Legends All-Access: Daredevil's Return-ish [Austin Carter]

Interviews! Fan interaction! The Press Conference OPEN promo! Before the Biggest Event in the XWA comes the Biggest Fan Festival- it's Legends: All Access! (Details inside!)
Jessi
XWA World Tag Team Champion
XWA World Tag Team Champion
Characters Handled: Austin Carter

Legends All-Access: Daredevil's Return-ish [Austin Carter]

Postby Jessi » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:32 pm

Good old Boston, the home of the bean and the cod. Currently, it is the home for this year's Legends and for the first time, Legends All-Access - the event going on right this moment. With all the multiple activities going on in the fan fest, fans find the time to stand in the 37° weather, watching a stage. A stage that so happens to have two chairs and one of those mic stands that carry two microphones at a time in between them. There's a screen above said objects, showing a timer. Counting down:

“00:10
00:09”

The crowd, so excited, they've decided to let the back of the stage know how much longer it's going to be before they send out the interviewer exclusive to XWA Massacre: Laura Stark.

“00:03
00:02
00:01”

And out she comes- Laura Stark- to very warm reaction! The interviewer sits down, grabbing a microphone from the stand, she waits for the crowd's noise to cease.

LAURA STARK
First off, you guys are insane for standing out here in this weather!

Well, guys, it's been a long time coming. 3 months ago, at the prime of his career, he sustained a knee injury during a cage match. Now, he has taken time off of his recovery to be here for Legends All-Access with you all. Ladies and Gentlemen, please help me welcome back… Your “Windy City Daredevil”... Austin Carter!

The beginning of Citizen Erased by Muse begins to play through the icy sound systems. A decent pop from the crowd when they spot Carter coming out onto the stage, knee brace and all. With a little limp in his step, he walks towards the seat next to Ms. Stark but he doesn't sit down just yet. He acknowledges the crowd, lifting his signature peace sign with his right hand. A smile to Laura and he plants himself down on the chair, grabbing the last available microphone.

AUSTIN CARTER
… hello.

Barely can get a hello in before the crowd greets him with the same response as before. Austin smiles at the warm welcome. With that exact smile, he turns to Laura.

LAURA STARK
How does that feel? That's all for you.

AUSTIN CARTER
Honestly, it feels great. It's weird though, it kind of feels like y'all missed me…

Another pop for good measure.

AUSTIN CARTER
Well that's awfully too kind of you, thank you, I appreciate it.

Heya, Stark! What's happening?! It's been a hot minute. Last we saw each other, other than just now backstage…

A few crowd members interrupt Austin with those childish “oooo’s”.

AUSTIN CARTER
Not like that, ya weirdos! Christ! You're worse than Emery! Now, where was I… see y'all made me lose my train of thought.

LAURA STARK
We were talking about the last time we did an interview, which would be the last Massacre before Fool's Gold, where you faced Robert Hope.

AUSTIN CARTER
Oh yeah, I remember that one. Some rando interrupted it, we shouldn't tal- actually know what Stark, ask me all the damn questions. No question is off limits here.

LAURA STARK
Ok, so since we are on the subject… Let's talk Fool's Gold, the last time we saw you here at XWA. Manchester, England. It was the second biggest show, next to Legends. All eyes were on the XWA that night…

AUSTIN CARTER
It was a big deal. Lord of the ring was crowned. Hardy vs Sabbath in the main event. It was a big night.

LAURA STARK
That was also the night where you were involved in a cage match with Trevor Miller, in which afterwards you were forced to suffer a knee injury at the hands of Miller and his new tag partner, Danny Hall.

AUSTIN CARTER
Yeah, that happened. Know what? I'm glad. I'm happy for Trevor, he finally found someone just as delusional as him, it's quite the bromance. Second to me and AJ Mo-Mo by a far, far, very far second, but they're up there.

As for the injury, I'm actually glad it happened…

LAURA STARK
Glad?! That's certainly not what I was expecting you to say…

AUSTIN CARTER
I'm sure you're not the only one. It's true, though. I've never been happier. I've been spending my recovery time with the doggo, caught up on some comics that needed reading. Laura, I've finally sat down and watched a Blackhawks game that I didn't have recorded for 3-4 weeks for the first time in a while…

Some boos sound from the crowd at the sound of the name of the hockey team. We're in Boston, after all. Bruin's Country.

AUSTIN CARTER
Hey now! You knew this was expected, coming from a Chicagoan. I'm sorry but you'll just have to deal with it. Also, to break your hearts even more, as if you didn't know already…

Carter points to Stark.

AUSTIN CARTER
She's worse than I am!

LAURA STARK
I am not!

AUSTIN CARTER
Oh really?

Ladies and Gentlemen, Laura Stark is one to text you during halftime - in all caps, might I add - to tell you how awfully good or how awfully bad the team is playing.

LAURA STARK
I'm sorry if my passion for hockey is too much for you to handle!

AUSTIN CARTER
Oh, I can handle it, believe me.

Anyways, my time away has been good, no complaints.

LAURA STARK
So… you don't miss it? This?

AUSTIN CARTER
If I'm being honest… I try to keep Wrestling out of the mind. I realized that if I were to think about it, it would only make me feel… bitter.

LAURA STARK
Bitter in what sense?

AUSTIN CARTER
Come on, you know me. I'm like every person here. Every person here, in some way, shape or form, has identified Wrestling as a part of their lives, I mean they stood out here in 37° weather just to hangout with you and I. I'm the first one to say that I am the biggest fan of it all. Hell, I do it for a living. Me not Wrestling has been rough, not gonna lie. I do miss it. I'm not going to sit here and pretend that me being here at this event makes me a bit bitter. Oh, how I would LOVE to wrestle my second Legend…

That's another thing! Can you believe it's been 1 year?!

Mini pop.

AUSTIN CARTER
Feels like it's been longer…

LAURA STARK
A year of the Daredevil!

AUSTIN CARTER
Yeah, that's it!

LAURA STARK
So, tell me. In 2018, we know you’re probably gonna show up late to the party…

AUSTIN CARTER
… As always.

LAURA STARK
It seems like the common theme for you.

AUSTIN CARTER
It is, just ask anyone who's invited me out places. I prefer the term fashionably late.

LAURA STARK
So with your fashionably late return back to the ring, what can the XWA Universe expect from the Daredevil in the new year?

AUSTIN CARTER
What to expect… I'd be lying if I told you this grand description of what is expected of me to do when I come back. Truth is, I don't know. I've still got, 3-9 months left in recovery, maybe less than that. I don't know. I know the main priority right now is to get this functioning back to normal again. When that happens, well, we'll see.

I'm just focused on getting better, anything to help me do that, I'll do it. If I were to promise one thing: 2018, Austin Carter is coming back. Don't know how, don't know when, but I am coming back and that, you can quote me on.

LAURA STARK
Oh I will, just wrote it down on my notepad.

AUSTIN CARTER
Of course you did.

LAURA STARK
And with that, ladies and gentlemen… we're done.

Some sounds of disapproval come from the crowd.

AUSTIN CARTER
Really?! It's been like 5 mins…

LAURA STARK
It's been longer.

AUSTIN CARTER
… fine.

Carter crosses his arms and looks away from Stark, who can't help but laugh at his childish actions.

LAURA STARK
You know what, Austin…

AUSTIN CARTER
What?

LAURA STARK
It's was great having you here…

AUSTIN CARTER
It was?! I must've done something right.

LAURA STARK
And it was great having you guys here!

Medium pop from the crowd because they were mentioned.

LAURA STARK
And thank you to those watching at home, I've been Laura Stark…

AUSTIN CARTER
… and I think I've been Austin Carter…

LAURA STARK
Goodbye, everyone!

The cameras cut to show the XWA logo to the viewers at home. Back in Boston, Laura Stark and Austin Carter greets fans before heading backstage.

LAURA STARK
That was fun, wasn't it?

AUSTIN CARTER
Yeah, why wouldn't it be?

LAURA STARK
I don't know… just my brain going all over the place.

AUSTIN CARTER
You should take a break then. I saw this place that I think sells alcohol, think it's called a bar, not to sure though.

LAURA STARK
Yeah?

AUSTIN CARTER
Oh yeah, and hey, you can even get Holly to cover any other interviews you may have.

LAURA STARK
I think you were my last one…

AUSTIN CARTER
For real? Dang it, Stark, just tugged at my heartstrings there.

Stark rolls her eyes.

LAURA STARK
Are we going or not?

AUSTIN CARTER
I don't recall you agreeing to go…

Eyes at shot, Stark is serious.

AUSTIN CARTER
… right. Lead the way, Stark.

And there they go, riding off into the sunset… or something.

[END]

"ALROIGHT MATE OIM A GEEZER INNIT, AHM GOIN THE PUB. LUV ME BIG BEAUTIFUL BRITISH BOLLOCKS AND
ME QUEEN GOOOODDD SAAAVVVVVEEEEEE OOOOOOUUUURRRRR QUUUUEEEEEENNNN

Tea." - DJS, 2018

Return to “Legends: All Access!”