[VOTE] XWA Lord of the Ring Finals: Blake Archer vs. Will Neilson

Matches and segments that occurred on our 2018 Supershow- XWA Lord of the Ring: The Final!
RevolutionJones
Booking Team Member
Booking Team Member
Characters Handled: A.J. Morales
Hyphy Machinery (Dontell Porter & Jason Moana)

[VOTE] XWA Lord of the Ring Finals: Blake Archer vs. Will Neilson

Postby RevolutionJones » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:38 am

One Ring to Rule Them All, it's...

Broadcast on The Xperience and the Battleground Network
LIVE! From Madison Square Garden, Manhattan, New York (18,500 Capacity),

Theme Song: "The Uruk-Hai" by Howard Shore

Opening Match!

Blake Archer vs. Will Neilson

Supershows are back and XWA is live from Madison Square Garden for Lord Of The Ring! Opening the show, Blake Archer- a man with a Golden Ticket and a continuing rivalry with Levinator- takes on Will Neilson, who makes his first appearance on a Supershow after impressing in the Lord Of The Ring Summer Tournament on Massacre.

The two go head to head in a kick-off match that's set to be all-action from start to end!

--------
Deadline for matches is 26th August 2018 at 11:59 Eastern Standard Time.
Voting will start at this time and conclude on 2nd September 2018 at 11:59 Eastern Standard Time.
[CST is one hour earlier. GMT is five hours later.]
Archer
Characters Handled: Blake Archer
El Conejo a Dos
El extraño guapo y Misterioso

Re: XWA Lord of the Ring Finals: Blake Archer vs. Will Neilson

Postby Archer » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:38 am

Mark Sanction-
It is finally here everyone, Welcome to the Lord of the Ring Finals. We are LIVE! From Madison Square Garden in New York City. There is a lot more going on this show tonight, but we all are anticipating the main event. Albion Gale, Jerod Barnez, and Angelica Vaughn have battled their way through the brackets to face off tonight to determine who will become the Lord of the Ring.

Matt Steel-
A lot is going to happen before then Mark, you might want to pace yourself. Most men don't have the longevity that I have when I am observing one of these events. I will do my best to hold you up like usual.

Mark Sanction-
I do just fine, but I appreciate your depth of concern Matt. As advertised we are starting things off with what looks to be a high impact match up.

Matt Steel-
Yes indeed. We've gotten to see how powerful of a fighter Blake Archer is in the ring, you can't tell me after a match people don't stop and think damn that hurt. Mark sometimes I hurt just watching.

Mark Sanction-
I believe Archer is still finding himself in many ways even with all his experience, but tonight he will face Will Neilson. We first seen him when he challenged A.J. Morales for the XWA Hardcore championship a match that he very nearly won.

Matt Steel-
This isn't for the hardcore championship though. This will be a stiff hitting big drop style of match. I know, I know you are going to say that is still the Precision Wrestling World Heavyweight Champion...

Mark Sanction-
Was...

Matt Steel-
Not in his mind and sometimes that is all that matters just look at America.

Mark Sanction-
Interesting point, I feel both competitors might suffer from a tough of separation from reality, but that might make this even more interesting. Let's get on with it shall we.

Hana Ramierez
Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to our Annual Lord of the Ring event. Getting underway first with our opening contest. He hails from West Midlands, England. Standing at six feet, two inches tall and weighing in at a sharp 227 pounds... Will Neilson!

"Alone In A Room" by Asking Alexandria sounds around the arena with a spotlight appearing on stage, the man known as Will Neilson walks into the spotlight with a smirk on his face, and his head facing down to the floor. When the song reaches 23 seconds, the lights come back on and Will jumps up with the spotlight disappearing. His facial expression can change depending on the match, but he always tries to keep a cool head and a smirk whilst making his entrance. Will ignores slapping the fans hands, as he grabs his leather jacket and shows the crowd walking down the ramp his impressive physique and only when he reaches the bottom of the ramp, he then lifts his sunglasses up onto his head and walks up to the apron, quickly jumping up onto it. Neilson grabs the camera and says something relevant in the news that week, or just something about humiliating his opponent before climbing through the ropes and heading into the ring. With a smile on his face, Will stands in the middle of the ring with his arms behind his back, giving off a cocky attitude with his laid back posture as he heads to one of the corners, perching himself on the top rope where he sits down as his song slowly fades away.

Hana Ramierez
and his opponent heading to the ring from Canton, Ohio. He stands at six feet, nine inches tall and weighs in at 295 solid pounds, The King of Canines, Blake Archer!

"Personal Jesus" by Depeche Mode

♫ Reach out and touch faith.
Your own, Personal Jesus.
Someone to hear your prayers.
Someone who cares.
Your own Personal Jesus.
Someone to hear your prayers.
Someone who's there. ♫

[Archer steps out from behind the entrance. He holds his fist up above his head and than precedes to make his way towards the ring. He reaches his hands out to his sides touching finger tips with those stretching out to touch him.]

♫ Feeling's unknown and you're all alone
Flesh and bone by the telephone
Lift up the receiver
I'll make you believer. ♫

[He stops and hits the steel rings steps than climbs them to the ring apron and stepping over the top rope into the ring. His charming smile is on his face while he poses for each side of the ring striking a reaction out of the fans.]

*DING DING*

With the chiming of the bell the match is officially under way as is the start of the Lord of the Ring event. Blake and Will have their eyes locked on one another inching closer like snails. Will has his hands up ready to grab or block while Blake claps his hands together slowly in attempts to work up the shy crowd. He quickly side shuffles his feet to the side, but Will is swift enough to turn and meet him. Blake grabs for Will’s leg Neilson fighting him off grabbing his hands pushing them away. Blake cracks him with an uppercut. The King of Canines dashes forward grabbing Will tightly around the waist, but Will slips his arms between his body and Blake. Getting enough leverage to shove Blake away from him, Will uses the space to strike with a forearm smacking off Blake's jaw. The sound is brisk in the air from the stiff shot, but seems only to have aggravated Blake as he rubbed his jawline. Will smirks and begins to gloat about how hard his hits are going to be.

Mark Sanction-
Just like Neilson to gloat, pulling it out of his hat early to get under Archer's skin. This strategy could comeback to bite him don't you think Matt?

Matt Steel-
Neilson is not a safe man he lives on the edge of life Mark. He is taking his shots as he gets them to start this out, which I think is a good way to go. However getting the large monster inside Blake angry could work to Will's advantage even more. If all he can see is red then he will forget his strategy for victory. Or... he could become an Incredible Hulk, it is a gamble my friend.

Blake lunges towards Will getting his hands on him as Will pushes his against Blake's shoulders to block him into a collar and elbow tie up. Will steps back using Blake's shoving momentum against him to toss the big guy into the corner. Blake's awareness lapses for a second, Will pulls his arm back then drives forward chopping Blake hard across the chest. He pulls back once again this time the slapping sound much louder and solid sounding. Blake's face cringes and he holds onto his chest to alleviate the stinging. He hunches forward a little only for Will to push him back into the corner stricken him with an uppercut. Will steps on the bottom rope and then the second clinching his fist tightly as his eyes are solely focused on Blake. Holding his head back with his other hand Will jabs his clinched fist right into Blake's forehead. The King of Canines' head is tossed back like a crash test dummy then flung forward where Will is waiting to strike with a second right jab. Blake waves his arms as Will pushes his left hand against his face keeping Blake from being able to see. Will strikes him again causing Blake’s arms to drop.

The crowd grows enthralled with the repetitive act each punch causing Archer's forehead to knot up.

Crowd
Three, Four, Five...

The count with each hit. Will stops polishing his knuckles against his chest with confidence. Blake seizes the moment to push him off the ropes and him. Will lands on his feet stumbling back two steps as he finds his balance. Blake takes two breaths and shakes his head before charging straight for Will. Blake bends forward grabbing Will from behind the knees as he still drives forward. Picking up Will with the force of his sprint the two collide into the corner with a smack!

Mark Sanction-
Archer blasting out of the corner after taking some offense from Will Neilson. To two men ricochet off one another as they hit the corner like a brick wall.

Matt Steel-
It was like watching the coconuts on the hula dancer while you are sipping down your fifth piña colada.

Mark Sanction-
Do those things go together?

Matt Steel-
Every week at Three Dots and a Dash, I am always there.

Blake hits Will with a right and a left. Kicking up his right leg striking him in the gut. Will wheezes as the air is knocked out of him. Blake shoves him upright flat against the turnbuckles swinging his arm down over his head like a hatchet delivering an overhand chop that sounds like a nearby crack of thunder.

Fans "ooooh" the sound of that one hurting their eardrums just a little as they cup their hands over them. Will drops to one knee before Blake lifted his face up to look at him remarking he can hit just as hard. He tugs with power on Will's wrist giving him an Irish whip into the ropes. Will is bounced into them back towards Blake who wraps his arm over top of Will as he does Will squats down using Archer's momentum to lift him up and backwards slamming the large guy against the back of his head onto the mat.

Mark Sanction-
Nice looking Uranage from Will Neilson.

Matt Steel-
Will using the large man's velocity against him again, wow totally surprised.

Mark Sanction-
I imagine that frustration we caught a glimpse of earlier is bubbling back to the surface for Archer. Neilson is staying on top of him keeping The King of Canines from being able to think.

Will crawls over Blake after landing the move, from the mounted position Will strikes him with a forearm from the side and then down overhead. Blake shoves his forearms up blocking Will and pulling his feet under him breaking up the mounted position. Blake wraps his legs around Will's waist trapping him there with him and then slams his head forward clocking it off of Will's. He's knocked off Archer from the headbutt landing on his side against the canvas. Both men stand up unaware of where the other is for the moment. Blake spots Will first from his hands and knees forcing himself up quickly with heavy steps forward he squeezes his arms around Will's neck before he stands up straight.

Mark Sanction-
Archer wanting to take some of that pep out of Will Neilson locking him into a front headlock.

Matt Steel-
His grip doesn’t seem so deadly, looks to me Will might have blocked some of that grip.

Applying the front headlock Blake torques on Will's neck causing Will to think defensively and shove his hands through the small space between Blake's bicep and Will's neck. The more Blake frights, sweat takes his grip away from him. Will is able to keep slipping his hands between Blake’s arms. The seconds tick by as the hold grows tougher to keep on Will. He is inching his way out of the grasp when Blake lets go of him. He jumps up hitting Will with an uppercut as he does. Will staggers back tensing up as Blake delivers a jab to his mid section, then draws back aiming for his head. Will gets his arm up blocking the strike and sweeps his leg to the side kicking Blake in the side of the left knee.

Mark Sanction-
Will Neilson going for that knee very smart thinking from a former World champion.

Matt Steel-
Still is Mark,get it right. This can be trouble for Blake, I have seen him have trouble in the past protecting that base of his.

Blake puts his hands on his knee giving Will and opening. Seeing Blake drop his chin Will pulls Blake's head swinging his right arm up. The European uppercut surprises Blake as evidenced with the wide eyed expression on his face. Will charges on Blake kicking a single leg up, dropkicking him off his feet.[/center]

Mark Sanction-
Blake is off his feet that single leg dropkick completely threw off his center of gravity. This is the type of opening that Will Neilson can really needs right now to move closer in on that victory he wants.

Matt Steel-
He has to do more then put Blake down, he has to keep him down.

Will is quick to grab Blake's head pulling him into THE TWIST OF HATE! Swinging around into a cutter Will plants Blake into the hard canvas. He climbs over Blake pulling his outside leg up and hooking his hands around it. Kirk Samson is in perfect position.

One...

Two...

Kickout!

Blake pushes his shoulder up off the mat breaking Will's grip around his giant leg. Will punches Blake in the side of the head pushing himself from one knee to a standing base. From behind Blake he slides him into a half nelson picking up Blake and dropping him down across his knee. Blake rolls over as he hits the mat shaking his head in refusal to cry from the hit. He bits his lip before slamming his fist to the mat in efforts to psych himself back up. It seems Will has more plans though as he interrupts Blake's self talk, putting him up on his shoulders. He swings Blake forward dropping him head first as he drops to the mat in a perfectly executed samoan driver.

Mark Sanction-
Will Neilson hits his Landslide, samoan driver on the King of Canines. Another cover could put him away.

Matt Steel-
You might need glasses Mark, it looks to me like Will has a different plan then going for another pin.

Will doesn't waste time with a cover as his eyes become fixed on the top turnbuckle. He stands up looking down on Blake who is groaning as he rolls from side to side with his hands over his face. Will lifts his leg stomping down on Blake in the stomach, Blake drops his hands in an attempt to secure his midsection. Will waited for those instincts taking advantage as Blake come up off the mat holding his stomach, he takes two brisk steps flipping forward kicking Blake in the middle of his face. Will steps over his body and climbs up the turnbuckles to the top rope. Will takes a second to look behind him before turning to face Blake sprawled out like a crime scene victim on the mat. Will finds a stable position before pushing himself up and leaping off the top turnbuckle. He flips in the air, as Blake sees him in half rotation of his senton he stiffens his body and pulls his knees up to his chest. Will's back bends over top of Blake's knees and Will lets out a bit of a yelp as his back makes contact.

Mark Sanction-
Quick reflexes and ring awareness to realize what Will was going for! Archer breaks up Will's offense again, but can he finally string together some of his own?

Matt Steel-
We've seen him do it a few times before here at XWA, so I am going to say yeah he could.

Mark Sanction-
Will Neilson's fighting style has seemed to trip up Blake every time he gets something going leaving Neilson with minimal damage while wearing down Archer. The King of Canines might not be able to afford giving Will anymore offensive series.

Blake slowly gets up seeming to seethe through his teeth in order to do so. He clinches his fist and draws back striking Will his his sledgehammer like fist. Blake grabs Will's arm pulling it behind his back while shifting his shoulder in the back of Will's shoulder socket. He pulls back with all his weight at first seemingly like time slowed down from how much pressure was being applied. Withing these crucial seconds Will swiftly slips his opposite shoulder under his body countering into a pinning maneuver!
Will has both of his hands hooked around Blake's inside leg and his neck.

One...

Two...

Thre-..

Kickout!

Blake rips himself out of Will's pin sending Will rolling to the other side of the ring. Kirk Samson jumps up holding up only two fingers, the crowd begins to buzz with anticipation. Blake leans against the middle rope his breaths looking heavier after that last kickout. Will rubs his shoulder still not letting it bring his smirk off his face. He holds up his hand placing his index finger and thumb within an 1/8th of an inch.

Mark Sanction-
Will once more trying to get into Blake's head, perhaps a split second more and we'd have had a victor.

Matt Steel-
Eventually a fire will burn itself out right, I am starting to see what Will's tactic is here. Before too long Archer will be out of gas and stranded beyond the point of no return.

His Rage helping his body forget the need for air Blake grabs Will aggressively once more entwining the two into a collar and elbow tie up.
Blake hits his knee into Will's ribs loosening his grip on the tie up. Blake does it again this time with more oomph!
Will's base drops out from under him sending him to his hands and knees in front of Blake. He reaches down pulling Will up over his back. Blake holds his body across his back Will's arms extended in a crucifix position. Blake tosses him upward and wraps his arms around Will's neck hitting a neckbreaker.

Mark Sanction-
That Dogbite, neckbreaker from Archer is usually used to set up or buy time. From the pain Will looks to be in I can see why.

Matt Steel-
[color=#ffeb00]Will that power be able to give Blake enough recovery time though? The King of Canines is starting to show his drop in stamina. I have to wonder what's left? Will has had him chasing him around for a reason.

Blake sits up taking a second to breath before rolling over. He taps his fist off the mat creating a rhythm like a beating drum. He pushes himself back up to his feet the crowd now clapping the beat he start. He looks down at Will still holding onto his neck. Blake's eyes show he is searching his brain for his next move. Will is stirring shifting to his stomach and crawling up to his knees. Blake backs back into the corner seeing him move. He squats down bouncing lightly up and down readying his leg muscles. Will turns his neck to the side and turns around setting Blake off like a loaded gun, he jumps up into a full blown sprint. Blake speeds across the ring like a flash of light driving his shoulder into Will spearing him down hard. Blake is send back up from the momentum, but lets his body fall forward as he grabs Will's outside leg for the cover.

Mark Sanction-
The Silver Shot! Archer was not wasting much time. He wants to get this over quickly!

Matt Steel-
Was it enough to put Neilson away though?

One...

Two...

Thre-!

Kirk jumps up ONLY A TWO he signals. Fans react with shock.

Mark Sanction-
A kickout from the Silver Shot, have we seen that happen?

Matt Steel-
I am pretty sure I have, I remember I lost a bet about it. As for what you've seen, I don't want to explore that realm.

Blake sits up his mouth handing open seeming to mouth profanities out of shot of XWA mics. With a few quick breaths he pushed himself back up to his feet. Will is still laying dazed on the mat, Blake's lungs still pumping hard to keep the big man up. He pulls Will up using him as a cane to keep his balance. Will takes a jab at Blake, but it is clear that spear has effected him with a case of vertigo. His strike lands off target hitting Blake in the chest instead of cheek. Blake takes a large huff as Will's fist hits him, he pulls Will under his arm once more striking him with a knee this time to the face. Both men stand in the center of the ring, Will in a prone position while Archer leans over him to steal some wind back. The color in Blake's face turns from violet back to red as his blood cells carry his oxygen to his body. He lifts Will up in the sky his head facing the ground. Blake looks up at Will's feet holding his waistline to keep him balanced in the air. Blake seems to lose his balance, but steps under the sway of Will's body. Blake pushes the momentum to one side planting Will's shoulders and head into the mat. The force of the jackhammer move, makes the ring bounce from the impact. Blake pulls Will's leg up to his chest while pushing his 295 pounds against him.

One...

Two...

Three!

Kirk nearly trips as he gets up signalling for the bell.

DING DING!

Hana Ramierez
The winner of this opening bout... Blake Archer!

Mark Sanction-
The Silver Shot, and the Decent pulled out to get Archer the victory tonight. Will Neilson proved to be quite the challenge for him from I seen here tonight. A few more minuets in this one and we could have seen a very different result.

Matt Steel-
I agree. I liked Neilson's mental strategy to tire him out and pick his shots. Still we could have, but we didn't. Blake road it out finding his spot he needed and got the win. I am very surprised that Will's antagonizing didn't break him during this one like we've seen so many times before.

Mark Sanction-
It was not for a lack of trying by Will Neilson. With those strong strikes and his ability to get eyes on him I don't think this will be a setback at all for Will.
Archer
Characters Handled: Blake Archer
El Conejo a Dos
El extraño guapo y Misterioso

Postby Archer » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:16 pm

Note- Edited a few things here and there due to extension.
Will Neilson
Characters Handled: Will Neilson

Postby Will Neilson » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:25 pm

MARK SANCTION
Ladies and gentlemen... we are finally here with the Lord of the Ring Finals, live from Madison Square Garden! I am Mark Sanction and I am here joined by my two special guest commentators throughout this wonderful event, firstly... he is known as The Plague Doctor and is a former XWA Tag Team and Television Champion, Adam Fenric!

ADAM FENRIC
Greetings everyone! It is an honour to sit here and commentate once again on what has been a spectacular Lord of the RIng tournament, as well as the huge finals contested tonight between Angelica Vaughn, Jerod Barnez and Albion Gale, we've got the XWA Supreme Championship on the line and much more that I hope all of you watching at home will enioy.

MARK SANCTION
Meanwhile to my left, you know her as the reigning Union Battleground Champion, The Worst of the Pavees... as well as being Your Da's Favourite Wrestler. A lady that will be competing later on tonight as well as commentating on the first few matches of this huge event, Emery Layton!

EMERY LAYTON
Alright then? My job here at the commentary table isn't over until it's over! Tonight, I'll be goin' one on one with Kaida Kagome and I don't mean to be biased as a commentator... but bloody hell ain't that gonna be a good match eh?

ADAM FENRIC
I wouldn't wait till then to get excited though Emery, because kicking off the show will be two promising stars here in XWA as the menacing Blake Archer is set to face the rising Will Neilson!

MARK SANCTION
You can't underestimate either of these guys, however Will might have the advantage in terms of momentum here tonight. Will reached Round 2 of the Lord of the Ring tournament, whilst Blake failed to make it out of the first round. You cannot count Archer out though, his brute and powerhouse style might just give him the upperhand against the much smaller Will.

EMERY LAYTON
What are we waiting for then lads? Let's get into this!

-

(DING! DING!)

HANA RAMIEREZ
The following contest is scheduled for one fall!

'Alone in a Room' by Asking Alexandria sounds off around MSG as a largely positive reaction welcomes the man known as Will Neilson out from the back. He pops the collar of his leather jacket and shakes his head around to warm up, beginning the walk down the ramp to the ring.

HANA RAMIEREZ
Introducing first from the West Midlands, England... weighing in at 227 lbs, he is the Great British Meme and self-proclaimed Icon of the Masses, WILL NEILSON!

Neilson slides his hand down across the bottom part of his face before raising his eyebrows up once he gets to the ring, fully focused ahead of tonight's match as he leaps up onto the apron with no hesitation and turns around to raise his arms outwards for the fans, who give him a pretty positive reaction once again. Will makes his way into the ring by climbing through the ropes, quickly scaling the nearest turnbuckle and unzipping his leather jacket in order to hold it outwards, exposing his chest and well... yeah.

EMERY LAYTON
Bloody showoff! If he hadn't been putting in some impressive performances I woulda' had his life by now.

ADAM FENRIC
His performance against such an exceptional performer in Cosmo Cooper was what really put him on the spot here so far in XWA, and he's got other big matches to live up to elsewhere in the wrestling world.

EMERY LAYTON
Aye, but this is XWA and we gotta see if he's worth it or not.

Taking a seat now on the top turnbuckle, Neilson slightly swivels around so he's facing the entrance ramp as the music fades out being replaced by....

'Personal Jesus' by Depeche Mode, which brings out the massive lad that is Blake Archer who simply glares down at WIll sitting on the top rope and raises a single arm up in the air before making his way down the ramp.

HANA RAMIEREZ
And his opponent, from Canton, Ohio... weighing in at 295 lbs, he is the King of the Canines, BLAKE ARCHER!

Blake slowly made his way down the ramp, each step with purpose as he approaches the apron and climbs up onto the apron before heading into the ring. He raises his arms up high on opposite sides of the ring before walking over towards the opposite corner to that of Neilson, cracking his knuckles and staring down Will with probably not so good intents.

ADAM FENRIC
I can't say that Blake Archer isn't anything short of intense, he's looking for a quick victory over Will tonight and with that huge size advantage... it could be over before it's even began.

EMERY LAYTON
He's a big brute isn't he? A'm actually very interested to see how these two go up against each other with contrasting styles and all that.

MARK SANCTION
We're about to find that out right now, this is the opening match to this year's Lord of the Ring event and it's officially underway!

The bell is rung as Will gets started with an early clap attempting to get the crowd hyped, only managing to garner a few claps back before him and Archer slowly circle each other and look to lock up in the middle of the ring. Blake has the power advantage and is able to simply push Will back towards the ropes, the latter shaking his head and knowing that he's going to have quite the challenge in front of him. Will raises his arm up and gestures for Blake to try and lock up again, only to deliver a jab to the skull at the last second which doesn't seem to do much damage at all to Archer! Will attempts a few more jabs to the skull only for Archer to tank most of them, responding with a huge right hand that knocks Will down to a knee!

EMERY LAYTON
Whatta strike!

With the ball in his court, it's Archer who decides to run and rebound off the ropes and lunge forward for a big boot straight to the skull of Will... but the move is avoided as Neilson performs a roll to the side and quickly gets back to his feet! The speed of Neilson is coming into play as he's also able to run off the ropes as soon as Blake is able to notice, leaping forward and looking for a flying forearm to the face that Archer doesn't go down from at all! Blake is slightly stunned though and as soon as Will attempts a second flying forearm, it's a matter of Archer able to throw WIll up and over his head for a huge back body drop! Once again it's the power of Archer that sends Will flying up into the air and back down to the mat, Neilsona attempting to get back to his feet only to be knocked down to the ground by a second right hand.

ADAM FENRIC
This is what Will has to try and overcome here tonight, the pure power and striking capability of Blake Archer. Does he have what it takes though?

Attempting to crawl towards the ropes, it's Will who tries to get the battle back on his side with Archer not letting him advance any further by stomping down on his shoulder! Will instantly goes over to clutch it, having injured it weeks ago in a match elsewhere up in Canada, however he shakes his head and doesn't want to give up which can be seen when he's hauled up by Blake and manages to deliver a huge elbow to the midsection! This doesn't stun Archer, so Will gets up onto his feet and starts throwing forearms to the skull of Blake constantly in order to barely knock him down to a single knee. It still doesn't seem to keep Blake down who manages to throw a MEGA left hand that knocks Will into the ropes... only for Neilson to charge forward and deliver a sharp Enziguri right to the side of Archer''s head!

MARK SANCTION
Will managed to endure the strike long enough to counter with one of his own!

EMERY LAYTON
Fighting spirit and all that!

Blake goes down as Will goes down into an early cover, the referee can't even reach one though before Archer powers out and nearly throws WIll off his chest completely! Both men are back up to their feet, but not before Will manages to kick Blake in the stomach to force him to double down and look for another running move off the ropes. Neilson looks for a dropkick of sorts in which Archer manages to block it by simply slam his hands down onto the legs of Will which knocks him onto the canvas! It doesn't take long for Will to get back up to his feet and he's greeted by another punch from Archer before being thrown off the ropes, coming off straight into Blake picking him up and using more impressive power to spin the Brit around in the air for a Spinebuster! Quickly transitioning into a cover, Archer hooks the outside leg in order to drag Will away from the ropes.

ONE!

TW-

A kickout from Neilson who remains in the contest, Blake getting up to his feet to deliver a second stomp down onto the same targeted shoulder of Will before picking him back up to his feet and grabbing him by the throat! Archer waits a second or two before lifting Will up high in the air and looking for The Mark! Chokeslam! NO! Will manages to wrap his left arm around the back of Archer's head, driving it down into the mat with a Jumping DDT and escaping the Chokeslam attempt at the same time!

ADAM FENRIC
That is what you call a counter!

MARK SANCTION
He drove him into the mat with a DDT from the Chokeslam! That is one hell of a way to escape a move!

The 295 pounder flips over as Will is barely able to crawl over and make a pinfall attempt.

ONE!

T-

Again, it's a kickout but this time from Blake Archer who's head is slammed straight back down by Will as he tries to sit up. Neilson seems to call Blake a 'dickhead' before getting up and waiting for Archer to sit up once again, this time a bit more slower. Proceeding to raise his arms up in the air and add a sound effect of his own, Will takes aim and fires away with a huge roundhouse kick staight to the back of the seated Archer!

EMERY LAYTON
Kachow!

Neilson takes a bow from that kick for whatever reason as he brings Blake up by the hair and looks to deliver a forearm only to receive a right hand to the gut that sends him backwards! Archer fires away with a second shot to the gut that seems to nearly wind Neilson who tries to lunge forward for a boot as Blake catches the foot, swinging his elbow down onto the knee which WIll looks to escape the grasp of Archer from only to be kept in position and thrown back towards the King of Canines in order to be thrown straight onto the latter's shoulders. Blake doesn't take long in charging forward towards the opposite corner of the ring and charging with Will on his shoulders straight into the turnbuckles! Neilson remains on Blake's shoulders as the big man makes a quick turn to face away from the corner he just charged into, running forward but instead falling back for an impactful Samoan Drop! Blake hooks both legs off the move, looking for the win!

ONE!

TWO!

Another kickout from Will who refuses to go down, Archer getting a bit frustrated by the slight growl he lets out.

EMERY LAYTON
Oof... he's a lil' bit cross.

ADAM FENRIC
Archer could explode at any second, he'll need to use that anger against Will and not against himself.

Blake Archer ruffles his hair before bringing Will up to the corner by his arms, grabbing him and looking to straight up toss him to the other side of he ring. He looks to follow through by slowly walking forward and lifting WIll above his head, however it's Neilson who tactically lands on his feet! He's a bit unsteady though as he can't act before Blake charges forward looking for a lariat only for him to miss him mark and nearly throw himself into the corner. Will helps him with that though by running and spinning around to drive his elbow to the side of Blake's head that fully stuns him! Archer falls against the turnbuckles as Will runs to the other corner, using the ropes to give himself a boost and charge for a flying dropkick that catches Blake straight on the jaw! He waits till Archer falls out before hooking the arm and grabbing his leg, jumping back slightly to connect with the Small Package Driver!

MARK SANCTION
Memeingful Driver connects!

EMERY LAYTON
That's what he calls that? Mad!

Neilson wraps his legs around Archer's to keep his shoulders down, getting into a pinning position.

ONE!

TWO!

T-

Nope! Blake gets a shoulder up and Will is in a state of slight disbelief! He falls back onto the mat, but quickly regains his composure and shakes everything off to lift Archer up and deliver a forearm to the head that knocks him down to a knee. Will keeps going with these forearms which makes the crowd increasingly rowdier, one forearm slipping and Blake is able to rise up and lean back for a huge headbutt that sends Neilson through the ropes as he lays on the apron. Archer follows him onto the apron and lifts up the head of Neilson, putting it between his legs and looking for a Powerbomb that could yield disastrous results for Will! He goes to lift Neilson up high... but a few punches to the skull stop that move from happening as Will is let back down! Neilson charges forward looking for some sort of move...

SILVER SHOT FROM OUT OF NOWHERE TO THE FLOOR! MY GOD!

ADAM FENRIC
Blake Archer just risked it all and that HAS to hurt!

MARK SANCTION
Neilson is out of it! Spear planting him straight to the outside!

EMERY LAYTON
I wouldn't get yer hopes up for Blakey, he looks as much out of it as poor ol' Will.

A devestating Spear has taken out both men here, Neilson receiving the much more vicious end of the move as the referee begins his count in the ring to the two downed competitors on the outside.

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

Blake is the first one to show some signs of movement as he's able to crawl up towards the apron, using it to get back on his feet as he stares down Will who's back must be in near pieces from that last move.

FOUR!

FIVE!

The big man walks over towards WIll and is easily able to pick him up by the hair, first bringing him over towards the apron and smacking his face straight down onto it before sliding the apparent lifeless body of Will into the ring. However, Neilson has somehow, someway regained his footing but he's clearly still hurt as Blake is able to plant him with a big boot! The Great British Meme is down once again with Blake perhaps looking to go for a pin... but he doesn't, and looks up to the top rope! Archer doesn't take much time in making his decision as he scales up to the top, taking his time as the huge Archer is in an unlikely position however it would pay off huge if he connects with any move from here! He prepares himself before leaping and extending both his arms and legs out for the... 747 CRASH!

WAIT!

WILL GOT THE KNEES UP! Blake ends up crashing right onto the knees of Will, bouncing off and rolling to the mat. You can tell the impact still hurt Neilson though as he takes him time using the ropes to get to his feet, eyeing up a kneeling Archer before charging forward and connecting with a Superkick! The force of the kick rocks Archer but still doesn't knock him down, Will backing up towards the corner and trying for a different approach as he charges forward looking for a running knee strike straight across the face of Archer which... doesn't knock him down! Archer instead moves JUST out of the way, sending Will into the corner who stops for a second before turning around straight into a Belly to Belly Suplex by a now standing Archer!

ADAM FENRIC
The power! He's giving it all he's got!

EMERY LAYTON
He ain't done yet!

Will is somehow back to his feet, Blake now taking him up and delivering a second Belly to Belly that sends him up and over and back onto the canvas! He isn't getting up from this one though, Archer having to haul him up as he's unable to get up on his own accord. The big man isn't going to complete the trifecta, instead kneeing him in the gut and getting him in a Vertical position and looking for The Descent! It looks to be all over for Will as Archer keeps him up for a while to show off his power even more, finally flipping him over to complete the move... however it's Will who slips out the back! He grabs Archer from behind and spins him out... BICYCLE KNEE STRIKE! THAT'S IT!

MARK SANCTION
He just got him with the Bullet of the Century! That's finished off many of his foes in the past!

ADAM FENRIC
Blake is one hell of a machine, but I don't even think he can take a knee that strong just like that!

EMERY LAYTON
Lads! There's a cover!

With a look of confidence and still stumbling around, Will dives down to hook both of Blake's legs!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE-

WHAT?! BLAKE POWERED OUT! Archer remains in the match after kicking out of Neilson's patented knee!

EMERY LAYTON
He won't give up!

Will runs his hands through his hair, looking up towards the lights as he shakes off the cobwebs and gets up to his feet. He doesn't think over Blake kicking out too much, walking over towards the corner and yelling out various shite to get Archer up to his feet. It takes a while as the King of the Canines is still recovering from that huge knee strike, eventually up to his feet as Will races forward only to raise his arm up high!

WILL NEILSON
NO!

Neilson keeps his arm raised up, the crowd in near silence as he closes his eyes with Blake still trying to get his head back in the game.

WILL NEILSON
YOU-

JAB AVOIDED! SUPERMAN PUNCH CONNECTS!

ADAM FENRIC
Archer got him!

MARK SANCTION
That punch packed a lot! We could be seeing the end of WIll right now!

Literally popping up from out of absolutely nowhere, Archer is able to charge his fist and nail a Superman Punch straight to the face of Neilson which takes him right back down! Will ends up seated in the corner as Blake isn't letting him have any sort of offence back on his side, charging forward for a huge boot that knocks Neilson's head to the side and seemingly straight out! Blake tries to follow through, but doesn't and looks to take some time to recharge his batteries after using the remaining stack of his stamina to pull out that Superman Punch from being majorly stunned earlier. Will doesn't look too much better as he's had to spend the majority of this match draining Blake of his energy and using his speed to counter him, yet the big man has seemed to get around everything he's thrown at him. A few more seconds pass as Blake Archer lets out a convincing roar, going towards the corner and pulling Will out to take him down via the arm! Blake drops down as quick as he can in order to lock in the SAGITTARIUS BOW!

EMERY LAYTON
If he locks this in, cor blimey it's gonna be hard for that fella to get out.

MARK SANCTION
I wouldn't speak too soon! Look!

As Archer looks to apply the crossface, Neilson slips out from the back and leaps on top of the back of Blake in almost desperation with a splash! Both men felt the force of that splash as Will slides off of Blake, somehow getting back to his feet once again using the support of the ropes and proceeding to stomp down on the canvas constantly. He knows that if Archer manages to get one more huge move in on him, it could be lights out! Will slaps his chest and waits until Blake is doubled over before rebounding off the ropes and charging forward to throw his foot forward for VIVA LA LIVERPOOL! The free kick strikes Blake and yet that doesn't even bring him fully down as he struggles to stay on his feet, eventualyl coming to rest in the corner, his back facing Will as Neilson runs at Archer to jump onto his back and lock in a flying sleeper hold!

ADAM FENRIC
Will's been trying to drain the energy of Blake this entire match, he might have enough to put him to sleep!

Neilson looks to fall back into the sleeper hold for good, but ends up just falling off of Blake's back himself as Archer shakes him off with ease despite the multitude of sweat dripping off his forehead. Will isn't much better as he tries to get back to his feet, only for Blake to run up behind him and deliver a huge overhand strike that brings the meme down to the canvas once again! Blake backs up into the corner, still tired and running low on energy as he looks intent on running straight through Will and destroying him as he lets out one big ol' roar! Blake sees Neilson up onto his feet and sprints forward looking for the...

SILVER SHOT!

WAIT! NO!

Neilson lets him run straight past, almost making him fly into the corner but Blake backs up to see Will getting prepared as he swings upwards to catch Archer with a high kick! Blake still doesn't go down as Will swings for a second kick which Blake responds to with an elbow of his own! Archer forces Will into the ropes where he whips him off looking to connect with the Sliver SHot for good! He charges forward and aims for the Spear... HIGH SINGLE LEG DROPKICK!

MARK SANCTION
He caught him! Boot connecting straight to the face!

Archer still doesn't fall as Neilson grabs him for the PINCH OF SALT! Blake's head bounces off of Will's shoulder before Neilson pulls him in and hooks the arm, wasting no time in barely managing to lift the stunned big man up and spike him down with the...

LAG SPIKE!

EMERY LAYTON
Lag Spike! I 'member that one!

ADAM FENRIC
That's two finishing manouevers executed by Will this match! It could be all over!

Neilson takes his time as he falls backwards onto the pin, his shoulders nearly touching the mat but overall he's pinning Archer down!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

'Alone in a Room' plays again as Will rolls off of Blake, getting up onto his knees where he holds the side of his chest whilst being helped up to his feet by the referee and having his arm raised up high in the air.

HANA RAMIEREZ
Here is your winner... WILL NEILSON!

MARK SANCTION
These two threw everything they had at each other and it was simply a matter of who would break first, and unfortunately for Blake it was Will who outlasted him and also who walks away with a victory!

ADAM FENRIC
As Emery said earlier, this was a battle of two very different styles and ultimately we know that the speed of Will beat out the power of Blake. What a match though!

EMERY LAYTON
I always say the good stuff, innit?

Neilson rolls out of the ring as Blake Archer runs his hands through his head, not believing what just went down as Will can't help but fall back at the end of the ramp, sitting down and wiping some of the sweat from his head before standing up and raising his arms up high once again, having earned a victory to kick off proceedings at the Lord of the RIng event!
DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Characters Handled: Emery Layton
Adam Fenric
Aki Yasuko
Amy Taylor

Postby DJS » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:55 pm

This match is now OPEN for VOTING!

You guys have until 7TH SEPTEMBER 2018 to vote on this match.

Please use the Voting Template located HERE and adhere to the voting rules listed in there.

Good luck to both competitors!
Need catching up on the current Runaways/Final story arc going into Legends? Look here!
AngelicaVaughn
XWA World Television Champion
XWA World Television Champion

Re: [VOTE] XWA Lord of the Ring Finals: Blake Archer vs. Will Neilson

Postby AngelicaVaughn » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:32 pm

Blake Archer
What I liked: I really like your color scheme. The blue-yellow combi is very easy and pleasant too read. At first I thought I'd get confused between which announcer was talking, but that was never the case.
Speaking of commentary, some good lines in there! Loved the Three Dots and a Dash reference, as I once wrote a roleplay situated there.
Some moves were very well described, and the ending in particular was all the stronger for it. The jackhammer really seemed like a credible finish.
The match was quite well balanced, with Will getting a lot of offense in, and was allowed to look strong. Blake's comeback was energetic, and that kept it, in my opinion, from feeling all too rushed.

What I disliked: There was a part in Will Neilson's entrance that seemed a bit too much like a copy/paste job. "His facial expression can change depending on the match. It makes the whole entrance feel a bit generic. I always like to see entrances that are slightly unique, makes them stand out a bit, because it's a good way to hype the importance of the match.
F.e.: "Neilson grabs the camera and ays something relevant in the news that week." This makes me wonder... What did he say? Either come up with something, or don't include it, now it just feel like unnecessary filler and leaves the reader hanging.
There were also quite a few aparent tense switches from past to present, which threw me off. I don't mind whichever one you choose, but I'd recommend more consistency. This is not easy, and my work undoubtedly suffers from it too, but that's why I know it's a focus point.
Also punctuation. Especially in match writing it's important that you make it absolutely clear what is happening. Nothing worse than having to re-read, and I do think sentence structure is very important with that. I saw some very long run-on sentences, which were confusing. And try and use the occasional comma. I know I overdo them at times, but they can help.
One part, where Blake counts a flying senton, you describe Will as 'letting out a bit of a yelp'. This was promising, but lacked a lot of impact. It can be a turning point in a match, so sell it as such, with Neilson convulsing on the floor in agony, gritting his teeth etc etc. Make these moments mean something!

Personal Favourite Part: The jackhammer that ultimately does put Neil away after the false finish.

Personal Least Favourite Part: Will Neilson 'letting out a bit of a yelp' after what could've been used as a big time match-turning spot.

Constructive Criticism for Next Time: Be more consistent with tenses. Try and divide your sentences up a bit better. Try and convey some more emotion too, rather than just having your opponents go through the motions. There were some promising moments, but I feel like you didn't really capitalized on them as well as you could have. Dig a bit deeper into the psyche of the characters!

Final Comments: Overall an energetic match that allowed both competitors to look strong in their own right, with a decent ending. There were a few errors and missed opprtunities along the way, but this was a good opening contest all in all.

-------

Will Neilson:
What I liked: From the get-go, there was a good dynamic between the different styles being used and the size difference. And you gave it credibility by Will having trouble even putting a dent in Archer initially. It certainly set the tone.
There was good limb targeting, even calling back to matches that happened weeks ago. I always quite like those bits of contuinity, both in and out of the match. The shoulder being targeted instantly added another plot element.
Blake looked like an absolute beast. In building him up like that, you made this victory truly mean something.

What I disliked: Getting the commentary wrong, since Fenric and Emery weren't supposed to be commentating at this PPV, as far as I know (also checked with staff). Though I WILL say that I quite liked their portrayal.
The way you described the Memeingful Driver was a bit unclear. I'll admit this is partly my fault because I don't instantly know what a small package driver is, but you could also argue that any move described should be completely clear to the reader. It's not an easy hting to do though, I know that from experience.The same problem reemerged at the finish, too.
Like with Blake, a big time counter wasn't gven enough meaning, imo. THe counter of the 747 Crash happened... and then you just moved on. I'd have loved to see a bit of a crowd reaction, more of the announcers selling its meaningfulness, etc. In the end, I think you did do a bit of a better job than Blake at this.

Personal Favourite Part:Following the bibycle knee strike, there was some emotion on display, and you sold Neilson's disbelief at Archer kicking out quite well, as well as his frustration when Blake got back up. To have it end with a Superman Punch was a nice touch!

Personal Least Favourite Part: One sequence in particular confused me quite a bit, where Archer bounced off the turnbuckles with Will on his shoulders and ending in a Samoan drop. I had to go over that a few times.

Constructive Criticism for Next Time: The action is fluid, but I did miss a bit of an 'inside look' inside the heads of the competitors. I think this could've really benefited from a bit more focus on facial expressions, feelings, hopes, fears, etc. on top of the in-ring action. After all, in a match-writing fed the matches are a big part of your character development too.

Final Comments: This was honestly a very good match that made both competitors look quite strong. As in Blake's match, I was left wanting a bit of the 'emotional' side of things, as it was hard to see what they were thinking and feeling, which caused me to sort of feel like I was on the outside looking in, while I wanted to be a bit more engrossed. But there were good spots, there was consistency, it's just a shame you got the commentary team wrong.

----
The Person Getting My VOTE: Will Neilson
Overall Match Comments: I think Will did a better job continuity-wise, and the overall writing seemed more fluid and easier to follow. Both did some things very well (making each other look strong, having good finishes) and some other things I felt a bit lacking (emotional look inside their heads). But in the end I think Will was a bit better in most categories, making for a very solid outing. Both of you, this was certainly very entertaining, great job and thanks for the show!
RevolutionJones
Booking Team Member
Booking Team Member
Characters Handled: A.J. Morales
Hyphy Machinery (Dontell Porter & Jason Moana)

Re: [VOTE] XWA Lord of the Ring Finals: Blake Archer vs. Will Neilson

Postby RevolutionJones » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:18 am

And the winner is...WILL NEILSON!

Return to “XWA Lord of the Ring: The Final”