[VOTE] Lord of the Ring Quarterfinals: Kaida Kagome vs. Jerod Barnez

Round Two of our Lord of the Ring Summer Tournament, as we search for our 2018 winner!
Michael Swift
Booking Team Member
Booking Team Member

[VOTE] Lord of the Ring Quarterfinals: Kaida Kagome vs. Jerod Barnez

Postby Michael Swift » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:43 am

Who is ready for round two? It's...

Taped from the XWA BattleZone in Chicago, Illinois (1500 Capacity)
Broadcast exclusively on The Xperience!

XWA Lord of the Ring Quarterfinals, Group One Match B

ImageImageImage

Kaida Kagome vs. Jerod Barnez

In what promises to be a brutal display of violence, Kaida Kagome finds herself in the ring with Jerod Barnez! Neither wrestler are strangers to warpaths, but only one can move on! Will it be the Kaida wrecking ball that has been on fire since coming to the XWA? Or will it be the Barnez bulldozer that became the first two time Supreme XWA champion?

WORD COUNT:

--------
Deadline for matches is 2nd July 2018 at 11:59 Eastern Standard Time.
Voting will start at this time and conclude on 7th July 2018 at 11:59 Eastern Standard Time.
[CST is one hour earlier. GMT is five hours later.]
RufusMGS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Characters Handled: Kaida Kagome

Re: Lord of the Ring Quarterfinals: Kaida Kagome vs. Jerod Barnez

Postby RufusMGS » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:32 am

Lord of the Ring: Quarterfinals - Demon Vs. God

As Kaida's path of destruction carried her through the first round of the Lord of the Ring summer tournament, what awaits her in the quarterfinals is unlike anything she's experienced thus far. The Descendant of a God - Jerod Barnez. If the first ever two-time XWA Supreme Champion wasn't a difficult enough challenge for the "Gokudo", Barnez revealed what he had done to the legendary Ace Acid. A shell of his former self, Acid was re-introduced by Barnez as nothing more than a pet. A broken man with a leash around his neck, Acid is an attack dog ready to be unleashed on whomever decides to stand between Barnez and LX-Tim, another former member of Elite, the same group that brutalized Thomas Barnez right in front of his son. With the odds stacked against her for the second week in a row, Kaida Kagome must pull out all the stops to ensure she moves past Jerod Barnez and take one more step towards becoming the XWA Supreme Champion. Luckily for Kaida, the Kagome Family which she revealed earlier on aided her in devising a back-up plan in case her match with "Supreme" Jerod Barnez went south. With a back-up plan at the ready and after declaring her defiance, Kaida looks to make an example out of both Jerod and Ace to prove to everyone in the XWA that she is here to stay and that she belongs at the very top of the company. A spot she is willing to claim by any means necessary...
Backstage...

The scene fades in on backstage interviewer Holly Hunt standing next to the much larger Jerod Barnez who is accompanied by... whatever is left of Ace Acid inside the disturbing masked shell we see before us, his leash tightly gripped by the man simply known as "James" whom Jerod hired to accompany him and Ace during his entrance. Holly, looking justifiably disturbed, brings the mic up to her lips before interviewing Jerod.

LAURA STARK
"I am backstage here with Jerod Barnez, James and... Ace Acid... J-- Jerod, what are your thoughts on what Kaida Kagome just revealed?"

JEROD BARNEZ
"My thoughts? I think it's cute that she hired a couple of I don't even know what the fuck. Stunt doubles? Actors? Doesn't really matter. It's fucking hilarious that she thinks she'll last any longer than Chris Novak did in the first round. What do you think, Holly?"

LAURA STARK
"Uhm... I don't know, I..."

JEROD BARNEZ
"What's the problem? Oh, I know. It's Ace."

Before Laura could even take a breath before responding, Jerod suddenly turns his body around to face the masked, straightjacketed Ace Acid before dropping him with a stiff elbow, forcing the audience watching on the titantron to gasp in unison. As Ace Acid whimpers on the ground, "Supreme" Jerod slams his foot down on Ace's throat.

JEROD BARNEZ
"You see what you just fucking did?! You're scaring her!!!"

Laura Stark slowly backs off before running away from the scene as Jerod abuses the defenseless, whimpering Ace Acid. James attempts to calm Jerod down but gets grabbed by the throat and lifted off his feet for his troubles.

JEROD BARNEZ
"Did I give you permission to tell me what to do? HUH?!"

JAMES
"N-- No... sir... argh...!"

Jerod literally growls at James before tossing him through the nearby monitor, knocking him out cold as the audience look on at the titantron in horror.

JEROD BARNEZ
"Fuck this. Let's go."

Jerod leans down to tighten the collar around Ace's neck before grabbing onto the leash, pulling him away from the camera's view as Ace lets out the most disturbing screams you've ever heard. A muffled "VIRGIL!!!" is heard before the screen cuts to the announcers' table where Mark Sanction is sandwiched between Adam Fenric and Emery Layton.
MARK SANCTION
"I have no words... what the hell did we just see? Has Jerod lost his mind?"

As Mark Sanction struggles to find the words to describe what we had just witnessed, Emery and Adam remain silent.

MARK SANCTION
"I mean, we all understand where Jerod is coming from when it comes to his hatred for the former members of Elite after what they did to his father but this is just sickening. You don't treat a human being like that."

As Sanction shakes his head in disgust, we cut to another angle of the ringside area to see Hana Ramierez standing in the middle of the ring, preparing herself to introduce the competitors for our next Lord of the Ring summer tournament match. After a few moments of silence, the trademark first verse of "I'M A MOTHERFUCKING BEAST!!!" echoes throughout the arena as the fireworks go off. With the Southpaw Remix of "Beast" by Rob Bailey & The Hustle Standard ft. Busta Rhymes, Kxng Crooked and Tech N9ne kicking in full gear, Jerod steps through the curtains, wearing his signature black sunglasses and an entrance shirt, pulling the fallen Ace Acid by his leash, the screams barely audible as they are drowned out by Jerod's theme song. A very small number of fans boo Jerod while the others are simply... silent. Shocked by what they're seeing. "I'M A MOTHERFUCKING BEAST!!!" echoes once more, prompting Jerod to start walking down the ramp, tossing his sunglasses behind him before pulling Ace along with him, a disgusting smile formed on the face of "Supreme" Jerod.

HANA RAMIEREZ
"INTRODUCING FIRST: From Detroit, Michigan, weighing in at 291 pounds... he is "The Descendant of a God"... "Supreme"... JEROD... BAAAAAARNEZ!

EMERY LAYTON
"How is this allowed? Everyone 'ere is quiet as hell and I'm feelin' 'em."

With even the resident wisecracker finding it difficult to find anything funny about what we're witnessing, Jerod continues pulling the defenseless Ace Acid down the ramp, switching to one arm as he raises his other arm, holding it up in the air. Upon reaching the ringside area, Jerod roughly pulls Ace off the ground by the leash, tying it up with the ring post. After making sure the leash is nice and secure, Jerod slaps Ace across the face, forcing the shell of a legend to whimper once more, cowering in fear of Barnez. Jerod lets out a sadistic laugh before jumping up on the apron, almost in perfect sync with "I'M A MOTHERFUCKING BEAST!" being yelled out once more. Barnez enters the ring, laughing at the shocked crowd, loving every second of his special punishment for his pet: Ace Acid. After basking in the atmosphere of the moment for a few seconds, Jerod climbs the top the turnbuckle in the same corner as the one he had tied Ace Acid to. He slowly raises his arms in the ring, leaving them up there as he looks down on cowering Ace Acid, laughing. He lets out a sigh of relief before jumping back down to the mat as his theme song dies down. It doesn't take long after that for the lights to go out as "Turning Point" by Hidenori Shoji begins blasting out the PA system, building up as Kagome's shadowy figure appears atop the stage. Some lights begin flickering as the theme song builds up but once it finally kicks in, the lights come back on, revealing Kagome standing in the middle of the stage, in her ring gear, microphone in hand instead of her usual sword. The crowd begins booing Kaida, but not as ferociously as they were before. Perhaps some are secretly rooting for her to defeat the twisted Jerod Barnez? Who knows. It doesn't change anything for Kaida, who as per usual, begins to walk down the ramp all while ignoring every single fan on the way down the ramp.

HANA RAMIEREZ
"And his opponent: From Osaka, Japan, weighing in at 137 pounds... she is the Gokudo... KAIDA... KAGOME!

EMERY LAYTON
"Ugh."

MARK SANCTION
"The Gokudo is here and surprisingly, she is not accompanied by her "brothers" as she described them earlier."

ADAM FENRIC
"Perhaps there's a semblance of honor to this vile woman."

Kaida reaches the end of the ramp before raising her arm up, signaling for the producers to stop the music to which they comply as her theme song dies down...

KAIDA KAGOME
"Barnez-san. I'm so glad to see you. You're looking extra arrogant today, aren't you?"

Jerod lets out a scoff as he nonchalantly paces back and forth, completely unphased by Kagome's presence, a cocky smile on his face.

KAIDA KAGOME
"And of course who could forget about Ace Acid? How ya doin', buddy? You look even worse than you did at the beginning of the night."

The nearby cameraman zooms in on the tied up, masked Ace Acid who is literally hissing at Kagome.

KAIDA KAGOME
"Now. Jerod. I know you're not taking this seriously. At all. And I can't accept that. You see, I've done my research on every single one of you idiots. And you... you are a specimen. And I refuse to beat you so easily because you are refusing to give this your all. So... I had to, uh... motivate you."

And with a smile on her face, Kaida turns her attention to the titantron which slowly reveals a man tied up in a dark room. Gagged. Sweaty. In danger. That man is none other than Thomas Barnez, surrounded by Kaida's Yakuza brethren. The Yakuza pour some sort of liquid all over old man Barnez, forcing him to angrily grunt as he does his best to break free of the chair he's tied to. The fans gasp in shock at this before the screen cuts to a close up of Jerod's face. His cocky expression? Gone. Nowhere to be found. His eyes light up with the same fire we saw on that fateful night when Elite handcuffed him to the ropes while they beat the living hell out of his father. He begins yelling at Kaida, screaming his head off. "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?! YOU FUCKING CUNT!!!" Kaida lets out her signature maniacal laugh, bringing the microphone back up to her red lips as Ace Acid begins letting out those disturbing sounds again, the sight of Thomas Barnez triggering some sort of PTSD no doubt.

KAIDA KAGOME
"YES! THERE YOU ARE! Don't worry, Barnez-san! I won't hurt him! My brothers won't hurt him. But they will if you don't beat me. I told you, Jerod. What you did that man? Doesn't scare me. I've done worse. And I will do worse to "Old Man Thomas". The only way to guarantee your father's safety is to pin me, submit me, knock me out, whatever! Just give it your all! Do you understand?"

JEROD BARNEZ
"I'M GONNA FUCKING KILL YOU!!!"

KAIDA KAGOME
"Yatte. Miro. Yo."
[I. Dare. You.]

Kaida drops the mic. Just like that, she has unlocked Jerod Barnez's full potential. This is the Jerod she wanted and this is the Jerod she's getting. Before the microphone can even finish hissing due its drop, Kaida jumps up on the apron before springboarding into the ring. She goes for a clothesline, but realizes that Barnez is in position to Gore her right out of the air, forcing her to adapt to the situation. She lands on the mat, gracefully rolling underneath a clothesline by Jerod.

Ding!
Ding!
Ding!

With ridiculous speed, Kaida turns to Jerod before unleashing a brutal set of kicks aimed at the big man's left leg. She lands kick after kick after kick, forcing Jerod to stumble, but he powers through the pain, fueled by anger. He charges towards Kaida, tackling her, lifting her off her feet with ease as he continues charging her to the corner. The sound of Kaida's back impacting against the turnbuckles in the corner forces everyone in attendance to brace themselves as Jerod starts to unload with forearms to Kaida's face. Kagome, realizing that she is not getting out of the corner while Barnez is full of stamina and anger, begins to turtle, doing her best to block his strikes although the strength behind his flurry of forearms and elbow deal their damage nonetheless. After withstanding about ten seconds of offense by Jerod, Kaida attempts to duck under Jerod, but he quickly grabs her by the throat! "I don't think so!" Jerod harshly slams Kaida against the corner once more, refusing to let go of her throat as he begins to choke the life out of her. The referee, Tommy Tickles, begins to count Jerod down. 1! 2! Kaida's eyes are about to pop out of her skull. 3! 4! Jerod finally lets go of her, Kaida dropping down to the bottom turnbuckle, coughing. She takes a deep breath but before she could collect herself, Jerod begins to unload with a series of stomps aimed directly at Kaida's chest. Stomp after stomp, the crowd begins to divide as a part of them get behind Jerod while the others boo him. As heinous as Kaida's actions were, Jerod is the man responsible for what Ace Acid has become, and this subset of the audience refuses to let that go. Finally, the referee pulls Jerod off of Kaida, forcing a break. Jerod backs off before turning his attention to the titantron, the image of a helpless tied up Thomas Barnez still etched in his memory. He's not about to let anything like that happen to his father again, but to prevent it, he must defeat Kaida Kagome, a woman he has begun to take seriously in his own, twisted way. Jerod begins to feel the heat, the pressure, realizing that he can't waste any time here. He has to put her away. He pulls his smaller opponent away from the corner, forcing her back to her feet. Kaida attempts to elbow Jerod across the face, but he quickly hands her the receipt in the form of a stiff discus clothesline! With Kaida's body sprawled out in the middle of the ring, Jerod goes for the quick pin, smashing elbow across Kaida's face as he hooks her inside leg:

One!
Tw-- Kickout!

ADAM FENRIC
"I never thought I'd say this, but I'm glad Barnez is putting this terrible woman in her place."

EMERY LAYTON
"..."

Jerod, impressed by the fact that Kaida somehow kicked out, wastes no time in continuing the offense. He grabs a handful of Kaida's hair, pulling her off the mat. He pulls her head back before screaming into her face: "You could've stayed down. Now you'll have to--" before Jerod is able to finish his sentence, Kaida snaps her head back further before slamming her forehead against Jerod's, headbutting him and breaking his grip over her in the process! The audible screams from Ace Acid disturb everyone in the front row as Kaida rolls away from Jerod. She points at Jerod before taunting him, begging him to "bring it on!". Jerod shakes the headbutt off but is too experienced to fall for Kaida's trap. He gets into his stance, slowly stalking Kaida. The fans begin to get louder as they've begun to get into the match's action, too distracted by the intensity in the ring to think about how evil these two competitors are yet still divided as dueling chants begin.

"Let's go, Kagome!"
"Let's go, Jerod!"
"Let's go, Kagome!"
"Let's go, Jerod!"

Kaida is the first to make a move, throwing a left hook aimed directly at Jerod's jaw, but Jerod quickly evades it, kicking Kaida's right leg out in the process. Kaida lets out an audible pained yell, falling to one knee. Barnez is quick to make his move at this point, quickly turning to hit the ropes, rebounding off of them before channeling all of the momentum into a run boot to Kaida's face. The colored sole of Jerod's boot finds its mark, almost booting Kagome's face in. He goes for yet another cover but Kaida kicks out before the referee gets into position to count. Jerod, angrily, grabs a handful of Kaida's hair once more, this time opting to slam her head into the mat. Over and over and over again, Jerod stops just short of slamming Kagome's head through the mat. He gets to one knee, pulling the now limp Kaida up with him. He tucks her head under his arm as he grabs her wrist, slinging it over and around his neck. In perfect position for a suplex, Barnez hoists the "Gokudo" up in the air, leaving her there as he begins to squat in the middle of the ring! The crowd begins to boo this display of arrogance from "Supreme" Jerod who is still squatting in the middle of the ring, taunting the defenseless Kagome. After about fifteen seconds, Barnez finally drops Kagome on her back, the impact shaking the ring and forcing Kagome to arch her back in pain. Jerod decides to go for another pin but this time, he plants his knee across Kagome's face, signalling the ref to start counting:

One!
Two!
Kickout!

EMERY LAYTON
"Ahh, what a beautiful sight that is. Kagome's stupid face crushed under Barnez. This arsehole tossed me out the Rumble at Worlds Collide but he's still not KAIDA FECKIN' KAGOME!"

Jerod lifts his knee off the stunned Kaida's face. He gets back up to his feet, opting to leave Kagome laying in the center of the ring. It appears that Barnez is looking for his signature Gore, looking to end things once and for all. "The Descendant of a God" grabs onto the top rope in the corner, crouching as Ace lets out some muffled screams behind him. Is he cheering his "master"? Who knows at this point. All we know is Jerod Barnez is in the prime position for a Gore, the same finisher he used to secure a win for XWA at Worlds Collide when he faced off against IYHWF's Michael Diablo. A win he got for himself. But this match has become more than getting wins for himself. This match offers a chance at redemption for Jerod. A chance to rescue his father this time around. With all of these thoughts running through Jerod's mind, he begins to pace back and forth in the corner, waiting for Kaida to get back up to her feet. As Kaida stumbles towards the opposite corner, she grabs onto the ropes, using them as support to pull herself back up. As soon as her feet are firmly planted on the mat, Jerod charges directly at her, leaps in the air and Gores nothing but the steel post in the corner as Kaida evades it at the very last second! Every single fan, on their feet, wince at the impact, the sound of Jerod's body colliding against the steel ringing throughout the arena. With Jerod in trouble again, the disturbing muffled screams from Ace Acid return as Kaida shakes her head off, catching her breath. Seeing Jerod slowly backing away from the corner, she takes advantage of the opportunity to swing the match in her favor. She quickly runs at Jerod, dropkicking him, sending him crashing heart-first against the top turnbuckle. An audible and pained yell is heard from Jerod as Kaida gracefully jumps over the top rope, landing on the apron before leaping in the air, grabbing Jerod's head and slingshotting it off the top ropes, sending him crashing down to the mat as the crowd pops big for the fact that Kaida has somehow managed to bring the big man down. Noticing him down on the floor but not out cold yet, Kaida begins stomping on the apron, waiting for Jerod to get back up to his feet. She begins screaming at him in her native tongue, unable to contain her excitement to possibly put Jerod down. Jerod finally gets on all fours before pushing himself off the mat, bouncing back up yet still dazed. Looking to seize the opportunity, Kaida jumps up in the air, planting her feet on the top ropes before springboarding off them, possibly looking for a forearm to the face of the "Supreme" Jerod but in a blink-and-you'll-miss-it motion, Jerod turns the tables on the airborne "Gokudo" by planting her with a sitout powerbomb, sending shockwaves throughout the arena as referee Tommy Tickles begin the count!

One!
Two!
Thr-- KICKOUT!

MARK SANCTION
And she kicked out! Incredible resiliency from the "Gokudo"!"

EMERY LAYTON
"Cool, I get to watch this little bitch get her arse handed to her some more!"

As Kagome flies off Jerod as a result of her aggressive kickout, a surprised look begins to the form on the face of the first ever two-time XWA Supreme Champion. Barnez is in shock. Surprised by the sheer fact that Kagome has lasted this long against him. But "Supreme" Jerod is too confident to begin doubting himself as Kagome lays on her side, breathing as heavily as she can, the powerbomb she endured knocking all the wind right out of her. As referee Tommy Tickles begins to check on the wounded "Gokudo", Jerod begins to back away once more. Looking for the Gore once more. And this might be the one. This is the one he's landing. He's turning someone inside out with this Gore, and it has Kaida's name written all over it. Kaida now manages to grab onto the ropes again, pulling herself up, but she's got another obstacle between her and dodging yet another Gore from an enraged Jerod Barnez. As soon as she gets to her feet, referee Tommy Tickles begins questioning Kaida if she can continue the match. That's when the imaginary light bulb goes off inside Kagome's head. She sees Jerod charging his Gore up, and the referee is checking on her. She begins to fake out her movement, making it seem like she's about to step toward Jerod and upon seeing that, Barnez charges full force once more, looking to Gore Kagome right out of her kickpads, but at the very last second, Kagome grabs onto the referee's shirt before swiftly switching positions with him as Jerod Barnez Gores the official, turning him inside out to a huge pop from the crowd!

EMERY LAYTON
"TOMMY NO! THIS JERK JUST SACRIFICED TOMMY SO SHE COULD SURVIVE!"

MARK SANCTION
"As cunning as ever! The "Gokudo" refuses to let anything stand between her and achieving her goals of winning this match!"

Realizing that he had Gored the referee, Jerod quickly turns around to face Kagome, but by the time he sees her coming, she lands a clothesline on him, sending him both over the top ropes, crashing down on the concrete. As both competitors recover from their landing, Jerod notices Ace Acid attempting to reach Jerod, holding his hand out yet unable to break free from the ring post his leash is tied around. As Kaida begins crawling away, trying to separate herself from Jerod to recover, Barnez experiences his own "eureka" moment. Using all of his strength, Barnez, pulls himself up to his knees before starting to untie Ace from the ring post, the fans in attendance popping huge for this moment as Ace Acid is about to be unleashed on the "Gokudo"! The camera man gets up and close on Jerod untying Ace's. After about ten seconds of extremely loud cheering from the crowd, it gets even louder when Ace Acid is set free!!! Jerod grabs onto Ace's arm, who was just about to immediately dart across the ringside area to attack Kagome, who is resting against the barricade opposite Ace and Jerod. Jerod begins instructing Ace as the camera picks up the words being exchanged here.

JEROD BARNEZ
"There she fucking is! Just like I taught you, Ace! Alright? Alright?!"

ACE ACID
"Yes, Master! Yes, Master! I understand, Master!"

JEROD BARNEZ
"GET HER!!!"

Ace, finally untied, rushes towards Kagome with ridiculous speed and ferocity! As Kagome shakes her head, she sees the unchained Ace sprinting right at her, almost as if he's about to Gore her! At the very last second, Kaida yells something out in Japanese before jumping out of the way as Ace Acid Gores nothing but the barricade Kaida was just resting against, completely destroying it and knocking himself out cold in the process!

EMERY LAYTON
"Jaysus, that sounded like a feckin' explosion!!!"

MARK SANCTION
"Ace Acid is out cold!!!"

Kaida, laying on the concrete, looks at the carnage she was almost involved in, a look of shock on her face. For the first time since arriving in the XWA, Kaida may have just felt a semblance of fear. Having narrowly avoided complete destruction, the "Gokudo" spots Jerod recovering behind the steel steps. She immediately stumbles back to her feet before making a dash towards them, looking to kick the steel steps to crash them against the skull of "Supreme" Jerod. Upon reaching the steps, however, Jerod immediately kicks the steps, sending them flying towards her, flattening her in the process as the fans wince at the image of Kagome underneath the steel steps. Jerod, seeing Kagome buried under the steps, grabs onto the steel post, pulling himself back up to his feet. He begins to stumble towards the wreckage, grabbing the steel steps before lifting them off of Kaida, who appears to be unconscious. Jerod peeks inside the ring, making sure the referee is still unconscious. After noticing Tommy Tickles' lifeless body, a sinister smile forms on Jerod's face as he begins lifting the steps up, looking to crush Kaida's skull in.

MARK SANCTION
"Oh god. Oh god, what is this? He's gonna kill her!"

ADAM FENRIC
"These two will stop at nothing to get the win. I say let him do whatever he wants at this point. Nothing held Kaida back from, ahem, kidnapping his father."

As the fans are on their feet, bracing themselves for one of the most brutal attacks they'll ever see on XWA, Kaida quickly slips her hand out from under the ring before whacking Jerod across the face with her signature wooden katana! The fans pop big for Kaida's sudden attack as Jerod does his best to keep his grip on the steel steps. By the time he has shaken it off, Kaida is on her feet, winding her wooden katana back before smashing Jerod across the left side of his face, snapping the katana in half as Jerod drops the steel steps before falling to his knees.

KAIDA KAGOME
"Plan B, motherfucker!"

Realizing that Jerod is completely defenseless and the ref is still unconscious inside the ring, Kaida pulls out yet another wooden katana!

ADAM FENRIC
"WHEN did she hide those things?!"

Kaida takes a few steps back away from Jerod, perfecting her aim, priming her strike with the katana. She winds the wooden katana as far back as she can before...

KAIDA KAGOME
"Plaaaaaaan C!!!"

WHACK! Kaida smashes the katana across the right side of Barnez's face, the wood snapping in half again, the crowd yelling out upon impact. With that, the table has officially been turned on Jerod Barnez. He had been dominating the majority of the match, but in Kagome's head, her undefeated streak will live on now. There is no way Barnez survives two wooden katanas smashed across his face. She drops the intact half of the katana before grabbing a handful of Jerod's tights, barely managing to pull him off the ground before tossing him back inside the ring. She leans against the apron, breathing heavily. She wipes the sweat off her forehead before grabbing onto the ropes, pulling herself up to the apron. Before she has a chance to enter the ring, the crowd suddenly pops big for something and we soon find out that they were reacting to Ace Acid making it back up to his feet as he throws his entire weight at Kaida, crashing into her as they both collapse back down to the floor. Ace, still in his straightjacket and out of options, mounts the stunned Kaida before smashing his masked face against Kaida's nose, landing a disturbingly brutal headbutt. Kaida quickly holds her hands up, attempting to block the incoming headbutt, but the sheer strength and rage behind the headbutt breaks through the "Gokudo's" defense, smashing her face once more, blood beginning to pour out of her nostrils. In an act of pure desperation, Kaida returns the favor by elbowing Ace across the face, sending him flying off her, almost convulsing in pain on the floor, unable to defend himself. Kaida begins to crawl away from Ace, stumbling back up to her feet. She covers her nose, realizing Ace managed to make her bleed. She tastes blood. She smells blood. She needs to draw blood out of Ace. Her expression changes from one of pain and confusion to pure, sadistic enjoyment. She rips her fingerless gloves off, exposing her knuckles as she stalks the downed Ace. Properly returning the favor, she mounts the helpless Ace Acid before unleashing with a flurry hard straight rights and lefts to the masked, straightjacketed man.

EMERY LAYTON
"Jesus Christ, I can't let her do this"

ADAM FENRIC
"Emery, do not get involved!"

EMERY LAYTON
"He can't defend himself, Adam!"

ADAM FENRIC
"Sit down, Emery!"

Some of the fans in the front row, justifiably, look away from this sight, unable to withstand the sight of Kaida brutalizing the helpless man. As the screaming dies down, Kaida pushes herself off of him, leaning against the apron as she looks down at the unconscious, brutalized Ace Acid, blood trickling from his mask. She smiles, almost as if she's proud of her work as the fans in attendance proceed to almost boo her out of the building. In an act of defiance, she grabs her gloves and angrily tosses them at the crowd, trash talking them in the process. Feeling accomplished and satisfied with herself, she turns her attention back to Jerod inside the ring. She wipes the blood off her nose before rolling back inside the ring. The second her feet are firmly planted on the mat however, she looks up only to see a charging Jerod, finally landing his Gore on the unsuspecting Kaida! The crowd pops huge for Jerod's sudden comeback as he quickly hooks both legs... but the referee is still out cold. Jerod stays in the pin, hoping the ref wakes up any second now. The crowd begins to count the pin for Barnez:

One!
Two!
Three!
Four!
Five!

EMERY LAYTON
"He got her! Wake up, Tickles, ya eedjit!"

Realizing that the referee will not be waking up in time, Jerod pushes Kaida's legs away, stumbling back up to his feet as he approaches the referee. As Jerod pulls the ref back to the center of the ring, Kaida begins crawling towards the ropes, positioning herself right in front of the hard camera. As Jerod slaps the referee around to wake him up in the background, Kaida rolls out of the ring, stumbling as she makes her way to the nearby ring crew, demanding a microphone. Meanwhile Jerod, having finally woken up the referee, realizes that Kaida is no longer in the ring. He spots her outside, but before he can make his way to her, she brings the mic up to her mouth before simply stating:

KAIDA KAGOME
"Agh... ah... kyodai... kōgeki!"
["Brothers... attack!"]

MARK SANCTION
"What? What did she say?"

Purposefully choosing to speak in her native language to confuse everyone, Kaida succeeds as Jerod looks around in confusion, the audience not knowing how to react as Kaida rolls back inside the ring, resting against the nearest bottom turnbuckle, catching her breath. Jerod, however, has other ideas as he rushes towards Kaida. He quickly finds out that Kaida was exaggerating her status as she kips up, wrapping her legs around Barnez' neck before planting him face first into middle turnbuckle! Jerod staggers, backing away from Kaida before a loud static sound echoes throughout the arena shortly before the titantron displays a familiar scene. But this time... Kaida's men have already started attacking the defenseless Thomas Barnez, landing multiple punches to his face before the feed cuts off again. Jerod stands in the middle of the ring, screaming his head off in anger.

JEROD BARNEZ
"HEY!!! THE MATCH ISN'T OVER! HEY!!! KAIDA, YOU FUCKIN--"

Boom. As soon as Jerod turns around, Kaida slams her exposed fist against Jerod's heart, stopping him dead in his tracks. The fans gasp in shock but Kaida doesn't give them any time to process what they had just witnessed as she lands a combination of strikes, all aimed at Jerod's chest, knocking every last bit of wind out of his lungs. Finally, she slams both fists against his skull before leaping in the air and slamming Jerod nose-first against her right knee, sending Barnez flying to the mat as the crowd goes dead silent.

MARK SANCTION
"Essence of Skullfucking! Barnez is down and his nose is pouring!"

KAIDA KAGOME
"You're finished, Barnez!"

Kaida signals for the end as she rips the kickpad and knee pad off her right leg, slapping her knee as she stalks the stunned Jerod Barnez. He starts to slowly make his way back up as his nose is literally pouring with blood. Jerod, starting to doubles of everything, pushes himself up but finds himself in the most dangerous position he can be in now. Barely balancing himself on one knee, Kaida sprints the ropes opposite Jerod, rebounds before using Jerod's own leg as she lands her most brutal Shining Dragon yet! Her exposed knee smashes Jerod's face in as more blood comes flying out. Realizing that this may be it, Kaida quickly lays on top of the first ever two time XWA Supreme Champion, pinning him as the injured Tommy Tickles begins to count as fast as he possibly can:

One!
Two!
Three!

The bell rings, signifying the end of the match as Kaida flops off of the unconscious Jerod Barnez. "Turning Point" by Hidenori Shoji begins playing, the crowd wasting no time in booing Kaida out of the building. The brutalized "Gokudo" crawls out of the ring, collapsing on the concrete. She lays on her back, her stomach heaving, completely out of breath.

HANA RAMIEREZ
"Here is your winner... the Gokudo... KAIDA... KAGOME!

The boos grow even louder as the cameraman pans out to highlight all of the chaos that had transpired in this war of a match. The unconscious body of Ace Acid's laid out on the floor, the motionless Jerod Barnez being tended to by paramedics. Did the crowd want Jerod to win? Not really. They were against both competitors from the start, both heinous, malicious and downright sadistic competitors. But they did not expect things to spiral out of control in the way that they did. A broken legend destroyed on the outside. Barricade destroyed. Both Kaida and Jerod came into this match with plans of their own, but it was the "Gokudo" that proved that there is literally no line she won't cross to guarantee her spot as the best of the best in the XWA. With five wins in a row since her debut, Kaida continues to dominate and survive downright unwinnable odds. After taking a moment to recover, Kaida barely makes her way back up to her feet. She begins to limp up the ramp and soon as she's halfway up... "Sky is Tumbling" by Nujabes begins playing, prompting the crowd to immediately begin booing as the Kagome Family's theme blasts through the PA system. A group of five Yakuza step through the curtains and with them is the unconscious body of Thomas Barnez. Thankfully, he doesn't appear to be too injured. No blood. Just bruises. The Yakuza toss him down the ramp as Kaida limps past him, laughing as the five men bow deeply to their leader. Upon reaching the top of the stage, Kaida turns around one last time to appreciate her handiwork. The unconscious Jerod Barnez. Thomas Barnez. Ace Acid. It was a successful night for Kaida. A night she won't soon forget...
GiggityGopher
Lord of the Ring Participant
Lord of the Ring Participant
Characters Handled: Joey Miles
Alicia Miles

Re: Lord of the Ring Quarterfinals: Kaida Kagome vs. Jerod Barnez

Postby GiggityGopher » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:57 am

Hana Ramierez: ”The following is a second round match of the two thousand and eighteen Lord of the Ring tournament and it is scheduled for a one-fall.”

”I’M A MOTHERFUCKING BEEEAST!”

The Southpaw Remix of ‘Beast’ hits the PA System as Jerod Barnez pops out from behind the curtain with his hands held high in fists. However, tonight, Jerod is not alone. Alongside him is James, the man hired to be Ace Acid’s handler, although Ace himself refers to him as Virgil for some odd reason. James holds the leash attached to Acid’s straightjacket collar, pulling the former 2WWF World Champion along. Jerod looks at his new ‘pet’, who wears a mask reminiscent of the one worn by Hannibal Lector. Barnez grins and begins his march to the ring, with James pulling along Ace behind him.

Hana Ramierez: ”Introducing first, from Detroit, Michigan and weighing in tonight at two hundred and ninety-one pounds, he is the first ever two-time Supreme Champion of XWA, ‘Supreme’ Jerod Barnez!”

Mark Sanction: ”Ladies and gentlemen, it is time for perhaps the most interesting second round Lord of the Ring match, as we’re about to put this man, Jerod Barnez, against the undefeated Kaida Kagome. As you can see, Jerod has with him a man in a straightjacket and mask, being leashed to the ring. In case you missed it earlier in the night, that man is Ace Acid, a legend of this industry. Ace was instrumental in the retirement of Jerod’s father two years ago, along with the other members of Elite and, honestly, I have no clue what Jerod has done to turn him into this … this zombie, we see today.”

Adam Fenric: ”I’ve heard of this Ace individual, but I’ve got to say, he can’t be all that he’s been spoken of if he allowed another to break him down so.”

Emery Layton: ”I don’t know, man. We know Jerod’s capable of some bad things. I just can’t imagine what kinda bad shit he did to that guy. Creeps me the hell out, anyway.”

Mark Sanction: ”Acid’s state left the audience speechless earlier tonight and we know there’s not much that can do that to XWA’s fans. Trust me when I say this, whatever happened to him, I doubt any of us really want to know.”

Upon reaching the ring, Jerod walks up the steel steps and enters the squared circle through the middle and top ropes. On the outside, James walks Ace to a corner of the ring and proceeds to tie Ace’s leash to the steel post. Once finished, James walks off, leaving Acid to stand in silence outside the ring. Back inside, Jerod stands on the middle turnbuckle and raises his fists again.

Mark Sanction: ”Look at that, he has Ace tied to the damn post like a dog! That’s a human being there!”

Adam Fenric: ”Perhaps he’s only a human being in appearance, anymore. I feel as though this man is nothing more than an animal now, caged by a straightjacket and waiting to be set on Jerod’s opposition at a moment’s notice.”

Jerod drops down to the canvas and takes off his sunglasses, nonchalantly tossing them out of the ring. He takes his shirt off and does the same with that. Barnez stands against a corner of the ring, taking a moment to stretch his muscles as his theme song dies down. Replacing it is “Turning Point” by Hidenori Shoji, as the arena’s lights go out. A shadowy figure appears at the top of the ramp, standing there until seventeen seconds into the song, when it fully kicks in and the lights turn on. The figure is revealed to be Kaida Kagome, leaning against a sheathed katana. Kaida makes her way to the ring.

Hana Ramierez: ”And his opponent, from Osaka, Japan and weighing in tonight at sixty-two point one-four kilograms, she is ‘Gokudo’ Kaida Kagome!”

Emery Layton: ”Ugh.”

Mark Sanction: ”Relax, Emery. I know you and Kaida have had some issues recently, especially after her threats earlier in the night, but try to remain calm. You’re here to call these matches, not get involved.”

Emery Layton: ”I know, Mark, I’m fine. She just urks me. I’m not a big Jerod Barnez fan by any means, especially after he eliminated me in the World’s Collide Rumble, but I hope he gives Kaida her first loss here tonight.”

Mark Sanction: ”It’s definitely a fascinating situation, these two facing off. Jerod is very accomplished here in XWA and, even before his ‘partnership’ with Ace Acid, he was considered a very dangerous man, yet Kaida showed us earlier tonight that she’s not intimidated by him in the slightest.”

Emery Layton: ”Well, why would you be when you’ve got the fookin’ Japanese mafia on your side? Christ, you got one of ‘em torturin’ a dude into being his slave and you got the other one with a Gaddamn army of gangsters at her disposal. This used to be a wrestlin’ show.”

Adam Fenric: ”What a ways it has come.”

As Kaida reaches the ring, she holds her katana horizontally and bites down its sheathed blade, but before she could jump onto the apron, her eyes wander off to the side where she sees Acid standing, unmoving and silent. The unnerving site would rattle most anybody, but Kaida turns her focus back to the ring and jumps up, grabbing the middle rope to get on the apron. Kagome turns to the cameraman, slowly taking the katana out of her mouth and letting out a sinister smile, before finally entering through the ropes. Kaida gracefully places her wooden katana on the canvas, allowing a ringside worker to transport it to the commentary table, where it won’t be in the way. ‘Gokudo’ rips her blazer off, exposing the dragon tattoo on her back. She turns her attention to Jerod, staring at him from across the ring.

Mark Sanction: ”Jerod verus Kaida, here we go.”

XWA referee Wayne Johnston calls for the bell as Kaida’s music fades out.

DING! DING! DING!

The two individuals step towards one another in the center of the ring, a staredown commencing. Jerod has his usual grin plastered on his face as Kaida looks at him with a noticeable lack of emotion, focused on sizing her opponent up, rather than attempting to intimidate him. Barnez speaks quietly, saying something to Kaida that isn’t loud enough to be picked up by the camera. Kaida’s eyes widen in anger and that’s all we need to know about what Jerod just said to her.
”KUSO KURAE!” Kaida shouts, as the action begins with the Japanese woman unloading on her much bigger opponent with a variety of fast, yet hard-hitting strikes, combining open palm hits, elbow shots and forearm attacks. Jerod, having not expected this sudden onslaught from someone he clearly came into this match underestimating, is slowly backed up to a corner of the ring as he tries, with little success, to block Kagome’s fiery offense. Once she has him cornered, Kaida swirls into a Spinning Heel Kick aimed at Barnez’s mid-section, which causes him to double over. Swiftly, she brings her foot straight up into his face, forcing him to shoot back to a vertical base, and she lands a second Spinning Heel Kick, this time connecting with Jerod’s jaw! Finally, Wayne steps in to break this up, as Barnez is in the corner, touching the ropes. He grabs Kaida and pulls her back, telling her to calm down as he does so. The undefeated newcomer obliges and Wayne lets go of her, but as Jerod takes a step out of the corner, Kaida rushes forward and flips into a Koppu Kick that knocks Barnez backwards and causes him to fall into a seated position against the bottom turnbuckle!

Emery Layton: ”Don’t know what the hell Jerod said to her, but Kaida’s pissed! Knowin’ him, he probably deserved it. Kaida’s absolute friggin’ gobshite, but I can’t say I don’t enjoy seeing this big oaf get knocked around.”

Mark Sanction: ”This is, quite honestly, not how I expected this one to start. I’ve never seen Jerod get taken to task so quickly before. Of course, with it being a first meeting between these two and Kaida’s insanely impressive time here so far, I’m not sure how I did expect this to start.”

Kaida continues the attack by stomping repeatedly on the seated Barnez, only stopping once the official intervenes again. She eases up, causing Wayne to back off for the time being. Kagome pulls her American opponent to his feet and grabs a hold of his hand, looking to Irish Whip him across the ring, but Jerod wraps his free arm around the top rope, preventing Kaida from being able to pull him away. The big man waits for her to stop tugging and, hurriedly, unhooks his hand to drill into her face with a forearm strike, causing Kaida to stumble backwards. Barnez shakes off the unfortunate start of the match for him and steps to his opponent, but she hits him with a straight kick to the stomach, doubling him over. She then grabs his head with one hand and uses her other arm to nail the former Supreme Champion in the cheek with forearm smash after forearm smash! Barnez, having enough of this, uses his sheer strength to push Kaida back with one hand, sending her flopping onto the canvas, where she quickly rolls back onto her feet and stares down Jerod from across the ring. The audience lets out light cheers for the early going in this match. Neither superstar is particularly liked here, so watching them beat each other up is perfectly fine with the fans.

Mark Sanction: ”As fast and hard-hitting as Kaida is, Jerod just showed there with one quick push that his strength is going to be a big problem for her in this match. He doesn’t have a glass jaw. Jerod can take a whole lot of hits and keep going. Combine that with the fact that he can out-power most, if not all, in XWA, things can take a turn for the worse at any point, for Kaida.”

Emery Layton: ”What a shame, that’d be.”

Adam Fenric: ”Regardless of your disdain for Kaida, or mine for that matter, this is a dangerous match for both involved and I’m very intrigued by how things are going early on.”

Jerod, and the audience as well, are surprised at what happens next. Kaida, under half of the weight that Barnez is, offers a test of strength. Skeptical at first, Jerod’s arrogance leads to him accepting with a laugh. They entwine the first pair of hands and Jerod looks at Kaida’s second hand, ready to hold onto that one as well, when suddenly he lets out a pain-filled scream caused by Kagome biting down hard on his finger! Wayne admonishes her and begins a five count; Kaida releases her grip at four.

Emery Layton: ”Did she just fookin’ bite him?”

Adam Fenric: ”An interesting strategy, to say the least.”

Enraged by Kaida’s antics and dominance thus far in this match, Jerod angrily throws a punch, but Kagome ducks under it and hits him numerous kicks to the side of his leg. She attempts to follow this up with another Spinning Heel Kick, but he catches her foot this time, surprising the Japanese wrestler. Barnez finally gets a good shot in as he throws her foot down and plows into her with an absolutely devastating short-length Lariat that practically takes her head off!

Mark Sanction: ”Kaida’s whole family could feel that one! Jesus!”

Barnez grabs Kaida by the hair and yanks her back to her feet, evening the ‘admonished by Wayne’ count with his opposition. He tosses her into the nearest corner of the ring with such little effort needed. The former Supreme Champion lays into Kaida’s mid-section with Shoulder Thrust after Shoulder Thrust, weakening her as much as he can before Wayne can count to five to force the break. Once he ends his barrage of attacks, Barnez pulls Kagome in and wraps his arms around her mid-section, proceeding to lift her off of the canvas and send her flying over-head with a Belly-to-Belly Suplex! The big man leaves Kaida no time to recover as he instantly begins pulling her back to her feet, briefly taking a moment to drill her in the side of her head with a stiff knee strike as he’s doing so. He grabs the XWA rookie by her throat and lifts her above his head, holding her in the air in Gorilla Press-fashion. As he’s taking clear control of the match, Jerod’s earlier anger begins to subside and gets replaced with a wave of confidence. This comes out in the form of an arrogant smirk on Jerod’s face, as he begins to toy with his opponent while simultaneously showing off his strength. Barnez starts using Kaida as work-out equipment, pressing her up and down while he does squats at the same time. He enjoys the moment for as long as he feels necessary, before finally dropping Kaida onto his shoulder and violently banging her into the canvas with an Oklahoma-style Slam. Jerod goes for a rather condescending pin attempt, pressing his elbow against her chest as he lies comfortably and fakes a yawn into his hand before resting his head against it during the referee’s count.

ONE!

TW – Kick out!

Mark Sanction: ”Kaida started off this match brilliantly, but Jerod is now showing why he’s a two-time Supreme Champion.”

Adam Fenric: ”A bit too much showsmanship for my liking, but he’s managed to completely turn this thing around. That Lariat appears to be all he needed to take control.”

Emery Layton: ”I’ve got a pretty severe case of the eye rolls at Jerod turnin’ this match into a work out, but I’m definitely bloody enjoyin’ Kaida gettin’ her ass beat.”

Barnez gets back to his feet and wastes little time in continuing to dissect his opposition. From outside the ring, Ace Acid watches; his eyes darting back and forth between Jerod and Kaida while his mask hides the biting of his lips in anxious waiting. Jerod grabs Kaida by the head and lifts her to her feet, dragging her towards the nearest corner. He lifts the undefeated Kagome into a Scoop Slam, positioning her perfectly in front of the turnbuckles for what he has planned next. Although Jerod is a big guy, he’s known to be deceptively agile and, on occasion, he likes to take to the air for a certain move. It seems Jerod thinks now is as good a time as any to squash Kaida like a bug under his two hundred and ninety-one pounds. He steps onto the middle turnbuckle and makes sure his balance is perfect. With surprising grace for a man of his size, Jerod leaps from the second turnbuckle to the third, following up with a second leap into a back flip, looking to land the Double Jump Moonsault! As his descent is nearing its end, however, Kaida rolls inwards towards the corner, coming with perfect timing that allows her to roll into a kick that catches Jerod right on the jaw while the rest of his body hits nothing but canvas! The audience members pop for the athletic maneuver by Jerod, but even more-so for Kaida’s unique counter.

Mark Sanction: ”Excellent reversal there by Kaida! Just as Jerod looked like he was going to crush his opponent with surprising athleticism, Kaida showcased not just her agility, but her ring savvy as well.”

Adam Fenric: ”I don’t think I’ve ever quite seen an aerial move reversed in that exact way before. Quick in agility, yes; quick in thought, even more-so.”

Jerod rolls to the near set of ropes and begins using them to pull himself back to a vertical base as Kaida gets up on her own will, albeit somewhat slowly due to the barrage of offense she just had to endure from Barnez. ‘The Descendant of a God’ leans against the top rope as he tries to regain his bearings, but he gets no chance to do that as Kaida lets out a loud yell and drills Barnez in the side of the head with a Roundhouse Kick, knocking him over the rope he was leaned against and sending him flipping to the outside! ‘Gokudo’ drops down and rolls out of the ring on the side of the squared circle to the left of where Jerod was knocked out. Wayne begins a ten count. She stops as she steps on the outside floor, noticing the leashed Ace Acid in her path.

Emery Layton: ”Fookin’ tempt him, Kaida. Do it.”

Mark Sanction: ”What would he even do to her with a straightjacket on?”

Emery Layton: ”Shit, you’re right. Someone go unlock that thing.”

The two individuals look at each other, silently. They both stand there, not moving an inch. The arena grows quiet as the audience watches, looking to see what will happen next. Gradually, Kaida starts inching towards Ace as she stares directly into his cold, damaged eyes. Their pupils stay fixated on one another’s while Kaida nears the wrestling legend. Abruptly, she stops, mere inches away from the leashed man. She leans her head in towards his, gently. Their foreheads almost touch, when something happens. Ace Acid, the legendary competitor, the man who’s made a legacy for himself in this industry … flinches. With Kaida so close to his face, he begins shaking in fear. Is it because he’s near defenseless, unable to prevent her from attacking him if she so wishes? Is it because he’s no longer capable of what he once was? Perhaps it’s not out of fear for Kaida, but rather, out of fear for what Jerod would do if he knew Ace made a move without his order. Whatever the case is, this man – this icon – stands there, locked in a straightjacket, mouth covered by a mask, trembling in fear while Kaida stares directly into his terrified eyes. At first, Kaida’s expression turns to one of confusion. She had heard so much about who Ace Acid is and what he’s done in his career. To see a man such highly acclaimed for his talent and love of violence shuddering behind a mask, frightened so easily, she has to wonder just what it is that Jerod did to him. This look of confusion soon changes, however, as Kagome begins to smile. Shortly after, the smile turns to laughter. What amuses her isn’t Acid’s state, but, rather, the realization that Jerod is a lot more dangerous than she thought he is. And that … that makes this so much more fun for her.

Kaida pulls back from Ace, allowing Jerod’s servant to breathe just a little bit. She winks at him and then continues walking, leaving the broken man behind. At least, that’s what Ace thinks she’s doing. Once she steps out of Acid’s peripheral and he finally begins to calm down, Ace is floored courtesy of a Black Mass-style kick from Kaida, hammering him in the back of the head! The fans fill the arena with boos, feeling pity for the once-legend who’s been torn apart physically and mentally. Kaida’s lack of empathy and abundance of malevolence even sparks chants of ‘Fuck You, Kaida!’ in between rhythmic clapping, which only serves to further amuse her.

Emery Layton: ”What a friggin’ coward! He couldn’t have done anythin’ to protect himself there!”

Adam Fenric: ”I honestly don’t think Kaida would’ve hesitated to strike him even if he was freed. It was about sending a message.”

Emery Layton: ”Yeah, we’ll see about that if Jerod sets him free!”

The referee, now up to a count of six, yells at Kaida for attacking Ace, but she ignores his yelling. She does roll into and back out of the ring, though, forcing him to restart his count. Once Kaida makes it to Jerod, who’s nearing a vertical base by the ring, shaking off the cobwebs of this match so far, she grabs the unexpecting man by the back of his head and mashes his face into the steel post! Blood begins to trickle down Jerod’s forehead, but Kaida’s not done there. She turns Barnez around and presses her hand right across the new wound on his head, proceeding to slam the back of his head into the post now! Barnez slides down to a seated position, leaning against the poll. Kaida looks at the blood on her hand and smiles almost lovingly, proud of the sight. Wayne yells at Kaida again, but he continues his count when he realizes she really doesn’t care about what he has to say. She decides to up the ante, having realized she needs to be more brutal than she’s been after that interaction with Acid. Kaida reaches down and grabs the padding that protects the wrestlers from the hard, concrete floor beneath, and she begins to yank that padding up.

Mark Sanction: ”Jesus Christ, this is bad! Jerod’s been busted open from the steel post and this will make things a whole lot worse for him!”

Once the floor in that area has been efficiently exposed, Kaida rolls into and out of the ring a second time, forcing Wayne to restart his count again, much to his chagrin. She grabs Jerod by the ears, pulling him back to his feet. The Japanese wrestler proceeds to knee Barnez in the mid-section and she follows this up by wrapping her arm around his head in a Front Facelock. Kagome positions herself for a DDT, aimed at the exposed floor! Saving himself from a very bad situation, Jerod hurriedly pushes himself forward, driving Kaida back-first into the side of the ring and forcing her to let go! Barnez doesn’t bother continuing the attack and instead slides in the ring, looking for a moment to gather himself.

Mark Sanction: ”Jerod escapes what could’ve been a concussion, or possibly worse!”

Adam Fenric: ”It’s as if something in Kaida’s mindset had changed after that interaction with Acid. The way she threw Jerod’s head into the steel post there, it had an absolutely frightening sense of purpose to it. Exposing the floor like that, however … Jerod’s lucky he got out of there.”

Inside the ring, “Supreme” Jerod looks over to where Ace is supposed to be and his eyebrows burrow as he doesn’t see him. The Detroit native walks over to the edge of the ring and peaks outside to see that Ace is downed. ”What the fuck are you doing?!” shouts Jerod, unaware of what happened between Ace and Kaida. Just as he grabs the top rope to exit the ring, Barnez is stopped by a sharp stomp-like kick to the back of his knee from Kaida! Barnez’s leg buckles under the pressure and Kaida continues the assault with rapid, heavy-hitting elbow strikes aimed directly at the back of Jerod’s head, right where it hit the steel post moments ago. The strikes land precisely and with purpose, forcing Barnez into a dazed state. With him like this, Kaida pulls him away from the ropes and, in an attempt to put an end to this contest and guarantee herself a spot in the semifinals, Kaida applies a three-quarter Facelock and leaps into the air, attempting to spin her way into the Shikei; an Asai DDT that transitions into a Leg Scissors Dragon Sleeper – Kaida’s submission finisher! However, perhaps due to his adrenaline kicking in, Jerod spins as Kaida is flipping over him and catches her on his shoulders in a Fireman’s Carry! Hurriedly, the former Supreme Champion pushes Kaida up and transitions into a Powerbomb set-up. Fighting through the pain his head so heavily feels, Barnez rushes forward and, with serious power, throws Kaida off of his shoulders, sending her crashing into the corner with a Buckle Bomb! Kaida’s head snaps back into the top turnbuckle and she stumbles forward, almost about to fall, only to be stopped due to a spinning Jerod thrashing her with a Discus Elbow Strike that violently whips her onto the canvas! Despite their heavy disdain for Jerod, the audience cheers this big combination after Kaida’s actions on Ace. Jerod drops down on top of his opponent for a pin attempt, hoping this is it.

ONE!

TWO!

THRE – Kick out!

Jerod rolls off of Kaida and slams his fists into the canvas out of frustration.
”Motherfucker!” he can very audibly be heard shouting.

Mark Sanction: ”Kaida almost caught Jerod with the Shikei, but he came up with a great counter that nearly ended the match just then! Kaida is sure as hell a tough wrestler, but I almost expected her to stay down for the count after the absolutely brutal Powerbomb and Elbow combo.”

Emery Layton: ”She’s resilient, I’ll give her that.”

Jerod looks at Kaida and notes that she’s momentarily down, regardless of the kick out. He rolls out of the ring to check on Ace. The big man yanks his straightjacketed ‘friend’ back to his feet and scolds him. ”What the hell were you doing?! You watch the damn match! Don’t move unless I tell you to move!” Ace, frightened, unsteadily nods in agreement. Barnez scoffs and wipes a bit of blood from his head. He reenters the ring, leaving Acid behind, as Kaida is getting up with help from the ropes. Not wanting to give her time to breathe, Barnez grabs his adversary by her head and yanks her into the center of the ring. Holding her head down, Barnez lays into her with a flurry of knee strikes to the face, alternative between knees with each hit! Once he feels Kaida’s body start to go limp, he stops the bombardment of knee strikes and he places his hands under her arms. Jerod tosses Kaida straight up into the air, catching her on his shoulders and jumping into a ring-shaking Sit-Out Powerbomb! The move ends in a seated pin attempt.

ONE!

TWO!

THRE – Kick out!

Infuriated by yet another kick out, Jerod shoots back to his feet and gets in Wayne’s face, almost ready to beat some sense into the official but forcing himself not to, to avoid disqualification.

Mark Sanction: ”Both of these competitors have been through a lot in this match and it’s getting to Jerod.”

Adam Fenric: ”He needs to stay focused. Kaida’s down now, but she’s proven how incredibly dangerous she can be at a moment’s notice.”

Jerod tries to calm himself down. He turns his focus back to Kaida and attempts to pull her back to her feet, but she fights back. Several punches hit Barnez in the stomach, but it’s to no avail. All this does is anger him further and he grabs the Japanese wrestler by her throat with both hands, yanking her back to her feet and tossing her all the way across the ring! The momentum of the toss causes her to roll after the landing and she goes under the bottom rope, but she manages to keep herself on the apron by clutching at the rope in the last moment possible. Kaida begins using the ropes to get to her feet on the apron, unaware of exactly the position she’s in due to fatigue. Jerod, however, is precisely aware of her situation; standing on the apron directly in front of the exposed floor outside of the ring. With a sinister smile coming across his face, he kneels down, readying himself for a sprint as Kagome pulls herself back to her feet. Once the timing is opportune, Jerod bursts forward, looking to take her off of the apron with a Gore! Kaida somehow has the wherewithal to side-step out of the way, however, and catches the incoming beast with a kick to the head, leaving him draped over the middle rope!

Emery Layton: ”Holy bloody fook, man, that might’ve just ended Kaida right there! I hate the bitch, but I don’t want to see someone get hurt that much.”

Noticing that just outside this part of the ring is the area of the floor she uncovered earlier, Kaida begins to piece together a new plan. She pulls Jerod the rest of the way through the rope and onto the apron with her. The Osaka native attempts to lift Jerod onto her shoulders with a Fireman’s Carry, but the combination of Jerod’s weight and Kaida’s exhaustion prevent her from being able to do so. Barnez uses this moment of unsuccessful lifting to his advantage and catches Kagome off guard with a forearm strike to her mid-section, causing her to let go of him and clutch at her ribs. Hurriedly, Jerod punches Kaida in the stomach, forcing her to double over. He then places her headin between his legs, before lifting her onto his shoulders, looking to send her off of the apron and onto the concrete with an exceedingly treacherous Powerbomb! Some fans in the crowd audibly gasp at this potentially happening.

Mark Sanction: ”No, no, no!”

As Jerod turns to face the outside, Kaida speedily grabs the top rope and manages to pull herself into the ring and off of Jerod’s shoulders. Before Jerod can fully turn around to try to remedy this, Kaida nails him with a hasty Roundhouse Kick to the side of the head, nearly knocking Jerod off of the apron, but he manages to stay on by holding the top rope! Ready to cause some permanent damage, Kaida gets back onto the apron behind Jerod and applies a Waist Lock. She turns and looks to take Jerod to the floor with a German Suplex, but Barnez grabs the top rope both hands!

Mark Sanction: ”Now it might be Jerod going!”

The audience gasps again as Kaida desperately tries to pull Jerod off, but his grip is too strong. Thinking quickly, Kaida lets go of Jerod’s waist and pounds her fists on his arms, forcing him to let go just long enough for her to re-apply the Waist Lock and successfully pull him off the apron; the back of Jerod’s head slams into the concrete floor below off of the German Suplex! Chants break out all throughout the arena of the fans’ reaction to this excruciating move; ‘Holy Shit!’

Mark Sanction: ”Jerod Barnez just got German Suplexed all the way to the exposed Goddamn floor! Enough is enough with this match!”

Emery Layton: ”Holy shit is friggin’ right, man! Ouch!”

Adam Fenric: ”I don’t care how big and how tough that man is. With all the trauma his head has experienced so far in this match, to be slammed right onto the back of it just then, he’s not leaving tonight a victor and he may very well not be leaving tonight on his own two feet.”

Wayne opts out of beginning a ten count and instead slides right out of the ring to check on Jerod. Kaida brushes past him and rolls into the ring. She gets up and heads to the center where she spreads her arms out wide, posing with a smile like a warrior who just slayed a beast. “Gokudo” even begins laughing exhaustedly, something that she does even more once the audience starts raining down boos on her. From outside the ring, Ace peaks over the steel post and looks at Jerod with worry in his eyes. Those eyes soon widen, however, as he sees the big man push Wayne out of the way. Kaida’s laughing stops as she becomes confused by the audience’s sudden change from boos to cheers. She turns around and sees Jerod Barnez standing there. Blood has covered his face by this point, he can barely stand at the moment and his body is shaking from the pain in his head, but there he is, standing tall, much to Kaida’s chagrin. ”I’m still fucking standing,” Jerod exhaustedly says, as Wayne reenters the ring behind him and Kaida grinds her teeth with anger. Her expression changes in an instant, surprisingly, as she smiles, before responding, ”Not for long.” Kaida rushes forward, looking to take Jerod down with another Koppu Kick, but the big man manages to sidestep her. Wayne, however, isn’t so lucky. The referee is cracked over the head and taken down!

Mark Sanction: ”The referee’s been hit!”

Jerod takes this opportunity to rush towards Kaida, but Kagome, fully aware that the rules have just gone out the window, stops Barnez dead in his tracks with a very sharp kick to the groin, as quickly as she can! The audience boos the kick, seemingly having taken to Jerod’s side throughout the match.

Emery Bloody: ”Fookin’ ref’s been out less than five seconds and she kicks him in the dick!”

Adam Fenric: ”It’s clear Kaida doesn’t care about fighting clean. She just wants to cause as much damage as she can.”

As Jerod drops from the groin shot, a metaphorical lightbulb goes off over Kaida’s head. She slides out of the ring and makes her way to the commentary table. Emery instantly stands up, ready for a fight if Kaida tries something funny with her, although Adam tries to yank her back down, to no avail. Kaida looks at her and then looks at Adam. She smiles almost respectfully and looks back up at Layton. Emery’s confusion by the seemingly polite expression is dissolved quickly as Kaida launches, over the table, a big wad of spit right into Emery’s face! The former Supreme Champion angrily attempts to attack Kagome, but Adam jumps out of his seat to hold her back as Mark gets mixed up in everything as well. Kaida sarcastically waves at them and then grabs her wooden katana from the table. She unsheathes it and returns to the ring with it in hand and her focus set to Jerod, who’s now on a single knee, trying to get back up. Kaida briefly looks at Wayne to make sure he’s still down and, once confirmed that he is, she turns back to Barnez. The extraordinarily vehement being utilizes all of her strength to nail Barnez over the back of the head with the wooden katana; a strike so hard that it breaks the blunt object in half! A portion of the audience cringes at the brutality of this strike as Kaida notices the referee coming to.

Mark Sanction: ”Jesus H. Christ, she just broke a wooden katana right over Jerod’s head! How is he even conscious anymore?!”

Emery Layton: ”This is bullshit! She just spit on me and I can’t go in there and kick her bloody ass?!”

Adam Fenric: ”No, Emery, you can’t. There’s a very important tournament match happening. One that might well be over in a second here.”

Kaida hurriedly kicks the wooden pieces out of the ring to avoid a potential disqualification and then goes for the cover. Wayne, still on the canvas, sees this and crawls over to get a good view of Barnez’s shoulders, proceeding to count an unintentionally slow count.

ONE!

TWO!

THREE – Kick out!

Mark Sanction: ”How the hell did he kick out?!”

It’s now Kaida who angrily turns her attention to the referee. As Wayne slowly starts getting to his feet, she shouts at him in her native tongue of Japanese, but, eventually realizing that is getting her nowhere, she turns back to Jerod. Barnez, despite everything he’s been through in this match so far, is still getting up, currently on all fours. This suits Kaida just fine, however. An ominous smirk comes across her face as she leaps into action. Kaida rushes to Jerod and leaps into the air, pressing her boot against the back of his head and ramming him face-first into the canvas with the Yubitsume; a devastating Curb Stomp! Following this, instead of going for the pin, Kaida excitedly shimmers her way to the opposite side of the ring to create distance. She kneels down, ready to finally take Jerod out.

Mark Sanction: ”Yubitsume! And now Kaida is calling for the end, once and for all! If she hits the Shining Dragon, that has to be it!”

Emery Layton: ”Come on, ya big meathead, get her!”

Kaida waits surprisingly patiently, needing Barnez to get to a knee so she has something to step off of for her Shining Wizard-like finisher. Jerod begins to stir. His body shakes from the pain he’s in, but he continues trying to push himself back to his feet regardless. Despite the many bad qualities Jerod possesses, one of the few good ones has always been his resiliency. As he pushes and pushes to get himself back up, his mind races with thoughts of the Supreme Champion, Lx-Tim. He knows that this tournament is his ticket into not only a shot at the Supreme Championship, but a shot at taking Tim out like he’s wanted to do for so very long now. There’s no way he can lose this opportunity now. Finally, Jerod reaches a knee and Kaida is ready to strike. Just as she begins to move forward, however, Jerod uses everything he has left in his body – all the strength, all the adrenaline, all the will – and he bursts back to his feet, racing to Kaida and meeting her in the center of the ring with one of his most exhausted, yet hardest hitting Gores of all time! The crowd jumps out of their seats as Jerod crashes next to Kaida, having used up the very last bit of his juice. Fortunately for him, his arm landed draped over Kaida’s chest, officially making it a pin attempt.

Mark Sanction: ”Gore! Gore! Gore! Gore!”

Emery Layton: ”Oh fook!”

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

DING! DING! DING!

”Beast” plays throughout the arena as Jerod rolls off of Kaida, although he isn’t quick to get to his feet. Blood covers his forehead, along with sweat, as he stumbles while getting back up.

Hana Ramierez: ”Here is your winner, by pinfall, ‘Supreme’ Jerod Barnez!”

Mark Sanction: ”What. A. Match. These two tore each other apart tonight and, in the end, Jerod manages to end Kaida’s undefeated streak with one of the most brutal Gores I think I’ve ever seen!”

Emery Layton: ”Either one could have taken this one, but man – I can’t believe I’m going to say this, but I’m glad Jerod won! I better be able to get my hands on Kaida soon!”

Adam Fenric: ”Very impressive showing from both involved, personal disdain aside. I can’t imagine how Kaida will respond to this loss, however.”

As Ace’s handler James makes his way back down the ramp, Jerod staggers out of the ring, wanting to get as far away from Kaida as possible, now that this war is over. James unties Ace’s collar from the ring post and he, along with Ace, follow Jerod up the ramp. In the ring, Kaida begins to stir as she turns her attention to the ramp while still down. A look that can only be described as pure, unadulterated anger comes across her face. Being knocked out of the Lord of the Ring tournament isn’t what upsets her. Knowing that she threw all she did at Jerod and he was able to survive – that’s what upsets her. Nevertheless, it’s clear Kaida is far from done terrorizing the XWA roster. All that remains to be seen is who is next for her.
Michael Swift
Booking Team Member
Booking Team Member

Re: [VOTE] Lord of the Ring Quarterfinals: Kaida Kagome vs. Jerod Barnez

Postby Michael Swift » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:19 am

Ladies and gents, this match is now open for VOTING!

You guys now have until the 9TH JULY to vote on this and pick which one YOU think should be the canon match.

If you need help voting, use our template HERE.

Good luck to both competitors!
PhoenixRoost
Supreme XWA Champion
Supreme XWA Champion

Postby PhoenixRoost » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:09 pm

I'm not going to use the form, and because of that, I'll open with my vote, which is for Jerod Barnez. It comes down to a couple of things.

In Kaida's match, I felt like a few too many liberties were taken. Don't get me wrong, that match certainly put Jerod over for his ferocity and power, but at the same time, I was a bit surprised that, in a complete rage forced by her 'brothers' assaulting Thomas, Jerod would just stop dead from a single strike. I know that martial arts is a thing, death strikes, etc., etc., but it took me out of the match. In fairness, she gave a moment like this to Jerod as well, where he kicked the steps and sent them flying at her high enough and hard enough to crush her beneath them? Made me feel like either the steps are much lighter than they should be or the impact should have been sold like a literal car wreck, which then brings up the question of how hard Jerod had to kick them to make them fly like that, and......

Speaking of her 'brothers,' that was the main reason I'm picking Jerod. I saw in a vote on Storey v Morales a comment about a match being more or less about the people involved, and that's the big issue I have here as well. Jerod's match obviously involves Ace, as he is at ringside, but he doesn't do enough to take the attention off the match, and he definitely isn't five dudes on a Titantron beating up a defenseless old man. I don't want to give anyone the impression that I think the yakuza angle itself is bad and should go away, but it felt very heavyhanded in Kagome's offering. If it had just been the segment where her involvement with them was confirmed, I think it would have been much more effective as a means to counter the intimidation of Jerod breaking Ace and parading him around.

"I am a crime boss, am I supposed to be impressed?" feels badass. Siccing five dudes on an old man, while not out of character for gangsters, is less badass.

I've done a lot of negative Nancy-ing, so before I go, I do want to give a few positives.

In spite of what I said about the hostage situation, I do appreciate that in Kaida's match, after the initial reveal, Jerod just dominated Kaida for what felt like five full minutes in a blood rage. I think that was an appropriate response.

I also liked the commentary in Jerod's match. P.S.: Thank you for reminding me of the existence of the word "gobshite." Also I liked the Chekov's Exposed Concrete bits.
RevolutionJones
XWA World Tag Team Champion
XWA World Tag Team Champion
Characters Handled: A.J. Morales
Hyphy Machinery (Dontell Porter & Jason Moana)

Postby RevolutionJones » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:55 am

I'm also gonna skip the form, mostly because all the negatives I have on these are nitpicky minor things and wouldn't accurately reflect why I'm voting the way I am. The characters' portrayals are on point, both in terms of fighting style and character work, the matches are well-structured according to their storytelling goals, the commentary complements the action well, and pretty much everything that constitutes a good match submission is here.

My vote goes to Kaida Kagome on this one, because her version brought an absolute tour de force of story to this one. I know the theme of the verdicts for this round has been "too much focus on characters other than the wrestlers," but for me, having Kaida's goons hold Thomas hostage and forcing Jerod to wrestle for his own father's release added a whole new level of stakes and elevated the match. Not only that, but it felt like Kaida's true breakout moment, where, now that she's had a few matches to introduce herself and get us familiar with the idea of her being around, she shows just how vicious she truly is. And that's before getting to Ace Acid's abusive relationship with Jerod, which works well as the moral counterweight to remind us Jerod is still a piece of shit, or Emery's visceral hatred for Kaida on commentary, which seems like it's teasing an interesting new rivalry for after the tournament. There's so much to chew on in the match itself, but there's also something there to leave me wanting more and hook me in for the next show, and matches that accomplish that are always my favorites around here.

That's not to take anything away from Jerod's version, which I think also does a great job of the heel-vs.-heel formula and exploring how Jerod's mastery over Acid has changed them both, but as good as that was, Kaida's felt like I was watching a supervillain have that first truly iconic moment that solidifies them in the rogues' gallery, and for that, i have to give it the nod. However the tiebreaker vote goes, the winner will definitely have earned their spot in the semis.
Michael Swift
Booking Team Member
Booking Team Member

Postby Michael Swift » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:15 am

I apologize for needing to do quick summery for this, but it is late and I still want to try to get the card up before bed, and I do have things to in the morning.

Of the two matches, I feel Kaida's was more explosive and a bigger set piece, while Jerod had a stronger in ring display. Commentary from both sides makes me smile in parts, though I admit to something about both feeling slightly off to me. Still, matches were both joys from start to finish.
I will harp on pacing before giving my vote, because it is a sticking for me in a lot of matches. A good example of a point I think could have done with a slow down in Kaida's match was when she heart punched. If when the punch landed there were more to describing how the world was stopping, that moment of impact that shut Jerod down, then went into rapid striking description it would have hit home much harder for me. While Jerod has a couple of points I think would have been stronger for the piece by being even slower, tormenting Ace and the set up for Kadia's finisher for example, I think he did an overall better job in that regard.

And I think that is what my vote comes down to tonight. My vote goes towards Jerod Barnez.

Return to “Massacre #32: #LOTR2018 Week Two!”