Massacre #8: Solidarity (Layton & Fenric)

A 'Revolution' debuts, a Tag Team scramble and Layton & Fenric's rocky relationship is put to the test in the worst way...
DJS
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Massacre #8: Solidarity (Layton & Fenric)

Postby DJS » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:00 am

t's a dangerous old world at the moment in the XWA. As the last Massacre from Sao Paulo opens, we are shown the backstage area. The parking lot to be specific. A huge 4x4 has just pulled up- through the windows we can see blankets, sheets, general household items. As the door opens, a few things fall out which prompts an under-her-breath "shit" as Emery Layton lets out a sigh and packs it all back in, shutting the door to barricade it all in. She's got her Union Battleground Trench War title on one shoulder and a bag on the other. She looks around, hearing a noise. No. Not her too. Ever since the vicious Survivors attack on Smith Jones and Laurel Anne Hardy, she's been on edge. As she walks along, she hears another noise and stops. She puffs out her chest. Tough, now, Em.

EMERY LAYTON:
Someone there?

Silence. Well...until-

ADAM FENRIC:
There is always someone there, Emery. But now they're making movements against us.

Em nearly jumps out of her skin, dropping everything and holding her chestas she turns to her opposite side to see Adam Fenric, stood in the shadows in his big, black cloak.

EMERY LAYTON:
Holy fucking Christ. How long have you been stood there?

ADAM FENRIC:
Long enough.

EMERY LAYTON:
You've been there all night, haven't you?

ADAM FENRIC:
Yes. I find when a hunter is out for prey, the shadows are the last place they want to look.

EMERY LAYTON:
Well if you ever get sick of the wrestling gig, you'd make an excellent poet.

Em begins to pick all of her stuff up.

ADAM FENRIC:
The time for jokes has ended. I require focus. We must discuss strategy. I trust you are aware of our predicament- in spite of our alliance, tonight we face one on one. I trust this is the work of Richard J Maxwell. Recent events lead me to believe Trace Demon has provided some sort of "directive" to wipe out people currently seen as a problem.

EMERY LAYTON:
Yeah, tell me about it. And come to think of it- where the hell were you at Creature from the XWA?

ADAM FENRIC:
You seemed to find yourself some aid with little to no problem.

EMERY LAYTON:
But I needed you!

ADAM FENRIC:
Ive no direct quarrel with War Enforcement and Catastrophe. Smith Jones nor Laurel Anne Hardy are my allies. It was of no concern of mine.

EMERY LAYTON:
...Sorry?

Em, usually quite jovial and affable, is now glaring right at Adam Fenric.

ADAM FENRIC:
We already have our own concerns, like the Inner Circle for instance. I find it beneficial to minimalise the problem. I do not feel the need to embroil myself further and create more...complications.

EMERY LAYTON:
Solidarity is a complication?

ADAM FENRIC:
No. Planning for a degenerate like Serena Maxwell is. Strategising for someone as deadly as Raine is. We could see War Enforcement or Catastrophe any day now, due to your involvement. Use your brain, Emery. Use all 100% of it.

EMERY LAYTON:
I'm not stupid. I'll see you in the ring.

And she begins to walk off, as Adam stands still.

ADAM FENRIC:
Deliberately.

She stops. Emery Layton stops in her tracks and pauses. Suddenly she spins her entire body around.

EMERY LAYTON:
What was that?

ADAM FENRIC:
You're not stupid deliberately. You mean well in your own mind, but you're reckless. Far too reckless to know what you're actually doing most of the time. You claim "bad people are your hobby" and yet you enable it by being an actively challenging person.

EMERY LAYTON:
Stop it.

ADAM FENRIC:
You have no concept of the consequences of your actions. Perhaps that is why you choose to run. Because you can't face--

EMERY LAYTON:
STOP it. Just stop.

She scoops her stuff up and walks off, at a much faster pace than before. Adam rolls his eyes and shakes his head as Em leaves the scene. We're not even two weeks into the tag team and as Massacre begins, Layton & Fenric may already be primed to explode...
[CLOSED]