XWA On A Boat: Smith Jones LIVE!

Matches and segments that occurred on our 2018 Supershow- XWA On A Boat!
Smith Jones

XWA On A Boat: Smith Jones LIVE!

Postby Smith Jones » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:25 pm

Fade up on a tight closeup of the entire solar system. A wide shot, you say? Not when you consider the vast cyclean nature of the known and unknown universe. So… like I said… a tight closeup of the solar system. Through a combination of composite photography and special effects, we move through space towards the sun. Celestial bodies pass, faster and faster until we see the MIR Space Station high above our mother Earth. Very quickly, we fall from the heavens, down; down towards the middle of the Atlantic Ocean… or is that the pacific? I always get those two mixed up. We are flown onto the deck of a mighty cruise ship. It’s the XWA Xtreme Cruiselines ship at sunset. On the deck of the boat is an open air professional wrestling arena.

CROWD:
XWA! XWA! XWA! XWA! XWA! XWA! XWA! XWA! XWA! XWA! XWA! XWA! XWA! XWA! XWA! XWA! XWA! XWA! XWA! XWA! XWA! XWA! XWA! XWA! XWA! XWA! XWA! XWA! XWA!

A raucous ocean of seabound fans are chanting and cheering at the top of their lungs! XWA, XWA… and it ripples across the waters and causes the waves to rise and crest all around them. Each and every person in this arena is pumped from the action they've just seen. Pumped for the action to come! Then suddenly, every spotlight in the joint floods the stage with white light and the tron goes plain white as well.

CROWD:
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

‘Carmina Burana’ by Carl Orff begins to play as a band of crew members dressed in black begins to carry large wooden flats out onto the stage. As the perplexed audience watches on, the crew builds a small, three-walled room out of a total of five large pieces.The walls are white with no decor, save for a small window on either side, covered with translucent white drapes. There is an ornate archway in the middle with a rounded top and a carved pillar on either side. The room becomes furnished with two large white leather armchairs. Upon one of the chairs sits a regular XWA microphone. The tron changes from plain white to the Smith Jones LIVE! logo. Smith Jones’ voice layers in overtop of the continuing music.

SMITH JONES:
Welcome… to the brand new centre of the universe!!! This is Smith… Jones… LIVE!!!

CROWD:
Smith Jones LIVE! Smith Jones LIVE! Smith Jones LIVE! Smith Jones LIVE! Smith--

SMITH JONES:
ENOUGH!!!

Smith Jones steps out onto the stage to a fresh round of salty jeers. He is dressed in a dark gray suit and tie and he's armed with his personal white microphone. He is by no means at a loss for words.

SMITH JONES:
To be clear, this will NOT be the type of place where violence will prevail. I won't be smashing anyone's head with a coconut, nor will I cut anyone's hair. There will be no snakes or pipers in this pit… no funerals in this parlour… and I certainly won't be putting anyone face first through a plate glass window. I've promised the network a family friendly forum and that is exactly what I plan to give them. I will also be giving my guest the chance to bask in these bright, white spotlights of mine under this stunning starboard sky as the wrestling world watches on. What a breathtaking moment.

Smith steps over to one of the white leather armchairs and sits down. The camera zoooooooms in close to Jones’ face eyes as he takes a deep breath and he speaks on.

SMITH JONES:
My guest at this time is… well… I don’t know who my guest is at this time. Surprise me! Hit someone’s music!

~OPEN to ANYONE~
@imSmithJones
Vespertine
Characters Handled: Vespertine

Re: XWA On A Boat: Smith Jones LIVE!

Postby Vespertine » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:04 pm

"Undefeated" by Skillet plays over the loudspeakers and from behind the curtains comes XWA's newest superstar/diva, Vespertine. She is dressed in tight faded denim jeans, black high heels and a tight baby T shirt which read's "Daddy's Lil Demon" along her black trenchcoat duster. She comes out to a mixed chorus of boos and cheers (albeit weakly because she isn't known here yet) Slides in under the ropes, goes over, signals for a mic and before Smith can say anuything...)

V: Too bad too my sweet, I always liked the funeral parlor and the Barber Shop but Piper's pit was a little bit before my time.

(She looks Smith up and down, like she is cutting out some choice meat, narrows her eyes and smiles.)

V: Though I do believe you are the right age for that segment.

(He goes to give a response but before he can do so.)

V: So old man, who was your favorite 80s era wrestler. And Buddha help us all if you say "Hulk Hogan.

(She looks at Smith expectantly.)
OPEN
[center]You will feel death... by... Diva[/center][/i][/b][/color]

Opponents Defeated
- Richard Head
- Lynx
- "Gokuda" Kaida Kagome, Matriarch of Clan Kagome
- Capt. Fabulous

Smith Jones

Postby Smith Jones » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:06 am

Jones grins from ear to ear as he looks Vespertine up and down as well, taking particular note of her trenchcoat duster. He leans forward and takes in her scent with a long, deep inhale. He exhales long and slow, speaking with a bit of a growl.

SMITH JONES:
Vespertine. A true… lady of the evening. Fitting that we are here face to face at sunset as you show your bold face to the world under the heat of my intense spotlights. Your list of championships and accomplishments is far too long for me to relay here and now. You’ve wrestled all over the world. You’ve built yourself a name. And now… here you are.

Still seated in his white leather armchair, Jones leans back and gets a little more comfortable.

SMITH JONES:
Did you really come out here to discuss my age? My taste in interview segments from the past? I’m thirty-four, for the record. Ancient perhaps to you, but still of some use in this game. Your finisher known the world over as Breaking the Bank bares a strong resemblance to my Backstabber to the neck finisher the Point of Controversy, only you’ve added a surfboard stretch submission after impact for extended damage. Why on Earth should people in the XWA be more afraid to step into the ring with YOU than they already are to step into the ring with the incredible Smith Jones?

~TAG to Vespertine~
@imSmithJones
Vespertine

Postby Vespertine » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:51 am

(She sits on the chair next to him separated only by... an end table... or something. She crosses her legs and smiles sweetly at him)

V: Really? Of all the questions you can ask of me, that is one you want to know most?

(She shrugs, her small shoulders going up and down)

V: Ok, I'll tell you what, I'll be fair and honest about it. So let me see if I get this right: why should the roster of XWA be more afraid to step in the ring against me instead of, say, someone like you.? Is that right?

(He nods)

V: They shouldn't be. I have done nothing of value yet here in XWA. See I may be (air quotes using her well manacured fingers) a tweener. I'm not much of a good guy nor am I much of a bad guy. I do have claws, I'm not afraid to use them. I'll go to toe to toe with anyone be they man or woman, either my height or 7'1 like Lynx's height but if I have learned anything from my years of wrestling and travels to countries and places it's that I need to earn respect first. I need to start at the bottom and work my way up. Titles are never handed to anyone, they are earned. They are earned through hard work, sheer determination and will. Respect is also a major factor in all of that. If you don't give respect, you don't get respect and if you don't have respect, you won't get far in this business, in this federation, or any federation.

(She pauses to elaborate)

V: So should the rest of the roster be afraid of me as compared to you? Yes because of my work ethic. I live for this business, I bleed for this business. Lord knows how many bones I have broken and how much blood I spilled over the years for it. I'll die if I have to for this business. But at the same time, no because unlike you, I have not held any titles in this company, I have not earned any respect from anybody here. And that is only because I have not done anything noteworthy yet to gain anybody's respect. But what I find funny is that because people see me as this crazy rich asian girl, small, light, looks unprepared for the ring, and talks like she owns the ring, people underestimate what I can do in the ring by looking at me. It's only after they have faced me in the ring that they truely see what kind of athelete I am. Then they either really hate or really love. And if I get a reaction anywhere in between, I feel I haven't done my job correctly. And it all starts with respect.

(She looks at him sweetly)

V: Yes, I realize I haven't earned yours. I haven't earned anybody's. And I can sit on my laurels and accolades all day and whine about not getting title shots or matches or your respect but that won't get me very far here. If I want to go far, if I want to get to the top, if I want to become hall of famer, if I want to become a legend here in XWA then I need to do something, show you something, in the ring or out of it, that will make you stand up and take notice and earns your respect.

(She smiles and chuckles)

V: Despite the fact that I sound like I have a chip on my shoulder and that I demand everything be given to me. Does all this make sense to you

(She waits for the next comment or question.)

(tag to Smith)

Opponents Defeated
- Richard Head
- Lynx
- Capt. Fabulous

Smith Jones

Postby Smith Jones » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:25 am

SMITH JONES:
I must say… you do have a unique sort of je ne sais quoi about you, but also...

Smith has a crooked smile on his face as he does not lose eye contact with Vespertine. He scoffs and raises a brow.

SMITH JONES:
You sound exactly the same as everyone else to me. Everyone in this business throws the word respect around like it’s the key to everything. If you give respect, you get respect. The only way to get respect is to give respect and earn it through respectful actions and respectful deeds. Respect this. Respect that. Listen to me, Vee, just a little bit!

Smith’s eyes become wild with stifled rage. He bubbles just under the surface, not quite setting his anger free.

SMITH JONES:
You were right about one thing. You haven't done a single thing here in the XWA to earn my respect or anyone else's, but that doesn't mean that I don't respect you enough to view you as a veritable threat. You walk out here with the utmost confidence and swagger; you've got street cred dripping from your well-manicured claws. But here's a free tip from Smitty: the true way to greatness is not respect. It's avarice. You make damned sure that every time you part these ropes, every time you hear that bell, you go full tilt straight ahead at your opponent and do great damage. Respect is a waste of time if you don't pair it with unchained aggression. Get blood in your hair. Get skin under those fingernails. Get dirty. If you chase two rabbits, you will lose them both; if you keep teetering on the edge of good and evil, you will fail to get anywhere worthwhile. People should always fear you... or you might as well just join the ring crew.

Jones relents a little in his posture, leaning back against the soft back of his white leather armchair.

SMITH JONES:
I’ve touched on the dictionary meaning of your name, but that doesn’t tell me anything about why you chose to call yourself Vespertine. Did you choose your ring name or was it given to you? What meaning does it hold for you personally?

~TAG to Vespertine~
@imSmithJones
Vespertine

Postby Vespertine » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:17 am

(Her eyes widen for just a fraction of a second, then narrow down to dagger like slits and the smiles wickedly.)

V: Again, my sweet, you ask all the wrong questions. You know, someone I knew some time ago said to me: "I see you. I see your soul. And it is mine" and then I kicked her ass all over the ring. Well I quote her now: I see you Smith. I see your soul. And it is mine! Now how did you look up the word Vespertine in the space of time since I've been out here and talking. You haven't looked at your phone once.

(She raises her eyesbrows and smiles sweetly at him. Looks at her nails and continues)

V: I talk about earning respect and gaining respect. Yet, there is another thing that goes with it. A thing I see in most everyone as well. It is something I see in you right now. What is it? Maybe unbridled passion, unbridled anger, unbridled hatred, unbridled... is it jealousy? Is it envy? What is it? You envy me? Are you jealous of me? I think not. You hardly know me and yet you hate the fact that I am smug and confident sitting here talking nonchalantly about my ring experience. Passion, rage, anger, hatred, yes keep it, that's all well and good. By all means, being aggressive in the ring is great. But by letting your passions take over when you are in the ring, means you have already lost control. If you lose focus and you can't concentrate in the ring, if you let your passions take control of you, like now for instance, you'll lose your match. I learned some time ago, never lose focus. Concentrate on the match at hand, don't let passions boil over, capitalize on those who do, and win at any cost. That is why my list of accolades and titles is so long. Longer than yours and longer than you care to talk about. I don't lose focus. I concentrate on the task at hand and if I let my anger out, like you just did, I would lose every time I stepped into the ring. Maybe it's my upbringing. Maybe it's my culture. (shrugs) Maybe it's just you being male.

(She pauses as she searches for the right words)

V: I see you boiling over there because I'm talking about respect and not aggression, and how I remain calm under pressure. And yet you are getting angry. You know of my accolades, my titles and my other feds. So let's see what you have to your name? So let's list them shall we: Rookie of the year. Feud of the year. Storyline of the year. Heel of the year. Best promo of whatever year. Those are just names of titles and not actual belts. I don't care for those. I care for actual belts. So let's continue down that list shall we? Empire Champion. Interesting. Of which Empire. The Roman, the Mongol, or the British. Next you were Heritage Champion. Whose Heritage and why would they choose you? Next up, we have Broadcast Champion. Really! Really? Broadcast Champion. What did you do to get that title, talk at the broadcast booth and lull your opponent to sleep. You did it twice. That is quite a talent. Next up, United States Champion. Yep, sure ok, but call me when you have become World Champion. Twice. And then you were (air quotes again) "acting" X core champion. I'm going to assume X core is like either Hardcore or Extreme or both. What I want to know is "acting?" Like only temporary? So you were the CEO but acting CEO so when the original CEO comes back from maternity leave, you give her the reigns back again. SO you were keeping the X core title nice and warm until she came back from maternity leave? How sweet of you I guess.

(She pauses as if in thought, then continues)

V: See I did my homework on you and I went over your past accomplishments and I must say, I'm not impressed. NObody should be impressed by that list. And if that X core title really means Hardcore, then I'm sorry, to me that is just a step below Women's Title. A better title would be Extreme. I'm extreme. There is a difference between Xtreme and hardcore. It's easy to hit someone with a chair or bat. It's harder and risker to fly off that 20 ft ladder into the ring and senton bomb your opponent in/out of the ring in the hopes, they don't put their knees up at the last second. I'm not impressed by people who get mad with rage and hit people with weapons. I'm more impressed by people who use their environment as a weapon. Those who look at the baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire but puts it down and goes up the 20 foot ladder or flies over the ropes to knock their opponent down. But I don't think you would understand, you don't have that type of mental capacity. And that, my sweet, is why you fail. That is why you need to be vicious and why you need a "show" like this to inflate your ego. You can't go up the ladder of success without putting a person like me in my place. Hmmm... I think your ladder is shorter than it should be. Or it's your focus. Whatever. Next topic.

(She looks at him and he looks like he boiling over with anger.)

V: Smith! Focus! Concentrate. (She says the next part rather eerily calmly) and try again, grasshopper.
Tag to Smith

Opponents Defeated
- Richard Head
- Lynx
- Capt. Fabulous

Smith Jones

Postby Smith Jones » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:46 pm

SMITH JONES:
I didn’t look up the word vespertine, dear. I already knew it.

Jones is both enraged at the cool, calm nature of the woman sitting across from him and gleeful that he has the chance to sit right here while she shows how truly skilled she is. He stews in his anger a moment longer before growling his response.

SMITH JONES:
My questions are irrelevant. It’s how you choose to reply to them that teaches me so much about you. You really have done your homework. You know me so well, on paper. Although, you got my list of accomplishments backwards. “Acting” X-Core was my very first title. I “won” it by walking into my very first pro company and obliterating the “real” X-Core Champion to the point where he couldn’t defend it himself. If you truly knew me, you would know how much I abhor hardcore matches. I am a purist. I took that first title to prove that I can do what I want when I want. So I defended an injured man’s title as my own and forced him to watch from a hospital bed. And for the record, you’ve held more hardcore titles than I have. After that very first one, I made efforts to leave that hardcore life behind. You say I’ve lost focus, have I? I’ll lose my match against Amy Jo Smyth? Remains to be seen. Watch me.

Smith looks off into the crowd as they all sit there silently, drinking in every moment as it ever so slowly passes by. Smith himself takes a beat to savour the moment. He returns focus to the woman sitting across from him. Expressionless, he continues.

SMITH JONES:
Final question. You talk a lot about championships and you do have an impressive list of them. Which Champion here in the XWA should be most concerned about your arrival?

~TAG to Vespertine~
@imSmithJones
Vespertine

Postby Vespertine » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:55 am

(She chuckles and for a second she looks humble and vulnerable. But this is Vespertine and that quickly fades as she goes back to her true confident self)

V: Sorry, I assume you're like everyone else who when they see my name, they know they've seen it somewhere before and immediately go to their phone to look it up.

(Wall goes back up as she leans back in her chair and looks for the first time, at ease from the diffused situation.)

V: And you're right, I also went the hardcore route. But I was young at the time and thought the next step up after the Women's belt was the hardcore belt. But you know, being suplexed off the loading dock doesn't help all that much with your complexion. I found that out the hard way.

(light laughter from the audience.)

V: My first federation, after the women's title, I achieved the Hardcore Title. Then my mentor/enemy/rival/friend Nightelf, real name Lizzie Dadner, saw something in me and needed to prove something to her stable so we fought and she won the Hardcore Title from me. I won it back a week later but then at the next PPV, another woman by the name of Widow and I found ourselves in a steel cage match, again for the title. We were at the top of the cage trading blows back and forth until she somehow got up and X factored me from the top to the arena floor below. Needless to say, I won or should have won, being the first to hit the floor but they awarded the title to Widow. If you look here.

(She points to a small scar on the bridge of her nose)

V: My face was shattered. For my reward I received 30 stitches and a mask like the Undertaker had, which I had for a few months to put my face back together and several facial plastic surgery's later it looks like now. I mean I can do hardcore it's not hard but as I found out, Xtreme is better, I like being extreme more. So Elf, took it upon herself to teach me the ways of being extreme and take risks. She saw something in me and was trying to help and build me up. I keep her teachings close to my heart to this day.

(Pauses, thinks, goes on)

V: Yes hardcore is easier and extreme is more difficult but finding weapons like chairs and bats and hammers is easy but not as satisfying as, like say, using weapons like a the top of a ladder, a balcony or lights tower. Don't tell me, you didn't climb to the top of the Tron or the truck, look down on your opponent who is flat on the floor and find the inner stamina to fly when your completely drained and tired and feel the thrill when you fly, spin, connect, cover and win. That is what is extreme is all about. Poetry in motion, flying off something and outdoing what you did the night, the week or the PPV before. And whether the audience likes you or hates you, as I have said before, if I get a reaction anywhere in between absolute hate or absolute love, then I have not done my job correctly as a high flyer, as a ring warrior, as a mat technician. You've been there, I'm sure you felt that same surge of energy and the thrill of trying something truely daring and epic. And when you have an opponent who feels the same way you do, like Lizzie for me, then each and every match you have together pushes you to outdo what you did before and makes you better than you were before. Makes you more aware of your limits and what you are able to do or can't do.

(You can see that excitement is bubbling over into her face and stature so she composes herself.)

V: As for the rest of the roster and any champion out there. Which one should be worried about my arrival in XWA?

(She stares intense daggers into the camera and smiles wickedly)

V: They all should be worried.
Tag: To Smith (probably end, but I like the questions and the answers. Up to you)

Opponents Defeated
- Richard Head
- Lynx
- Capt. Fabulous

Smith Jones

Postby Smith Jones » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:34 am

Smitty stares into the main camera and motions towards his very first guest.

SMITH JONES:
Ladies and gentlemen, a sultry hyperintellectual whose mind may rival the likes of Adam Fenric or yours truly… please give it up for Elegance Personified… the Well Rounded Fighting Machine… VESPERTINE!!! That’s all for now. Tune in next time when my guest could be… YOU.

Fade to black.

~END~
@imSmithJones

Return to “XWA On A Boat”