Massacre #37: Seeking Treasure, Pt. II

In our main event, it's new LOTR Albion Gale vs World Television Champion Angelica Vaughn! Meanwhile, A.J. Morales begins the search for who has been tampering with his matches recently...
RevolutionJones
Booking Team Member
Booking Team Member
Characters Handled: A.J. Morales
Hyphy Machinery (Dontell Porter & Jason Moana)

Massacre #37: Seeking Treasure, Pt. II

Postby RevolutionJones » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:55 am

”A’right, stop, stop, hold on, hold on, hold on—”

We return from a commercial break just in time to hear that interrupting voice clip before the opening riff to "Reverse This Curse" by Escape the Fate hits the PA. The lighting near the entrance turns gold, vapor starts hissing out of the fog machines, and a highlight reel of clips from A.J. Morales's past matches starts to play.

MARK SANCTION:
Welcome back to XWA Massacre, where it looks like we’re gonna hear from Captain Blondstreak!

TEMPEST:
This is gonna be good...something crazy’s gonna happen, I can feel it.

But the Revolution doesn’t walk out from behind the curtain at the point where he usually would, and the cheers from the crowd slowly start to turn to confusion.

???:
Hey! Hey! Over here!

The producers start flipping between camera angles, trying to find the source of the voice, and when they do, the crowd cheers again. It turns out A.J. isn’t backstage at all; he’s snuck out into the crowd, and he now stands near the edge of the deck, still wearing his pirate costume, with a microphone in one hand and his other arm wrapped around the neck of...someone. It’s not 100% clear who they are, given what we saw A.J. doing earlier in the show, but he’s put a loose drawstring bag over their head for the moment.

A.J. MORALES:
Captain’s Log...I’m about to do some old-school pirate shit. What’s good, Massacre?

The crowd cheers, as they always do when he asks that question, and a couple nearby fans reach out to him. Seeing this, A.J. quickly gives them fist-bumps, then brings the mic back up to his face.

MORALES:
A’right, I don’t know if y’all saw what happened in the back earlier tonight, but lemme just get y’all up to speed. See, before we started this voyage, I had a date with destiny. I had a GWP world title match on Massacre back in the BattleZone. And I would be standing here today as the GWP World Heavyweight Champion, if it wasn’t for the fact that some asshole came along and fucked with the lights so I wouldn’t see it coming when I got rolled up.

The crowd doesn’t like that that happened any more than A.J. does, going by the boos.

MORALES:
And this wasn’t even the first time they tried it, ‘cause I’ve had three XWA matches in a row where they pulled that stunt. Now, I have it on good authority that during that world title match, somebody who runs with Kaida Kagome and her group of...ahem…

A.J. makes air quotes as best as he can, given both his hands are full.

MORALES:
...Very Nice Gentlemen…

Morales rolls his eyes.

MORALES:
...went in the production truck that controls all that stuff. And given when they did that, I think it’s pretty fair to assume that whoever it was, they’re the one who’s been fucking with all my matches lately, they’re the one who screwed me out of finally winning a world title...and once I know who this coward really is, they’re gettin’ knocked the fuck out.

The crowd cheers, and chants of
“A-J! A-J!” start up for a few seconds. He waits for them to die down, then gets back to his point.

MORALES:
But if I’m gonna be the Slayer here, I can’t just load up a crossbow fulla stakes and start blasting anything that moves, right? I mean, even if I get all six of the Stars together to help me out, we’re still talking about an organized crime syndicate. They have the numbers advantage. They can overpower us easily. And even if I get to Kaida herself, I think we all know by this point she’s not just some hack in the ring. She’s tough. She’s skilled. She’s fearless. I’m not gonna be able to just beat the information I need out of her unless I wanna get into a deathmatch first.

A.J. pauses for dramatic effect...

MORALES:
So I decided to bring a little leverage.

A.J. yanks the bag off his captive’s head, and there’s an immediate shout from the crowd. Just as many of them suspected, it’s Aki Yasuko, still knocked out from getting slammed into the camera earlier, with a small trickle of blood on her face from the impact.

SANCTION:
WHAT?!

TEMPEST:
PFFFFFF—!

MORALES:
Kaida-kisama! ¡Mírame, cabrón! I got one of your lieutenants right here. I tried to get the answers outta her, but she wouldn’t tell me which one of y’all stuck their nose in my business. And I need to know who did it, man...that’s worth like 50 treasure chests of gold to me right now, and I don’t wanna have to run through all those “Very Nice Gentlemen” that work for you just to get it. So here’s what we’re gonna do...if you come out here and tell me which one of your people went in that production truck, I’ll let Yasuko go. Even if it turns out she was the one that did it, I’m gonna let her rest up before I come to collect. But if it turns out you gave me the wrong name, then you and every single person that runs with you is gonna pay for it. And if you don’t show up at all? Well...

A.J. leans back and peers into the waters below.

MORALES:
...I mean, she did spend all these years plotting her revenge...it’d be a shame if she got bitten by a shark and it turned out the whole thing was for nothing...

This gets a divided response—on the one hand, this is a hostage situation, but on the other hand, the hostage is somebody the crowd hates. But it’s a loud response nonetheless, and A.J. takes it in stride as he rolls up his sleeve to reveal a stopwatch on his wrist.

MORALES:
You’ve got five minutes, Kaida. Make ‘em count.

A.J. presses a button on the stopwatch, then looks up, staying on his guard in case somebody decides to answer by bum-rushing him. The crowd, meanwhile, starts buzzing with everything from confusion to excitement to disbelief.

SANCTION:
Look, I know Yasuko’s not the most upstanding person on the roster, but...come on! Holding her for ransom, threatening to throw her overboard...is that really the right way for A.J. to do this?

TEMPEST:
I mean...it’s a creative way, if nothing else.

SANCTION:
You just wanna see somebody get thrown off the boat again, don’t you, Temps?

TEMPEST:
That was the funniest part of the whole cruise last year! Why wouldn’t I wanna see it happen again?

SANCTION:
Because—God, I can’t believe we have to go over this again...

[TAG to Kaida Kagome and/or her known associates]
RufusMGS
Social Media Handler
Characters Handled: Kaida Kagome

Re: Massacre #37: Seeking Treasure, Pt. II

Postby RufusMGS » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:46 am

For the first time since Lord of the Ring, Turning Point by Hidenori Shoji begins playing, forcing a sizeable amount of the fans who have missed the irreplaceable brutality of the Yakuza leader to erupt in cheers. The screen cuts to a shot of A.J. Morales' face, an expression of anticipation formed on it. Before a long wait, Kaida bursts through the curtains to confront "Captain Blondstreak". Donning a black dress shirt and dark blue ripped jeans, the casually-dressed Matriarch smiles at the fans' reaction before bringing the microphone up to her mouth, her theme song dying down as the crowd's excitement becomes very audible.

KAIDA KAGOME
"Anata no nihongo o migaki agemashita!"
["Brushed up on your Japanese, I see!"]

The screen cuts back to a smiling Morales, understanding the Matriarch's Japanese.

KAIDA KAGOME
"Aren't you adorable? Holding one of my partners hostage. While I guarantee Yasuko-san's safety, I can't say the same for you, Morales...kun. Because if you think that this whole hostage situation is enough to get to me, then you've got another thing coming. And that thing is my knee to your fucking face. I've done worse to people who crossed me. But let's get to what you made do something as foolish as taking Yasuko-san hostage. Neither I or any of my men had anything to do with the electricity going out during your "matches". If I were you, I'd talk to Bella Quinn and check if she missed any electricity bills. Because we all know that when the Matriarch isn't on The Xperience, ratings drop. Subscriptions drop. No one brings attention to this place like I do."

The fans in attendance waste no time in booing Kaida thanks to her arrogance.

KAIDA KAGOME
"I took a huge piece of your bitch at Lord of the Ring. But you must've missed the show. It's the only explanation for this stupid stunt. So let me make this clear to you: I never considered you my enemy. But you can consider yourself a dead man walking from this moment onward. Because in the so-called "Power Couple of the XWA", everyone knows that you are the weak link. And while XWA Legends is approaching and I have bigger fish to fry, I have no problem exposing you before I get to them."

[Tag to A.J. Morales]
Last edited by RufusMGS on Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
RevolutionJones
Booking Team Member
Booking Team Member

Postby RevolutionJones » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:47 am

Morales nods his head, laughs a little bit, then brings his mic back up.

MORALES:
OK...I see what you’re doing here. The threats, the self-promoting, the getting details wrong...I’d love to respond to all that, but you’ve got, uh…

A.J. looks down at his stopwatch again, then back up at Kaida.

MORALES:
...about three minutes to tell me what I need to know? Maybe less, depending on how much you tiflagrantly try to bullshit? And remember, the more time you waste, the closer Yasuko gets to walking the plank. So don’t give me that “We had nothing to do with it” crap, ‘cause I know that’s not true. I know someone from your crew went in that production truck. And I don’t wanna knock anybody out that doesn’t completely deserve it. It’s not that complicated, Kaida...just tell me who went in the truck, and we can all save ourselves a whole bunch of trouble.

[TAG to Kaida Kagome/her associates]
RufusMGS
Social Media Handler

Postby RufusMGS » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:55 am

Despite the microphone being nowhere next to Kaida's face, the claims being made by A.J. force a very amused and audible laugh from the Matriarch. Stopping to catch her breath before bringing the microphone back up to her face, the "Gokudo" responds to Morales:

KAIDA KAGOME
"Listen up, kid: I get it. You saw my face on the upcoming supershow's poster and that really hurt your feelings, didn't it? Thinking "wow! This very powerful and stunning woman has been here for just under half a year and she's already rendered the likes of me irrelevant"! But what confuses is me is why you'd lay your dirty hands on one of the poster woman's allies and proceed to point your shitty finger at her AND her associates."

The fans in attendance waste no time in doing their best to boo the arrogance out of the cocky Yakuza's existence.

KAIDA KAGOME
"Shit, these assholes are being so loud I almost forgot. Check this shit out!"

Seconds pass before the instrumental version of "Sky is Tumbling" by Nujabes begins playing, sending nothing but chills down the spines of the fans as they begin to dread what may be about to happen to "Captain Blondstreak". With a smiling Kaida standing in the middle of the frame of the camera, ten Kagome family soldiers, split into groups of two, five to Kaida's left, five to her right, stomp their way past their leader. It begins to look like A.J. Morales may have to fight for his life in a few moments. Until...

KAIDA KAGOME
"YAMERO!"
["HALT!"]

Almost as if Kaida had pressed some sort of button to cut the power off that is feeding her henchmen, the Kagome Family's soldiers stop dead in their tracks before their theme music can even completely fade out.

KAIDA KAGOME
"What happens next is in your hands. You either let my associate go, willingly... or! One of my men can proceed to retrieve her for me as the rest make sure you never get to walk again. And hey, while they're at it, they can slam their boots down YOUR THROAT to ensure that my name will never again vibrate outta your dreadful vocal chords. But ponder this before you do anything stupid: My face is on this company's posters. It's on every single piece of XWA advertisement there is. Is it because Bella Quinn is in my pocket? That's a possibility. Could it be that every single person in the production truck fears me? Most likely! So with that in mind, does it sound like it'd be difficult for me or even someone who's affiliated with me to just... switch the lights off? Not to me! So I can kinda understand why you'd think we had something to do with it. Maybe I personally did it to fuck with Emery through her boy-toy. So the real question now is: do you really think it was wise of you to cross me? Find the answer to my question before the hole you dug yourself in grows deeper."

With the most sadistic smile formed on Kaida's face, she lowers the microphone.

[Tag to A.J. Morales]
RevolutionJones
Booking Team Member
Booking Team Member

Postby RevolutionJones » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:04 am

OOC: Sorry this is a bit late! It's too critical to just recap it later, so here's what I've got...

-----

A.J. stops, looks around at the situation he’s in, and thinks it over. Then...

MORALES:
So lemme get this straight...you say you didn’t screw me over, but you totally could have done it or sent someone else to do it for you in order to mess with me and Emery, and you totally have the production crew so shook that they’ll do whatever you want...but it definitely wasn’t you, I’m an asshole for even suggesting it, and—wait, was there something about me actually being mad about you getting marketed and not me getting screwed out of a world title?

A.J. turns to the crowd.

MORALES:
I’m not the only one confused here, am I?

The crowd gives similar noises of confusion to what A.J.’s feeling right now, and he nods at them.

MORALES:
OK, just checking.

With that question answered, A.J. goes back to looking at Kaida.

MORALES:
Look, Kaida...if I ask you one simple question and you spend all that time dancing around it to try and distract me, that only convinces me more that you were the one behind this. But clearly, the only way I’m gonna get a straight answer is if I get off this boat and see if they’ve got any security tapes from that night. So you better brace yourself, Kaida, ‘cause if I get a hold of that footage and I see what I think I’m gonna see, you’re gonna have the wrath of the Revolution coming down on you and your whole clan.

DING! The stopwatch goes off, and A.J. looks down at it before he looks back up at all the Very Nice Gentlemen surrounding him.

MORALES:
Oh, and as for you guys right here? Keep in mind, if you’re ever kidnapped and you only have a certain amount of time to be saved, Kaida just demonstrated that you don’t mean enough to her to be worth saving.

A.J. flings the mic at one of the henchemen, lifts the still-out-of-it Yasuko up into a fireman’s carry, and turns to fling her into the watery depths...

[TAG to Kaida Kagome]
RufusMGS
Social Media Handler

Postby RufusMGS » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:59 pm

With Morales on the verge of going through with his sinister plan to finish off the newly returned Aki Yasuko, Kaida realizes that the time for talk must end if she wants to guarantee Yasuko's safety. But before defusing the situation, the Matriarch decides to drop a bomb on the frustrated A.J. Morales. With her trademark smile wiped off her face, Kaida brings the microphone up to her lips for the final time.

KAIDA KAGOME
"HEY! ANDREW-BOKE!"

Against his better judgement, A.J. decides to hear what the Matriarch has to say as five of the ten present Kagome Family henchmen move forward, while the other five move back to guarantee their leader's safety in the case of an ambush.

KAIDA KAGOME
"Don't bother checking any security footage. Don't waste your time. Because I did it."

The camera zooms in on Morales' face, an expression of pure anger formed on it. As he yells out several obscenities directed at the "Gokudo", the leader of the Kagome Family issues the order:

KAIDA KAGOME
"KARE WO KOROSE!!!"
["KILL HIM!!!!"]

Kaida slams the microphone down on the ground as hard as she possibly can, and as the static hiss emits from it thanks to the impact, the five Kagome soldiers on the frontlines begin to rush forward, forcing A.J. to drop Yasuko's limp body before entering a fighting stance, refusing to go down without a fight. Filled with rage at the fact that Morales had the audacity to kidnap one of their own, the first goon in the group runs directly at Morales, throwing a punch that is easily sidestepped, and as the angry Yakuza member turns around, his head cocks back, nearly leaving his shoulders as Morales counters him with his patented "Fuckin' Slayerrrr" Superkick, knocking him out cold. Morales turns his attention back to the remaining four, who have stepped back, unsure of whether or not they'll be able to take out the "Revolution", who is refusing to back down from them.

KAIDA KAGOME
"Ittai nani wo yattenda?!"
["What the hell are you doing?!"]

Pressured by his leader's angry screaming, another goon decides to go for it, unsheathing a wooden katana, hoisting up over his head as he sprints at Morales and upon reaching him, slashes downward, but before the katana is smashed over A.J.'s skull, A.J. sidesteps, ducks under the attack, stops dead in his tracks as he estimates the spacing between them, leaps up in the air and smashes his boot down on the henchman's skull, landing one of the swiftest Pelé kicks you've ever seen, forcing the goon to fall flat on his rear before losing consciousness. Having scored a "Golden Goal", Morales attempts to quickly make it back to his feet, but unfortunately for him and almost as if they were sharks smelling blood in the ocean, the three remaining members of Kaida's "attack force" take advantage of the opportunity presented to them by rushing Morales before he can make it back to his feet, unleashing stomp after stomp to the chest of the "Revolution", grounding him as the cheers from the crowd are quickly converted into jeers.

TEMPEST
"There it is. This is exactly why it wasn't a good idea to try and fight back. I don't care how good you are, you just can't take on Kaida's entire organization by yourself. A.J. needs to try and retreat. No shame in it when you've got the Japanese mafia hovering over you."

With Yasuko's kidnapper unable to fight back, Kaida approaches one of the five bodyguards surrounding her before giving him a light smack to the head. Realizing that he almost forgot and worrying that something worse than a slap to the head is coming, he proceeds to unsheathe his wooden sword, handing it off to his boss. With her weapon in hand, Kaida quickly rushes over to the unconscious Yasuko before kneeling down, checking on her old friend. Angered by what A.J. Morales has done to her, Kaida issues another order:

KAIDA KAGOME
"Oi! Kare wo mizu ni nagetsukeru! Hayaku!"
["Hey! Throw him into the water! Now!"]

Hearing music to his ears, the biggest brute in the group of three gangsters attacking A.J. smiles at his leader before turning his attention back to the downed Morales, grabbing a fistful of his hair in an effort to force him back to his feet.

KAGOME BRUTE
"Tatte, bakayarou!"
["Get up, asshole!"]

Forced back up to his feet, the "Diamond Slayer" lets out a pained moan, followed by several obscenities aimed at the three gangsters dragging him down to the edge of the ship's deck. Meanwhile, Kaida drops her weapon to lift Yasuko up, handing her off to one of her bodyguards, staying true to her word that she would guarantee Yasuko's safety. With her associate rescued, Kaida looks back at the struggling A.J. Morales before yelling out:

KAIDA KAGOME
"Have fun swimming back to land, dipshit!"

Morales' expression slowly changes from one of pure pain to pure anger. He has been conducting a personal investigation to find out who has been targeting him, and now that he knows who the culprit is, he refuses to let it end this way. Out of pure desperation, Morales lets out a battle cry before slamming his knee against the one of the goons' crotch, breaking the grip he had over the "Revolution's" arm, sending him down to the ground, hands cupping his crotch as he weeps in pain. As the crowd pops big for Morales, he begins to unleash elbows and forearms to the Kagome soldiers, knocking them down to the floor, enabling him to catch his breath. The first Kagome Yakuza to recover is, as expected, the brute, who yells out a Japanese obscenity at Morales before charging at him. "Cap'n Blondstreak's" eyes widen before instinctively sidestepping, forcing the Kagome brute to completely miss his target, smashing into the guardrail, bending it in the process. The Matriarch quickly looks back once more before realizing that her men have shit the bed and lost their grips over the "Revolution". Angered, she orders the enforcer carrying Yasuko to leave the area before sprinting back to the deck, grabbing the wooden katana she left laying on the ground, but before she can make it in time, Morales leaps up in the air with his fist clenched before nearly slamming it through the Kagome brute's skull, sending him flying off the ship and into the water, a loud splash replacing the brute's yell. Having landed a Superman Punch Morales likes to call the "Liberator", a fitting name as it begins to look like Morales may be about to single handedly take out the entirety of Kaida's attack force, he turns around only to see Kaida winding her weapon back.

KAIDA KAGOME
"SHINNE, BAKAYAROU!!!"
["DIE, YOU PIECE OF SHIT!!!"]

BAM!!!, Kaida smashes her weapon against the side of Morales' face, knocking him out cold as his body crashes down to the floor. The fans in attendance gasp in shock, taken aback by the events that they have witnessed as Kaida stands over the "Diamond Slayer's" motionless body, referees rushing past her to fish the Kagome brute out of the water. The Matriarch steps away from A.J., turning her attention to the camera, commanding the cameraman to get a close-up of Morales' face, a command which the cameraman promptly obeys. Breathing heavily, Kaida kneels down, grabs a handful of A.J.'s hair and pulls his head up, pointing his unconscious face at the camera.

KAIDA KAGOME
"Like I said: Dead. Man. Walking."

With her message sent and delivered, Kaida slams A.J.'s head down on the ground before swiftly pushing herself back to her feet. Proud of her work, she stares at Morales' motionless body, smiling. But as she turns her attention to the unconscious Kagome family members, the smile fades, replaced with with an expression of anger. Knocking A.J. out cold and trash talking him isn't enough. The images of him attacking a high profile associate in Aki Yasuko earlier in the night flash in the Matriarch's head, and the more she thinks about what he has done, the angrier she gets. And in that moment, Kaida snaps as she unbuttons the top of her dress shirt, deciding to finish what her soldiers couldn't do as she grabs a handful of Morales' hair and begins to drag his limp body to the edge of the deck. As the fans begin to process what she has planned for the "Revolution", Kaida maintains the grip she has over his hair as she props him up against the bent guardrail. With A.J. beginning to regain his consciousness, Kaida steps back before hitting her own version of his "Fuckin' Slayerrrr" Superkick, the force behind it sending "Cap'n Blondstreak" flying off the ship, and just as the sound of Kaida's brutal kick stops echoing, it is immediately followed up with a loud splash, sending shivers down the spines of everyone in the area. Everyone but Kaida Kagome, that is. With the fans gasping in pure terror and referees rushing past the Matriarch to save Morales' life, the scene fades to black on a smiling and satisfied Kaida Kagome...

Closed

Return to “Massacre #37: Battleship”