[VOTE] XWA Legends 2016 MAIN EVENT: Rob Chapman vs. Jerod Barnez- SUPREME XWA TITLE!

Matches that occurred on our 2016 event XWA Legends!
DJS
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

[VOTE] XWA Legends 2016 MAIN EVENT: Rob Chapman vs. Jerod Barnez- SUPREME XWA TITLE!

Postby DJS » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:29 am

The conclusion of one era.
The beginning of a new one.
It's the Biggest Show of the Year, and the End is Only The Beginning. It's...

Broadcast exclusively on The Xperience
LIVE! From Madison Square Garden in Manhattan, New York (18,200 Capacity),

Theme Song: "Can't Stop" by PreThing

The Main Event:

Supreme XWA Championship!

Jerod Barnez vs. Rob Chapman

At last, here we are. The main event of the biggest show of the year, with the greatest prize in wrestling on the line. Earlier this year, Jerod Barnez had initially been the one to shock the world by capturing the Supreme XWA Championship from Razer, but only a month later Rob Chapman would prove further surprise when he would claim the title for himself, following an interference from some old associates. This would then form the unit known as ELITE, who would go on to dominate the Xtreme Wrestling Alliance for the rest of the year, with Chapman at the heart of it all.

That day changed Jerod Barnez, and ever since then, he has made it his ambition to take down every member of ELITE, and get to the top of the XWA, right back to Rob Chapman. Now, he finally gets his wish. The rematch we've been waiting half a year for is here.

This is their time to be Legends.

--------
Deadline for matches is 27th November 2016 at 11:59 Eastern Standard Time.
Voting will start at this time and conclude on 4th December 2016 at 11:59 Eastern Standard Time.
[CST is one hour earlier. GMT is five hours later.]
Gopher
XWA Lead Booker
Characters Handled: Joey Miles
Danny Diamond
Alicia Miles

Re: XWA Legends 2016 MAIN EVENT: Rob Chapman vs. Jerod Barnez- SUPREME XWA TITLE!

Postby Gopher » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:05 pm

Just so everyone's aware, I asked DJS if I could get some extra time because I was dead tired last night and hadn't quite finished. I just woke up, so I'll be getting started on finishing my post, which is already a good portion written. Rob was okay with it and also could use some extra time.
Dysfunctional

Re: XWA Legends 2016 MAIN EVENT: Rob Chapman vs. Jerod Barnez- SUPREME XWA TITLE!

Postby Dysfunctional » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:02 pm

SuperSnoopz wrote:Just so everyone's aware, I asked DJS if I could get some extra time because I was dead tired last night and hadn't quite finished. I just woke up, so I'll be getting started on finishing my post, which is already a good portion written. Rob was okay with it and also could use some extra time.
I'm in the same boat. DJS pretty much said he needs more time on the Fenric match, so if he needs it, then we need it.
Gopher
XWA Lead Booker
Danny Diamond
Alicia Miles

Postby Gopher » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:41 pm

[I apologize for how long this took. There's probably a bunch of SPAG errors throughout but I don't really have time to spellcheck this whole thing, so hopefully it isn't too bad. I'm not sure how much longer Rob will take, but I'm fine with giving him how ever long he needs. Good luck, dude. This will probably be our final ever match together and I tried to do it justice.]

Hana Ramierez: ”Ladies and gentlemen, it is time for our main event of the evening!”

The audience cheers at the announcement that the final match of Legends is about to begin. Their cheers are shot up even louder in a matter of seconds, however, when …

”I’M A MOTHERFUCKING BEAST!”

Busta Rhymes’ verse on the Southpaw remix of “Beast” begins, as Jerod Barnez slowly steps through the curtain. This is Legends, the biggest show of the year, and many would look to make an amazing entrance on this night. For Jerod, theatrics are the furthest thing from his mind right now. He stands there, atop the stage, not even donning his usual entrance sunglasses as he stares forward, looking down at the ring. His eyes have grown cold over the last few months, but tonight is the night that he steps back in the ring with Rob Chapman and has a chance at retribution.

Mark Sanction: ”It’s finally time. It was back in August when this whole thing really started. Jerod was defending his Supreme Championship against Rob Chapman in what will surely go down as a classic. In the end, four men - Mark Storey, Ace Acid, Sean Young and Lx-Tim - involved themselves in the match and, much to everyone’s surprise, Rob revealed that they were with him. They cheated Jerod out of the Supreme Championship and, when Jerod’s father tried to save him, they took him out. We saw Thomas earlier in the night and he’s confirmed that the attack we saw back in August has officially left him unable to wrestle again, but he doesn’t want his son to go into this match looking to maim. He wants Jerod to get his revenge in another way; by winning. He wants Jerod to take back the Supreme Championship and boost his career to new heights, while taking the one thing most important to Rob. The question remains, will he be able to control his anger or will it get the better of him?”

Matt Steel: ”Let’s not forget the fact that his opponent is kind of, you know, amazing. Even if Jerod can focus on winning and not trying to tear Rob’s limbs off, who’s to say he can even beat Rob? Right now, Rob’s got the only victory between them.”

Mark Sanction: ”Yes, a victory that, as previously mentioned, was by crook.”

Matt Steel: ”He still beat Jerod. The opposite can’t be said.”

Jerod continues to stand at the top of the stage, almost as if he’s paralyzed in his current position. With all of the emotion he’s feeling right now, he knows he’s about to step into the ring and go face-to-face with the man responsible for his father’s predicament, but having heard his father’s words earlier in the night, he knows he needs to listen to them. He needs to win this and, as much as Thomas said he needs to do it for himself, Jerod feels he needs to do it for his father. Taking in a deep breath, his eyes still fixated on the ring all the way down the ramp, Jerod finally begins his walk. The loud music and cheers of the fans are offset by Jerod’s slow pace. His mind is set solely on one thing, almost to the point of every sound and visual outside of the ring being ripped away from him as he’s placed in his own world.

Mark Sanction: ”Back in August, when these two had their first clash, Jerod was all smiles. That arrogant grin that has almost become a part of his personality was plastered on his face and you can just tell he was enjoying every second of being out there. Now, the big sequel is here and his expression and personality have made a full one-eighty. This really isn’t the same man we saw a few months back. It certainly isn’t the same man who defeated Razer for the Supreme Championship at XWA on a Pole.”

Matt Steel: ”Oh, sure, Jerod defeated Razer, but Rob ‘s win was by crook. You do remember how Jerod won the title, right? Cause I sure as hell remember you bitching about it.”

Mark Sanction: ”I do, Matt, and I don’t condone what happened then, just as I don’t condone how Rob got the championship. I just hope, tonight, no matter who wins - we get a clear, definitive ending to this story.”

Upon reaching the ring, Jerod walks up the steel steps. He takes each step slowly as his mind flashes the images he’s been thinking of for months now - the memories of what happened, the dreams of what can happen. He steps through the ropes and into the ring, standing inside what will be a warzone in just a matter of minutes. There’s no climbing the ropes and raising his hands. The fans may be cheering for him right now, but he doesn’t even notice it. He heads to his corner of the ring without a single bit of showmanship because he wants Rob to step in as soon as possible. And so, it’s time. “Beast” fades out, but it’s not replaced by Chapman’s own theme song of Woodkid’s “Iron”. Instead, the eerie sounds of Sergei Prokofiev’s “Juliet’s Funeral & Death”, starting at a minute and thirty-seven seconds into the song, are what’s heard. The audience quiets down as the music used by Rob’s own legendary father, Jeffrey Chapman, plays throughout the arena. The lights dim a crimson hue and fog covers the stage. While Jerod stands in his corner, craving the bell to ring and signify the beginning of the match, Rob’s ready to make a grand entrance that keeps him waiting. The music continues for thirty seconds, as fog has completely covered the stage, before picking up and introducing the drums from “Iron” that have been so masterfully mixed into Jeffrey’s theme music. At this instant, the XWA Supreme Champion steps out of the fog with that very championship slung on his shoulder. His attire is different from the usual. While his black cargo pants remain the same, his brown leather belt is now red. Instead of his usual black leather jacket, designed with the red Royal Lion on the back, he’s sporting a black, sleeveless robe with a hood that also has the Royal Lion on its back. His pants are tucked into black boots with red trim and he has his usual red band tied around his left bicep, black elbow pads with red trim and the Red Lantern Logo on them, black MMA gloves with red cuffs and a choker made out of black beads. Rob’s attire, as well as the music playing, are clearly meant to blend his own style with that of his father’s. The champion cracks his knuckles and then takes a quick glance around at the crowd. He raises his Supreme Championship into the air with one hand, taking in the boos - and few cheers - that the audience throws at him in response.

Mark Sanction: ”While Jerod wasn’t interested in the theatrics at all tonight, it seems Rob is. He’s taken a page or two from his father with this music and his attire. I have to wonder if this is simply to pay tribute or a way to mock Jerod for what happened to his father.”

Matt Steel: ”I think it’s a little bit of both.”

Jerod stares up the ramp at Rob, waiting very impatiently in the ring. Chapman notices this and decides to toy with his opponent even more by taking just a little extra time to soak in the atmosphere. He begins walking down the ramp, but his steps are slower than usual for the pure sake of agitating an already angry Jerod.

Mark Sanction: ”It’s clear that Rob isn’t intimidated right now. He’s about to step into the ring with a man who wants his head on a platter, not to mention it’s in the main event of Legends with his championship on the line, but he looks calmer than I think I’ve ever seen him before.”

Matt Steel: ”What, is he supposed to be worried? Rob knows he has this thing. There’s a reason why he’s taking so long to get to that ring right now. He knows it’s getting to Jerod. Sure, a pissed off beast is dangerous, but it’s also sloppy.”

Mark Sanction: ”He’s certainly got a game plan. I just wonder how he’ll react if that plan doesn’t go so smoothly.”

Finally reaching the bottom of the entrance ramp, Rob places the Supreme Championship on the ring apron. Showcasing some athleticism, Rob braces off of the apron, leaping up and sliding in under the bottom rope, feet first. He hastily pops back up to his feet, while picking up his championship in the process, and spins around, into the center of the ring, where he extends his arms out wide to pose. The majority of fans once again jeer as Rob glances over at Jerod with a smirk on his face. Barnez, who hasn’t taken his eyes off of Rob since he popped out of the fog, forces himself to remain still, knowing the match will begin very shortly and trying to keep his composure until then. Rob heads to the corner furthest from Jerod and hops onto the second rope, proceeding to pose with his title on there and trying to milk every single second he can of this to make Jerod wait as long as possible. Chapman hops back down to the canvas and hands his title over to senior official Jack J. Tickles. He then takes his robe off and passes it along, over the ropes, to a ringside worker. Finally, the champion heads into his corner and leans against it, seeming almost relaxed. Hana Ramierez steps into the center of the ring for the official championship match introductions, but Jerod’s eyes stay directly on his opponent.

Hana Ramierez: ”The following match is scheduled for a one-fall and it is for the XWA Supreme Championship! Introducing first, the challenger …”

Hana motions towards Jerod.

Hana Ramierez: ”Hailing from Detroit, Michigan, standing six feet, six inches tall and weighing in at two hundred and seventy-nine pounds, looking to become the first ever two-time XWA Supreme Champion, he is ‘Supreme’ Jerod Barnez!”

The fans cheer for Jerod, but he doesn’t budge an inch.

Hana Ramierez: ”And his opponent …”

Hana motions towards Rob, who immediately takes a few steps out of the corner and readies himself.

Hana Ramierez: ”Hailing from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, standing five feet, eleven inches tall and weighing in at two hundred and forty-seven pounds, defending the XWA Supreme Championship, he is ‘LionHeart’ Rob Chapman!”

On cue, Rob raises a fist into the air and the audience, as per usual, responds with a light amount of cheers mixed into heavy boos. Hana exits the ring and Jack does the usual pre-title match Championship raising, to show the belt that this will be contested for to the whole crowd.

Mark Sanction: ”This is it, folks. After months of anger and mental breakdowns, Jerod finally has his chance to take out everything he’s been feeling on Rob.”

Matt Steel: ”The key word there is chance. As much as everyone likes to think this is about Jerod getting his big revenge on Rob, they’re about to be hit with a reality check in the form of the Supreme Champion. Tonight isn’t about Jerod’s revenge, it’s about Rob solidifying himself as the king of this company.”

After showing off the Supreme Championship in all directions, Jack passes it along to ringside and then calls for the bell to officially begin the main event of a year of XWA.

DING! DING! DING!

The sonance of the bell ringing thrice is like a beautiful symphony for Jerod, as it finally releases him from the personal hell he’s been in for months and sets him free inside the gladiatorial pit and - as many wild animals do when they’re finally freed - Jerod charges. The challenger ducks down and picks Rob up by his waist. He then runs him spine-first into a corner of the ring and, with Rob trapped, he unleashes Shoulder Thrust after Shoulder Thrust into his opponent’s mid-section. The audience cheers for the explosive start to this match, but Jack is forced to try to break it up.
”He’s in the corner, Jerod. He’s in the corner,” Jack insists, but Jerod’s not in any mood to back away from Rob right now. Not wanting to an such an important match by disqualification, Jack decides to put himself in harm’s way to break this up. He kneels down and gets in between the two wrestlers, trying his best to push Jerod back. Naturally, the aged official isn’t very strong in comparison to Jerod, but this does give just enough of a window for Rob to strike back, drilling Jerod with a hard right hook to the face. This begins sequence of punches going back and forth between the two with Jack, rather unfortunately, stuck in the middle.

As the two pound into each other’s faces with rapid-fire punches, Tickles manages to squeeze himself out of the pickle and, now that no one is backed into a corner, lets them fight. It’s Rob who manages to take the advantage first, as he ducks an incoming punch from Jerod and responds with a series of stiff, open-palm strikes mixed in with several elbow shots. He looks to follow up this hard-hitting series of strikes by paying tribute to one of his best friends. Rob spins around swiftly and smashes his arm into Jerod’s upper chest and neck in an attempt at Danny Diamond’s Discus Lariat; Die Tonight. Much to Chapman’s surprise, however, his brick house of an opponent hardly even moves! The initial shock of Jerod taking the move with very little effect wears off quickly and Rob decides to try again, sure that he can take the big guy down. He spins around once more to attempt the Discus Lariat, but as he swings back around this time, Jerod shoots his foot up Big Boot-style right into Rob’s extended arm, causing it to jerk back and nearly dislocating his shoulder. Jerod then spins into a Discus Lariat of his own and this one not only drops Rob, but sends him slamming on the back of his neck with ridiculous intensity!

Mark Sanction: ”Christ, Jerod damn near decapitated Rob with that Lariat! And Rob’s Lariat hardly made him budge! That’s not for a lack of power, folks. Rob is deadly with his strikes.”

Matt Steel: ”Yeah, he’s just gonna have to weather the storm for now, Mark. Jerod’s in machine mode right now, but once Rob can break through that, he’ll show us all why he’s here, in this match, as the Supreme Champion.”

Jerod wastes no time in continuing to go after Rob. He lifts the Canadian superstar back to his feet and tosses him almost ragdoll-like into a corner of the ring as if he was throwing about a child and not a two hundred and forty-seven pound man. Continuing to show an absolute lack of fear in getting disqualified, despite his father’s warning earlier in the night, Jerod starts drilling his opponent in the head with closed fist punches while he’s, again, trapped in the corner. ”Come on, Jerod, let him out of the corner,” the official demands, but he gets about as much reaction from Jerod as he did before. Each punch to Rob’s head sinks the champion into the corner further and further until he’s almost sitting on the bottom turnbuckle, at which point Jerod changes up his attack. The punches are abandoned in favor of straight up headbutts, delivered with such authority that it wouldn’t be surprising if Jerod gave himself a concussion! This forces Rob to sink even further until he’s eventually seated on the ring canvas, leaning back against the bottom turnbuckle. Jerod turns away from Chapman, letting out a light roar as he does so, and he heads to the opposing corner of the ring. Looking to cave Rob’s face in, Barnez rushes across the ring and attempts to slam his knee right into that very face! Rob manages to slide out of the way just in time, but Jerod doesn’t get enough time to slow down. Even with padding, Jerod’s knee ramming into the middle turnbuckle with that much velocity hurts, so much so that the challenger lets out a pain-filled grunt through his teeth. Before he has a chance to turn around, Jerod’s pulled backwards by Rob in a Roll-Up manner, but Chapman isn’t attempting a pin. He lets go of Jerod as he’s rolling backwards and quickly gets back to his feet, as Barnez manages to tumble onto his knees. Quickly, Rob rushes in and drills the challenger with a knee strike of his own, connecting with the bridge of Jerod’s nose! The impact of the strike caused Jerod’s head to violently jerk back before he swung forward and dropped to a lying position on his stomach. Chapman looks down at his handy work with a grin.

Matt Steel: ”Now there we go! Rob dodged Jerod’s attempt at a knee to the face, but Jerod wasn’t so lucky. You thought that Lariat hurt Rob? Well the champion’s showing just how deadly, as you put it, his strikes can be.”

Mark Sanction: ”This match has just begun and I’m already a little worried. We know these two can take tremendous amounts of damage and keep on ticking, but we’ve just begun things and the brutality is already here. I can’t imagine what else is in store for these two, but I can assure you right now, it won’t be pretty.”

The champion drops his boot onto the back of Jerod’s head repeatedly, but these stomps aren’t intended to hurt. They’re far more served as a method of toying with his opponent. ”Come on, Jerod, get up,” Rob taunts, as he continues lightly tapping his opponent’s head with his foot, ”You can’t let Tommy down, can you? Well, not anymore than you did when you let me kick his fucking head off in front of the world.” Jerod, hearing Rob’s words, begins to try getting back up, but now Chapman’s stomps become a little less about mind games and a little more about pain. The champion stomps down with authority on the back of his opponent’s head, forcing Jerod to smack his face off of the canvas. Following this, Chapman kneels down beside his challenger. ”He has never been a legend and you will never be a legend,” Rob disrespectfully says to Jerod before going back on the attack. While kneeling down, Chapman wraps his arms around Jerod’s mid-section and, showcasing that he has some serious strength in him, the champion deadlifts Jerod off of the canvas and holds him up by his waist. Chapman struggles a bit to keep the nearly two hundred and eighty pound man up, but it’s not very noticeable. Rob drops backwards, while flipping Jerod up and over, taking the big man to the canvas with a very impressive Gutwrench Suplex! Despite the majority of fans’ dislike for Rob’s disrespectful nature, many can’t help but cheer at the great showing of strength.

Matt Steel: ”Oh shit! Everyone’s always talking about Jerod’s insane strength, but Rob just lifted that big guy straight from the mat and flipped him on his back. Yeah, he fucking lifts.”

Mark Sanction: ”I’ll give the devil his due, that was some very impressive strength shown by the champion. Of course, I’ve never doubted Rob’s strength or his skill, for that matter. He is insanely talented. I just don’t care for his personality traits, ever since ELITE began.”

Opting out of going for the cover, Rob decides to weaken down Jerod a bit more first. With “The Descendant of a God” on his back, Rob stomps down hard on his mid-section, causing a jolt of pain in his body that instinctively forces him to sit up, only to be drilled with a shoot-style kick to the chest that knocks him back down. Chapman does this again, stomping on his stomach and then kicking him in the chest, not just once more, not twice, but three more times! Following the fourth kick to the chest, Rob stomps down on Jerod’s stomach once more, but he doesn’t follow this one up with another chest kick. Instead, he takes a step back and finishes this unique combination with his other foot, drilling the seated Barnez with a low Roundhouse-style kick to the back of the head! The kick sounds like a gunshot blasting through the arena and it forces Jerod to flop onto his side. Rob quickly drops down, pulls him onto his back and hooks his far leg for a pin attempt. Jack, staying on top of things, drops down in position to see Jerod’s shoulders and makes the count.

ONE!

TWO!

T--Barnez kicks out of the pinning predicament, but it’s not nearly as quick of a kick out as many would’ve expected this early in the match, showing just how devastating Rob’s kicks really can be.

Mark Sanction: ”Jerod had a big wave of offense at the beginning of this match, but ever since Rob dodged his knee strike, it’s been all Chapman - and in typical Chapman fashion. I don’t care how tough you are, if you’re getting hit from every damn end with strikes by this guy, you won’t last long.”

Rob rolls Jerod onto his stomach and stands over him. He kneels down and, with one hand, pulls Jerod’s head backwards. ”Those kicks hurt, huh?” Rob rhetorically asks, continuing, ”What about these?” The champion then proceeds to swing his free arm right into the side of Jerod’s head crossface-style and club him hard! He follows this up by grabbing Jerod’s head by the hand he just struck him with and repeating the strike with his other arm. Rob lands six more of these brutal crossface-style strikes, alternating between arms each time, before yanking Jerod’s head back a little more and wrapping his arm around his neck to apply a Dragon Clutch, finalizing his signature Black Monday submission! The fans let out a loud reaction mixing boos for Rob having the advantage and cheers to try and will Jerod out of this.

Mark Sanction: ”I honestly can’t tell if Rob expects to finish this early or just wants to do as much damage as possible right now. Regardless, Jerod’s in some serious trouble as the Black Monday is applied!”

Matt Steel: ”Jerod may not be one to give up, but if he passes out the result is still the same.”

With the Black Monday locked in tight and the two wrestlers placed dead center in the middle of the ring, Jerod doesn’t have many options right now. Naturally, Jack has to ask him, ”Do you wanna give up, Jerod?” but he gets no response from the challenger. Despite the pain this hold causes, Jerod doesn’t even have the thought of submitting on his mind. Matt is correct, though, and if he were to pass out from the Black Monday, Rob would retain. As such, Jerod knows he needs to get out of this as quick as possible. The second generation wrestler slams his fist into the canvas and begins trying to gain some leverage by getting on his knees. Rob tries to maintain his positioning and keep Jerod as grounded as possible, but the power that Barnez possesses is very hard to combat. Jerod manages to get on his knees and this gives him the positioning he needed to start getting back to a vertical base. The only problem is Rob is refusing to release the hold. Jerod showcases his incredible strength, fighting back to his feet with Rob’s weight holding him down and his head being painfully cranked back. Once he pushes Rob far enough off the ground that his feet are no longer touching, Chapman quickly applies a Body Scissors with his legs in an attempt to squeeze some of the air out of Jerod’s body and put him back down, but it’s to no avail. The challenger is determined to break free and break free he does. Once standing, Jerod stumbles at first, but then he runs towards a corner of the ring and drops down just before getting to it, causing Rob’s face to smack into the middle turnbuckle as the two fell and forcing Chapman to release the hold in the process! The fans cheer for Jerod as he managed to get free of the Black Monday, while Rob rolls out of the ring to recuperate, having hit hard on the turnbuckle.

Mark Sanction: ”Jerod managed to escape the hold and put Rob in some serious pain in the process, but the damage may have been done.”

Matt Steel: ”I think ‘may’ is being a bit too optimistic for Jerod. He’s hurting. Rob is too now, but Jerod’s hurting a lot more.”

Jerod uses the nearby ropes to aid himself in getting back to a vertical base. He notices Rob has left the ring and he doesn’t plan on resting. Barnez reaches through the ropes in an attempt to exit the ring, but Chapman was waiting! The champion drills his challenger in the side of the head with a elbow shot that forces Jerod to drop out of the ring and hit the thinly padded floor with a thud! ”Come on, back in the ring,” Jack warns, before beginning a ten count. Rob isn’t concerned with the recently begun count, so he lifts his opponent back to his feet by his head, even pulling by his hair a little bit. He then kneels a bit and wraps his right arm around Jerod’s middle torso. Chapman pushes forward, driving Jerod’s lower back into the ring apron and causing a grunt of pain from the challenger. Looking to follow this up nicely, Rob lays into his adversary with shoot-style kicks to the chest as he remains backed up against the apron. After four consecutive kicks, Jerod manages to catch the third one, much to Chapman’s dismay. The audience lets out a loud ‘ooo’ at the sight of Jerod holding Rob’s leg, because they know the champion’s in trouble. Jerod pulls Chapman in by his leg and quickly ducks down, lifting him up by his waist and spinning around. “Supreme” Jerod slams Rob straight into the ring apron on his lower back with a Double A-style Spinebuster! Jerod is quick to capitalize on this as he yanks Rob away from the apron and then viciously Irish Whips him into the nearest set of steel steps, Rob dropping just before he reaches them and slamming his right shoulder into them. The impact of the whip manages to knock the top half of the steps over, which the audience responds to with cheers.

Mark Sanction: ”Ooh! Jerod knocked the top half of those steps clear off with all of the power he put behind that whip!”

Matt Steel: ”Hey ref, you wanna do something about this?!”

Mark Sanction: ”He’s counting, Matt. That’s all he really needs to do right now. I just hope these two get back in the ring before his count is up. I’d hate to see us finish the year on a count out.”

As Rob stumbles away from the steps, Jerod grabs the bottom half, now with the top half disconnected, and pulls it away from the ring. From inside the ring, Jack sees this and stops his count briefly to tell Jerod, ”Get away from those steps and back in the ring, Jerod!” Going ignored by the challenger, Tickles continues his count, having reached six. Barnez turns back to Rob and grabs “The Straight Edge Outlaw” by his head. He attempts to pull him back to his feet, but Jerod takes a very hard slap to the face for his efforts. Angered, Barnez lunges forward, looking to rip Chapman’s head off with a punch, but the Nova Scotia born star ducks under it and pops up behind his adversary. Jerod hurriedly spins around, but he doesn’t have time to react before being drilled with an Enzuigiri to the side of the head that forces him to stumble back a step and drop to his knees, landing next to the bottom half of the steel steps. Rob notices the official’s count reaching dangerous levels and he rolls into the ring, but he doesn’t plan on staying. Chapman exits onto the apron, much to Jack’s chagrin, forcing him to restart his account. Meanwhile, Jerod uses the steel steps to help him get back to a vertical base, but he isn’t aware of Rob’s present on the apron behind him. Chapman waits for the opportune moment to strike and, when that moment shows itself, he takes it. The Supreme Champion rushes along the apron before leaping off and pressing his knees on Jerod’s shoulders from behind, driving him forward and causing the challenger to smash face-first into the steel steps with a modified variation of the Meteora that Rob likes to call Shining Friday! The fans, even those who dislike Rob, cheer for the creative use of the Shining Friday, as Rob slides off of the steps and takes a moment to clear the cobwebs from the landing, as his knees hit the steps too.

Mark Sanction: ”Ouch! Jerod was just driven face-first into those steps!”

Matt Steel: ”That’s the thing about Rob, he’s just so innovative! He took the Shining Friday, which in itself can hurt a hell of a lot, and he adapted it to the situation. I bet he can take the count out win right now if he wants!”

Mark Sanction: ”I’d hope Rob would be a better champion than one who’d take a count out victory in a match of this magnitude.”

After making sure his knees were fine following the landing of the Shining Friday, Rob focuses on the barely moving Jerod. He grabs Jerod by the head and right arm and pulls him to the ring apron, proceeding to push him into the ring under the bottom rope - a task that’s a lot easier than it sounds when it comes to a nearly lifeless, two hundred and seventy-nine pound man. Rob slides into the ring after Jerod and rolls him away from the ropes before hooking his far leg in another pin attempt.

ONE!

TWO!

TH--Jerod’s not ready to lose just yet as he gets his shoulder up in time. Following the kick out, Rob transitions into a seated position next to Jerod, almost as if he was taking a moment to just relax and enjoy his position in this match.
”Just as stubborn as ‘Old Man Barnez’, aren’t ya?” he asks, again rhetorically, as Jerod refuses to lose. Chapman gets back to his feet and, once more, pulls Jerod back up afterwards. He grabs the back of Barnez’s head and begins landing clinch-style knee strikes to his body, all while backing Jerod up into a corner of the ring. Once Barnez’s back touches the turnbuckles, Rob lets go of his head and grabs his wrist. “The Warrior” sends his foe across the ring with an Irish Whip, forcing him to the opposing corner. Chapman jolts forward, but so does Jerod, who bursts out of the corner and attempts a Clothesline. Rob ducks underneath this Clothesline attempt and keeps running, until he leaps into the air and spins horizontally as he does so, landing on the middle rope with his face to the ring. Barnez turns around quickly and Rob leaps at him, wrapping his arms around Jerod’s head and spinning, looking for his signature diving Tornado DDT known as the Dark Impact! Unfortunately for Chapman, Jerod’s strength is one of his biggest weapons. As Rob swings around, trying to bring Jerod down with the DDT, the big man keeps his feet planted and refuses to go down, instead managing to keep his nearly two hundred and fifty pound opponent held up! The initial shock of being kept held almost caused Rob to release his Front Facelock, but a stern punch to the side of his ribs from Jerod with his left hand, before grabbing Rob under both armpits afterwards, is what forces the release. With Jerod’s head no longer in Chapman’s clutch, the challenger throws his opponent straight up into the air, catching Rob on the way down and leaping, while plowing Chapman into the canvas with as much force as he can - Jerod landing a Pop-Up Sitout Powerbomb that bounces the entire ring! The fans pop big time for this display of power, but Jerod doesn’t go for the pin, instead rolling away from Rob and uses the ropes to help himself back to his feet.

Mark Sanction: ”I’m glad he didn’t, but I bet Rob is wishing he had went for the count out now. Damn, that shook the whole ring!”

Matt Steel: ”That’s just a reminder of how scarily strong this guy is. I mean, I still expect Rob to come out of this with the win, but his power is insane.”

Jerod didn’t go for the cover and there’s a reason for that. What that reason is, though, no one is quite sure on. Is Jerod not heeding his father’s advice and, instead of trying to win, is just trying to hurt Rob? Maybe he felt what he’s done wouldn’t have been enough to put the champion away anyway. Regardless, Jerod has plans right now and he’s about to set them in motion. The challenger, having a rare moment in the driver’s seat of this match, is ready for something big. He grabs his Canadian opponent by the back of the head and yanks him back to his feet, only to toss him into the nearest turnbuckle. Unlike the first two times Jerod placed Rob in a corner of the ring tonight, this time isn’t to strike away at him. Instead, Barnez pushes Jerod to a seated position on the top turnbuckle. He then climbs up to the middle rope and applies a Front Facelock, while hooking Rob’s arm around his shoulder, clearly setting up for a Superplex! Jerod attempts to lift Rob, but he takes a punch to the side of his chest in response as Chapman desperately tries to fight his way out of this situation. Jerod is persistent, however, and tries to lift him again, but Chapman lands another quick jab to Barnez’s chest. Refusing to let go of this, Jerod lifts once more and Rob punches him again, but this time Jerod doesn’t stop. He raises Rob up, Suplex-style, and stalls for a moment, almost instinctively as he’s known for showboating his strength with Suplex stalling. It’s as if the arrogant show off is still somewhere inside of Jerod, lurking. Unfortunately for him, this was not a good time to go for the stall. Chapman continues to fight back and he manages to bring his knee down hard on Barnez’s cranium, causing him to loosen his grip and allowing Rob to drop down behind Jerod, landing on the same middle rope that he’s standing, his legs spread just a bit further. Quickly, Chapman applies a Waist Lock to his adversary and he pulls the big guy backwards, off of the middle rope and drops him in the back of his next with a German Suplex that Rob very impressively lands in a bridging pin attempt!

ONE!

TWO!

THRE--But Jerod manages to break out of the pin just in time! The audience cheers loudly for the move and, even more-so, for the kick out.

Matt Steel: ”And that’s why I still expect Rob to win. Absolutely beautiful!”

Mark Sanction: ”In a Dark Souls kinda way, yeah. That was ugly, in such a beautiful way. Jerod kicked out, though. He’s staying in this one, but he’s taken a lot of damage by this point.”

Jerod rolls onto his stomach following the kick out, but Rob has no plans of resting. The champion gets to a knee and, somewhat amused at Jerod’s resiliency, but also getting sick of it, he nails the challenger in the back of the head with a few closed fist punches that make those close enough to really see it cringe. Chapman gets back to his feet and stands at the downed Barnez’s head. He begins to pull him up, but quickly applies a Front Facelock. Once he’s got Jerod on his feet, “The War Machine” readies himself to spike the challenger on his head with a DDT, but Barnez pushes him away, breaking free of Rob’s grasp in the process. Hurriedly, Chapman rushes back towards Jerod, but he’s taken off of his feet with a Snap Powerslam! Jerod doesn’t go for a cover following this. He’s got something else in mind right now. “The Descendant of a God” drags Rob’s downed body closer to a corner of the ring and leaves him laid out in front of it. He then turns to the corner itself and climbs onto the middle rope. Barnez takes a moment, while standing on the middle rope, to take a deep breath as he prepares for flight. He looks back, briefly, to make sure Rob is still lying in the same position and then the big man takes flight. He jumps to the top rope and springboards off of it into a back flip, crashing down hard on Chapman with a Double Jump Moonsault! The crowd pops for the big aerial move from the challenger and, for the first time in the match, Jerod goes for the cover!

ONE!

TWO!

T--But to Jerod’s surprise, it’s not nearly enough to finish Rob off!

Mark Sanction: ”Rob kicked out! Jerod just showcased some of that amazing athleticism that’s gotten him to where he is, but even two hundred and seventy-nine pounds crushing Rob beneath it wasn’t enough to keep the champion down!”

This would usually be the moment when Jerod would yell at the referee for counting slow or just throw a fit in general because he felt he should’ve won. Not tonight. Tonight, Jerod is more focused than he’s ever been before. His anger felt throughout the last few months was boiling over in the early portion of this match, but he’s finally managing to control it, if not just a little. He knows he needs to win this and he knows he won’t if he kept letting his anger get the best of him. Jerod gets up and moves right onto his next course of action. Unfortunately for Rob, that action begins with Jerod kneeling down in the furthest corner of the ring from him. The fans cheers, knowing exactly what Jerod’s getting ready for.

Mark Sanction: ”Oh no. That Moonsault may not have kept Rob down, but this damn sure might! Is Jerod on the verge of winning back the Supreme Championship?!”

Matt Steel: ”Shit, Rob’s in trouble here.”

Jerod waits in the corner of the ring, stalking his prey like George Zimmerman at the Twin Lakes community. Rob uses the nearby ropes to help aid himself as he gets back to his feet, seemingly unaware that his opponent is ready to tear him in half. As Rob finally stands and turns to Jerod’s direction, the former champion rushes full speed ahead, looking to drill Rob into the canvas with his finishing Gore! Unfortunately for Jerod, Rob’s been in this situation plenty of times before thanks to his father. Chapman swiftly dodges to the side and Jerod goes straight into the corner, cracking his right shoulder into the steel post! Instead of immediately pulling himself out of the corner, Jerod simply lies there, motionless, hanging his upper body by the post.

Mark Sanction: ”Rob moved out of the way just in the nick of time, there! Jerod’s shoulder may be dislocated after that!”

Matt Steel: ”For as big as he is, that’s a lot of speed to pick up, just for you to go crashing into the steel post. I’m surprised the damn post didn’t snap in half from that.”

Rob sees Jerod just hanging over the middle turnbuckle and decides to capitalize on this moment. He steps through the ropes, onto the apron. ”Back in the ring, come on,” insists Jack, but as per usual, he goes ignored. Rob measures the situation from the apron and then takes action. He runs along the apron and drills his opponent in the side of the head with his knee, knocking it into the steel post! The momentum behind Rob’s run almost causes him to fall off of the apron, but he manages to swing around the corner and land on the apron from that side. Jerod, having just had his head crushed between Rob’s knee and an actual post of steel, slumps back into the ring and drops, limp, to the canvas, landing on his side. Rob extends his foot through the middle and bottom ropes just far enough to tap Jerod on the shoulder with it, causing him to slide onto his back. With Barnez in good position for the champion, he begins ascending the ropes from outside of the ring. Upon reaching the top rope, he swings his foot around and perches himself on it with his back to the ring. Much-like Jerod did before his Double Jump Moonsault, Chapman looks back to make sure Barnez is still lying just where he was. Once he’s confirmed this, the Canadian champion shouts for the arena to hear, ”This is a Moonsault!” He leaps into the air, back flipping off of the top turnbuckle with grace, before crashing down on top of Jerod, landing a high angle Moonsault that would make even the best high flyers jealous! Once more, even those who hate Rob can’t help but cheer his talent. Rob immediately follows the Moonsault up with a pin attempt.

ONE!

TWO!

THR--Jerod stays in it, getting his shoulder up in time!

Mark Sanction: ”He’s right, that was certainly a Moonsault - a damn good one, at that - but Jerod still won’t be beaten!”

Matt Steel: ”Something’s gotta give, Mark. It doesn’t matter if he has to slay that damn beast, Rob is leaving here tonight with the Supreme Championship.”

Just as Jerod had just set up for the Gore, Rob feels it’s now time for him to call an end of this match. He gets back to his feet and readies himself, waiting next to Jerod for him to stand. ”Let’s end this,” Rob declares, as fans all throughout the arena look on, worried that Jerod may be about to lose.

Mark Sanction: ”Rob’s calling for something here. Are we about to witness a Crown Kick, as stolen by Diamond Jack Sabbath?”

Matt Steel: ”You say stolen, I say tribute. Either way, this is about to end.”

Slowly but surely, Jerod rises back to his feet. Rob, ready to finish this and leave Manhattan with his championship around his waist, shoots his foot into the air, looking to take Jerod out with the Roundhouse Kick he got from Diamond Jack Sabbath; the Crown Kick! Jerod manages to duck underneath Rob’s foot, however, and he jolts across the ring. He rebounds off of the ropes to gain momentum and rushes back towards Rob, looking to try a Gore once more, but this time the champion has the wherewithal to drive his knee up, catching Jerod right in the face as he was about to pounce! This knee strike causes Jerod’s upper body to shoot back up and Chapman quickly transitions behind his challenger, grabbing him in a Waist Lock and bringing him backwards into a German Suplex that spikes Barnez on the back of his head! Surprisingly, Barnez doesn’t stay down. He rolls onto his feet, fighting straight through the pain and he shoots his foot into Rob’s face with a powerful Big Boot that knocks Chapman backwards into the ropes! Rob responds by bouncing back off the ropes and drilling the challenger with the point of his elbow, causing Jerod to stumble a bit, but he doesn’t fall. Instead, he quickly spins into an elbow strike of his own, this time Discus-style, but Rob refuses to drop this time!

The Supreme Champion hits back with a kick to the gut that doubles Barnez over and he hurriedly places Jerod’s arm through his legs, looking to hit what may be his most devastating finisher, the Pumphandle Neckbreaker that is commonly known as the Sunday Crush! Jerod manages to break free of Rob’s grasp, much to his dismay, and he spins around, quickly wrapping his arm around the champion’s neck and driving him head-first into the canvas with a spiking DDT that causes Rob to flip onto his back. Jerod doesn’t let go of the Front Facelock and, instead, he floats backwards, over Rob, and deadlifts him off of the canvas, Suplex-style! While holding Chapman upside down, Jerod backs up just a bit so that the ropes are behind him and then he tilts his opponent, sending him backwards with a Vertical Suplex, but not dropping with him. Rob’s upper back hits the top rope, springing him forward, towards the outside of the ring, but he avoids a painful faceplant to the outside by grabbing the top rope, just in time, to keep himself on the apron. Meanwhile, Jerod darts across the ring. Rob, taking a second to recover from the shock of almost breaking his face, turns around on the apron just in time to see Jerod darting towards him. The challenger leaps through the top and middle ropes, wrapping his arms around Rob’s mid-section in the process and driving him straight off the apron and to the floor below with a massive Gore that sends both men out of the ring! Many audience members jump out of their seats with cheers. Jack doesn’t immediately start his ten count, worried about whether those two are alright.

Mark Sanction: ”Oh shit, a Gore through the ropes!”

Matt Steel: ”Okay, shit, this isn’t good.”

Mark Sanction: ”Jerod’s staying in this one in a big way! When you mix that kind of power and agility, you have a very dangerous weapon and we just saw what that combination can do first hand!”

The two competitors are down for a bit, having endured tremendous damage in this match. Jack has no choice but to start his count. The fans are still cheering from the Gore, but now many of them are trying to simply will these two up so the match doesn’t end in a count out. While they’re dead still for the first few counts, at four Jerod begins to stir, with Rob following not much later. The two warriors use anything they can - ring apron, barricade, steps - to pull themselves back up to their feet. Jerod’s up first, at a count of seven, and he wastes no time upon standing. He grabs Rob by the back of his head, as he was nearly to his feet by the ring, and pushes him straight in. As the official counts nine, Jerod slides in after Rob and prevents the count out finish. Inside the ring, Rob is on a knee, getting back to his feet. Barnez, however, is ready to win. He runs to the ropes and ricochets off of them for momentum, as he did before. As he rebounds, Rob makes it to his feet, but he sees Jerod coming and the champion leap frogs straight over Jerod’s attempt at another Gore! Barnez stops himself mid-run and turns around, but he turns straight into a Crown Kick from Rob! Much to Rob’s - and anyone watching’s - surprise, Barnez stays standing!

Mark Sanction: ”Crown Kick! Rob landed the Crown Kick out of Goddamn nowhere, but Jerod’s still standing!”

Matt Steel: ”How the hell is he still up?!”

It’s clear that Jerod’s mind isn’t on Rob right now. Anyone can easily see that in his eyes. The Crown Kick that should have, by all rights, ended the match didn’t even knock him down, but his lights are out. In what is really just a few mere seconds, it feels like an eternity for Jerod, who feels as much pain as he’s ever felt before, but he refuses to drop. All he can think about right now is his father. He feels as though he needs this win because, if he loses, Rob gets away with what he and ELITE did to his father. He knows if he succumbs to the pain and drops, Rob will pin him and everything he’s felt for the past three months plus will have just led to what Chapman wanted all along. He needs this. He can’t lose now, but there’s only so much a body can take. Rob, at first surprised by Jerod’s will, knows that as well as he does. The champion swings his leg once more, cracking Jerod in the side of the head with a second Crown Kick, this one forcing Jerod down to a knee, but he still doesn’t fall completely! His face and body are shaking from the pain, but he’s not dropping!

Mark Sanction: ”A second Crown Kick! Jerod dropped to a knee, but he’s not down yet! He just refuses to go down!”

Matt Steel: ”Just drop, Jerod! For God’s sake, just go down!”

Rob, hardly able to believe what he’s seeing, gains a look of pure concentration on his face. He takes a few steps back, dead-set on finally putting Jerod away. As Jerod stays there, on his knee, seemingly fading in and out of consciousness, he’s helpless to do anything as Rob bursts forward and, with a loud scream, ”BOOM!” the champion drills Jerod in the face with his finishing Yakuza Kick, finally managing to drop him onto his back. Rob shouts with as much intensity as he can, ”HEADSHOOOT!” and then he simply collapses on top of Jerod, covering him to finally finish his match.

ONE!

TWO!

THRE--But at the last possible moment, as close as any pin count could be, Jerod gets his shoulder up with as much energy as he could muster! The audience bursts into cheers!

Mark Santion: ”Oh my God, he kicked out! Two Crown Kicks AND a Headshot couldn’t keep Jerod down!”

Matt Steel: ”What the fuck IS this guy?!”
Last edited by Gopher on Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gopher
XWA Lead Booker
Danny Diamond
Alicia Miles

Postby Gopher » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:41 pm

Rob rolls off of Jerod and backs away, a look of pure shock on his face. How could he possibly have just kicked out? The fans are cheering wildly, but Rob refuses to believe that Barnez is really still in this. He gets back to his feet and walks as far away from Jerod as he can, to get as much running distance as he possibly can. ”Okay, one more fucking time,” the champion says with determination. He waits for Jerod to begin getting up so he can land one more Headshot. Jerod’s shown insane resilience, but there’s no way he can survive one more. It’s just not possible. Barnez, fighting through every bit of pain in his body and running on adrenaline, pushes himself up. Rob waits for the perfect moment to strike and then he goes for it. He rushes to Jerod, but “The Descendant of a God” catches Rob off guard, as he suddenly jumps to his feet and rushes forward, colliding with Rob with a Gore!

Mark Sanction: ”Gore!”

Jerod hooks the leg, going for the cover off of the surprising finisher.

ONE!

TWO!

THR--Yet, just as Jerod had, Rob kicks out! The fans all throughout the arena cheer and chant, “This-Is-Awesome!”

Mark Sanction: ”I can’t believe what we’re witnessing right now! This is Legends, this is for the Supreme Championship and neither man will give! What a match!”

Matt Steel: ”Rob’s still in it, Mark! Rob’s still fuckin’ in it!”

Both men are down. The fatigue and exhaustion of this match has piled on and on and the two competitors are worn out and in tremendous pain. Jack begins a ten count that could lead to a draw, but he’s hardly heard over the roaring crowd.

Mark Sanction: ”This damn thing may end in a draw. How the hell can these two keep going?”

Neither man wants the match to end this way and that’s very evident as they struggle to pull themselves back to their feet. Jerod uses the ropes closest to the entrance ramp to help himself up as Rob simply tries to stand on his own. At the count of eight, Jerod is standing first, but Rob’s up almost instantly after him. The two worn out gladiators stumble towards each other, but it’s Jerod who notices their close distance first and he kicks his opposition in the mid-section, forcing him to double over. Jerod places Rob’s head in between his legs and then raises him onto his shoulders in a Powerbomb style. Due to the exhaustion from this match, Jerod struggles a bit to keep Rob up, stumbling backwards until his back hits the ropes. Nevertheless, he stays determined and the Detroit native runs across the ring, holding Rob up as he does so, before launching him over the top rope, sending him flying towards the commentary table!

Matt Steel: ”OH SHI--“

Matt’s cut off as his headset flings from his head while he dives out of the way. Mark isn’t so lucky. Rob crashes right through the table, bursting it apart, and even knocking Sanction out of his wheelchair in the process! “Holy-Shit!” chants build throughout Madison Square Garden as Jack quickly exits the ring to check on Rob. The champion isn’t moving in the slightest and, instead of starting a count, the official is more concerned with making sure he is even conscious. Jerod, on the other hand, isn’t so concerned. After taking a moment to recuperate, trying to let some of the pain in his head from the kicks he received not too long ago fade out a bit, Barnez goes on the attack. He exits the ring and pushes the official out of the way, proceeding to grab Rob by his hair. ”Let him go. Come on, let him go, Jerod,” Jack pleads, but Jerod isn’t giving Rob any time to recover from that tremendous crash. He rolls the champion into the ring, but Jack tries to keep him from entering after him, to allow Rob some space. Barnez, once more, pushes Jack out of the way and he slides into the ring, as Rob’s almost to his feet, seemingly unaware of where he’s even at right now. Jerod runs at him, but Chapman suddenly springs to life, catching Barnez with a Spinning Wheel Kick; Cease! Rob stumbles back to his feet, now running on adrenaline as Jerod was earlier, and while Barnez slowly sits up, Chapman runs to the ropes and bounces off of them, returning with a sliding Lariat; Desist! Unable to capitalize immediately, Rob drops next to his opponent from the exhaustion, but he’s able to slowly drape an arm over Jerod’s chest for a pin attempt.

ONE!

TWO!

THR--Jerod kicks out! There’s hardly any fans that remained seated when Rob was launched out of the ring and barely any of them have went back to sitting since. Both men are down at the moment, though, and Jack is forced to start another count.

Matt Steel: ”Shit, Mark, are you okay?”

Mark Sanction: ”Y-yeah, I’m good. Goddamn.”

Matt Steel: ”Fuck, man. I knew these two were gonna tear each other apart, but even being an innocent bystander is dangerous!”

With the fans yelling and cheering loudly for both men to get up, it isn’t until Jack’s count reaches five that either of them moves. Slowly, the duo of fighters pull themselves back to vertical bases and Tickles can only reach nine before they’re standing. Once standing, it’s clear neither of them are feeling too amazing right now, but Rob goes for the first strike. He lands a hard punch to Jerod’s cheekbone, garnering a response of boos from the audience. Jerod stumbles backwards a tiny bit from the shot, but then sends one flying right back at Rob, getting cheers. The two exchange these slow, but heavy punches, trying to drain the other of their last bit of energy. Eventually, it’s Rob getting the upper hand, as he changes from a punch to a Spinning Back Kick aimed at Jerod’s gut. He then turns and runs to the ropes, but Barnez doesn’t let him rebound. As Chapman hits the ropes, Jerod was right behind him and drills him with a knee strike to his stomach. Jerod then turns and darts to the opposing set of ropes, but Rob similarly follows behind and as Barnez hits the ropes, he turns to take a leaping knee strike to his jaw! Chapman pulls Jerod away from the ropes and wraps his arm under his chin, looking for a Uranage Toss that he calls the Acid Rain. Barnez fights back and, with a few well-placed elbow shots to the side of Rob’s head, Chapman’s grasp is broken. Swiftly, Jerod applies a Front Facelock to the champion, but instead of driving him down with a DDT or going for a Suplex, the big guy brings his knee straight up into Rob’s face! He lets go of Chapman as he does this, allowing him to shoot back to a vertical stance instinctively, but then he follows up with a massive Lariat that, despite the damage and exhaustion Jerod’s dealt with thus far, could rival the power of his Discus Lariat from early in the match. While it did drop Rob, the Canadian icon doesn’t stay down for long. He gets on his knees and looks up at Jerod with a smirk on his face. ”I can do this all day,” he confidently ensures his challenger, letting Barnez know that, despite the fatigue, he’s not ready to go down.

Mark Sanction: ”It doesn’t matter how tough an opponent is, Rob has always had the heart of a lion. He may have become an asshole, but that hasn’t changed. Unfortunately for Rob, Jerod does too.”

With Rob ready for anything Jerod’s about to throw at him, Jerod decides to throw a kick into his face. What Jerod didn’t expect was Rob to catch the Big Boot-style kick. Chapman keeps a hold of Barnez’s boot, surprising the bigger man by having the power to simply catch a kick of his and he brings himself back to his feet while continuing to hold Barnez’s foot. Jerod pushes Rob back with his foot, causing him to stumble a good amount across the ring from the force. Barnez rushes at Rob and goes for yet another Gore! Rob lifts his knee into Jerod’s face again, but this time that doesn’t stop the behemoth from plowing straight through him and planting him into the canvas with the Gore! Barnez is unable to go for the cover as the knee strike did even more damage than it would, due to Jerod trying to power straight through it, but the audience cheers regardless.

Mark Sanction: ”Another Goddamn Gore!”

Matt Steel: ”Yeah, but Jerod can’t capitalize on this one. Rob got him with a knee.”

Mark Sanction: ”I’m surprised either of these two can move at all, at this point. Please, someone end this before we get another career cut short!”

Jerod drags himself to a corner of the ring and uses the ropes to help pull himself back up to his feet. Meanwhile, Rob’s arms are pressed against his stomach, but the champion is still getting back up. Jerod takes a deep breath while Chapman reaches his feet. He rushes forward and, this time without any resistance, Jerod drills Rob with a second Gore in a row!

Matt Steel: ”Jesus Christ!”

This time, Jerod could easily go for the cover, but he chooses not to. He wants to make a statement as definitive as possible. He gets up and walks to the furthest corner from where Rob is lying and he kneels down, setting up for one more Gore. ”Get up,” he demands, ”Get the fuck up!” Rob, using the ropes on the opposing side of the ring, pulls himself back to his feet, although it feels like the world’s gravity has increased and he’s fighting against it just to try to stand. With the fans going crazy and Rob just barely making it back to his feet, Barnez puts the final exclamation mark on this rollercoaster of a story.

Jerod rolls Rob onto his back and hooks his leg as Jack comes down to count the pin, with fans all throughout the arena counting along.

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

DING! DING! DING!

“Beast” plays and the arena fills up with cheers.

Mark Sanction: ”He did it! He freakin’ did it! Jerod Barnez is the new Supreme Champion!”

Matt Steel: ”Holy shit.”

Jack exits the ring to get the Supreme Championship for Jerod as the new champion rolls off of Rob, his expression having gone blank momentarily as if he doesn’t even realize what just happened.

Hana Ramierez: ”Here is your winner, and the NEW XWA Supreme Champion, Jerod Barnez!”

And there it is, the sentence that brings life back to Jerod’s face. The realization is setting in. He did it. Jerod won the Supreme Championship to become the first ever two time champion. He won the main event of the 2016 Legends. He did his dad proud. But, most importantly, he took what was most important to Rob Chapman away. For the first time in months, while lying on the ring canvas and looking up at the lights, feeling pain all throughout his body, Jerod smiles.

Mark Sanction: ”Tonight, Jerod defeated Rob and won back the championship that was stolen from him in August! For over three months, Jerod has been falling down a mental slope that it seemed he’d never get back up from. But tonight, here, at Legends, Jerod solidified his legacy in the XWA. It’s been a hell of a journey, but tonight Jerod stands tall.”

Matt Steel: ”I assume you mean metaphorically, because he sure as hell isn’t standing right now. He won, though. He really did it. I’ll be honest, even knowing his ability, I thought there was no way Rob would lose tonight. And, hey, it’s not like Rob didn’t put in an insane effort. He made Jerod earn this victory. It’ll probably be the hardest damn victory he’ll ever earn.”

Mark Sanction: ”Rob has nothing to be ashamed of tonight. He fought a hard fight and did it without any help from ELITE. In the end, Jerod just wanted this too much.”

Jack reenters the ring, holding the Supreme Championship in his hands, but Jerod’s in a whole different world right now. All of the cheering fans and every visual surrounding him have faded out for the new champion. All he can hear right now, all he can see, is nothing. No memories flashing in front of him of his father being attacked. No thoughts of the inhumanity that he’s been dreaming about for months. Nothing. He finally sees the sweet bliss of nothing. His nothing is interrupted, however, but it’s not an unwelcome interruption. ”You fuckin’ did it!” Jerod opens his eyes to see his father standing above him, with a smile from ear to ear. Seeing the pride in Thomas’ eyes, Jerod knows that he did what he needed to do tonight and he’s damn happy about it. Thomas extends an arm out to help Jerod up and his son accepts it. The two hug in the center of the ring before Thomas raises his son’s hand and the fans let out another big wave of cheers. Jack hands the title over to Jerod, who raises it in his other hand. Rob, by this point, had rolled out of the ring and Jack goes to check on him, leaving the father/son duo to celebrate.

Mark Sanction: ”It’s certainly a bittersweet feeling right now at the Garden. Earlier tonight, we learned that Thomas Barnez will never be able to wrestle again due to the attack at the hands of ELITE, but now he stands there, holding his son’s - the Supreme Champion - hand in the air following one of the hardest fought victories I think I’ve ever seen. Ladies and gentlemen, this was one for the ages, an amazing match to cap off an amazing night that finishes an amazing year in XWA! We’ll be seeing you all again soon for the 2016 Piledriver Awards, but I can’t wait until January, when we begin our next year with the new Supreme Champion at the top. See you guys then!”

The camera catches a good shot of Jerod and Thomas celebrating in the ring. Thomas, a man who has very rarely ever shown an emotion other than anger, has a tear in his eye as he experiences his son’s amazing victory with him. As for Jerod, his smile ensures everyone of two things. One, he’s finally managed to do what he needed to do to break out of that mental prison ELITE put him in and two, XWA 2017 is going to be a big year for Jerod Barnez.
Rob Chapman
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer
Characters Handled: Rob Chapman, Ethan Cross, Jace Albright

Postby Rob Chapman » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:42 pm

The ring bell sounds to begin the fray, and the resulting chaos is exactly what you'd expect; Barnez and Chapman flying out of their respective corners, meeting in the ring's center, and grabbing a hold of each other. It almost looks like a collar-and-elbow tie-up, But this isn't a test of strength; no, this is a grip to hold onto as the pair of them wind back their free arms and unload, delivering rapid, graceless shots straight into the other's face! Five seconds into this match and we have the equivalent to a hockey fight as Barnez and Chapman wail on each other without mercy or hesitation! This brawl continues at a rapid pace, with the exchange of shots lasting close to ten seconds anyone seems to gain the advantage. As Chapman's shots begin to slow down, Jerod takes over control of the attack, laying in a few shots to Rob's head in rapid succession, before grabbing a hold of it on either side, and yanking it down into a stiff knee strike. A front facelock from the challenger follows, followed by another knee, and then a third- arms wrap around the back of the knee, clutching it tightly! With Jerod's leg hooked, Rob bellows mightily as he stands up and uses all of his might to toss Jerod directly over his head with a back body drop! Barnez somersaults through the air before landing on his back, scrambling hastily to his feet. His back to the champion, and the ropes just beyond his reach. As he attains a vertical base, it's all but taken out from under him: CRACK! The sole of Chapman's boot smacks against the back of Jerod's head as the Supreme Champion delivers a surprise Superkick to the base of his adversary's skull! Jerod stumbles forward, seemingly out on his feet as he falls into the ropes, and then rebounds back towards Chapman with his back still turned. The "Warrior" is waiting for Barnez with open arms, which proceed to close around his midsection in a rear waistlock. A second feat of strength and athleticism wows the crowd as the Canadian throws himself backwards, dropping Jerod right on his neck with a perfectly executed German Suplex! Bridging up on his own neck, Rob holds it for the pin! Senior official Jack Tickles slides over to count the unexpected early pin: "One!" Kickout! Jerod powers out of the bridging pin and storms to his feet, seething. He rips across the ring towards his rising opponent when-

BAM! Jerod is floored by two-hundred and fifty-five pounds of angry Canadian slamming directly into his skull, courtesy of a spinning wheel kick! Jerod refuses to Cease, however, sitting up with his teeth clenched, as fights to ignore the concussive pain. Rob, however, is already up and off again, launching himself into the ropes; As he bounds back, he drops down into a baseball slide, passing right by Jerod and slamming a bicep directly into his throat to connect with a particularly vindictive Sliding Lariat! Jerod's head slams violently into the mat and bounces as he lays on his back, downed momentarily. This match is going to be an entirely different beast from their first encounter.

Again, Rob rises hurriedly back to his feet. Determined to use those ropes for as much momentum as he can, to hit Jerod as hard as he can in the early goings, he launches himself back into them and hits them like a cannonball. As the "Straight Edge Outlaw" rebounds, he launches himself into a no-handed somersault and crashes down across Jerod's throat again, this time with a Leg Drop! Jerod clutches at his throat, sputtering, as Rob swings his legs out to the side and pushes himself back up to a vertical base almost immediately. Damned and determined to make an example out of Jerod Barnez this time. They had their great match. This wasn't about that. Lifting Barnez by his head, Chapman wraps Jerod's heavy bicep around the back of his neck, and feeds the other in between Jerod's own legs, setting him up in a Pumphandle Clutch. With a roar and a mighty heave, the Supreme Champion looks to deliver a swift killing blow in the form of his finishing Sunday Crush! But Jerod Barnez has other ideas; At the peak of the lift, as Jerod's body is almost situated across Rob's shoulder in a Torture Rack, Barnez rips his arm free; what happens next is equal parts graceful and terrifying. Dropping down behind the Champion, Jerod lands on his feet, wraps both arms around his waist, and pays Rob back for a certain suplex...

With interest. Chapman's entire body collides violently with the canvas off of the Release German Suplex, folding like an accordion and staying that way. This time, it's a vehement Barnez rising to his feet in a hurry. Striding powerfully across the ring and looming over his opponent's body, which currently resembled a matress folded over onto itself. He sees the opportunity and he takes it; reaching down, the "Supreme" one hooks Rob's legs over his shoulders and begins to deadlift the current Surpeme Champion off of the mat in a powerbomb predicament! But just as Rob is lifted off othe canvas, "LionHeart" springs to life, maneuvering expertly and shifting one of his legs, wrapping it around Jerod's arm as he pulls the challenger into a surprise Armbar! A surprise for Jerod, to be sure... but an even bigger surprise for Rob as Jerod completely ignores the two-hundred and fifty-five pounds suspended from his shoulder and lifts Rob up anyway, holding him in position for a powerbomb and beginning to turn towards a corner of the ring. Desperate, the Champion releases his hold on Jerod's arm and begins firing furious fists into the dense skull of the Detroit native, but their only effect is to occupy the seconds between when Jerod starts sprinting across the ring, and when Jerod throws him spine-first into the turnbuckle!

As Rob stands, propped up by the ropes, an incensed Barnez backs up across the ring to the opposite corner, steadies himself, and then tears all the way back across the ring, seeking to flatten his opponent against the corner... and eating a whole lot of double knee for his efforts, as Chapman gets them up in time, knocking the challenger to the canvas! Clutching at his jaw with one hand, Barnez crawls a short distance away before quickly picking himself up with his back to his opponent. By the time he's on his feet, Chapman's shaken some of the cobwebs off and ascended to the middle rope. As Jerod turns around, he's greeted by the sight of his opponent leaping toward him; wrapping an arm around Jerod's head, Chapman swings around Jerod's body, looking to drop "The Descendant Of a God" with his signature Dark Impact (a diving Tornado DDT), but as he comes out of the swing, Rob finds himself being set down on his feet. He's not able to do anyrhing with them, however; he's not given the chance, as Jerod uses some of that immense strength and technical ability to power "LionHeart" right back up, taking the Supreme Champion over with a beautiful Northern Lights Suplex! Jack Tickles drops to count the pin as Jerod maneuvers quickly into a bridge, only to be stopped just as abruptly as he uses that bridge as a means to roll backwards, Back up to his feet where he powers the champion up into a vertical suplex and suspends him there, releasing a hand and dangling the Champion above the canvas with a single arm! Holding his free hand out to the side, Jerod gives one final sign, turning it into a thumbs down, before dropping straight down, driving the top of Rob's head into the canvas and crushing his neck beneath his full body weight courtesy of a nasty Brainbuster! Rob's body folds sickeningly into the canvas, as Jerod rolls onto him to attempt a cover. Jack Tickles drops again, confident that he'll at least get in a single count. "One!" Kickout! Well, he did get that, at least.

Jerod merely nods and rises back to his feet with a scowl on his face. He had no intention of ending the match here. Yet, he seemed annoyed with Chapman kicking out so quickly. Maybe he wanted to break the pin up himself. To feel completely in control of his hated enemy's fate. He'd just have to keep working on that. He takes a moment to look out into the crowd. Specifically, looking for Rob's wife and son, but he doesn't see them anywhere in the audience. Disappointing. Turning his focus back to his opponent, he lifts Chapman by the scraggly mess that is his hair, and sends the Canadian packing into the ropes with an Irish Whip. As Chapman rebounds, he's- SMACK- taken down by a stiff reverse elbow to the skull! As the Champion drops lack a sack of potatoes, Jerod takes off into the ropes himself. Planning to one-up his foe with a flipping leg drop of his own, he's met with disappointment as Rob rolls away from him and out to the floor below. Chapman is met with a steady stream of boos, but it's safe to say he's more concerned with self-preservation than any opinion the fans might have of his actions. Disgusted, Barnez shakes his head, and decides to wait for his opponent to stand. This doesn't bode well for Chapman. By the time Jack Tickles reaches the count of five, with a count-out impending, Rob's reached his feet with some assistance from the apron. He's about to need a lot more than the apron, as Jerod runs the ropes in the ring...

... and comes flying over them, crushing the Supreme Champion with an unbelievable Topé con Giro! Jerod rises back to his feet and cuts through the screaming Manhattan crowd with a bestial roar! "WHO'S FUCKING SUPREME NOW?" he screams, as he turns to loom menacingly over his opponent's shattered body!

In spite of his trademark arrogance, there's no smirk on Jerod's behalf as he looks over his battered opponent. No satisfaction. Only rage. Only hatred. He picks right back up where he's left off, as the official reaches a restarted count of three. With hands clawing at his adversary's skull, he forcefully drives Chapman's face into the ring apron, trying to leave a dent in the "War Machine". Rob's skull strikes the hardest part of the ring with an unsettling THUD, before Jerod raises him back up and does it a second time. The third time, however, he doesn't go for the apron. Dragging the Supreme Champion by his throbbing skull, he 'escorts' the Halifax native to the steel steps. Perhaps he shouldn't have lifted his opponent's head so high afterwards, or perhaps he should have gone to the well a third time by the ring apron; before he can slam Rob's face into the unforgiving steel, the challenger is able to get his leg up, planting a foot off of the middle step, which allows him to push back; Rob avoids a facial arrangement with the steel just long enough to deliver a backwards elbow butt right between Jerod's eyes, buying him precious seconds. As Barnez stumbles away, Rob begins to step up onto the stairs. Suddenly, the Supreme Champion is catapulting himself into a back flip, and just in time; as Jerod goes flying under him and SLAMS shoulder-first into the steel steps! Rob lands on his feet as Jerod screams in pain from the missed attempt at a Gore! Clutching at his own head, Rob attempts repeatedly to shake the cobwebs out before snapping back to reality at the referee's count of seven. Chapman rolls into the ring, dazedly, before surprisingly rolling back out to start the count over again.

The camera pans to Jerod on all fours, parallel to the steel steps. In this exact moment, we see just why Chapman rolled back out of the ring. With Jerod dead in his sights, Rob pulls the trigger. Ripping across the floor at muzzle velocity, Chapman throws his leg out and slams the heel of his boot into the side of Jerod's head, flattening it against the ring steps with a gut-wrenching Headshot! The crowd roars, awe-struck by the devastating kick. There is no chorus of "Headshot". Only screaming as Rob collapses forward, catching himself on the steps. Both men remain down for a moment, as the referee's count ascends to the halfway point again. Utterly rocked by the sheer amount of physicality in such a short span of time. Eventually, Rob forces himself to stand as Jack's count reaches eight. Grabbing Jerod by the head, he hauls the two-hundred seventy-nine pound sack of meat to something resembling a vertical base and shoves him rather unceremoniously into the ring, sliding back in himself just after the count of nine. Close call. And yet, despite delivering a decisively finishing blow, Rob doesn't attempt a pin. In fact, he doesn't even approach Jerod. Instead, Chapman wanders across the ring to the far corner, grips the ropes in his hands, and waits. Tugging anxiously on them ever so often, as, eventually, Barnez begins to rise. Rob taps on his shin guards, his call-out to Diamond Jack Sabbath. Psyching himself up after the pure silence he's offered to his opponent all night. "Crown me!" he screams, to a divided reaction from the crowd.

"Get up!"

As Jerod slowly rises to his feet, and begins stumbling towards his opponent, laying in wait, there's a brief moment in time that seems to last just a little bit longer than it otherwise might. In Madison Square Garden, the most famous arena in the Western Hemisphere, on XWA's biggest night of the year, at LEGENDS... it's come down to this. The Supreme Champion, Rob Chapman, is seconds away from the Crown Kick to end all Crown Kicks. To knock Jerod Barnez flat on his back, and send him home with his dear father. Stumbling Barnez turns to face his fate. Rob swings his leg high, putting all his might into a decapitating Roundhouse Kick... that Jerod tiredly ducks, avoiding the final blow! Rob spins around and hurries to right himself, as Jerod himself begins to spin. As Rob turns back around, he, too, ducks down and barely avoids a Discus Lariat from the challenger! As Jerod turns back around, he's met with Rob's foot slamming against his chest in a lower-aimed Roundhouse Kick! Followed by a second, and a third! He screams a word for every new kick as he begins driving Jerod across the ring, into the corner! "Get! Down! You! Mother! Fucker!" The last kick knocks the challenger flat against the turnbuckle, and Rob's foot comes up one more time, this time, to press sole-first into Jerod's throat, choking him! Jack Tickles immediately admonishes Chapman, but the Supreme Champion blatantly ignores the official. Instead, releasing Jerod's throat from the blatant foot choke only as he reaches a count for four. He's not done there, as he immediately throws out a knife edged chop that cracks viscerally off of Barnez's trachea! Chapman still isn't done; grabbing a hold of Jerod's messy hair in one hand, he begins wailing on Jerod with the other, delivering blatantly illegal closed-fist shots to the skull of his adversary in a assault of unbridled fury!

It takes Jack physically trying to pry the two competitors apart to get Rob to stop, but by then, the damage has been done. A cut has opened up over Jerod's right eye, which appears to also be swelling up. Numerous small scrapes mar the rest of his face, painful to look at. As soon as Jack gets Rob off of the attack, he's right back at it, charging the corner and slamming his arm across his opponent's chest with a clothesline, holding his arm there to keep the Detroit native from collapsing. As he takes a step back, Barnez stumbles toward him; Chapman is there to catch him in a hurry, and immediately hoists the challenger up, seating him on the top rope. Determined to put a violent end to this, Rob begins to climb up. To the middle rope, and then, precariously, the top rope. He surveys the crowd for a moment, standing in front of the seated Jerod, and for the first time this evening, lets a smirk tug at the corner of his mouth. As Rob glances down at the supposed "Supreme" one, a keen cameraman zooms in really close to catch the following words of Chapman's mouth: "Nothing personal." he goads, before leaping, wrapping his legs around the neck of Barnez, and... stopping dead, suspended, upside down in mid-air, as he's caught by Jerod... and slowly, powered back up onto the big man's shoulders. With arms flailing, all Chapman can do is hold on for the ride as Jerod unearths a mighty scream from his aching throat:
"THIS FUCKING IS!"

Jerod stands up tall, and then comes flying off of the top rope, slamming his opponent down into the canvas with a THUNDEROUS Avalanche Sitout Powerbomb! Jack is in prime position to count the pin when the two of them land, as Jerod miraculously holds on, but what follows goes beyond a miracle and veers straight into herculean territory... as Jerod gets his feet underneath of him, and begins to stand. Once he's gotten both of his feet beneath him, he begins to deadlift the carcass of his opponent back up onto his shoulders for another Powerbomb. With a broken roar that somehow manages to sound scarier than if his throat were intact, Jerod heaves the "Warrior" up, and viciously slams him back down, crushing the Supreme Champion beneath his weight and pinning him to the canvas. Jack is ready and waiting to count the pin, and does so hastily, caught up in the excitement! "One! Two! Thr-" Suddenly, the pin ends of its own accord, as Jerod collapses to one side, unable to keep Chapman pinned to the canvas following his feat of immense strength. It was just too much strain on his shoulders. Jerod roars, punching the canvas as he rolls onto all fours, screaming furiously.
"GOD DAMN FUCKING FUCK!"

Lowering his head, Jerod rests on all fours for a long moment before he begins to stir. He shakily begins to stand, wiping some of the blood from his eyes as he does so. Chapman is still nowhere within the realm of standing; rolling over onto his stomach is the extent of what he's accomplished. A close up of Jerod reveals more than just blood on his face. He quickly wipes his visibly red eyes again and shakes his head as he staggers from the center of the ring to the corner. His normally endless rage seemingly halted with the realization that his hubris and need to show off have momentarily cost him revenge on his father's behalf. As he crouches down, gritting his teeth, that rage returns tenfold. He grasps one of the ring ropes, shaking, as he beckons for Chapman to stand with his other hand. "GET UP! GET THE FUCK UP!" As if on cue, Rob begins to do exactly that.

Trembling as he struggles to make his body stand. His spine feels like it's shattered and been compressed back into one piece. His neck is on fire. His consciousness is fleeting, and he's pretty sure the taste in his mouth is fresh blood. As Rob slowly stands in the center of the ring, he takes in his surroundings. The roar of the crowd. The vivid images on the XWA-Tron. It's not until he reaches a discombobulated vertical base that he sees the two-hundred and seventy-nine pound missile flying straight at him. With the instinct of an acrobat, the wounded Champion leaps as high as he can, leap frogging the challengers shoulders and avoiding a very deadly Gore! As Chapman's feet touch back down onto the ground, he goes into survival mode. Taking off into the opposite corner of the ring, before turning around and running back the way he came. At the same time, Jerod's forward momentum continues towards the opposing corner of the ring, but instead of merely stopping, or colliding with the post... Jerod steps up with one foot, onto the middle turnbuckle, turning himself around and then pushing off. Storming across the ring, back the way he came, and INTO the oncoming Chapman, going down low and tearing through the Supreme Champion with a GORE! GORE! GORE! The Barnez family tradition connects slightly lower than usual on his opponent's body; this, combined with Rob's forward momentum, has the result is Rob's body being flipped frighteningly over Jerod's shoulder in an unwilling somersault, before he crashes into the canvas back-first! Jerod whirls around as he comes to a halt, and lunges at Rob, driving his hands down into his chest as if he were trying to break the man's ribs with a Lateral Press. And he may very well be. Jack Tickles slides over to count the pin! "One! Two! Thr-" NO! Last minute kickout by the man they call "LionHeart"! Chapman gets the shoulder up as Jerod falls to one side again, this time in utter disbelief. The roaring crowd pierces the seemingly impenitrible atmosphere generated by these two competitors with a chant that sums it all up, while still managing to fall on deaf ears inside the ring: "THIS IS AWESOME!"

It may be awesome to the fans around the world, but to the two men in the ring... this is the absolute opposite of awesome. This is brutal, career-shortening, hate-fueled violence. Neither of them would choose to have it any other way, but both of them are well aware that even the best case scenario for this match is going to have severe rammifications, one way or another. Jerod is, unsurprisingly, the first to start getting any kind of a second wind. As it was following the powerbomb, Rob looks, and probably feels like he's been run over by a mack truck. Absorbing two generations worth of furious vengeance from his opponent. For as important as the Surpreme Championship is to Rob... Jerod still manages to be the one with more to lose. Perhaps it's that thought that gives Chapman the wherewithal to begin standing. Whatever made that decision for him would regret it. Kneeling, Jerod glances over to see Rob recovering to all fours, and immediately lunges at him, bringing both of his hands down across his opponent's back in a spiteful, clubbing blow across the back of his shoulders. The Double Axe Handle knocks the blood spattered wind out of Chapman's lungs and drops him on his stomach again. And from here, Jerod finds his motivation to stand. Rising up, Jerod grabs his opponent by the head, and once again, forces the Halifax native to stand when he shouldn't be able to. With a hold on his opponent's motley hair- the referee stays back from this one- Jerod haggardly walks him across the ring, and turns Rob around to lean him against the corner turnbuckle. Rearing back, he delivers a tired blow across Chapman's cheek for good measure- vaguely satisfied by the lack of resistance- and begins to hoist Rob up onto the top rope. The volume of the crowd rises and peaks; they know exactly what kind of damage Barnez can do from this position. Delivering another shot across the face of his semi-conscious antagonist, Jerod begins to climb up onto the second rope to meet Chapman in the high-rent district. Hooking Rob's arm around his neck, Jerod prepares to bring the night to a violent close with his signature Detroitplex combination... but before he can lift Rob up for the first part, a fist crashes into his gut, followed by another, and another, and another! Desperation offence by the Surpreme Champion! As Jerod wobbles, Rob is able to reach down, and hook one of the challenger's legs. Barnez throws a desperation shot of his own, but "The Descendant Of A God" only has his descent hastened, as Rob lets loose with a primal scream, and heaves Jerod up:

Chapman and Barnez come flying out of the corner as Chapman executes a tremendous middle rope Fisherman's Suplex! Both men crumble to the canvas, collapsed and immobile!

Jack seems hesitant to initiate a double knockout count during the main event of LEGENDS, and who can blame him? The fans in Manhattan would probably riot if he even dreamed of it! No, instead, the senior official makes it his job to check on both competitors. It takes a long time for him to get a response out of either man, but eventually, he does. Somehow, some way, he gets the all clear from both men. Undoubtedly stubbornness on Rob's part. In Jerod's case, it's out of sheer commitment to wanting to tear Chapman limb from limb. But this time, of the two, Rob is the first, and only one to reach a vertical base. As he makes it to his feet, the Supreme Champion spies Barnez on all fours, and knows he's only got one shot left in the chamber. He cocks the hammer- running the ropes to get as much speed as his exhausted, battered body will allow him to pick up- and pulls the trigger as he bears down on Jerod for the second time...

...slamming the sole of his boot across the side of his adversary's head and utterly crushing Jerod with a second Headshot! Barnez collapses yet again, and lies twitching as a result of the kick to the head. Jerod may not be able to stand again. And yet... Rob doesn't go for the pin. Surveying the damage, he stands, shaking from head to toe, breathing heavily. After a moment, Rob turns his gaze on the turnbuckle... and makes his way, slowly, out onto the apron.

As he climbs to the to rope, Rob breathes heavily in and out. Normally, he had zero hesitation coming off of the ropes in any capacity. He'd done it hundreds of times over his decade-plus career. Diving moves, springboarding attacks, dives through and over the ropes... but this was different. This was the exclamation point at the end of the Headshot. The move that would finish Jerod Barnez. A move he hadn't dared attempt from the top rope since 2008 when it fractured a vertabrae in his spine, in the only winning effort against Ace Acid during his entire career.

The move that was going to put Jerod Barnez away, and end this hell on his body. Taking one more deep breath, Rob straightens up, and takes a leap of faith.

Coming off of the top rope, Rob catapults himself forward with a backflip that isn't as graceful as it once was, but is every bit as damaging as it ever was, flattening Jerod with a Shooting Star Press off the top rope! There's a pop from the crowd- the few who understand the significance roaring in appreciation- followed by a steady stream of boos as Rob lays atop Jerod for the pin. "One! Two! Thr-" Kickout by Jerod! Barely, but a kickout! Cheers fill the arena again as Rob rolls off of Jerod, staring up at the lights in pure and utter shock. What more is there to do? Another Headshot? The Sunday Crush and the Crown Kick both failed. The Shooting Star Press wasn't enough. A Shot In The Dark- once upon a time, his finisher in XWA- had no effect early on in the match. Their last match taught him that trying to Gore Jerod would proably end in a cracked shoulder blade if he did it again. And a nagging feeling told him that Heathen Chemistry wouldn't be enough, either. Rob begins to clutch at his head, panicking internally. What could he DO?

And then, it hit him. Rob begins to stand, only to falter and barely catch himself with the ropes. There was one more move. One last ace in the hole. If Jerod kicked out of this... for the first time in his career, Rob Chapman would have literally nothing. Nothing more to pull out of his bag of tricks. Reaching down, he grabs the battered body of Jerod Barnez, and pulls him up to his knees. Dragging him to the center of the ring. With a strained tug, he pulls the Detroit native up onto his feet. Feeding one of Jerod's arms between his own legs, he wraps his arm around Jerod's neck in a side headlock and doubles him over. What looks like it could be some kind of Russian Leg Sweep at a first glance is in fact something much more sinister. Something that Rob has only pulled out of arsenal three other times in his career. Something that has never failed him. From this unique position, Rob leaps performing a standing backflip...

... and flips over Jerod, pulling him backwards and spiking the young Barnez on the top of his head with his be-all end-all, the Heathen Chemistry II! Jerod's body is flipped involuntarily up onto his knees; a pan of the camera reveals glazed over eyes before Jerod topples over and collapses. Done.

Finished.

With nothing else left in his arsenal, Rob crawls over to the bloody wreck of Jerod Barnez and lays down across his chest. Jack Tickles drops to count the pin.
"One! Two! Three!"

HELLYEAH's version of "I Don't Care Anymore" hits the personal announcement system as the ELITE remnant rolls out of the ring and collapses to the floor before the referee can ever raise his hand. Just as well, as the official rushes to check on Jerod instead. The reaction for Rob himself is somewhat mixed; jeers are certainly entwined with the massive ovation the two superstars recieve for their effort, but at large, it's just that. An ovation at LEGENDS.

Hana Ramierez: "Ladies and gentlemen, the winner of the match by pin fall... and STILL XWA SUPREME CHAMPION... ROB CHAPMAN!"

The camera cuts away from the ring for a moment, revealing Thomas Barnez sitting backstage, watching the match on a monitor. While visibly upset, the big man is... surprisingly, applauding? And grimacing. Perhaps intended to be a smile.

"You did great, Jerod. You did great."

Thomas' applause stops suddenly, and the still-injured man clearly lurches in his seat. The scene on the monitor reveals why. As the camera cuts back to the arena, LX-Tim can be seen rushing down to ringside from the backstage area. The only other survivor of ELITE. His eyes are glued to Jerod's prone form as he makes his way down to the ring. But as he reaches the end of the ramp, his eyes fall to his comrade. Reeling in pain on the floor, and apparently still unable to stand. With one last glare in Jerod's direction, Tim helps his long-time friend and rival up to his feet, after snatching Rob's Supreme Championship from the official. Bracing Chapman off of his shoulder, he begins to walk Rob up the ramp towards the back, with the Supreme Championship slung loosely over Chapman's shoulder. He'd settle this another day.

The scene returns to the back room where we see Thomas Barnez, looking equally relieved and troubled. The copyright logo appears in the corner of the screen as Thomas stares at the monitor, watching with a wrenching in his stomach as officials rush down to the ring to help Jerod into the back.

Good night, XWA.
ImageImage

Rob Chapman
Win/Loss Record (2005 - 2020) | 74 - 48 - 2

Jace Albright
Win/Loss Record (2018 - 2020) | 6 - 3 - 0
Michael Swift
Staff

Postby Michael Swift » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:38 am

Both matches are posted- time to vote on this one!

Vote below and make sure to give your critiques as to why you have made your decision.

VOTING DEADLINE: 10th December 2016
DJS
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Re: [VOTE] XWA Legends 2016 MAIN EVENT: Rob Chapman vs. Jerod Barnez- SUPREME XWA TITLE!

Postby DJS » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:45 pm

Good lord. I'm done reading these. THIS was a main event. I really hope that people vote on this. I know it's the first one I've come to tonight!

Snoopz:
First off, you have such a way with description. When someone does a move, they don't just do it- it's not as simple as that, where as in Jerod Barnez matches I feel like I'm walked through exactly how we get from one place to another. You don't just go from A straight to Z, we see the B, C, D etc. in between and I love that. It's also a common thing with all of your characters, you do something that I absolutely love to see in match-writing and that is you go inside the head of your opponent. If I had no idea whatsoever of the build-up from the past six months to this match, you sold the entire thing to me through that. Jerod Barnez' complete and utter intensity was conveyed so brilliantly and Rob's character was done so much justice as the "he's talented but he's an asshole" character you portrayed him as. The sheer determination of Barnez to walk away having beaten Rob was really well presented, the spots were well-written, the emotion was definitely there and the actual pacing was very much exactly what it needed to be. This FELT like the closing match of a big show.

The one thing that took me out of it was something that I've been guilty of in the past and that was the talking. The little comments the two would make at each other in the match. Unless it's one small thing that's being shouted by a character and everyone in the first few rows could probably hear, and the commentary team could comment on it, then I don't often like that, because then it turns from a wrestling match into a sort of action fight scene from a movie, where characters will make those little "I could do this all day" kind of quotes and one liners. If you're in a big setting like Madison Square Garden, they may not resonate as much. If it's the ref, fine, but when it's the competitors, I dunno. When a character can do something or give a look and we know exactly what they're thinking just from that, it's almost always more powerful. That was my biggest gripe in an otherwise incredible match. Be proud of yourself for this, it's why you're a main eventer here.

Rob:
I know you'd said you would go back and put in some entrances and commentary but I can see you didn't get time, and that's fair enough. This was a very, very brutal match, and shares a lot in common with Snoopz' match. I got the vibe from this that Rob finally felt that he'd met his match and he knew it, so he was pulling out ALL the stops to get keep Barnez down. There was the distinct feeling that he may not even be able to win, and that's an awesome thing. Once again- great spots, great action, some brilliant call-backs to previous matches and great, bittersweet ending with Thomas Barnez watching the remenants of his son being scooped up by officials.

Here's something I kept noticing- tenses. I dunno whether it was the speed at which you were writing that made you do this or anything along those lines, but things would go from "Rob does this" to "and then Rob did something", sometimes within the same paragraph. It'd flit from past tense to present tense in a matter of sentences. I got the story so it's not a big deal, but I just kept noticing it. I do have to say the absence of entrances and commentary did have an effect for me. As I mentioned earlier, I know you were pushed for time, but where Snoopz' match gave me enough time to prepare myself, to hype me for the match, to emphasise the importance of what's about to happen, this just immediately started. Sometimes that's great, but for a match like this, I feel like it needed that build-up. For me, commentary isn't simply a way to split up walls of text, it's a way into the match via a different means. While your writing tells us what has happened and why, the commentary conveys the consequences- what do people think of what's happening right now? I really felt, especially during that ending, that the scene was crying out for Mark Sanction going bananas. Instead of talking about the Heathen Chemistry in your direction, it would've benefited from Mark Sanction screaming about how he never does this, we've never seen this in the XWA, 'how desperate must this man be' etc. and also to emphasise the fact that the fans in the arena went into the match hating Rob and loving Barnez and by the end they've come around to the effort both men have put in. The commentary is there to say, physically, what the fans are thinking, and it just could've done with that. There was also a bit of the "comments" thing that I mentioned in Snoopz' match.

Okay, voting. On this one, I'm going to vote Snoopz. I felt his match was more...complete, I suppose. Rob's felt like an excellent match that I'd be watching and I'd be into if it was on, but Snoopz' match felt much more like something that had been built to for a long time and had reached the eye of it's hurricane as it were. I really do hope more people read these and vote on them. They both deserve to be read by everyone.
styg
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer
Characters Handled: Yo mama
Also your da

Re: [VOTE] XWA Legends 2016 MAIN EVENT: Rob Chapman vs. Jerod Barnez- SUPREME XWA TITLE!

Postby styg » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:26 pm

Jerod Barnez: "After four consecutive kicks, Jerod manages to catch the third one."
WHAT. YOU LOSE BECAUSE OF THIS.

I kid, of course. The theme of history and fatalism was set up early, and well. The personal enmity between both men was sold strongly but so was the pride, that each absolutely refuses to even acknowledge the other as being on his level, much less lose to him. Great structure to the match with the build flowing well, and I'm glad that after all of Jerod's big kickouts, Rob gets some of his own as well - often we see matches where the face survives a bunch of big moves yet takes the heel out in one go once they turn it around, and I generally find that unsatisfying. On that note, Jerod kept the edge that marks him out as the face in this feud by circumstance, not temperament. He's not a good guy but he's still the hero here. That was done effectively.
One thing I liked a lot and want to specifically single out is the use of speculation regarding the characters' internal states. I'm not a big fan of being told every thought in the wrestler's head. I much prefer being left to discern it from their expressions and body language. This is a weird thing to have as a complaint, but the finish could have been more epic in set-up. after such an intense match it felt a bit sudden. The finish we got was still fine though, and the post-match with Thomas was a lovely way to close the show. A few small issues with typos or sentences that didn't flow were nowhere near enough to diminish an excellent match, possibly the best I've ever read from you.

Rob Chapman: I understand the lack of entrances or commentary, but it does undeniably hurt a bit. But the start to the action, oh my. THIS is personal enmity! The pace of the match is a change from what we might expect between these two characters, but it's a change that works and befits the story going into this match as well as its position as the main event of Legends. That said, the pace of "all epic, all the time" without much in the way of peaks and troughs got a bit exhausting for me as it went on. It also felt a bit... incomplete? Condensed? It's hard to articulate, but super finishers notwithstanding, this felt more like a set-up for the main event of Legends than the main event of Legends. Fortunately, your fluid, engaging writing style is as present as ever. I'm definitely going to miss your work in your upcoming break.

This was a tough one. Rob's take was more viscerally exciting, Snoopz' more foreboding and fatalistic. Both very different but both worked. They're two of the very best matches this show, and in Rob's case that's even without any dressing. Ultimately, I have to pick one... and it's Jerod Barnez. Rob's was fantastic, no doubt, but I have to echo DJS and say that Snoopz' was more rounded, and not just because of the entrances/commentary thing. It felt more like the culmination of the story, whereas Rob's felt like a continuation of it. Which isn't to say I wouldn't like to see it revisited, but essentially, Snoopz' just felt more like the main event of Legends.
19W|5D|6L
Hardcore Champion x3 | Gladiatorial Champion | World Heavyweight Champion | first Supreme Champion
Breaker of The Streak
@sugarhardy
DJS
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby DJS » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:01 pm

Winner...and NEW Supreme XWA Champion: Jerod Barnez.