XWA Massacre: Giovanni Bianchi vs The Lynx

A 'Revolution' debuts, a Tag Team scramble and Layton & Fenric's rocky relationship is put to the test in the worst way...
Michael Swift
Staff

XWA Massacre: Giovanni Bianchi vs The Lynx

Postby Michael Swift » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:02 am

It is a week of surprise at...

LIVE! From the Ibirapuera, Sao Paulo, Brazil (20,000 Capacity)
Broadcast exclusively on The Xperience!

Singles Action!

ImageImageImage

Giovanni Bianchi vs The Lynx

The angry beast from the abyss is even angrier than usual, coming up short in getting his hands on the Hardcore Title. Will he be able to keep that anger in check as the Hero of Naples looks for revenge for his loss last Massacre? Or will the Nightmare Incarnate prove to be the Achilles heel for the young wrestler?

WORD COUNT:

--------
Deadline for matches is 29th March 2017 at 11:59 Eastern Standard Time.
Voting will start at this time and conclude on 3rd April 2017 at 11:59 Eastern Standard Time.
[CST is one hour earlier. GMT is five hours later.]
Fireglow
Lord of the Ring Participant
Lord of the Ring Participant

Re: XWA Massacre: Giovanni Bianchi vs The Lynx

Postby Fireglow » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:45 pm

Dawn of Victory by Rhapsody of Fire squeals it’s way on the public announcement system. Giovanni walks in backwards with his arms stretched out as if he was spreading wings. He dramatically turns around and pumps his fist in excitement. Bianchi runs down high fiving the fans on the way and jumps atop the apron. He raises his arm up in the air and then enters the ring. In the middle of the ring, he drops to one knee and presses his two forefingers against his lips. Then he touches his mother’s name on the necklace and points it up to the sky. He rises up to his feet and waits for whoever he will face in the match of the evening.

Hana: Introducing first from Naples, Italy. He is The Technical Titan, Giovanni Bianchi!

Mark: Last time he faced off against The Lynx, he came out in a losing effort. Here is hoping he can come out with the win tonight.

Tempest: I certainly hope he can bring more of a fight. If not, Lynx will tear him to smithereens.

Mark: Well if he can at last take down The Lynx, I’m sure doors will open up for the young man.

The lights go out completely and the opening organs of Prancing Dad by Prince of Darkness sound throughout the Battlezone. Four separate 'priests' come out with three foot sticks having a jack o'lantern hanging on the top, all four lit with candles. Fog permeates the area and enshrouds the Battlezone. Out comes the new and improved dominate force "The Lynx". He flips the new orange and black cloak back and raises an arm up in the air. He stomps his way down the ramp with the crowd hissing at him. He confronts one person, stares down into his soul, forcing him to sit down out of the pure terror. The Lynx walks up the steel steps and steps over the ropes. He drops down to his knees in the middle of the ring, arms outstretched and looks downward like he was peering down into the abyss. He drives both fists into the mat and fire shoots out of the ring posts. He then stands up, ready to waste away Giovanni as soon as the bell rings. The referee stands between the man and monster, looking to see if both are ready.

Hana: Introducing the opponent from the Trenches of the Abyss. He is The Nightmare Incarnate, The Lynx!!!

Mark: Giovanni better watch out as The Lynx looks raring to go since the last fatal four way match they had together, where Alex Krull came out the winner.

Tempest: Magic powers, a monstrous being and a pissed off nature are not something you just want to come across.

Mark: Get ready for it!

The bell rings to start the match

Giovanni is wary and with good reason, for he has yet to conquer the beast that stands in front of him. The Lynx knows tonight will be a match that could prove he can defeat the same opponent more than once and increase his standings in the company as a whole. Bianchi in the other hand needs the win just to stay relevant, for the Italian hasn’t been that impressive since his inception here in Xtreme Wrestling Alliance. Bianchi runs forward, Dropkicking his opponent in the chest, but he doesn’t budge an inch. The Underworld’s Greatest Gift just stands there stoic as can be. Giovanni backs up and runs right back at the monstrous being, jumping forward with a Shoulder Block, but once again The Lynx in unmovable. Wild kick and punches are sent right into his abdomen, The Lynx tilting his head down and simply staring at his foe.

Mark: This is not looking good for Bianchi! The Lynx doesn’t seem to be fazed by anything that the Italian is doing.

Tempest: What’s worse is that I think Giovanni is about to realize he needs to come with a gameplan for a monster like this if he wants to actually do something.

Mark: You’re absolutely right. Running into the thick of it with a head strong attack isn’t wise when you are up against a beast like this.

Tempest: Oh no, looks like The Lynx is finally beginning to set himself in motion.

The Nightmare Incarnate plows through Giovanni with a headbutt to the face of his opponent, getting him to fall back from surprise. Bianchi gets back up and eats a Big Boot followed up by stomps into his legs to make sure Bianchi doesn’t have a speed advantage in the near future. Picking him back up, The Architect of Destruction slams him down with all his might with a back breaking spinebuster!

Mark: Eternal Rest! That signature Spinebuster looks more painful than ever!

Tempest: I hate to say it, but I’m afraid that Giovanni just doesn’t stand too much of a chance if he can’t get some momentum back.

The crowd begins to boo because the favored superstar is getting beaten to a bloody pulp. The Lynx pulls Giovanni up once again, whipping the wrestler across the ring. Once returning, The Nightmare Incarnate runs forward and bulldozes him with a Clothesline From Hell! Bianchi is laid out from the signature Death By Design, looking all too out of it. Fans begin to throw cups, tissues and all the like at the monstrous being. The masked monster shrugs it off and does a cut throat taunt, showing all that the end is about to be near.

Mark: Oh no. This may spell the end for Bianchi already.

Tempest: This guy has potential, but against a monster like The Lynx sometimes you just need more than just potential.

Picking Giovanni up, he flips him upside down and straddles his legs apart a bit in preparation. He jumps up and spins out in a three hundred sixty degree rotation, Piledriving his opponent like he’s never done before to completely incapacitate him! The Lynx gets up, placing his boot on top of the Italian for the Cocky Pin.

One! Two! Three!

The bell rings.

Mark: Justl like that, it’s all over!

Tempest: Sweet Christmas, The Lynx just ripped him to shreds.

Hana: Here is your winner, The Lyyyyyyynx!

Prancing Dad plays and The Lynx throws a pellet to the ground, where fog emerges. He simply disappears into the fog and the show continues to the next part of the show.

*Sorry for the small amount by I have been really busy lately. Next week i'll do more promise*
Lunacorva

Re: XWA Massacre: Giovanni Bianchi vs The Lynx

Postby Lunacorva » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:11 am

I'm guessing this is where we vote or give feedback on the matches.

Now, Giovanni's handler hasn't submitted a match, so obviously I'm giving the win to Lynx by default, but that doesn't mean I can't give some feedback.

In terms of writing and description, the match was fine. You established the history and stakes well.

The only problem I had with the match (Though admittedly, it IS a big problem). Is that you SEVERELY undercut your opponent. And in a way that's actually out of character, given his moniker.

He's meant to be a "Technical Giant", correct? So why is he charging in headfirst like an amateur on his first day? Wouldn't he be trying to use a gameplan or fight more intelligently? Maybe go after a limb or try to to tire Lynx out or just SOMETHING besides running headfirst into a brickwall. People acting like idiots around giants is always something of a pet peeve of mine in the WWE.

Anyway, I have my own rating system for matches in E-Wrestling. How it works, is I judge each match using four criteria I call “The Four ‘T’s”. Technique, Tempo, Tension and Tale
Technique: The work rate and in ring moves of the wrestlers. A Chris Benoit vs Kurt Angle match or a solid luchadore match has great technique. To cater to Hardcore matches, this is also where I'll give points for "Cool" moments and "Holy Shit" spots.
Tempo: This is the in ring pacing, energy and storytelling. Is it a fast paced brawl? Or a slow chinlock fest? The backlash match between The Rock and Stone Cold had great Tempo (Note, this also covers how well the story is told IN RING. Selling and character work will be covered here)
Tension: Is it an obvious squash, or does the match keep you on your toes with near falls to the end?
Tale: The build up and backstory to the match.
Each category will be given a rating out of five.
1= Bad
2= Average
3= Good
4= REALLY Good
5= This is Awesome!!! Clap! Clap! Clapclapclap!!
Finally, those points will be totalled up to give the final star rating.
20-19 ***** (One of the greatest matches of all time.)
18-17 ****½ (Holy CRAP that was good!!)
16-15 **** (Amazing)
14-13 ***1/2 (VERY Good)
11-12 *** (Good)
10-9 **1/2 (Decent)
8-7 ** (Average)
6-5 *1/2 (Poor)
4 * (Get a refund)

Score for this match:

Technique: 2
Tempo: 1
Tension: 1