Massacre #38: Diamonds Are Forever

A MEGA match for the XWA World Television Championship on the penultimate episode of Massacre for 2018!
Gopher
XWA Lead Booker
Characters Handled: Joey Miles
Danny Diamond
Alicia Miles

Massacre #38: Diamonds Are Forever

Postby Gopher » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:57 am

”He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the paaain of bein’ a maaan!”

Avenged Sevenfold’s “Bat Country” plays as the audience gets loud with a mixture of cheers and jeers; mostly consisting of the latter.

Mark Sanction |
”It seems we’re getting a follow up on Danny Diamond’s absolutely appalling attack on Sean Young last Massacre. What does this psychopath want?”

Tempest |
”I don’t know, but I can’t imagine anyone being too happy to see him right now.”

Danny pops out from behind the curtain, dressed to kill. His unnecessarily expensive suit is comprised of black bottoms, a black top under a glossy golden jacket and a gold and pink striped necktie, complete with luxurious indoor sunglasses because, yes, he’s that much of a dick. And, on top of all that, Danny is of course sporting his signature haughty grin.

Mark Sanction |
”Look at him. He’s just so proud of himself, isn’t it? He attacked a man with a barbed wire covered baseball bat and for what? What could Sean Young have done to deserve that?!”

Tempest |
”I don’t know what his motives are but he definitely doesn’t look like he did two weeks ago. No mask, a suit of a much different style and, well, that bat is nowhere to be seen.”

Mark Sanction |
”This is all just some sort of joke to him, isn’t it? Disgusting.”

’The Prized Gem’ makes his way down the ramp, the grin never leaving his face despite the boos and angry shouting coming from the fans throughout the arena. This definitely doesn’t seem like the cruelly destructive, violent man seen last Massacre. This is Danny Diamond.

Mark Sanction |
”Why is he even allowed in here after what he did? This man shouldn’t be allowed in an XWA arena again!”

Tempest |
”As horrible and seemingly uncalled for as last show was, we’ve seen people do worse in the past and still be allowed in here. Although I fear what Danny has in store for the future might force us to change that.”

Danny walks up the steel steps and gets onto the ring apron, where he proceeds to wipe his shoes clean before entering through the middle and top ropes. Once in the ring, the 2WWF icon walks towards the far side and asks for a microphone. Hana Ramierez gets up and passes one along to the Englishman, who turns back to the center of the ring and gets ready to speak with his music dying down, only to be interrupted by chants from the audience.

”Asshole! Asshole! Asshole! Asshole! Asshole! Asshole! Asshole! Asshole!”

Danny stands there, listening. He nods his head sarcastically as they continue to let him know what they think of him. Once the chanting finally begins to die down, he interjects.

Danny Diamond |
"You know it."

Danny’s mouth curls up into what can only be correctly referred to as a shit-eating grin, garnering further boos from the audience.

Danny Diamond |
"So, I've sort of been here and there, now and again, over the past three years. Once XWA -- you know, the other one, where I'm a Hall of Famer -- closed down, I didn't feel the same passion for this industry that I had felt back in '09 when my journey really took off. I mean, I was a multi-time World Champion, a Hall of Famer, I held record after record in both XWA and 2WWF, I took over my father's wrestling school after his death and began creating talented wrestler after talented wrestler ... There wasn't a whole lot I hadn't done. I just began feeling like there was nothing left for me to accomplish. I spent some time in FGA, I spent some time putting my full focus into the School of Excellence, I even had a few matches here, but it just wasn't the same feeling anymore. So I decided I'd do something I hadn't done since I first began my training fourteen years ago; relax. I've been enjoying the 'semi-retired' life with my wife and son. I thought maybe there'd never be a day where I felt that passion again."

Danny looks down, licking his lips to wet them as the speaking started to dry them out. He smirks and faces back up.

Danny Diamond |
"And then I faced Rob again."

The mention of Danny’s long-time friend garners a loud, but mixed reaction from the crowd. Some cheers are even thrown in for the match itself, which was an absolute classic.

Danny Diamond |
"Back in May, I showed up at Massacre thirty to take on my good friend Rob Chapman, a man whom I've had countless battles with before. I came into that match showcasing how impervious I am to ring rust. We laid it all out there that night. In the end, Rob defeated me. I'm man enough to admit that. I was beaten. And I was in pain. Pain that I hadn't felt in years. But much like pain that I hadn't felt in years, that match gave me something else I had not felt in a long time; passion. Passion to step through that curtain, walk down that ramp, step into this ring and show everybody in the world that Danny Diamond is the BEST wrestler dead or alive. I had some affairs I had to get in order before I could officially do this but now it's time for me to say those magical words you've all been waiting to hear for years."

Diamond clears his throat.

Danny Diamond |
"I signed the dotted line."

Once more, the audience is split in their response. On one hand, fuck this guy. On the other hand, an active Danny Diamond signed to compete in XWA? The match possibilities instantaneously begin to fill some heads.

Danny Diamond |
"Starting with my in-ring return at this year's Legends, I'm on the active roster. And, believe me, I won't be taking things slowly. But before I get into Legends and beyond, I think we need to rewind here just a little bit. I have yet to mention the proverbial 'elephant in the room'. Obviously, I can't just come back the way I did and ignore it, right? So let me explain just why Sean Young isn't here tonight."

Any of the fans Danny had managed to get excited for his return instantly go back to rejecting the superstar as he brings up the man he attacked a few weeks ago.

Danny Diamond |
"So, a few weeks ago, Sean Young came out here to announce who he'd be facing at Legends this year. Of course, we never got to hear who he was supposedly gonna go against, because there was a bit of an interruption. I came to the ring wearing a mask that I hadn't worn in years, holding a weapon that I hadn't held in years, and I proceeded to beat Sean within an inch of his life. 'Broken nose' may be a bit of an understatement. So, naturally, people wanna know. Why? Why did I wear Mirage's mask? Why did I attack Sean Young? Well, I guess it's story time."

Danny once again steps to the end of the ring, this time requesting a steel chair from ringside. It’s now a ringside crew member to be the one handing Danny what he asks for. Diamond heads back to the center of the ring and sets the chair up, proceeding to sit down on it. He lifts his right leg up and lays his ankle over his left leg’s thigh in an attempt to get comfortable.

Danny Diamond |
"Alright, where to begin? It's no secret that I've dealt with some ... let's call them issues, during my life. Or should I say issue? Really, it's just the one. The one has a name though, a name I'm sure all of you know very well - Mirage. What started as a voice in my head grew to become something far more dangerous. I began to feel my free will slip away as I watched through the eyes of a maniac. I witnessed, first hand, what Mirage does to people. Firsthand … this hand.”

’The Rubik’s Cube’ raises his right hand.

Danny Diamond |
“My eyes stared at this hand countless times as it hurt, tortured and destroyed people, but I could do nothing to stop it. I’ve ruined lives, I’ve ended careers, I’ve ki—“

Danny looks down, stopping himself mid-sentence. He stares in between his legs, at the floor, taking a moment to let his mind settle. He takes a deep breath and looks back up.

Danny Diamond |
“My father was a great man. He was very important to me. But that didn’t matter to Mirage. At first, I thought I could control him. But before I realized I couldn’t, it was too late. All the damage he’d done, it was permanent. I knew I had to do something, so I finally went and got the help I so desperately needed.”

Diamond wets his lips again and continues speaking, growing more and more serious in tone.

Danny Diamond |
“I’m an asshole, you’re right. But I’m not Mirage. I’m not responsible for the things he did. The horrible, horrible things … And yet, to some, my issues – my illness – was nothing more than a way to gain popularity. To them, Mirage is just a gimmick. What he made me do was no gimmick. What he did to me was no gimmick. But Sean Young …”

He sneers hatefully, showcasing clear disgust for one of the most beloved stars of 2WWF.

Danny Diamond |
“That mask I wore a few weeks ago as I buried that barbed wire into Sean’s skin? He wore that mask years ago. He paraded around under the alias of Mirage, creating pure chaos with no regard for anyone. But when he did it, it wasn’t because his mind was slipping away second by second. No, when he did it, it was because he was a dying star that nobody cared about anymore and he needed a way to become relevant again. Sean Young took my sickness, my PAIN, and tried to raise his stock with it!”

Just like that, Danny jumps out of his chair, sending it flying back from the momentum. He yells into the microphone, screaming his hate at what he believes Sean Young did.

Danny Diamond |
“He made my disease a fucking gimmick! After all the shit I’ve been through! He had no fucking right! HOW DARE HE?! HOW FUCKING DARE HE?!”

The Englishman stops. He stands still in the center of the ring, breathing heavily as he tries to relax. His eyes dart back and forth, looking out at the now-silenced crowd, but his head doesn’t move. He just stands there, only moving from the breathing. Once he’s ready to speak again, he continues.

Danny Diamond |
“I don’t forget, Sean. I never forget. You made a joke out of my struggles. And hey, I already said it. These people already said it. I’m an asshole. I don’t forgive. So I took your last chance at this dream of yours, your final opportunity to gain everything you’ve worked so hard for, and I burned it into dust. I burned it into ashes, like the ashes of my father who wasn’t here for the birth of his grandson because of what my illness made me do. Your car was stolen and you’re never getting it back.”

The audience jeers at Danny as he references Sean’s story about working hard to get his dream car, only for it to be stolen away from him despite knowing he did everything right; the perfect metaphor for what happened to Sean at Legends two years ago and what happened again when Danny showed up last Massacre. However, as the crowd continues to boo, the dark, gloomy look on Diamond’s face changes in an instant, showcasing a more up-beat smile as his anger seems to wash away in an instant, along with Sean’s career.

Danny Diamond |
“Now, with that out of the way, how about we talk about what’s really important here? Because Sean Young? Sean Young’s not important. He never was and I made damn sure he never will be. What IS important, however, is the triumphant return of Danny Diamond. Now, I don’t know who I’ll be facing at Legends this year but I can guarantee you, no matter who I go against, no matter where we are on the card, it WILL be the main event. I’m gonna steal the show like I always do, proving that I’ve never missed a beat. And then that leads us into two thousand-nineteen. A new year, a new start. I have no doubt that my good friend Lx-Tim will be able to retain the Supreme Championship heading into the new year.”

Naturally, the mention and praise for quite possibly the most hated man in XWA is met with very loud, very heavy booing.

Danny Diamond |
“The guy’s a true history maker, a real class act. Of course, I don’t think his career really reached the heights he could hope for until we formed G.E.M. and took the 2WWF Tag Team Championships. He may have started professionally earlier than me, but I took him to a new level during that period. And look where he is now. One of only two multi-time XWA Supreme Champions. And he’s got great company there, the other being School of Excellence graduate Jerod Barnez. You know, I trained him, not his father. That’s why he’s actually good at wrestling.”

Diamond winks at the camera.

Danny Diamond |
“But Tim, Tim is really something special and he’s shown that here, in these past few years. With another great in Mark Storey by his side, he’s captured this whole company. He even won the first ever, what was it called? ‘No Man’s Land’? Hell of an achievement. Even beat another School of Excellence graduate in Joey Miles. Unfortunate what happened to him, though. Joey showed such promise but the guy’s an idiot. He’ll never reach his full potential. Tim, though – Tim hasn’t reached his yet. That’s the crazy thing. He’s been in this industry for so long and accomplished so much, but mark my words, he’s not at his peak yet. And neither am I. So, truly, from the bottom of my heart, Tim … Congratulations; for all of your success, for all your accomplishments. You earned them.”

Danny smiles. Not a grin or a smirk, but a more genuine smile, showcasing his sincere respect for Lx-Tim. Or so it seems. The smile begins to modify itself, turning right into that signature grin.

Danny Diamond |
“But I’ve been out of the spotlight for far too long. It’s time that changes. Two thousand-nineteen, Timothy … I’m coming for that title. What was it that I used to say? Oh, it’s on the tip of my tongue, but I can’t quite remember …”

Danny rubs his chin as he pretends to ponder the answer for a moment before sarcastically holding his finger up as if he had just thought of it.

Danny Diamond |
“Oh, right, I remember. Sorry, it’s been a while.”

The wrestling Hall of Famer clears his throat, readying himself to speak the three words that have become synonymous with him over the years.

Danny Diamond |
“Diamonds are forever.”

And, yet again, there’s that grin.

Danny Diamond |
“To two thousand-nineteen and beyond. Your God has returned.”

The microphone is nonchalantly dropped out of Diamond’s hand as his music again hits and he exits the ring.

Tempest |
”God … What a dick.”

Mark Sanction |
”Couldn’t have said it better myself. Here’s to wishing Sean a speedy recovery. I truly hope the last we see of him isn’t what Danny did. But for now, it seems Diamond has his sights set on the Supreme Championship.”

The scene fades out to a quick Face Your Demons advert.