[CLOSED] Hardcore 24/7: A.J. Morales vs. Will Neilson - HARDCORE TITLE!

The XWA Hardcore Championship - it's the Title That Never Stops. Challenge the champion. Defend the belt- Anytime. Any place. Anywhere. (No Cards/Request-Based)
DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Characters Handled: Emery Layton
Adam Fenric
Aki Yasuko
Amy Taylor

[CLOSED] Hardcore 24/7: A.J. Morales vs. Will Neilson - HARDCORE TITLE!

Postby DJS » Mon May 28, 2018 3:11 pm

Broadcast exclusively on The Xperience
LIVE! Any Time, Any Place, Anywhere!

XWA Hardcore Championship!
ImageImageImage

A.J. Morales(c) vs. Will Neilson

A.J. Morales has been seemingly unstoppable as XWA Hardcore Champion...but a new challenge has arisen! Will Neilson, a brand new star in XWA, steps up to face the Revolution.

Can the Great British Meme take the XWA Hardcore Championshp for himself?

Deadline for matches is 6th June 2018 at 11:59 Eastern Standard Time.
Voting will start at this time and conclude on 12th June 2018 at 11:59 Eastern Standard Time.
[CST is one hour earlier. GMT is five hours later.]
Need catching up on the current Runaways/Final story arc going into Legends? Look here!
Will Neilson
Characters Handled: Will Neilson

Re: Hardcore 24/7: A.J. Morales vs. Will Neilson - HARDCORE TITLE!

Postby Will Neilson » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:45 pm

--- MIAMI, FLORIDA ---

The Miami International Airport was surprisingly quiet for this time of day, but still a fair few people were hauling suitcases and themselves in and out of gates and terminals, some boarding their planes and others getting off. Families were conversing, whilst lone travellers were checking out with their passports to confirm their arrival.

A simple figure stands out from the crowd though, also appearing to have just gotten off a plane touching down in Miami. The blonde streak in the man’s hair easily made him identifiable to observers of the wrestling world, as he rolled along a fairly heavy looking black suitcase with bright red headphones around his neck, the cord connecting to a phone within his trouser pocket. This was a fairly normal day for A.J Morales so far, as the reigning XWA Hardcore Champion walks past the few crowds of people that have gathered at the terminal and heads towards straight forward towards another gate.

It was almost instantaneous with his walking, the crowd of people seemingly getting thinner and thinner as they gathered elsewhere but it gave him some room to get to where he needed to be.

--- MEANWHILE ---

At the entrance to Miami International Airport stood a fairly tall man with his hands firmly placed in his black leather jacket pocket, zipped up and all with dark shades to match the mysterious appearance of the man combined with light blue tight jeans and an old pair of converse trainers. In his right hand was a black zipped up guitar case, as he held it out to the floor. People brushed past him as he looked up towards the entrance, getting a few odd stares here and there but ultimately, he was at this airport for a reason, getting his phone out from his pocket and looking down at what appears to be a Twitter feed.

???
And I thought it’d be hard to catch him… in a way I feel disappointed in him for giving away his location like this.

He smirked and took the fairly dark shades off, quickly folding them up and placing them in the left side pocket of his jacket, putting his phone in the right side pocket after turning it off. The identity of this man was clear from the wild hair and shit eating grin, the newest signee to XWA and current WCCW Television Champion, Will Neilson. With a scheduled Lord of the Ring match-up against Rivers King to look forward to, Neilson had realised that he had to find the man that had been leading him on a hunt for quite a while now. Announcing his intentions to challenge for the XWA Hardcore Championship, Will had a task and that was to find the current champion, A.J Morales, catch him off guard and walk away as champion heading into the Lord of the Ring tournament. In tow with Will was a referee clearly identifiable, needing him to start this Hardcore Championship match if he were to find Morales.

Neilson smiled at the thought of A.J easily giving away his location like this, not too long after saying to Will on Twitter that he would have to ‘catch him first’ before the Hardcore Championship match could take place. Neilson examined the amount of people entering and leaving the airport carefully, realising that a brawl in this environment could be trouble, however this was possibly his only chance to take out Morales and add another championship to his records. With an arrogant attitude to him and a hot head, the man known as the Great British Meme strolled into the airport where the automatic doors allowed him easy access, the referee following close behind.

WILL NEILSON
I can wait all day A.J… all day.

Will walked into the airport and looked over at the many crowds of people shuffling around, leaning against a wall near the doors and looking out for his opponent. Neilson put down the case and unzipped it, taking out an acoustic guitar and holding it in his hands, slowly strumming it whilst waiting.

WILL NEILSON
Blend in, stay out of sight.

He said this to the referee, but of course the referee wasn’t going to bossed around by Will, he simply stood away from Will. The stripes were easily identifiable, causing Will to look over and sigh.

WILL NEILSON
I mean… he’s stupid enough to reveal his own location, just gotta keep the attention on myself.

Neilson continued to strum the guitar, playing a short tune as the referee patiently stood waiting with Will looking up and around for A.J.

--- BACK TO OUR CHAMPION ---

A.J had made his way through customs, checking out and dragging the suitcase along with him to the entrance of the airport as he rubs his free hand over his face as a sign of jetlag. Morales gets closer to the door when something catches his eye, well… more than he heard something then made him raise his eyebrows and look over towards a wall, a lone man with his head down to the floor, slowly playing an acoustic guitar as Morales pushes his hair out of his face and looks closer at the guitarist, he looks all too familiar to him.

A.J MORALES
This doesn’t feel right…

Morales took a glimpse to his right and saw the stripes of one of XWA’s officials nearby at the door leading outside, smirking and now being able to identify the man playing the guitar in front of him. A.J. slowly reached down and unzipped part of his suitcase, checking inside for something and nodding before taking the headphones from around his neck, detaching the cable from his phone and placing both in the suitcase. Morales shook his head and rolled up to the guitarist, who wasn’t doing a good job at concealing his identity.

A.J MORALES
Neilson.

The man looks to see who’s in front of him, a worried expression fills his face as he looks away to try and regain his composure, the reigning XWA Hardcore Champion standing in front of him.

MAN
C-come again?

A.J MORALES
Oh. Wait a minute…

Within an instant, A.J reaches down into his slightly opened suitcase, deciding to undo the zip a bit more in order to reach in and pull out what he needed, that being the XWA Hardcore Championship itself. The guitarist slowly began to get off the wall, leaning his guitar against it, but keeping it in sight as he stood face to face with ‘The Revolution’. Morales threw the title over his shoulder, and stood face to face with the… ‘unknown’ guitarist, who tried to smile back at him.

A.J MORALES
Will Neilson. The next challenger to this?

MAN (under his breath)
Fuck…

He finally lifted his face up so it was clear as daylight, and of course it was Will Neilson. Who else would do a poor job at trying to hide his identity? Neilson shook his head around to warm up, and then took a glance at the title belt laying on the shoulder of A.J Morales.

WILL NEILSON
And I thought it would work… it’s a pleasure actually meeting face to face with you A.J.

A.J MORALES
I’d say the same towards you, however it’s clear to me why you are here.

Morales looks over at his shining title, patting it as Will lifts his eyebrows down and looks back towards A.J, the smile gone from his face.

WILL NEILSON
You should’ve stopped yourself from posting that tweet, it’s been a pain trying to track you and finally we’ve been lead to this point.

A.J MORALES
It was going to happen sooner or later wasn’t it? You think you can live up to the hype?

WILL NEILSON
Stop with the questions Morales, look back at that title belt on your shoulders and recognise what each match you have with it represents, the hardcore spirit. Any time, any place, we’ve even got a crowd as well.

A.J MORALES
I can see that.

Morales took the time to look around, examining the many people walking in and out of the airport. The referee still stood against the wall manages to spot the staredown between the two competitors, walking over to the two as no fists have been thrown yet.

A.J MORALES
There’s your giveaway.

WILL NEILSON
Yeah, lucky for you the ref over here didn’t bother to stay out of sight. Otherwise…

Neilson looked towards the guitar he leaned against the wall just a minute ago.

WILL NEILSON
I would have smashed you over the head with this.

A.J MORALES
What’s stopping you from doing it now?

Morales smiled, trying to push the challenger’s buttons as Neilson flicked his hair out of his face and got closer to A.J, thinking his next words carefully.

WILL NEILSON
I-

Just then at the perfect time, camera crews along with the all too familiar faces of Chris Novak and Joe Delonge run through the automatic doors with microphones, forcing both Neilson and Morales both to turn towards them.

CHRIS NOVAK
Aaaaaaaaand… there we go! Hello everybody! I’m Chris Novak, he’s Joe Delonge and once again we are LIVE for a XWA Hardcore Championship defence!

JOE DELONGE
The challenger, Will Neilson! The champion, A.J Morales! I’ve been looking forward for another title defence from Morales for a while now, and we’ve got it in the form of some new blood to XWA in Will Neilson!

CHRIS NOVAK
We’re here at Miami International Airport after our trusty official over here gave us the call, whew!

JOE DELONGE
The rules have always been the same, and today they have extended over to this very busy airport, it’s like a wrestling crowd… but most people don’t know what’s going on!

CHRIS NOVAK
Let’s just hope these two don’t get too- OH!

Will takes advantage of Morales being distracted and leans his head back to deliver a stiff headbutt to the reigning champion! The force of Will crashing his cranium into A.J’s forces Morales to drop his belt to the floor and stumble back onto one knee, holding his head and looking up at Neilson who simply smirks down.

CHRIS NOVAK
Jeez! That was one hell of a headbutt from the challenger here! Giving it all early on here to the four time XWA Hardcore Champion as A.J looks completely taken back by the move.

JOE DELONGE
I see people already looking over at this, oh boy… I have a feeling these two are going to use this environment to its full potential.

CHRIS NOVAK
That’s what people like Morales are all about! He’s willing to use anything and everything to make sure that he still remains champion, but that headbutt from Will might just slow him down.

Whilst some people stop and stare, others who are in a rush walk past the match taking place. Will looks down at the still kneeling A.J and reaches for his guitar to gain an advantage over Morales, however the defending champion jumps up to his feet and drives Will into the wall, the back of Neilson clashing against the wall he was previously leaning on, his hand unable to grab the acoustic guitar.

CHRIS NOVAK
This is what I’m talking about! Morales pushing Will Neilson straight into the wall!

A.J leans back up and begins to punch away at the face of Will, forcing the challenger to hold his arms up in order to defend himself. Morales takes a step back and lunges forward with his right leg, delivering a hard Superkick straight to the face of Will! Neilson is unable to get any protection up, head bouncing off the wall as he falls to a seated position.

JOE DELONGE
Ouch! That’s gotta hurt in the morning!

CHRIS NOVAK
Neilson is going to be taking the full force of that Superkick with no arms up to protect him, he appears stunned already!

Morales has Neilson down here, but instead of going for the cover he reaches over towards the guitar that Neilson had been playing previously, Will seemingly out of it as Morales raises the acoustic guitar above his head and eyes up the challenger.

JOE DELONGE
That’s a man’s guitar! You can’t hit a man with his own guitar!

CHRIS NOVAK
No rules Joe! A.J can do whatever he wants in this Hardcore Championship match!

A.J swings the guitar down looking to smash it over Will’s head… but at the last moment, Neilson sees his own musical instrument heading straight for his face, letting out a yell and rolling to the side and seeing his guitar smash to pieces on the wall!

WILL NEILSON
My GUITAR!

JOE DELONGE
His GUITAR!

CHRIS NOVAK
The instrument has seemed to play its final tune here, it’s unsalvageable!

A.J is left with the handle of the acoustic guitar in his hand, looking over at the pieces on the floor and letting out a deep sigh. His title still remains close to him on the floor, and he hesitates for a second by dropping the handle… allowing Will to literally jump against the wall, bouncing off of it and kicking A.J across the side of the face!

CHRIS NOVAK
Anything can happen! That looked straight out of a video game as Will bounces off the wall to kick Morales where it hurts and with the headbutt inflicted earlier on, Morales’ face doesn’t look to be holding up too well!

JOE DELONGE
The things a man will do for his guitar… truly incredible!

CHRIS NOVAK
I… I’ll give it to you, that was pretty incredible.

A.J leans his arms forward and falls down in an instant from the high kick, Will falling into a quick cover on the champion.

REFEREE
1!

2-

Morales kicks out! Will then leans down to pick A.J up by his hair as he proceeds to bring him over towards the main section of the airport, the camera crew and commentary team following them closely behind. Security now starting to get involved as they rush towards the scene, but are stopped by people who begin to move in and watch the scene with enjoyment, as they're too busy with the crowd to break up the 'fight' going on between to them, two unknown men.

CHRIS NOVAK
Morales with the kick out after that wall kick.

JOE DELONGE
This place is packed! I can barely make it through!

Through the crowd, Will continues to tussle with A.J as ‘The Revolution’ continues to try and fight back with elbows to the gut, somehow still functioning after two hard shots to the face as he manages to free himself from Will’s grasp. Neilson sees the increasing crowd who are coming through the terminal, and nods, getting an idea in his head as he runs from Morales and disappears into the crowd of people who have no idea what’s going on, security still apprehending people back at the original scene of the fight.

CHRIS NOVAK
Hey! Where’d Neilson go?

JOE DELONGE
That’s what we’re all wondering! It’s like he’s just vanished, and now A.J looks like just a regular bystander in this increasing crowd, why are none of these people interested?

Morales sees Will’s disappearance as an opportunity to unzip his jacket, and throw it to the side leaving him in a black sleeveless shirt, the XWA logo in the top corner of the shirt.

A.J MORALES
Literally anywhere but here… where are you Neilson?

A.J pushes through people, saying ‘sorry’ as he shuffles through the crowd looking for his target, finally reaching the terminal where there isn’t that many people gathered by it. He stands out clearly now, as he scratches his head and looks to his left towards an escalator which looks fairly empty with not that many people going up and down.

JOE DELONGE
Where in the… wait… look up there! Above the terminal!

Sitting above a small platform above the terminal is the challenger himself, as Morales looks around to see the commentary team looking upwards but he’s too late as Will has already leaped and flattens Morales with a huge crossbody! People walking by and seeing a man in a sleeveless shirt being taken out by a now shirtless man seems to have made them alerted, most of them picking up their pace and heading off in different directions, others not seeming to care.

CHRIS NOVAK
He’s flew straight from that high platform! Morales is being really tested here in this Hardcore Championship match!

Neilson gets up off of him, standing up in just his jeans and trainers, the jacket and whatever was underneath gone completely as he stands in this very public place with his abs and tattoos exposed to the people!

JOE DELONGE
A.J is still down, but I don’t see Will going for a cover here!

Bending down and hauling Morales up to his feet again, Will is taken by surprise as A.J delivers a hard uppercut which makes him stumble towards the right, an even greater path leading to what seems to be multiple elevators! A.J keeps up with the uppercuts, finishing off with a high Roundhouse Kick to the side of the head! The ‘Great British Meme’ stumbles but doesn’t fall, as Morales takes a chance and flips up over Will where he’s caught in a Powerbomb position… however he flips over and drives Will into the floor of the airport with a devastating Sunset Flip Powerbomb!

CHRIS NOVAK
Straight on the floor! That’s gotta sting there for Will as I feel Morales is starting to turn up the heat in this match!

Morales yells out after connecting with the move, looking down at an extremely dazed Will Neilson who falls down on the floor as A.J leaps into a cover, the referee not far behind as he begins to count.

REFEREE
1!

2!

Neilson is the one to kickout now as A.J runs his hands through his hair, but doesn’t give up with taking it to Will as he waits for him to rise to a seated position before delivering a sudden dropkick straight to the jaw that keeps him down! The impact of the Sunset Flip Powerbomb has seemed to attract the attention of quite a few people now, a circle seeming to form around the two fighting it out for the Hardcore Championship, Chris Novak at the center of it all whilst Joe Delonge struggles to find his place within the circle as people who come in are taken away by security, thinning the crowd slightly as the fight still continues in the center, everyone oblivious to security trying to step in.

CHRIS NOVAK
This is what HARDCORE is all about! It’s like a fight club here at the airport my god!

JOE DELONGE
I’m struggling to even see what’s going on here… let me in!

CHRIS NOVAK
As you just saw, Morales with a perfectly executed dropkick that’s knocked Will back down to the ground!

JOE DELONGE
Come on now! I’m as important as him over there!

As Delonge struggles to get in the circle to see the action, Morales has Will back on his feet and delivers a spinning sole kick to the midsection of Neilson, following it up with a boot to the chin that makes Will stumble to the edge of the circle, using the surrounding travellers who clearly aren’t in any rush whatsoever to heave himself back up to his feet. He lets out a deep breath, before A.J walks back over to him and turns him around grabbing him from behind… going for a German Suplex which Will counters before A.J can lift him with two elbows to the skull. The crowd is a mixture of chat, cheers and boos as the crowd honestly have little to no clue what is going on, but seem to be excited by the fighting that’s going on, the small circle expanding slightly as others walk past in confusement and even disgust.

CHRIS NOVAK
Neilson avoids a German Suplex attempt there, Morales is dazed…

JOE DELONGE
I’m in! I’m in the circle!

Will delivers a large right hand to the jaw of Morales which rocks him, sending the champion back a few steps before he hastily runs back at Neilson, being stopped as Will suddenly shoots his left arm up in the air.

WILL NEILSON
NO!

Morales stands there for a second and hesitates, as it gives Will the opening he needs.

WILL NEILSON
YOU!

An almighty jab connects as Will Neilson propels his right arm forward straight into the right cheek of A.J who falls backwards onto the floor and Will stands up holding his head, trying to regain his composure.

CHRIS NOVAK
I thought that headbutt was a strong strike, but good lord that jab! Does Neilson even have a background in boxing at all?

JOE DELONGE
I don’t have anything to say Chris! All I know is that jab looked like it hurt quite bad for the champ!

Will seems to get a bit too carried away with himself as he marches around the circle looking down at the fallen A.J Morales who seems to be crawling back to his feet. Neilson gestures to the small circle, but it doesn’t last for long as A.J leaps up to his feet and drives his knee into the back of Will’s head so he goes right through the edge of the circle!

CHRIS NOVAK
Bicycle Knee!

JOE DELONGE
Are we moving out of this circle now? Took them long enough!

The crowd seem to observe from a distance as Morales picks up Neilson and eyes up the elevator, Novak and Delonge along with the camera crew following closely behind as A.J throws Neilson into the door of the closed elevator as he bounces off the metal straight back into Morales’ grasp!

JOE DELONGE
Straight against the door! That didn’t look good as both of these guys seem intent on destroying each other’s faces!

A.J doesn’t stop here and smashes Will’s face into the elevator door once again! He continues and eventually Will’s nose seems more than ‘okay’, blood starting to pour out of the nostrils and when the door finally opens, this is what triggers Will to grab The Monterrocker and deliver an unorthodox hip toss into the elevator! Morales lands back first onto the steel floor of the elevator shaft with Will quickly following him in, the camera crew, referee and two commentators slowly entering behind as the room they stand in is quite cramped. Two men in black shirts with ear pieces begin to run towards the elevator, but they're stopped as the door closes.

CHRIS NOVAK
It’s… it’s a bit tight in here… would you agree Joe?

JOE DELONGE
Yep… but wherever the action goes the best commentators are soon to follow.

WILL NEILSON
I’ll free us up some space, don’t worry lads.

Neilson then forcefully kicks Morales straight in the gut and squashes him up against the far back of the elevator, keeping his body held in position with his foot. A.J yells out in pain as Neilson kicks him once again and delivers a double foot stomp to the back of Morales!

WILL NEILSON
We can still get pins in here right?

The referee nods at him as Neilson goes down into… a very weird cover, but somehow A.J grabs the head of Will and delivers a couple of punches which knock him down to the floor, Morales able to twist Will’s body around into an equally weird small package!

REFEREE
1!

2!

3-

Will barely kicks out and when he lifts his face up, it goes smack bang into the door and it doesn’t serve well for his face.

WILL NEILSON
Get me a tissue, jesus christ!

A.J MORALES
Oh come on! This is for the HARDCORE championship!

WILL NEILSON
No you idiot! I need to sneeze! I don’t want to spread any germs now do I?

Will holds his nose as he then begins to sneeze into his hand, looking down at his… pretty disgusting hand filled with something that probably shouldn’t be described, but there’s blood in there for sure.

CHRIS NOVAK
… well then.

JOE DELONGE
... yep.

WILL NEILSON
Shit… oh god.
The elevator comes to a stop as Will looks to punch A.J, and then hesitates because of hand, beginning to raise his leg up for a high kick but Morales grabs the leg of Will and spins him around out of the elevator for a Dragon Screw! Neilson falls out of the elevator clutching his leg with his free hand, before quickly darting into his pocket to pull out a tissue. The entire crew steps out of the elevator as Morales stands over Neilson.

WILL NEILSON
Let me wipe my hand!

The Great British Meme proceeds to wipe his hand and looks around for a nearby bin, opening it up and throwing the dirty tissue in, but Morales is tired of waiting and kisses the Green Lantern emblem on the glove he is wearing, leaping up at Will for the Liberator!

CHRIS NOVAK
A.J looking to finish the job here and retain his championship!

Will dodges out of the way sending Morales’ fist flying into nothing, as he truly takes advantage over the anything goes rule, hauling the steel bin up high with impressive strength, throwing it straight at Morales where it bounces off of him and rolls on the floor with a thud!

JOE DELONGE
Will just a threw a trash can at A.J Morales! And look at A.J he appears completely out of it!

CHRIS NOVAK
That’s some very creative offence if I say so myself!

Neilson stumbles back slightly as he sees Morales groan from being struck in the chest with a large object like the bin and picks A.J back up, putting him in a Wristlock position before spinning him around with a confident grin on his face…

CHRIS NOVAK
He’s going to hit it! The Diabolical Bullet… no!

Morales counters with a huge Enziguri! As the noise echoes around the second floor of the airport, Will stumbles backwards and doesn’t fall allowing A.J to run forward and connect with a Slingblade!

JOE DELONGE
Beautiful Slingblade from Morales!

A.J gets fired up and grabs the head of Will, lifting him and delivering punch after punch, driving Neilson further and further along to what appears to be an escalator in the distance! Many people begin to struggle and climb up the escalator to get another view of the action that is taking place, still people that don’t care about the fight and walk past it, rather wanting to catch their flight.

CHRIS NOVAK
The current Hardcore Champion is throwing punches at the increasingly bloody face of Will Neilson, driving him across the second floor here!

JOE DELONGE
Neilson’s still fighting though, he’s got spirit!

Will tries to punch back into the gut of Morales, as A.J delivers another huge right hand before throwing Will into a nearby pole as he bounces off onto the floor! Neilson grits his teeth and closes his eyes, trying to get back up to his feet whilst Morales doesn’t appear done with him yet. Dragging the fallen body of Neilson over to a desk in which two clerks sit behind, as they appear to slowly move away and let Morales do what he needs to do.

A.J MORALES
Damn… it ain’t a Hardcore title match without some flips.

With sweat dripping off of his forehead and the blood from Will’s nose on his hands, A.J climbs onto the elevated desk and looks down at Neilson’s body below. Morales raises his arms up before twisting his body forward twice, crashing into Will Neilson’s chest with an amazing 450 Splash!

CHRIS NOVAK
Amazing! 450 Splash from on top of the clerk desk!

JOE DELONGE
That’s gotta be it! Morales is going to retain!

A.J stays on Neilson’s chest and hooks both legs, nodding his head along with the referee’s counts.

REFEREE
1!

2!

3-

Will kicks out! The 450 Splash not putting him away as Morales rolls off of Will and gets back up to his feet, leaning against the desk in which he just jumped off of and breathing heavily again holding his stomach.

A.J MORALES
Ahhh… fuck.

Morales lets out one final deep breath before picking up Will and going for another punch that stuns him long enough to haul Neilson up on his shoulders, carrying him across the second floor as the referee and camera crew follow.

CHRIS NOVAK
Will Neilson with the resilience yet again here in Miami! What’s it going to take to put this hungry challenger away.

JOE DELONGE
I don’t know Chris, but I do know where A.J is taking the challenger right now, and it’s to that escalator!

CHRIS NOVAK
He ain’t giving in yet! Look at Will here!

Neilson tries to wriggle out of A.J’s grasp, and Morales looks to solve this by leaning over to the left and then looking to drive Will down to the right with a Death Valley Driver… however Neilson lands on his feet from Morales’ shoulders! Now it’s Neilson who has the advantage as he surprises A.J Morales by taking him from behind and dropping him with a sudden Back Suplex!

JOE DELONGE
Back Suplex! Neilson is back in charge!

Will lets out an equal heavy breath similar to what Morales did after giving Neilson the 450 Splash earlier, Neilson now hauling Morales up on his shoulders and carrying him closer to the escalator, taking the opportunity to wave at some of the concerned and confused people that walk past. The circle from before begins to form again as the crowd from earlier has returned, Neilson then gets closer to the two seperate escalators and bursts through the circle rolling through on the floor to drive A.J’s back down! Neilson leaps up with a yell and is now at the top of the escalator going in the downward direction…

CHRIS NOVAK
That man definitely has some devilish intentions with the amount of height here from the first floor…

JOE DELONGE
Morales is in big trouble if he doesn’t recover in time!

Will smirks and grabs A.J by his shirt collar, looking to literally throw him down to the first floor where the fight first began but Morales won’t go easily! A.J delivers an elbow to the gut which forces Will to let go, the crowd now blocking them from leaving the escalator area as Morales delivers a kick to the ear of Will!

JOE DELONGE
He’s stumbling!

CHRIS NOVAK
Morales eyes him up…

Neilson now finds himself in the same position as A.J before, turning around to see the steps shuffling down and before he can react further…

MORALES LEAPS FORWARD! 94 BLITZ!

CHRIS NOVAK
OH MY GOD! SPEAR! SPEAR!

A.J uses the force of the Spear to send both him and Will crashing down the downward escalator! Morales’ fall is bad and he manages to land in the middle platform connecting the two separate escalators, where he lays clutching his head after colliding with one of the steps shuffling down to the bottom! Neilson on the other hand is completely out of it, the escalator taking his limp body down as he lands on the bottom not moving at all. Will doesn’t even manage to roll over, his back bruised all over and bloody, his face even worse off as this brawl has reached its peak here.

JOE DELONGE
Is he okay down there?! My god!

CHRIS NOVAK
A.J Morales is truly living up to his reputation as a four time Hardcore Champion! These two are insane, and look at this crowd we have here!

Morales lays on the middle platform for a few seconds before slowly lifting his head up and looking down at the unmoving Neilson, A.J begins to crawl slowly, eventually finding his footing as he gets nearer and nearer to the bottom, but ends up staggering and going down on one knee holding his back.

JOE DELONGE
Come on Chris! Down we go!

CHRIS NOVAK
We’ll have a whole host of people following us down here, but let’s go!

Every person watching the match including the commentators, camera crew and referee shuffle slowly down the downward escalator in an orderly fashion, the impatient people going down the upwards escalator to reach the bottom to where Will is beginning to stir and stumble up to his feet. Neilson is on his knees as he looks up at A.J who has reached his feet again and is looking down, breathing heavily as he gets distracted by the amount of people running past.

CHRIS NOVAK
You’re pushing me Joe!

JOE DELONGE
I need to get to the bottom Chris, these two are fighting to the death! Literally!

With Morales still gathering his surroundings and wiping sweat from his forehead, Will looks over to his right to see… the XWA Hardcore Championship! This place isn’t too far from where the fight first started, and it appears that the title has landed by where Neilson is from the entrance way where it was last seen. Will picks up the title and clutches it behind him, Morales unable to see it as he looks up at Will slowly and can’t help but smile.

CHRIS NOVAK
We’re here!

JOE DELONGE
Wait… what’s Will holding?

Will is now on one knee as Morales looks down and proceeds to kiss the symbol on his glove once again, this time much longer as he prepares to deliver the Liberator from his elevated position!

CHRIS NOVAK
He’s preparing the Liberator! Is he going to connect it this time?

JOE DELONGE
Isn’t that the…

Morales runs forward with a battle cry and leaps off the elevated platform, extending his fist out for the Liberator Superman Punch!

TITLE SHOT TO THE FACE!

JOE DELONGE
XWA HARDCORE CHAMPIONSHIP!

CHRIS NOVAK
To the face!

Morales’ rush of adrenaline is halted as he collapses midair and his body crashes onto the floor, Neilson sitting down clutching the title he just smashed into the face of A.J Morales! Will breathes heavily and his eyes widen, he quickly scurries over to the fallen and limp body of Morales, folding him up and hooking both legs! The referee has reached the bottom through the sea of humanity, and goes down to count with the crowd now fully into it, chanting along with the count!

REFEREE
1!

2!

3!

JOE DELONGE
He did it! He actually did it! We have a new Hardcore Champion!

CHRIS NOVAK
Will Neilson has arrived here in XWA, and in his debut appearance, he’s only gone and upset A.J Morales to win the XWA Hardcore Championship! Congratulations are out for the ‘Great British Meme’!

Will is barely able to stand after the pinfall, grabbing the championship he could now call his and having his arm raised by the referee, eyes still widened after the victory. He stumbles over towards the camera bloody face and all, wiping his free hand over his face and through his hair, throwing the title up over his shoulder whilst smiling at the camera.

WILL NEILSON
I did it… I fucking did it.

Neilson manages to distance himself away from the crowd as he heads towards the entrance way, back to where it all started, his broken guitar laying in pieces on the floor. The camera follows him as he looks over at his title, at the pieces, and then over at the still unmoving body of the former champion A.J Morales. Neilson takes one last look at the camera, raising a fist up high as the airport itself has seemed to come to a standstill, security finally seeming to have taken care of almost everyone, taking away A.J Morales who has barely moved since getting a taste of the title he once held.

WILL NEILSON
That… that… that is what you call the start of a TRUE revolution!

Shaking off the camera and rest of the crew, Will doesn’t even bother to go get his jacket that he tore off earlier, marching outside and raising his title up high to the very confused and very concerning public.

All they saw was a topless, tattooed and bloody man raising a belt above his head.
RevolutionJones
Booking Team Member
Booking Team Member
Characters Handled: A.J. Morales
Hyphy Machinery (Dontell Porter & Jason Moana)

Postby RevolutionJones » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:26 am

TRAIN OPERATOR:
This is a San Francisco/Daly City train, West Oakland station...Daly City train, doors are closing...

Few experiences are quite as universal in Bay Area life as seeing weird things happen on BART trains. No matter why people ride the trains, if they take enough trips, they’ve got at least one story to tell. Maybe they saw a drunk guy who was so hammered that he decided to just take a whiz right out onto the train tracks. Maybe they happened to ride the same day as a comic book convention and took a selfie with a guy dressed as Deadpool. Or maybe they thought they’d found an empty seat on a crowded train, only to discover a hunk of raw, bloody meat occupying it instead.

This BART story is a little bit different.

It starts with A.J. Morales in his workout gear, leaning back in his seat, finishing off a bottle of water as the doors close and the train leaves the station. He’s on his way back from Squires Academy Merlot, up in the North Bay, after a morning sparring session with his protegé up there. As much of a hassle as it was to hop trains and buses both ways instead of just riding his motorcycle, the trip back was where that choice paid off in the form of much-needed recovery time. He wasn’t sure he’d have been in any state to ride after how hard he’d gone at that gym.

But now, A.J. could relax. After all, this was the weekday afternoon dead zone, where not many people filled these trains, and even the ones that did probably weren’t talkative enough to ask about the XWA Hardcore Championship belt around his waist. Not that it’d be particularly easy to do so; after all, anyone who’s taken the trip from West Oakland to Embarcadero knows about the long ride through the underwater tunnel, and the overwhelming amount of noise that ensues from it.

???:
Excuse me, folks, if I could just ask a moment of your time to talk about the great Papist lie…

A.J. looks up, and as soon as he realizes who just started talking, he rolls his eyes. BART has its fair share of people taking advantage of the captive audience a moving train provides—homeless beggars with no other way to make money, poets and musicians of varying talent levels, the occasional breakdance crew who can wow an entire car by finding ways to dance on every possible surface—but A.J. had already had the misfortune of being trapped on a train with Elder Barbour a fair few times as of late, and he had a feeling he knew what the man had to say...

ELDER BARBOUR:
Now, I know that it’s fashionable around this time of year to act as though homosexuality isn’t some aberration, that a man choosing to lie down with another man can coexist with a man choosing to accept Jesus into his heart. But I tell you now, any man, woman, or child who believes this has had the Vatican wool pulled over their eyes! Do not listen to the forked tongue of Francis, for he and his billion-strong army speak only the lies of the Lizard People, designed to corrupt the gullible and the weak-willed among us!

Yup. It’s the “all Catholics are lizards” speech again. A.J. doesn’t feel particularly reptilian today, but he knows confronting the guy won’t stop the speech, nor will hanging around help A.J.’s sanity. So Morales gets up, walks right up to the train car’s exit door, and—

A.J. MORALES:
The hell?

A.J. stops where he is, still holding the door open. By some bizarre coincidence, he’s found himself standing opposite another familiar face, also holding open one car’s exit door and looking to enter the next one, but this is someone A.J. knows from someplace else entirely. Someone with shoulder-length blonde hair under a fedora. Someone with the unmistakable cocky aura and eccentric fashion sense of a British rockstar. Someone who’d made plenty of noise about wanting the Hardcore Championship…

WILL NEILSON:
Oh, this is brilliant!

A.J. steps back and slams his door shut, but as Morales backs away a couple more steps, the Great British Meme goes through and lets himself in. A.J. looks over Will’s shoulder and sees the referee and camera crew lined up behind his challenger, and the champion can’t help cracking a smile and chucking a bit.

MORALES:
You crazy bastard…

NEILSON:
Honestly, I was just on my way to catch you out and about in the city, right? Figured I’d find you at a little punk show, steal some guy’s guitar, crack you over the head with it, that sort of fun. But this...Christ, it’s like the world’s just wrappin’ that there Hardcore title up with a bow and handing it over to me.

MORALES:
Yeah, about that...

A sudden shift in the floor makes Will lean forward and grab a nearby pole for support. A.J. doesn’t need to, do the same, since he’s already holding a different one. He hears the ghostly SKRRRRRRRRRCH of the train getting louder as it enters the underwater tube and starts to pick up speed. He knows the time for talk’s almost over, whether anyone wants it to end or not.

MORALES:
You really think you can take this from me?

Will looks puzzled for a second, unsure what A.J. just said.

NEILSON (shouting):
WHAT?

POW! A.J. suddenly elbows Will in the face, sending the challenger stumbling back nearly to the door behind him.

MORALES (also shouting):
COME GET IT, ¡PENDEJO!

Will catches himself, grits his teeth and rushes in to start throwing forearms at Morales, which Morales is all too happy to reciprocate. All the while, the viewers at home start to hear the Hardcore 24/7 broadcast crew adjusting their headsets…

JOE DELONGE:
What, already? Are you sure it’s not a—oh, shit, we’re live!

CHRIS NOVAK:
Testing, testing, how’s it goin’ out there, Xperience? I’m Chris Novak!

DELONGE:
And I’m Joe Delonge!

NOVAK:
And we’re taking over your feed once again for a 24/7 rules match, as Will Neilson challenges A.J. Morales for the Hardcore Championship!

Finally, Will breaks the stalemate whenTHWACK!—he headbutts A.J., sending the champion staggering back towards a more open area of space. From there, Neilson rushes in, grabs A.J. by the arm, and whirls him around before flinging the champion away with an Irish whip. The added momentum of the train only speeds A.J. up as he tries to stop himself, unaware he’s on a collision course with the still-preaching Elder Barbour.

BARBOUR (screaming to be heard above the noise):
...THE ONLY THING AT THE END OF THAT RAINBOW ON YOUR FLAG IS ETERNAL ENSLAVEMENT IN THE LIZARD PEOPLE’S NIGHTMARE PRISON FOR THOSE SO-CALLED CHRISTIANS FOOLISH ENOUGH TO FALL FOR THEIR—OOF!

As it turns out, a conspiracy-minded fundamentalist preacher can be silenced mid-sermon, but only if a luchador inadvertently barrels into him and knocks the both of them down. Will, who was pursuing close behind, stops himself and grabs one of the black hanging hand straps above him, not sure what he’s seeing in front of him.

NOVAK:
And Will Neilson is already throwing the champ around like a human pinball! What a way to start your XWA debut!

DELONGE:
This is no surprise at all if you’re familiar with this man’s career. Will Neilson’s the reigning WCCW Television Champion, not to mention a Triple Crown champion over in Precision Wrestling, where he’s a three-time World Heavyweight Champion. You can dispute if he’s still the reigning champ on that last one, but you can’t deny, this man is talented, he’s ambitious, and most of all, he’s a very scary opponent for A.J. Morales to be facing right now.

Of course, Elder Barbour seems to find them both equally scary, as he looks back and forth between the two wrestlers like he’s seeing the devil in the flesh. The preacher even rips the cross around his neck from its necklace and holds it up as he scoots back before scrambling to his feet and running away, which gets both Morales and Neilson to stop fighting for the moment and look on in utter confusion. But Morales comes to his senses sooner, smirking that he shut the guy up, and unhooks the Hardcore Championship from around his waist…

NOVAK:
Wait a second, what’s A.J. doing here?

A.J. turns slightly to the side and rolls forward, using that to help pop back up onto his feet. Will turns his head just in time to see A.J. try and shove the Hardcore Championship in his face, and the British star just barely manages to catch the belt with both hands before he ends up eating the silver front plate for lunch.

NOVAK:
Whoa!

DELONGE:
That was close!

A.J. starts trying to wrench the belt back out of Will’s grip, but Will just admires his face’s reflection in the front plate for a moment as he refuses to let it go.

NOVAK:
Will could have had this cut short in a flash if he hadn’t blocked A.J.’s swing in time!

Things turn into a bit of a tug-of-war, but that quickly ends when both men pull at such different angles that the Hardcore title simply flies out of their grasp, landing right on top of one of the cameras. Its operator stumbles around, trying to balance herself and giving us a shaky view, but she manages to get steady and essentially dump the title onto an open seat so she can get back to filming. But Morales and Neilson aren’t particularly concerned with getting the belt back, as the two grab each other’s shirts and start throwing forearms.

NOVAK:
And now a hockey game’s broken out in the middle of the match!

A.J. breaks the cycle this time, throwing a knee to Will’s gut to get some space, and from there, A.J. closes in and goes for a spinning backfist, which only manages to clip the top of Will’s head, nearly knocking off the fedora. Will stops to adjust the hat and get it out of his eyes, leaving himself wide-open to a body blow. But A.J. doesn’t get long to capitalize on that, as Will sidesteps the follow-up jab and catches Morales upside the head with his bicep, which knocks the champion off his balance. Morales reaching up to grab a holding strap with his right hand proves the only thing to save him from a nasty backward fall.

NOVAK:
European uppercut by Neilson! That’s one hell of a counter-punch!

DELONGE:
Honestly, I love the game Neilson’s playing so far. He’s bringing punishing offense and he’s shutting down most of A.J.’s responses with smart counter-wrestling. This is hard-nosed British wrestling at its finest right here, and Will’s not even tapping into his full arsenal yet.

Morales, though, isn’t showing any signs of feeling overwhelmed. He literally pulls himself back into contention, using his right arm to wrench himself back upright before catching Will across the side of the head with his left elbow.

NOVAK:
Ooh, but Morales is showing how much of that arsenal Will’s gonna need to keep him down!

With all that open space around them, A.J. and Will quickly enter into a fast-paced exchange of strikes, their movements as fluid as the bay waters outside the walls of the TransBay Tube. Will turns to throw a forearm in response—no, A.J. sidesteps, hits a shoot kick, circles around a bit for a roundhouse—dodged! Will ducks right under it and throws himself into a clothesline—no, wait, A.J. leans back into a Matrix escape! Will goes right past him, and A.J. uses a lower roundhouse to punish it! Will goes with the momentum and turns himself around, tries for another European upper—A.J. blocks with his forearm—POW! Now it’s Will getting rocked with an uppercut!

MORALES:
¡Venga!

A.J. goes for a leg sweep, but Will jumps up over it, and before Morales realizes what’s coming—BOOM! Dropkick right to the face! A.J. goes down! Neilson catches himself on the floor a split-second later!

NOVAK:
DID YOU SEE THAT?!

DELONGE:
Bleedin’ beautiful from the both of ‘em! But that dropkick, my God!

Will starts climbing to his feet well before A.J. does, and as the Great British Meme does so, he grabs his fedora, puts it back on, and laughs with a smug smirk on his face.

NEILSON (shouting):
YOU CALL THOSE STRIKES, MATE?

Will grabs A.J. and starts pulling him up and into position, continuing his banter all the while.

NEILSON (shouting):
I DIDN’T FEEL A FUCKING THING!

Finally, Will completes the position, hooking one arm over A.J.’s neck and putting his other hand on A.J.’s hip. From there, Neilson uses his leg strength and starts to lift the champion up.

NOVAK:
And now Neilson, looking for a Falcon Arrow here…

Before long, though, Neilson feels a sudden backward shake in the floor, which brings Morales back to the ground. Will tries again, but between A.J.’s leg-fluttering and the continued shakiness of the train, he can’t quite get the champion up. But A.J. doesn’t have the same problem, and he reaches, gets one arm wrapped around Will’s upper thigh, and leans in towards the rows of seats at the center of the train car until he’s got Will’s shoulders on the floor.

NOVAK:
Wait a minute!

The referee quickly gets down to make the count.

ONE!

TWO!

Will flops open like a book that somebody dropped right on its spine, but A.J. laughs a little to himself and shakes his head as he starts getting up.

NOVAK:
Another surprise there from Morales, and that gets him a near-fall! This is why you don’t count the champ out, folks.

DELONGE:
Keep in mind, this train is going 80 miles an hour through a tunnel at the bottom of the bay. This is not gonna be stable ground to stand on, and it’s gonna make big slams like the one Will just tried that much harder to pull off.

A.J. looks around to re-ascertain his surroundings, and he quickly realizes that this is one of those much-hated trains where, in an attempt to create more space, the people who run BART have arbitrarily taken some of the seats in the center area out of the train car—including the space right behind him, which would normally have two seats, but currently has none at all. As Will gets up, A.J. gets an idea…

NOVAK:
But it could make things a lot easier for A.J. if he plays his cards right here...

Before Neilson can make a similar evaluation, Morales grabs in and tosses one of Will’s arms over his own neck. Then, the Revolution backs up a couple steps, bringing them both along, lifts one of Will’s legs up off the floor, and whips back—WHATHUNNNK! He slams Will right into the wall and the plexiglass window!

NOVAK/DELONGE:
OHHHH!

NOVAK:
Snap exploder suplex, and that coulda cracked the glass!

The window doesn’t break, thankfully, but we can clearly hear it rattle above the never-ending din of the train. Will slides down and lands in a heap right up against the wall, but A.J. only lets him lie there for a couple seconds. Once A.J.’s caught his breath, he quickly pulls Will away and goes for a cover..

ONE!

TWO!

TH—

Will seems to snap out of his daze, raising his left arm up and kicking his right leg out at the same time.

DELONGE:
I have to give Will credit here again. This train floor is probably disgusting from all the thousands of people who walk on it every day, but more importantly, it’s not a forgiving surface in the slightest. Just hitting it can take a lot more out of you than landing on canvas in a ring takes out of you. I doubt we’re gonna see many covers that don’t go to at least a 2-count here.

At first, the momentum still seems firmly in A.J.’s hands, as he starts pulling Will back up to his feet, presumably for another quick suplex into the wall. But Will stalls him with a forearm, then another, neither one getting Neilson free, but neither one helping A.J. either.

NOVAK:
Hold on a minute, Will could be about to get back in the mix...

Finally, with a loud THWACK!, Will lands another headbutt, sacrificing some of his still-recovering senses to break free of A.J.’s grip, before he grabs Morales by the shirt, stumbles all the way back to the wall, then gets a short running start before he shoves the champion back onto the still-there seats opposite the gap.

DELONGE:
There it is! That’s the opening Neilson needed!

Neilson stops a second, reaching up to one of the aluminum poles running horizontally along the ceiling with one hand so he can hold the other and recoup his senses. But once he does, he immediately rushes in, takes a sloppy forward lunge that stops A.J. from sitting up, and does the only thing he can do with the space he has: ground and pound on A.J.’s face with wild, manic punches.

NOVAK:
And now Neilson, just unloading on the champ!

After a few seconds, A.J. manages to leverage the train’s momentum to his advantage and push himself out from underneath Will, nearly bringing them both to the train floor. But ultimately, Will catches himself and stays on the seat while A.J. takes a much-needed opportunity to crawl forward back towards the open space.

DELONGE:
A.J. needs this breather badly. Will’s picking up momentum at an incredible pace.

Will’s first instinct, once his mind catches up with his body and surveys the situation, is to get down and start stomping on A.J., but then an idea starts to come to him, an idea that tells Will to stay on the seat and start standing up, holding a pole that goes up from the back of the seat to the ceiling, waiting for A.J. to stand up…

NOVAK:
He might just be about to have it all...

As soon as Morales stands up enough, Neilson takes his chance. Aiming as straight-ahead as he can while still getting decent air, the Great British Meme leaps off and goes parallel to the ground, driving his elbow into A.J.’s collarbone and sending them both crashing down to the train floor.

NOVAK:
Ladies and gentlemen, the Great British Elbow!

DELONGE:
I have no idea how he fit it in with so much less overhead than he usually has, but by God, did he make that stick!

Will scrambles for a cover, prioritizing getting it set up over orthodoxy. He starts holding A.J.’s shoulders down with his legs while he gets one of his legs under one of A.J.’s and uses that to loosely hook it by the time the ref gets down for the count...

ONE!

TWO!

THR—

A.J. slips out with a kickout, but Will doesn’t look fazed at all by it. As the challenger gets up, he even drags the champion about halfway up to his feet before waiting for A.J. to go the rest of the way, winding up a fist all the while...

NOVAK:
So Will Neilson is back in control, as he’s been for most of this match, and he’s starting to put massive dents in A.J.’s armor.

Once A.J.’s back to his feet, Will unleashes and—POW!—rocks the Revolution with a strong, straight-ahead jab to the mouth. As A.J. sways on his feet, blinking in quick bursts like he doesn’t know what just hit him, Will leans his head back and somehow finds a way to make breathing in seem cocky…

DELONGE:
Hell, he might put a massive dent in A.J.’s face at this rate!

Finally, A.J. comes arou—THWUNK! Will delivers a massive headbutt, his quickest and most vicious yet, and it’s enough that Morales can’t help leaning forward. The champion keeps his footing, but he feels like his world is spinning around him.

DELONGE:
JESUS CHRIST!

NOVAK:
An absolutely brutal headbutt!
DELONGE:
Honestly, this is the only flaw in Will’s gameplan I can find so far. Sure, these headbutts are effective, but I have to wonder if this is gonna end up helping A.J. knock him out more easily with those head-targeting finishers of his down the line.

NOVAK:
Maybe, but that’s the kind of risk you have to take, the sacrifice you have to make to become the Hardcore Champion!

Never one to pass up such a golden opportunity, Will quickly catches A.J. and slots the Diamond Slayer into a front facelock, then falls around and falls back so that—BAM!—A.J.’s chin bounces off Will’s shoulder, sending the rest of him bouncing up and twisting in midair before Morales lands flat on his back on the train floor.

NOVAK:
There it is! He completes the Pinch of Salt combination!

Will once again gets himself in position to make the cover...

ONE!

TWO!

THRE—NO!

A.J. lifts his shoulder up with a sudden gasp of desperation. Will, for his part, can’t believe it, and stops for a second, not to argue so much as to ask disbelievingly if that was really only two.

NOVAK:
And somehow, Morales finds a way to stay in this!

DELONGE:
These are two incredibly tough individuals, no doubt. But Will’s got A.J. hanging over the cliff here, so to speak, and if A.J. doesn’t find some leverage quick, we could be looking at the first person to win the Hardcore Championship in their first XWA match since Kryptops pulled it off at last year’s Hardcore Invitational.

Once the ref confirms that, yes, that really was in time to avert a three-count, Will shakes his head, goes to retrieve his fedora yet again, and as he puts it on, he takes a breath and tries to refocus. He knows he can make the killshot. He knows exactly which one to make. He just needs to get A.J. in position for it. And as Will grabs A.J. again, pulling him up and applying a single arm underhook, the trash talk starts to flow again.

NEILSON (shouting right into A.J.’s ear):
SO YOU’RE THE SUPERHERO AROUND HERE, YEAH?

A.J.’s glassy-eyed, but the focus starts coming back to him as he hears Will’s insults and feels himself being forced into position.

NEILSON (shouting right into A.J.’s ear):
I DUNNO, MATE...YOU SEEM LIKE MORE OF A BYSTANDER!

Will starts pushing up on the side of A.J.’s midsection, lifting the Revolution up…

DELONGE:
Ooh, I know what this is! Neilson’s going for his go-to finishing technique, the Lag Spike!

NOVAK:
Could this be enough to end it?

...but the train is still going 80 miles an hour, making it far too unstable to lift A.J. up as high as Will needs to. Without even wanting to, Will ends up putting A.J. back down again.

NOVAK:
And there’s the environment working against Will again...

Will tries again to lift A.J. up, but by now, Morales is gritting his teeth, digging down for resolve. He starts throwing punches at Will’s torso from any angle he can manage, even in the brief moments when Will can get A.J.’s feet off the ground, and it adds up enough for A.J. to slip free and knee Will right in the stomach, knocking the wind out of the Great British Meme.

DELONGE:
A.J.’s knowledge of the environment is definitely one of his biggest advantages here. Will isn’t as used to the speed of these trains, so he’s not factoring it as well into his offense as A.J. has.

Morales slips free, and when he sees a different pair of seats nearby with a pole attached and going to the ceiling, an idea hits him before he’s even consciously aware of it. A.J. leaps up onto the seats, grabs the pole as he turns and gets one foot on the top of the seats, swings himself around and goes parallel until—WHAM! Both feet catch Will right in the face, knocking him down to the floor!

NOVAK:
OH MY GOD!

DELONGE:
WHAT THE HELL?!

NOVAK:
I just—JESUS! I didn’t even know A.J. could hit that move!

DELONGE:
I’m not sure A.J. even knew! He just kinda did it!

A.J.’s follow-through is just as smooth, as he brings himself around and gets both feet back on the seat before he turns around and looks down at Will with that mischievous smile we all know so well by now.

MORALES (shouting):
I GOT LIKE FIVE SUPERHERO THINGS GOIN’, DUDE! YOU GOTTA BE MORE SPECIFIC!

From there, A.J. steps up onto the armrest of the seat and gets himself to the point of straddling both armrests, one foot on each one. As Will starts crawling back to his feet, A.J. grabs the two handrails above and starts pulling himself up…

NOVAK:
Wait, wait, oh my God…

DELONGE:
What’s he gonna do now?

As the Revolution gets higher up, he starts turning himself over until he’s upside down. The referee looks up, and his jaw drops practically to the floor as he sees A.J. literally run on the ceiling, loosening his grip on the handrails so he can flip his wrists before he goes white-knuckle again.

NOVAK:
WHAT THE FUCK?!

After a few steps, A.J. starts to swing around and come down again. Will, completely unaware of what’s going on above him, only finds out when A.J. drops straight down and lands on his shoulders. Before Neilson can even think to react, the Iron Luchador leans forward and brings him around with a hurricanrana, right into the traditional pin position.

DELONGE:
FUCKING HOW?!

ONE!

TWO!

THRE—

But before A.J. can get the three, the train’s 80 MPH momentum finally backfires on him, and the two roll so far forward that it’s now Will who has A.J.’s shoulders down and the ref has to run over and catch up just to restart the count.

ONE!

TWO—

A.J. escapes with a full-body kickout, enough to force Will off him entirely.

DELONGE:
That’s it! This can’t be real! No way did I just see A.J. do a hurricanrana off the Goddamn ceiling!

NOVAK:
If A.J. told me he slays vampires on his off-time, I’d fucking believe him. That’s how insane this shit he just pulled is. That’s who you have to beat to become XWA Hardcore Champion.

But Will doesn’t stay off for long; in fact, Will quickly scrambles back in and goes for his second ground-and-pound of the night, overwhelming A.J. with lefts and rights the same way A.J. overwhelmed him just a minute ago.

DELONGE:
But look at Will! He’s back at it already!

NOVAK:
I know! What the hell’s it gonna take to end this?!
After Neilson’s had his fill, he stops to take sharp, heavy breaths before he gets up and drags A.J. by the wrist up to his feet, then raises his free arm up.

NEILSON (as his arm stops):
NO!

Will lets the arm drop—KA-POW! A sucker-punch to the jaw from outta nowhere!

NEILSON (as the punch lands):
YOU!

Ironically, the only thing that keeps A.J. from going down right then and there is that Will’s still maintaining wrist control with the other arm.

DELONGE:
I’ll tell you what it’s gonna take—strong style shots like that!

There’s a dim fire burning in A.J.’s eyes as he tries to hang on, but the fire in Will’s is burning brighter than ever as he sneers and pulls A.J. in a bit. Sure, they both stumble a bit into the open space near the doors at the opposite end of where this fight started, but that doesn’t change who’s in control here.

NOVAK:
But look how desperately these two are fighting, after all they’ve put each other through! This is the fighting spirit, the resilience, the sheer willpower that defines hardcore wrestling! Whoever wins this fight, make no mistake, he will have earned the Hardcore Championship. The other guy...well, he’s gonna need a ride to the emergency room.

Finally, Will pushes A.J. away and maintains wrist control, creating the ripcord that sets up so many devastating maneuvers in the sport.

NOVAK:
This might just decide it all!

Will lunges in knee-first, looking to close the distance and take A.J.’s head off in the process. But something, maybe it’s the shakiness of the train, maybe it’s A.J.’s situational awareness, throws the calculations off, and it means Morales gets just enough to the side to dodge the blow, while Neilson goes right forward until—KLONNNNNNG! Will’s kneecap hits another one of those vertical poles straight-on.

NOVAK:
NOOOOOOO!

DELONGE:
CHRIST ALMIGHTY!

NOVAK:
Neilson hits the Diabolical Bullet, but he hits the wrong target and pays the price!

As the challenger falls, letting the momentum of the train carry him forward and to the side until the only way he can stay up is to wrap both arms around the pole for dear life, we can hear Will hissing, trying to suck up the pain. The darkness of the tunnel walls shows us his face in the window, eyes clenched shut, teeth bared in pain. Behind him stands A.J., holding onto one of those black straps hanging above with his left, and there’s empathy in the champion’s eyes as he looks on. Everything seems to get quieter, maybe because the train is finally starting to slow down. A.J. knows what he’s seconds away from doing to this guy he barely knows. His right hand clenches into a fist and rises up in front of his face, seemingly of its own volition.

NOVAK:
And now A.J. has the chance to put this away!

DELONGE:
I don’t know if he wants to do this, necessarily, but it’s what he has to do to put an end to things.

A.J. finally kisses the ring knuckle of his fist, lets go of the strap, and runs in at his challenger.

NOVAK:
Liberator coming uuuuuup—

BOOM—KLONNNNNG! The Superman punch connects to the back of Will’s head, which whips forward, then back and to the side, right into the pole once again. The fedora, which should have flown off Will’s head at least five times since he last put it back on, finally falls off and lands on the nearest seat.

DELONGE:
FUCK!

NOVAK:
God, that had to hurt!

Neilson goes limp on the spot, the train’s momentum carrying him into a backward fall until he hits the floor, and A.J. wastes no time getting down and making the cover.

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

NOVAK:
And Morales retains the Hardcore Championship!

A.J. unhooks the leg and sits up, staring into space as the referee heads off to retrieve the championship belt. Will lies there, just barely conscious, a trickle of blood starting to stream down from his forehead.

DELONGE:
You’ve got to hand it to Will Neilson here. He wanted to take a risk, he wanted to put his name on the map as fast as possible in XWA, and he gave A.J. Morales a run for his money today. But this was one case where one wrong move just blows up in your face and costs you everything.

NOVAK:
Shit, I hope he’s OK in time for Lord of the Ring…

DELONGE:
Yeah, the last thing you wanna see is a guy having to be taken out of the tournament before he even gets to fight in the first round.

The referee comes back with the belt and offers A.J. a hand up, which the champion takes before he accepts the belt back and puts it on around his waist. The ref then goes to help Will up, and since Will is too rattled to stand on his own just yet, he has no choice but to take it.

NEILSON:
Mmf...I had that...

MORALES:
Hey, you’ll probably win this someday. Just not against me.

NEILSON:
Yeah, yeah, you got lucky there...

TRAIN OPERATOR:
Now approaching Embarcadero station...this is a San Francisco/Daly City train, Embarcadero station…

A.J.’s eyes go wide when he hears the announcement over the PA system. He looks out through the windows, and sure enough, not only are they at the station, but there’s a mass of BART police in riot gear assembling, waiting to swarm in as soon as the train stops and the doors open. Will looks around, unsure what’s about to happen.

MORALES:
Wait, who coulda…?

NEILSON:
That bloke you crashed into...he ran off, yeah?

MORALES:
And then he musta...Goddammit! Fuckin’ street preachers...

A.J. looks over his shoulder and into the camera as the train comes to a stop.

MORALES:
Might as well cut the feed. This shit’s gonna get ugly.

DING! The doors open, and sure enough, in come the cops, riot shields up in front, bowling over anyone standing. One of them comes right for the camera with a baton in hand and—KSSSSSSHHHHHPIURFPWQIRUFN—

DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Characters Handled: Emery Layton
Adam Fenric
Aki Yasuko
Amy Taylor

Postby DJS » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:34 pm

This match is now open for VOTING!

You guys have until 23:59 on TUESDAY 12TH JUNE 2018 to vote a winner on this one!

ANYONE on the boards can vote. If you're unsure, use the voting template provided here!
Need catching up on the current Runaways/Final story arc going into Legends? Look here!
Archer
Characters Handled: Blake Archer
El Conejo a Dos
El extraño guapo y Misterioso

Postby Archer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:31 am

WILL NEILSON
What I liked:
The opening really set the tone for me, there was some spots where it started to feel like it was dragging on and I was like Let's get to the action already! but not enough that it really took away from it. All leading into that headbutt was beautiful! Lead up to the ending didn't leave me confused it was solid story telling.

What I disliked:
I can't pin point it because some of it I quite enjoined, but the fighting in the elevator kind of lost me.

Personal Favourite Part:
The spear on the escalators, I wasn't quite sure I was seeing it right, but the reaction of the commentators and the way the crowd was rushing to see what happened next I think painted it as a real highlight. The selling of it was done nicely I thought also.

Personal Least Favourite Part:
most of the elevator, it was just hard for me to follow.

Constructive Criticism for Next Time:
I am not sure I have a lot, some places I felt confused on some of the description, but that might just me be. Overall I felt I got to know a lot about Will from this match and enjoined reading it. If I had to change anything I might have taken out the elevator scene or had the camera crew lose them and have to take the stairs to catch up, meeting the two in a striking brawl as the doors open? It really slowed down there and that is where the flow really got ruined for me.

Final Comments:
This match-up I think might be even closer than the last hardcore match I voted on. This match kicked it off with a bang! This division is very exciting and this match fit that genre for me. I rather enjoined this first look at Will Neilson before the LOTR and can't wait to see what happens there now! When I got done reading I seriously thought to myself that Morales is done for as champion. Great debut!

-------
AJ MORALES
What I liked:
I really liked your layout and the way you opened up and started it all out on the train. Also the incorporating of the surroundings of the train/people in this match with the added "Batman" sound effects added in with your take on the Commentary really kept me reading line to line.

What I disliked:
In the beginning mostly I would have liked to seen more of Will's offense leading towards a pinfall. It might not be in his character, but I would presume anyone in this division wants to get the pin as fast as possible so that just stood out to me.

Personal Favourite Part:
Morales slips free, and when he sees a different pair of seats nearby with a pole attached and going to the ceiling, an idea hits him before he’s even consciously aware of it. A.J. leaps up onto the seats, grabs the pole as he turns and gets one foot on the top of the seats, swings himself around and goes parallel until—WHAM! Both feet catch Will right in the face, knocking him down to the floor! I had been waiting for this spot as soon as I started reading and it did not disappoint!

Personal Least Favourite Part:
The parts where Will ran his mouth off. I could have been missing the point of it, or just not that invested in the background, but it too my mind away from the action.

Constructive Criticism for Next Time:
I couldn't really find anything that I would have changed. The verbal parts outside commentary did kind of take away from it for me, but as I stated I might just not have gotten it.

Final Comments:
This is the second title match I have read of AJ's and I felt that it was even more creative. Though this one held my interest a little less then the Starbucks one mate, I still like your consistency and the places this title goes is always interesting. Other then the very beginning it really felt like Will was on a mission and then Morales' strengths all surged to the surface due to how much attention is paid to details.
----

The Person Getting My VOTE:
AJ MORALES
Overall Match Comments:
This was so neck and neck that I had to take a few days and a couple reads to fully decide on my vote. I really hate having to pick so I kept hoping someone else would as well. lol.
I enjoyed Will's match so much that other then the elevator I kept finding more and more that I liked, but the commentary started to feel not so hot. I felt similar as well as for Morales, the more I read the more I liked, other then Will's vocal parts. I finally decided on AJ just because of the way his commentary flowed a little more smoothly in my opinion then Will's did and the vocal parts seemed to take away from his match less then the elevator scene lost me during Will's match.

Return to “Hardcore 24/7!”