EWR/TEW: Your Games

Comics, Movies, TV, DVDs and video games... this is the place to talk about 'em.
Voltaire

EWR/TEW: Your Games

Postby Voltaire » Fri May 04, 2012 2:41 pm

I thought it'd be cool to have a thread for our EWR games, as I know a few of us play it. For those who don't, head over to EWBattleground to get the game and latest updates.

I've created a promotion under the NWA name. Rather than territories, it is a single NWA promotion. Starting off as national, hoping to go global.
DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Social Media/GFX Handler

Re: EWR/TEW: Your Games

Postby DJS » Fri May 04, 2012 3:27 pm

Great idea, man. I decided to do a massive, massive clear of roster that I don't use (Haz will tell you how massive my roster was last time I shared my EWR stuff with him) and I'm right now down to forty. I'm using a fed I've called 'Elite Wrestling' and currently I'm running a storyline with Daniel Bryan trying to destroy the fed. He's recruited CM Punk and Colt Cabana on his mission and they're up against the likes of Sheamus, Brock Lesnar and AJ Styles. Meanwhile in the tag division the Kings of Wrestling and Generation Next have split up, Claudio becoming Antonio Cesaro after turning heel on Chris Hero and Roderick Strong turning on Austin Aries and becoming a face. Nigel McGuinness and William Regal are tag champions with World's Greatest Tag Team coming after them. Layla and Katie Lea Burchill are battling it out for a Womens Championship opportunity against Trish Stratus and Dolph Ziggler is feuding with John Morrison over the X-Division title. I'm planning on having a Taka Michinoku/Sin Cara feud once Taka gets back from his injury. Currently our biggest feud is the funny, Y2J face Chris Jericho taking on the Hollywood "Movie Star" heel version of The Rock.

Over the past two years (game time) we bought out TNA, ROH, CZW and we've stolen all of WWE's top stars (except John Cena, who we stole from WWE only to fire him and make him unemployed).

Elite World Heavyweight Champion: Daniel Bryan
Elite International Champion: Austin Aries
Elite Womens Champion: Trish Stratus
Elite Tag Team Champions: Great Britain's Finest (William Regal & Nigel McGuinness)
Elite X-Division Champion: John Morrison
New to XWA? Need management? Look no further...
Johawn
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby Johawn » Fri May 04, 2012 6:28 pm

Voltaire wrote:I thought it'd be cool to have a thread for our EWR games, as I know a few of us play it. For those who don't, head over to EWBattleground to get the game and latest updates.

I've created a promotion under the NWA name. Rather than territories, it is a single NWA promotion. Starting off as national, hoping to go global.

I also have a game under the NWA banner. It's a single company now, but over time, when they get really big, I'm going to expand it to as many different TV shows as allowed and make them different territories, with the champions spending a few months in each. I pretend my house shows are my champions going to small NWA promotions and defending. I'm super cool.

My roster is:

AJ Styles (I justified stealing him by my reckoning that TNA really missed the boat on him)
Antonio Porter (MVP - I'm grooming him to be the next megastar)
Austin Aries
Bobby Lashley (I forget why)
Booker T
Brian Kendrick
Carlitós (Carlito)
Charlie Haas
Chavo Guerrero
Cheerleader Melissa
Christopher Atlas (Chris Masters)
Colt Cabana
Dave Prazak (manages...)
Davey Richards
Dragon Kid (has decent matches)
Eddie Edwards
Giant Bernard
Harry Smith
Homicide
Jay Lethal
Jim Cornette (another manager)
Jim Ross (Justified by his being kicked to the WWE curb one too many times)
Jimmy Jacobs (he's in one of my cooler stories)
Johnny Monroe (John Morrison...I can't think of a better name)
Karl Anderson
KENTA
Kevin Nash (Manages Paul London and Brian Kendrick)
Kevin Steen
Low Ki
Magnus Adonis (Magnus from TNA, teams with Christopher Atlas)
Matt Cross (see Dragon Kid)
Melina Perez (WWE's Melina, manages Johnny Monroe)
Michelle McCool
Mick Foley
MsChif
Paul London
Portia Perez
Raven
Ric Flair (can't relaunch the NWA without Naitch. He's onscreen president)
Rob Van Dam (star power)
Roddy Piper (I think I have him doing colour)
Samoa Joe (See AJ Styles)
Sara Del Ray
Shane McMahon (in TEW2010 you have to pick a wrestling personality as an avatar. I don't use him)
Shelton Benjamin
Takeshi Morishima
The Amazing Red
TJ Wilson

Champions:

NWA World Heavyweight: Johnny Monroe
NWA Showcase: Low Ki
NWA World Tag Team: Stampede
NWA Women's: Michelle McCool.

My current feuds are:
Michelle McCool's Monopoly: This one technically hasn't started yet. The only women currently on the active roster are McCool and Melina, who are part of Monroe's Entourage. So McCool has the NWA Women's title and no challengers, and just beats local jobbers every week on her way to becoming the greatest champion in history. At some point I'm going to introduce Portia Perez as the underdog who shockingly beats her, and then I'll introduce the other women and make a proper division of it.

Jay Lethal vs Davey Richards. Davey Richards works for both NWA Elite Wrestling and RoH, and is reigning RoH champion. He thinks he's king shit and is kind of a bully. Jay Lethal is just a nice guy everyman type and fights back.

AJ Styles vs Johnny Monroe. Monroe surprisingly won the NWA title tournament right from under AJ's nose and is desperately clinging to it, despite AJ seeming to have his number.

Kevin Steen vs Antonio Porter. Similar to Davey Richards, kind of. Kevin Steen is a bully, but where Davey Richards is arrogant and thinks he's the best, Steen is just a dick who attacks people. Antonio Porter is finding it difficult to find his niche in the company and finds that standing up for the attacked is giving him focus.

Samoa Joe vs Low Ki. Basically, Joe is debuting, and Low Ki is reigning NWA Showcase champion. Both are badass and want to finds out who's tougher.

Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team vs Hooliganz vs Stampede. Stampede (Harry Smith & TJ Wilson) are tag champs and are waiting on contenders. Top of the heap are Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team and the Hooliganz (London and Kendrick w/Kevin Nash) and they can't be separated.

The Book of Jacobs: Raven has returned and has found the good Lord. This is being treated with skepticism, but Raven is recruiting disciples and takes a shine to Jimmy Jacobs. As Jacobs impresses more and more he is offered recruitment. It's Mick Foley who sees the danger and will eventually stop Raven. But he does the job too well, and Jacobs ends up idolising Foley, to a dangerous degree.

I love TEW.

Match of the Year 2010, 2011.
Proud Member: UAAA
Voltaire

Postby Voltaire » Fri May 04, 2012 10:11 pm

I've literally just started with this NWA thing on EWR. I took a handful of guys from the big two who were on written contracts, and the rest are independent guys. I've took away the names made by WWE or TNA and gone with their old independent names. My roster is...

Male Wrestlers:
Aaron Stevens (Damien Sandow)
Alex Shelley
Austin Aries
Averno
Brian Kendrick
Brock Lesnar
Bryan Danielson
Charlie Haas
Chris Hero
Chris Jericho
Chuck Taylor
Cibernetico
CIMA
Claudio Castagnoli
CM Punk
Cody Rhodes
Colt Cabana
Davey Richards
Doug Williams
Dragon Kid
Drew Galloway (Drew McIntyre)
El Hijo del Fantasma
El Hijo del Santo
Jay Briscoe
Jimmy Jacobs
Jody Fleisch
Jon Moxley (Dean Ambrose)
Jonny Storm
Jushin Liger
Kenny Omega
KENTA
Kenta Kobashi
Kurt Angle
L.A. Par-K
Low Ki
Mark Briscoe
Mascara Dorada
Mephisto
Mistico
Monty Brown
Nic Nemeth
Nigel McGuiness
PAC
Pinkie Sanchez
Ricochet
Robert Roode
Samoa Joe
Shelton Benjamin
Tyler Black
Ultimo Dragon
Volador Jr.

Female Wrestlers:
Amy Dumas
April Lee (AJ)
Awesome Kong
Ayako Hamada
Beth Phoenix
Britani Knight (Paige)
Celeste Bonin (Kaitlyn)
Cheerleader Melissa
Daizee Haze
Katarina Waters (Winter)
Layla El
Lisa Marie Varon
Maria Kanellis
Mercedes Martinez
Michelle McCool
MsChif
Portia Perez
Sara Del Rey
Serena Deeb
Talia Madison

On-screen Staff:
Jim Cornette
Paul Heyman
Ric Flair
Shane McMahon
Sting

Champions:
NWA World Heavyweight - Brock Lesnar
NWA Showcase - Austin Aries
NWA Television - Colt Cabana
NWA Cruiserweight - Mistico
NWA World Tag Team - The Kings of Wrestling, Claudio Castagnoli and Chris Hero
NWA Women's - Sara Del Rey

Storylines:

Brock Lesnar vs. The World - Brock Lesnar, current NWA World Heavyweight Champion, will go on an utter rampage. Backed by the NWA Board of Directors (Heyman, Flair, Sting, Cornette and McMahon), he defeats challenger after challenger. The plan is to find someone completely unknown, have him build up for absolutely ages, and take down Brock at Starrcade to the celebration of the masses.

The True, Definitive 'Best in the World' - CM Punk, Chris Jericho and Bryan Danielson competing to name the true best in the world.

Events:
Putting these in because they're good. Essentially a mix of NWA, AWA and WCW events.

January: New Year's Revolution
February: Superbrawl
March: Uncensored
April: Spring Stampede
May: Slamboree
June: Great American Bash
July: Bash at the Beach
August: King of the Ring
September: Superclash
October: Halloween Havoc
November: Clash of the Champions
December: Starrcade
DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Social Media/GFX Handler

Postby DJS » Fri May 04, 2012 11:12 pm

I should probably post my roster, shouldn't I? Shamelessly stealing Haz's post and going over it with my own roster, we have...

The Elitists (Male Wrestlers):
AJ Styles
Antonio Cesaro
Austin Aries
Brian Kendrick
Brock Lesnar
Charlie Haas
Chris Hero
Chris Jericho
Christian
CM Punk
Cody Rhodes
Colt Cabana
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
Eddie Guerrero
Edge
John Morrison
Nigel McGuinness
Randy Orton
Roderick Strong
R-Truth
Sheamus
Shelton Benjamin
Sin Cara
Taka Michinoku
The Miz
The Rock
Wade Barrett
William Regal

Elite Vixens (Female Wrestlers):
AJ Lee
Katie Lea Burchill
Layla
Maryse
Mickie James
Sara Del Rey
Stacy Keibler
Trish Stratus
Velvet Sky

On-screen Staff:
Eric Bischoff
Stone Cold Steve Austin

Champions:
Elite World Heavyweight Champion: Daniel Bryan
Elite International Champion: Austin Aries
Elite Womens Champion: Trish Stratus
Elite Tag Team Champions: Great Britain's Finest (William Regal & Nigel McGuinness)
Elite X-Division Champion: John Morrison

Feuds:
Daniel Bryan vs. AJ Styles- two years ago (game-time) Bryan was the top face of Elite, and a frequent main eventer. Then suddenly a new guy came in called AJ Styles once Elite had acquired a company known as TNA and had raided their talent. AJ built himself up and eventually took Bryan's spot as the top face. Bryan was pushed down a bit and became an upper midcarder, stuck in seemingly endless feuds with the likes of Austin Aries and Chris Jericho and only being used to boost them. Suddenly he decided he had enough of this and attacked co-GM Stone Cold Steve Austin backstage, getting himself fired and turning heel. He would show up every week though, attacking AJ wherever he could. Backstage, in matches, in the ring, wherever. He was brought back by Eric Bischoff and given a contract signing for a match with Styles at the next PPV. On the same night, he went to see AJ's old rival CM Punk in his locker-room. At the PPV, Bryan took on Styles for his world title and with a little help from an interfering Punk he took back what he thought was his and became a four time Elite World Heavyweight Champion. He and Punk then recruited the recently turned Antonio Cesaro and Colt Cabana into their little group, calling themselves 'dISHONOR', a play on the name of the promotion they all left behind a long time ago. This has become a slightly over-arching storyline now.

CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar:
Punk can't beat Lesnar. Well, not without cheating. The proud, self proclaimed Best In the World has been at Lesnar's throat for weeks now, verbally attacking him in interviews and cheating to beat him week in and week out. It's only gonna be a matter of time till the Next Big Thing grows tired and takes things into his own hands.

The Rock vs. Chris Jericho:
Rock's been on color commentary for too long. He needs to get off the announcers desk now and get his name back out there, prove he still can go and what better way to do this than the man who was the longest reigning Elite World Champion Chris Jericho? Rock and Jericho have been going back and forth verbally and physically for weeks now.

Cody Rhodes vs. Sheamus:
Rhodes cheated Sheamus out of an International title shot, and why? Because Sheamus wouldn't accept his offer to become a tag team. A petty interference has now developed into a full-on war with Sheamus wanting Rhodes' head! Cody can't run forever....

Austin Aries vs. Roderick Strong:
Roderick Strong was injured. Injured bad. Before he was sidelined, Generation Next was a force to be reckoned with. Alex Shelley as X-Division champion, himself and Austin Aries as tag champions and Jack Evans being...well, Jack Evans. Now he's back, only he and Aries remain. Things have changed. Aries is on his way to becoming a sure-fire main eventer and he's been the International Champion for three months. Generation Next is dead. And while he lay there in that hospital bed, Roderick Strong thought of GenNext. Taking orders from Aries, doing Shelley's dirty work, carrying Evans out of the arena every time he messed up. And yet here's Aries living off him and over like rover. It isn't fair and it's not something Strong wants. What he does want, however, is Aries International title...with the fans' new found respect for Strong, this could really be the moment that makes him. Finally, his big break has come.

Layla vs. Maryse:
Layla has been the most over Vixen in Elite history and has had the most reigns since the Womens title was created. Literally the face of the Elite Womens Division. Now in comes Maryse, coming out of a recent release from WWE and she wants to be the NEW face. I think a battle's coming on...

Dolph Ziggler vs. John Morrison:
Honestly, this one is entirely for the matches. Ziggler needs a push. Morrison's on his way to main eventing and the X-Division Championship hangs in the balance. Oh, and every match is a gimmick match. Awesome, right?

Wade Barrett vs. Randy Orton:
A shameless vehicle designed to push both men back up the card since they've slumped down it. At least the matches'll be alright though, yeah?

Events:

January: That Rumble PPV
February: Elite vs. The Pirates
March: Immortals
April: Attack of the Ninjas
May: Night Of YES!
June: The Battle Just Outside Seattle
July: CM Punk: The Movie
August: Elite Wrestling: The Musical!
September: Night Of Anal Bleeding
October: Swerves! Swerves Everywhere!
November: Layla's Ass Appreciation Night
December: Tyler Reks Will Not Be Booked

As you can see I try not to take it too seriously...
Voltaire

Postby Voltaire » Sat May 05, 2012 8:28 pm

What's TEW2010 like? Worth the money or is 2005 enough?

Oh, and how the hell do you even manage it on your laptop anyway? It's always too big for my screen ¬¬
Johawn
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby Johawn » Sun May 06, 2012 12:00 am

Voltaire wrote:What's TEW2010 like? Worth the money or is 2005 enough?

Oh, and how the hell do you even manage it on your laptop anyway? It's always too big for my screen ¬¬

It's a little too big for my screen, too, but you don't lose anything at the bottom. Nothing I can't live without, anyway. As for it being worth the money....nyeaaahhkind of. It's not dissimilar from going from EWR to TEW05. There's a lot more depth and things to think about. TEW2010 is a lot harder. I find it more difficult to put on good shows because star power means more, and having one bad show affects morale and throws people off their game. I'm getting better, and I find it rewarding when I get good segments or matches. But I could get an A rated match easily in 05 and I've yet to do it in 10. Best match I've had was B+ for Johnny Monroe vs AJ Styles after a month's build. I think probably 05 is a lot more accessible and more hard and fast fun. 10 is harder but there's more of a sense that you're achieving something.

DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Social Media/GFX Handler

Postby DJS » Sun May 06, 2012 12:07 am

By the way, do you still have that XWA EWR database, Johawn? I'd like to give it a look if you can upload it somehow?
Johawn
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby Johawn » Sun May 06, 2012 5:15 pm

Diamond Jack Sabbath wrote:By the way, do you still have that XWA EWR database, Johawn? I'd like to give it a look if you can upload it somehow?

Honestly? I spent an hour on it and then pretty much abandoned it. I don't think it's possible to do it really comprehensively.

RENTZ

Postby RENTZ » Mon May 14, 2012 7:22 pm

How do I restart my whole game? Like In have moved guys around all over the place. Can I reset all the info or do I just need to download everything?
W-L-D
Wrestling Record 11-6-1
XWA Wrestling Record 7-4-1
Updated as of 8/11/13

Return to “Entertainment Chat”