General Video Game Thread

Comics, Movies, TV, DVDs and video games... this is the place to talk about 'em.
DeAndre Taylor

Re: General Video Game Thread

Postby DeAndre Taylor » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:22 am

Yeah, Legendary also forces Patch 1.9 on you, which eliminated the Oghma Infinium cheat :sangry: and allows you to make a skill that is at 100 Legendary, which resets it to 15 and changes all the perks into perk points. So now there's no level cap...
Dan
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby Dan » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:25 am

Got FFXIV for Christmas, just opened it last Thursday and am level 24 Lancer, 12 Blacksmith. I love the game and I'm not much of an MMO guy myself so that's saying something. If anyone plays FFXIV, I'll post my character's name. If not, well then you should if you're a RPG person. It's hard to recommend the game to a whole lot of people though because it's $40 down, 1 month free subscription then I think it's like $14.99 a month. Pretty steep price IMO.
Frenchie

Postby Frenchie » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:00 am

^ I heard it was free to download one time for the PS4
Dan
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby Dan » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:30 am

Frenchie wrote:^ I heard it was free to download one time for the PS4

Only if you had the ps3 version first.
Dan
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby Dan » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:46 am

So I've been letting my PS4 gather dust as I still take advantage of my PS3. Turns out, WWE 2k14 is actually pretty good. I kind of tuned out of WWE games since SDvsRAW 2008 was a pretty big disappointment to me, but I went back and bought all the games up to date (For less than 60 bucks collectively, which is not bad at all) and have been playing 2k14. I think 2k has done a better job than THQ in their first year with the franchise and to be honest, 2K15 is the first WWE game in years I've actually anticipated playing. I've asked for it for Christmas and honestly, I'm also purchasing it for my brother for Christmas so we can play with/against each other.

Also, the new Diablo expansion is really good but honestly, not worth the steep price tag on it. If you want to get re-interested in Diablo 3, it's totally worth it just to have a reason to replay the game, but for me, I played it for the 5th chapter, the new class is way too OP for it's own good, and the adventure mode is pretty much meh. I mean, I think I got my money's worth out of it and will continue to do so as long as I can play it with my brothers, but that remains to be seen. (also, where you at, Angelus?)

Beyond those two, I've been checking out the free games every month on PSN. This month, Rainbow Moon. It's fairly challenging thus far, but then again I'm only level 5 with the main character, 4 with the second character you get. I have yet to really get into it, mainly due to the difficulty spikes making it really grind-heavy, and the little storyline to it seems a tad shallow, but it's one of those games that's easy to learn, hard to master.
Angelus
XWA Hall of Famer AND Site Ninja

Postby Angelus » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:58 pm

I have been playing Destiny...
"Angelus does not need a tray to destroy you."
N4L
DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Social Media/GFX Handler
Characters Handled: Diamond Jack Sabbath
Emery Layton
Adam Fenric
Serena Maxwell

Postby DJS » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:21 pm

How is Destiny? Because I've heard it doesn't quite live up to the "SUPER EPIC AMAZING BRLLIANT THINGY BEST GAME EVARZZ" hype it got at E3 and everywhere else.
New to XWA? Need management? Look no further...
Angelus

Postby Angelus » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:36 am

I like it.

It's not as amazing as I would hope, it's a bit of a grind fest.

I can dominate at PVP though which is new to me so I am stickling with it.
"Angelus does not need a tray to destroy you."
N4L
PrinceAlexIII

Postby PrinceAlexIII » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:42 pm

FREAKIN' FAQQQ! I just bought a GTA V disc and it broke. I have to buy it 3rd time now, FUCK.
XWA ALL TIME ACHIEVEMENTS.

1X Hardcore Champion (FORMER)
RENTZ

Postby RENTZ » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:22 pm

A little bum here....anyone playing WWE 2k15? I got into this one a lot just because of universe mode and that I have my best friend doing universe with me so it's always changing. I was let down with the game in spots, like My Career. Great idea, just kind of a fail in its first try. I hate the fact that they left out a lot of creative things we have had in past games.
As of late I've been working some XWA caws lol the only I have that is good so far is Danger Liam.
W-L-D
Wrestling Record 11-6-1
XWA Wrestling Record 7-4-1
Updated as of 8/11/13

Return to “Entertainment Chat”