sanction |
”Dropkick to the back of Blake’s head to cap off that incredible sequence! I’m feeling winded just watching that.”

Matt Steel |
”One of the most athletically gifted and well-conditioned wrestlers in the sport. Everything was so crisp just then and Danny hardly broke a sweat!”

Danny rolls Archer over onto his back and goes for his second pin attempt of the match.

ONE!

TW – Blake kicks out just before Jack could reach two. Danny hurries back to his feet and looks out at the audience, who are still cheering the sequence he just pulled off. Despite the positive response, all that can be seen in his expression is disgust. The same fans he felt were ‘entertained’ by his fear for his family, now cheering for him because of his ability. He doesn’t have much time to dwell on that, though, as he notices Blake beginning to get back to his feet. The Englishman pulls him the rest of the way back up and Irish Whips him into the furthest corner. He runs at the long-haired superstar, catching him in the cheek with a cornered forearm strike. Following this, Diamond pushes Blake up onto the top rope in a seated position. He moves his legs over the top rope and then climbs onto the middle rope. Following two quick punches, Diamond applies a Front Facelock and hooks Archer’s arm around his shoulder, setting up for what appears to be a Superplex attempt!

Realizing the danger he’d be in from taking a Superplex, Blake fights back, hitting Danny repeatedly in the side with punches until Diamond’s grip becomes loose enough for Blake to pull his head free. He then uses that very head to smash into Danny’s own head, hitting him with a headbutt that knocks him off of the middle rope, although he lands on his feet. Rushing to get the advantage, Blake pulls his feet back over the top rope and stands on the middle rope. He leaps off, turning as he goes for a diving European Uppercut, but Diamond side-steps him and Blake crashes into the canvas, elbow first. Favoring his elbow as he does so, Archer begins getting back to his feet. He can only make it to a knee before Danny pounces. “The Rubik’s Cube” runs at Archer and leaps over him. He grabs him by the head and brings him down to the canvas with a somersaulting Neckbreaker! Promptly, Danny goes for the cover.

ONE!

TW – Once again, Blake kicks out just before two.

Mark Sanction |
”Blake’s having trouble getting anything going in this match.”

Matt Steel |
”Well, when a match starts with your opponent flawlessly attacking you from every Goddamn angle possible, you tend to be thrown off your game.”

Danny is quick to pull Blake into a seated Headlock, looking to take a moment to both weaken his opponent and regain some of the stamina he used with his earlier sequence and that Neckbreaker. I’m not sure why I felt the need to describe what a rest hold does. Regardless, Archer fights back to his feet and, upon standing, brings some elbow strikes back into Diamond’s mid-section to force a break. He then runs the ropes, bouncing off of them and returning to Danny, who ducks down quickly, allowing Blake to jump over him and continue running. As ‘the King of Canines’ runs to the opposing set of ropes, Danny gets back up and Blake’s return now sees Danny leap frog over him. Well, almost. Despite the impressive effort of nearly jumping over his much taller opponent, Danny is caught as Blake pivots, catching him on his shoulders in a Fireman’s Carry. Archer quickly drops backwards, driving the air out of Danny’s lungs with a Samoan Drop.

Mark Sanction |
”There we go. Nice counter from Blake into that Samoan Drop.”

Blake gets back to his feet before Danny and uses the brief period of Danny’s return to a vertical base to recuperate. As soon as the Englishman is standing, Archer kicks him in the gut. He pulls Danny in to set up for a Vertical Suplex. While being lifted in the air, however, Diamond turns and slides free, falling down behind his opposition. Before he has a chance to capitalize, Danny is struck with a back elbow strike that stuns him, allowing Blake enough time to turn around and set up for the Suplex again; this time landing it.

Mark Sanction |
”Got him with that one.”

He goes for the cover.

ONE! – Danny kicks out very shortly after one.

Matt Steel |
”Not nearly enough, though.”

The Golden Ticket winner pulls Danny back to his feet hurriedly after the kick out, placing his head between his legs again, possibly looking to hoist him up for another attempt at the DogBite. Acting quickly, Danny drops to his knees and swings his arm around Blake’s leg to hit him in the back of the knee, causing the leg to buckle. He then pulls the unexpecting man in with a Small Package.

Mark Sanction |
”Inside Cradle!”

ONE!

TWO!

THRE – Just in the nick of time, Blake kicks out, having almost been beaten due to the surprising nature of the pin. Now I felt the need to describe how sneak pins work. The two quickly shoot back to their feet, but Danny is the one to take advantage, as he hits Blake with another Dropkick, this one pushing him into the nearby corner. Danny runs forward and jumps, bringing both of his knees up and smacking them into Archer’s face, landing the first half of his signature England’s Finest Combo. He pulls Blake out of the corner and kicks him in the gut to double him over. Diamond applies a Double Underhook and tries to lift his opponent up for the Tiger Driver ’98, but Blake fights it. That, mixed with the size difference, keeps Danny from being able to lift him more than a few inches off of the canvas.

Mark Sanction |
”Danny’s looking to finish England’s Finest Combo, but I’m not sure if he can lift Blake for this. A German Suplex is one thing, but there’s an over eighty pound difference between these two.”

Matt Steel |
”He’s got this. Lift with your legs, Danny!”

Danny doesn’t let go of the Double Underhook, continuing to try to lift Blake, but Archer finally fights back by using his strength to, instead, lift Danny off of the canvas! As Diamond keeps his grip on Blake’s arms, his lifted until “the King of Canines” is standing upright and Danny is upside down behind him. Blake rushes backwards, forcing Danny to hit the padded buckles and letting go. He slides down but his foot gets caught on the top rope, keeping him in a tree-of-woe position.

Matt Steel |
”Well, this is bad.”

With Danny in a very precarious position, Blake runs to the opposite side of the corner. He turns and runs right back. Once close to Danny, Archer slides and drills the XWA (not this one) Hall of Famer in the face with the sole of his boot! His leg jerks up in reaction, causing him to drop from his tree-of-woe place, crumbling on the canvas.

Mark Sanction |
”Oof! All of the blood rushing to Danny’s head and then a bullet aimed at his face in the form of Blake’s boot.”

Matt Steel |
”Can sure as shit cause some whiplash, at the very least.”

Noticing Danny now laid out in front of the corner, Blake decides it’s time to up the ante. He slides under the bottom rope before pulling himself back to his feet on the apron. He then begins climbing the ropes from outside of the ring, while Danny gradually starts to get back up.

Mark Sanction |
”Oh? The big guy’s looking to go aerial.”

Danny stumbles a bit away from the corner as he’s getting back to his feet. Meanwhile, Blake reaches the middle rope as his upper body is somewhat hunched over the top rope while he climbs. Seeing this, Danny speeds toward the corner and drills his opponent with a European Uppercut! The strike dazes the big guy, but he doesn’t fall off of the rope.

Matt Steel |
”Big mistake, Blakey boy!”

With Blake stunned, but still in position, Danny ascends to the middle rope from inside the ring. Standing on equal footing now, he lands numerous punches to Archer’s head, but the Ohioan wrestler responds with a very hard forearm strike nearly sending Danny flying. He follows this up with two more before grabbing Danny and pulling his head in, applying a Front Facelock and hooking Diamond’s arm over his shoulder.

Matt Steel |
”Oh … Oh, no.”

Mark Sanction |
”This doesn’t end well.”

With both men balancing on the middle rope, Blake’s power becomes the center of attention again; although, his poise is on full display, as well. He lifts Danny off of the rope, slowly raising him into the air until he’s upside down. The moment feels almost as if it’s in slow motion, until the direction moves down. Archer falls backwards, off of the middle rope, and brings Danny down with him as they tumble to the outside with a colossal Suplex! The fans cheer big-time for the showcase of strength and balance.

Mark Sanction !|
”Woah! Huge Suplex over the top rope and to the outside! Never underestimate Blake’s power!”

Matt Steel |
”Hell of a fall, shit.”

Jack begins a ten count with both men down on the outside. Blake, naturally, is the first to stir. He begins pushing himself back to his feet, but it’s surprisingly not long after that Danny starts to use the ring apron to help himself back up. By the time Archer’s up, Danny’s on a knee. He doesn’t give the Englishman time to get any further, however. Blake grabs Danny by the head, yanks him up and then slams him face-first into the apron. Diamond stumbles away, walking around the corner, into the side of the area where the commentary team is situated. Blake follows and grabs Danny by the back of his head, but Diamond hastily spins around and drills his adversary with the tip of his elbow on the jaw. Danny follows this up by ducking down and driving Blake back-first into the apron. Noticing the referee’s count getting a bit high, Danny slides into the ring and then back out onto the apron, where he proceeds to use the ropes to pull himself to his feet.

Mark Sanction |
”Danny breaks the referee’s count.”

Danny turns his back to the outside and gets in position. He looks back to see Archer close to him and shoots a kick backwards, hitting the big man in the cheek and causing him to stumble a few feet back. With this small bit of distance created, Danny turns back to the ropes and grabs the top one. Using the top rope for leverage, he jumps and swings his legs over that top rope. His legs bounce and send Danny flipping backwards into a Suicide Arabian Press attempt, but it serves as nothing more than an attempt; Danny being caught on Blake’s shoulder! The momentum from the catch causes Archer to step backwards a few times, but he stays standing.

Mark Sanction |
”Suicide Arabian Press—no! Blake caught Danny!”

Matt Steel |
”Shit, quick Danny, piss yourself!”

Mark Sanction |
”What?”

Matt Steel |
”I don’t know, man, it works against bears!”

With Danny draped over his shoulder, Blake turns his head to look behind him, noticing the commentary table. He takes a step back and then, looking to cause some big-time damage, he spins around, attempting a Powerslam through the table! Danny, however, uses the momentum from the spin to swing himself around Archer’s shoulders, wrapping his arm around Blake’s head and pulling his cranium into the table with a Satellite DDT! A loud ‘OOO’ is heard from the crowd in response.

Mark Sanction |
”Satellite DDT right in front of us!”

Matt Steel |
”You see that, Mark? Danny even had enough grace to avoid my Wild Cherry Pepsi!”

Mark Sanction |
”Somehow, I don’t think Danny was worried about knocking over your drink when almost being put through our table.”

As Danny’s lower back hit the edge of the table during the move, he presses the back of his hand against to try to alleviate some of the pain. Meanwhile, Blake is on his knees with his head laying right where he hit the table, unmoving. With Jack having started another count, Diamond decides to break it up once more just in case he has any trouble getting his big opponent back in the ring. After rolling in and then back out to restart the count, Danny grabs Blake by the hair and pulls him back to the ring, struggling a bit due to the almost dead weight. Once he manages to roll Archer back in under the bottom rope, Danny slides in after him and gets to his feet inside the squared circle. He stands next to Blake as he watches him try to get back to his feet, waiting for the right moment. Once ‘the King of Canines’ is almost standing, Danny bursts across the ring. Blake reaches a vertical base and groggily stumbles forward a few steps as Danny leaps off of the canvas. He presses his feet against the middle rope and, without the use of his hands, he springs off of the rope, turning one hundred and eighty degrees in the air and looking to take Blake down with another DDT, this one in tornado form! Danny’s attempt to give Blake an even bigger headache didn’t account for one thing, though; his strength. Despite Danny wrapped around his neck and trying to pull him down, with gravity on his side, Archer doesn’t drop, instead just bending over and refusing to go down further!

Mark Sanction |
”Looking to keep the attack on Blake’s head going, but no! He’s not going down!”

Danny’s feet aren’t even touching the ground as they’re out to Blake’s side, but he won’t go down. Suddenly, the Ohio star wraps his arm around Danny’s neck and grabs the waist of Danny’s tights with his other hand. He lifts Danny back up, holds him vertically, lets go of his tights and stalls.

Mark Sanction |
”Incoming Descent!”

As Mark suggested, Blake brings Danny down while swinging his arm around his chest, landing the Jackhammer-like Descent!

Mark Sanction |
”Is this it?!”

Archer hooks the leg for a pin attempt.

ONE!

TWO!

THR – Danny kicks out at two and a half!

Mark Sanction |
”Danny kicks out!”

Matt Steel |
”Danny wants momentum heading into his first ever shot for the Supreme Championship and it shows. Blake’s gotta take it up a notch if he wants this big win.”

Blake rolls onto his backside and looks down at Danny. He then looks at the furthest corner of the ring. A smile comes across Archer’s face as he gets back to his feet and steps over to the corner. He turns to face Danny and kneels down, calling for the end.

Mark Sanction |
”Oh boy. Well, this is taking it up a notch.”

Matt Steel |
”Uh oh.”

Danny gradually gets back to his feet as Blake watches, stalking him from the corner while he waits for the perfect moment to strike. That moment soon presents itself and he goes zooming out of the corner, looking to take Diamond down with his finishing Spear, the Silver Shot! Fans cheer as the move is about to land, but suddenly Danny side-steps his opponent and grabs his arm! With the momentum from the run, Danny brings Blake down to the canvas and places his arm in between his legs. He then pushes his knee into Blake’s upper back and wraps his arms around the big man’s head, cranking back in a crossface style to apply his submission finisher, the Lebell Lock, more commonly known by Danny’s fans as the Silencer!

Matt Steel |
”Oh shit! The Silencer!”

Mark Sanction |
”The Silencer is applied! The move that forced Sean Young to pass out at Legends!”

The fans are in a frenzy with boos loudly pouring into the arena, mixed in with a far smaller amount of cheers. Fortunately for Blake, he’s not terribly far away from the ropes. Using his power and size advantage, he drags himself (and subsequently Danny) the small amount he needed to be able to reach out and grab the bottom rope.

Mark Sanction |
”Blake reaches the bottom rope!”

Tickles calls for the break, but Danny doesn’t release. He decides to utilize the mandatory five second count to its fullest and get as much out of the Silencer as he can. Once Jack reaches four, Danny lets go.

Matt Steel |
”And Danny made the most out of the official’s five count because he’s not just a great athlete, but a smart competitor.”

Not looking to let the momentum shift against him, Danny grabs Blake by the hair – this time being admonished by Jack, who’s close enough to see it – and pulls him towards the center of the ring. He latches onto Blake’s and spins while turning Blake as well, proceeding to drop into a sit out Neckbreaker. As opposed to going for a cover, Danny instead then drags his opponent’s body a bit closer to a corner of the ring. He exits onto the apron and begins ascending the ropes from outside of the ring.

Mark Sanction |
”It’s Danny’s turn to head to the top rope.”

Matt Steel |
”I guarantee this goes better than it did for Blake.”

Of course, as Danny’s climbing, he doesn’t notice Blake getting back to his feet. By the time Diamond reaches the top rope, Blake’s up. He rushes at his opponent and leaps, drilling Danny in the head with a Superman Punch! The strike dazes Danny, who slowly falls forward until gravity takes him off of the top rope and he drops to the canvas. He hits the ground on his side and gradually rolls fully onto his back, putting him in a good position for Blake.

Mark Sanction |
”You were saying?”

Matt Steel |
”Fuck you, FDR.”

Archer heads onto the apron and ascends the ropes, as quickly as he can with the fatigue he’s built in this match. Once at the very top, he poses for the fans before leaping into the air, bringing his arms and legs in and then back out and crashing down onto ‘The Prized Gem’ with a sky-high Frog Splash! The fans pop as the move lands perfectly.

Mark Sanction |
”747 Crash!”

Blake stays on hop of Danny and hooks the leg.

ONE!

TWO!

THREE – Danny kicks out just in time!

Mark Sanction |
”So close! Two hundred and ninety-five pounds came crashing down on Danny, but he kicked out!”

Matt Steel |
”A very close one, but close doesn’t mean shit in this business.”

Ignoring the fact that Danny just kicked out and instead focusing on the momentum right now and the adrenaline pumping through him, Blake climbs onto the middle rope and raises both hands in the air to pose again for the crowd, receiving cheers in responds. He follows this by hopping over the top rope and stepping down, onto the apron. From there, Blake clenches the top rope rightly and waits for Danny to get back to his feet.

Matt Steel |
”Oh God, now this?”

Mark Sanction |
”Blake’s feeling the momentum right now. The crowd is on his side, things are in his favor. It looks like it’s time for the K9 Crush!”

The K9 Crush is exactly what Blake has on mind. Once Danny’s standing and the timing is opportune, Archer leaps into the air and springboards off of the top rope. He cocks his arm back, looking to thrust it forward with his signature forearm smash. Danny has other plans for his opponent, however. He shoots his foot up, looking to catch the incoming big man with his Sudden Death Superkick finisher! Unfortunately for Danny, Blake had it scouted. Archer adjusts mid-flight and catches Danny’s foot as he lands on the canvas! Danny’s eyes widen.

Matt Steel |
”He caught Danny’s foot, mid-air! The hell?”

Mark Sanction |
”Blake did his research heading into this one!”

Blake pulls Danny in by his foot, letting go of it and then wrapping his hand around ‘The Shine’s’ throat!

Mark Sanction |
”Here comes the Mark!”

Matt Steel |
”I feel like that’s how you flirt.”

Blake lifts Danny off of the canvas, looking to hit his signature Chokeslam, but Diamond transitions mid-air and lands to the side of Blake, taking him down by his arm again and once more applying the Silencer, this time in the center of the ring!

Matt Steel |
”Oh shit! The Silencer again!”

Mark Sanction |
”Blake got to the ropes before, but can he do it this time?!”

Blake almost immediately tries to start dragging himself and Danny to the ropes like last time, but Diamond’s having none of it. He cranks back harder on his head, sending a jolt of pain through his opponent and halting his attempt at trying to get free. Once Blake adapts to the new pain, he tries to crawl again, but this time, wanting this to end once and for all, Danny cranks back even further, nearly putting his back up against Blake’s with how far he’s cranking. Muffled screams can be heard behind Danny’s clasped hands over his mouth.

Mark Sanction |
”He’s pulling back so far! This has to hurt incredibly bad!”

Matt Steel |
”He’s not getting to the ropes this time!”

Blake puts his hand up, looking like he may tap, but he hesitates. His hand stays up, but it begins to shake. The shaking gets faster and faster as he tries his best to fight the urge to give up. Finally, he realizes what he has to do. Archer taps out.

DING! DING! DING!

The audience boos as ”Bat Country” plays. Jack calls for the break. Although Danny doesn’t release instantly, he lets go before the official is forced to try to break it up himself.

Hana Ramierez |
”Here is your winner, by submission; Danny Diamond!”

Danny gets back to his feet and takes a moment to collect himself.

Mark Sanction |
”A hard fought win tonight for Danny, as he prepares to go for XWA’s top prize next month.”

Matt Steel |
”Whoever gets the top spot on the Power Rankings is in for a bad time, Mark.”

Mark Sanction |
”They’re in for an opportunity, Matt. But they’re going to have to give it their all considering Danny is the other one getting that opportunity.”

Danny looks at the downed Blake, cracking a grin. While he defeated Sean at Legends, this was the real beginning of his new run as an active wrestler on the XWA roster, meaning this was his first match as anything more than a guest since his time in FGA, back in two thousand-sixteen. He’s finally back doing what he’s missed doing and, picking up a win over Blake, he’s back at it the right way.
RevolutionJones

Postby RevolutionJones » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:11 pm

This match is now OPEN FOR VOTING!

You have until JANUARY 29TH, 2019 to vote on this match.

Please use the Voting Template located HERE and adhere to the voting rules listed there. Votes that do not meet these standards will not be counted.

Good luck, and may the best match win!
Dan
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer
Characters Handled: Dan Bennett

Re: [VOTE] XWA Brave New World: Danny Diamond vs. Blake Archer - ONE ON ONE HEADLINER!

Postby Dan » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:44 pm

Blake Archer
What I liked:
The promo at the beginning wasn't bad, basic babyface stuff.

What I disliked:
The biggest thing I noticed was the excessive use of pronouns. I was lost too many times trying to read this because of all the he/him/his that existed in there where it could've reasonably been either wrestler. The action had a little description sometimes, but a lot of it happened far too quickly and had little bearing on the match, and sometimes it was very hard to follow exactly what they were doing because some words didn't make sense where they were. Also, what is the Silver Bullet? Is that an alternate name for the Silver Shot? Also, I have no idea what a senton press is, and I can't find anything on google about it. I assumed it was a senton splash, which is basically someone jumping off and landing on the opponent with their back, like so:

Which if that's the case, I have no idea how he speared him from that kind of dive. And the lack of description on the Silver Bullet(Shot) gave me no context clues to determine it myself.

Personal Favourite Part:

Personal Least Favourite Part:
Archer wrote:Blake shouts out in pain retaliating quickly with a stiff headbutt!

Danny stumbles back not expecting the sudden backlash, Blake keeps a hold of Danny's arm like he had him pulling him back towards him into a powerslam his body impacting into Danny's like a woopie cushion. Blake tucks his arm behind Danny's neck and his other arm around his outside leg lacing his hands together to lock in a strong pin. Tickles is down on the mat quickly.
Please see the bolded. I have no idea what any of this means until the powerslam. And wouldn't lacing his hands together pull Danny Diamond's shoulders off the mat? Because he's pulling his upper and lower half together to grip his hands together, at least that's what I'm assuming happened.

Constructive Criticism for Next Time:
When you get done writing a match, go back and re-read it. Make sure what you're conveying is something anyone would understand. Because a lot of the spots in this, I can tell you know what you're talking about but we the reader don't because you're not telling us what is going on fully or who is doing what. The pronouns really don't do this match any favors, so maybe change out some of those with nicknames or things like "the aggressor" or "with X in control, then", things like that. There are ways to "cheat" like that and still get your point across and clarify who is who.

Final Comments:
I hope this doesn't come off as overly critical, just giving my opinion on the match and how it could be improved.

-------

Danny Diamond
What I liked:
I gotta say, the size difference was played very well in this match. Danny Diamond was all over Blake and Blake took a lot of the attacks in stride, kind of like a Davis versus Goliath style of match even though it's only 80ish pounds difference. I like the use of the outside of the ring as well, with Blake countering the moonsault only to be spiked into the announcer's table. And when Blake had his moments in the sun, it was mostly by way of clever counters utilizing his strength, which makes sense for a guy as big as he is. Action and pacing were pretty good, all in all well done.

What I disliked:
The commentary points out the obvious a little bit too much. That's really it.

Personal Favourite Part:
GiggityGopher wrote:Danny gradually gets back to his feet as Blake watches, stalking him from the corner while he waits for the perfect moment to strike. That moment soon presents itself and he goes zooming out of the corner, looking to take Diamond down with his finishing Spear, the Silver Shot! Fans cheer as the move is about to land, but suddenly Danny side-steps his opponent and grabs his arm! With the momentum from the run, Danny brings Blake down to the canvas and places his arm in between his legs. He then pushes his knee into Blake’s upper back and wraps his arms around the big man’s head, cranking back in a crossface style to apply his submission finisher, the Lebell Lock, more commonly known by Danny’s fans as the Silencer!
I like when there is a smooth transition to a submission finisher, and this was definitely smooth.

Personal Least Favourite Part:
GiggityGopher wrote:Noticing the referee’s count getting a bit high, Danny slides into the ring and then back out onto the apron, where he proceeds to use the ropes to pull himself to his feet.

Mark Sanction |
”Danny breaks the referee’s count.”
Redundant commentary is redundant. And if this is my least favorite part of this match, that there's redundant parts, that's saying something.

Constructive Criticism for Next Time:
The only complaint for me really was the commentary, maybe have them react to what happened more often instead of just mentioning it.

Final Comments:

----
The Person Getting My VOTE:
Danny Diamond
Archer
Characters Handled: Blake Archer
El Conejo a Dos
El extraño guapo y Misterioso

Postby Archer » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:17 am

I don't take offense Dan, I do wish I could talk to you about what I actually meant to get some more in depth pointers on it though.

With the finger lacing there is an Olympic style pin I am going for there. That I could see in my head but I am not quite sure how you'd put into words.
The senton was a bad description of a dive I am not sure of the name for from the top rope. :slaugh:

I see what you mean with cutting back on pronouns though I will keep that in mind when I read stuff back in the future.
Much appreciated as always Dan. :wub:

I'd like to thank @Danny Diamond for being a fun opponent one more time, I hope to fight you again in the future improving on this time mate. :)
RevolutionJones

Re: [VOTE] XWA Brave New World: Danny Diamond vs. Blake Archer - ONE ON ONE HEADLINER!

Postby RevolutionJones » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:16 am

And your official winner...DANNY DIAMOND!

Return to “XWA Brave New World”