BREAKING: Jerod Barnez Suffers Concussion From Post-Match Attack, Questionable For Melbourne Show

Your news, rumors and speculation from in and around the world of the Xtreme Wrestling Alliance!
GiggityGopher
Lord of the Ring Participant
Characters Handled: Joey Miles

BREAKING: Jerod Barnez Suffers Concussion From Post-Match Attack, Questionable For Melbourne Show

Postby GiggityGopher » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:59 pm

Report by Jeffrey Grey

At Creature From the XWA, Jerod Barnez retained the Supreme Championship in the main event, securing a pinfall victory over The Tarmogoyf. Following the match, the champion got on the mic to express his thoughts on the match and more, but he was interrupted by Grandeza, one of the company's newest competitors on Massacre. While Grandeza's appearance proved a distraction, XWA's current Television Champion, Lx-Tim, snuck into the ring and attacked Jerod, first striking him with a mist to the eyes. This lead to a full-blown assault on the champion, resulting in Jerod taking many chair shots to the head, two Footnote Punts and a Headshot, the signature move of Tim's former stablemate and former Supreme Champion Rob Chapman, before he was left in a puddle of his own blood by the Television Champion.

We have learned that Jerod suffered a concussion from this attack, although we're unclear on the severity. At the moment, Barnez's availability for XWA's next supershow, If You Want Blood, is questionable. The Supreme Championship is to be defended once a month, whether it be at Massacre or a supershow, so if Jerod is unable to compete by the time XWA heads to Melbourne for their next supershow, the championship may have to be vacated. We've received no word yet on who will face off for the title, should it come to that.

While Lx-Tim has yet to make a statement on the reason for his attack, one can assume it stems from his problems with Jerod that began last year, during the formation of ELITE. Of course, Tim did hold the Supreme Championship up after the assault, so one's also got to think the gold is another motive.

More on this story as it develops.
GiggityGopher
Characters Handled: Joey Miles

Re: BREAKING: Jerod Barnez Suffers Concussion From Post-Match Attack, Questionable For Melbourne Show

Postby GiggityGopher » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:26 pm

UPDATE:

Jerod took to Twitter, a few days after retaining his championship and the following attack, to respond to the rumors that he may be unable to compete at If You Want Blood.

Jerod Barnez @SupremeJerod
I won, just like I said I would.

Don't worry, @XWA_BattleZone. I'll be in Melbourne. Nobody can put me down.

Jerod quickly followed up with two more Tweets, sharing his intentions to go after Lx-Tim and Grandeza and stating that he won't lie down, while referencing the fact that it was Lx-Tim who officially ended the career of his father, Thomas Barnez, with an attack in a hospital, following the beat-down Thomas suffered from the entirety of ELITE.

I took out ol' Goyf & I guarantee I'm gonna take out Lx-Tim and his second rate cousin.

Meanwhile, my Supreme Championship is going nowhere

Try to scramble my brains all you want, Timmy.

My dad lied down.

I won't.

While it's unclear if Jerod will be medically cleared to compete at XWA's supershow in Australia, the Supreme Champion is intent on making it.

Return to “XWA Insider”