[CLOSED] A.J. Morales vs. Rey Del Presagio (c) - HARDCORE TITLE

The XWA Hardcore Championship - it's the Title That Never Stops. Challenge the champion. Defend the belt- Anytime. Any place. Anywhere. (No Cards/Request-Based)
DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Characters Handled: Emery Layton
Adam Fenric
Aki Yasuko
Amy Taylor

[CLOSED] A.J. Morales vs. Rey Del Presagio (c) - HARDCORE TITLE

Postby DJS » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:49 am

Broadcast exclusively on The Xperience
LIVE! Any Time, Any Place, Anywhere!

XWA Hardcore Championship!
ImageImageImage

A.J. Morales vs. Rey Del Presagio (c)

Rey Del Presagio shocked the world by returning to challenge A.J. Morales for the Hardcore title. He shocked them even more by WINNING said title and becoming the new XWA Hardcore Champion.

But now, confined to a cruise-ship, Morales challenges Rey once more to try and take back what he feels is his!

Deadline for matches is 21st September 2018 at 11:59 Eastern Standard Time.
Voting will start at this time and conclude on 26th September 2018 at 11:59 Eastern Standard Time.
[CST is one hour earlier. GMT is five hours later.]
Need catching up on the current Runaways/Final story arc going into Legends? Look here!
RevolutionJones
Booking Team Member
Booking Team Member
Characters Handled: A.J. Morales
Hyphy Machinery (Dontell Porter & Jason Moana)

Re: [CHALLENGE] A.J. Morales vs. Rey Del Presagio (c) - HARDCORE TITLE

Postby RevolutionJones » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:31 am

So...yeah, I'm not gonna be able to get this in. Midterms, essays, and shaky mental health aren't really conducive to match-writing, and even then, the closer I got to finishing the match, the more I started to see that what I was doing wasn't really helping A.J.'s ongoing storyline. Like, sure, the eventual endpoint is a match where it might make sense for the Hardcore Championship to be on the line, but immediately snapping away from the whole lights mystery for something unrelated right after the key moment where the lights screw A.J. over kinda undercuts the whole thing, and it's not worth doing that to maybe add some more stakes to a match a couple months out, depending on whether I would have been able to keep the belt long enough to take it there.

In the meantime, I encourage anyone out there who wants to get adventurous and push themselves as match-writers to give a Hardcore 24/7 match a shot.

Return to “Hardcore 24/7!”