General Video Game Thread

Life! Sports! Movies! Video Games! Things! Whatever you wanna talk about that isn't about wrestling or the XWA, this is the place to do it! Anything goes...just don't be a dick.
Michael Swift
Booking Team Member
Booking Team Member

Re: General Video Game Thread

Postby Michael Swift » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:31 am

Taking a break from writing my match to remind people that the steam summer sale has started. So far only picked up a bunch of small games and then Shadows of Mordor because it was four bucks for the GOTY edition, but gonna see if I can swing getting DS3 with all the DLC and RE7 with all the DLC before the sale is over.
XxChronoTrigxX
Supreme XWA Champion
Supreme XWA Champion

Postby XxChronoTrigxX » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:41 pm

Well with the surprise on PSN for me, I just picked up Final Fantasy 9 on my PS4. Then I saw that trophy for 1,000 jumps in a row and wept. At least I'll enjoy playing the game. Ha.

Leite

Postby Leite » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:05 pm

Anyone planning on hitting up Destiny 2 on PC when it drops later this month? I'd be game for grouping up and doing harder content from the start.
KelseyJohnson

Postby KelseyJohnson » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:17 pm

Already got it for PS4
Dan
Lord of the Ring Participant
Characters Handled: Dan Bennett

Postby Dan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:22 am

Just picked up Dragon's Dogma on PS4 last week, and am in the very beginning of Life Is Strange as well as, of course, still plowing through Final Fantasy 14: Stormblood. Already beat the base expansion, but they just dropped 4.1 and so there's a lot more to do.

And I am still waiting for Resident Evil 2 remastered as well as hopefully an updated release on PS4 of at least one of my favorite childhood RPGs, like Suikoden, FFVI, FFT, Vandal Hearts, Tactics Ogre, Star Ocean: Second Story. Not that I expect any of those to get a re-release, but hey, I can dream.
Dan

Postby Dan » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:03 am

Since that last post, I've stopped playing FFXIV for the most part. Went ahead and beat Fallout 4 again, making sure to fuck Cait since it bugged on me last time and wouldn't let me romance her. Also beat and platinum'd Life is Strange. I love that game.

Also went back to Diablo 3 again, but I'm already losing interest due to missing out on a few things that make my character pretty weak sauce now. Takes forever for my Paragon 151 Barbarian to kill anything on Torment 3+, with 8600ish STR and some pretty good gear.

Looking into playing other games, but I can't really find any good RPGs to sink my teeth into. I got bored of FFXV in the first 15 minutes of it and put it down. Honestly I'm thinking of signing up for PSNow and playing some older games on my PS4, but I can't really afford it right now cos, you know, Christmas. But I think I saw New Vegas on PSNow and that might be worth the price of admission alone IMO.

Also picked up Tecmo Bowl on my 3DS and Pokemon Gold. Paid a grand total of like 15 bucks. But the Tecmo Bowl wasn't the one I was expecting, so I consider that 5 bucks wasted. Still, Pokemon Gold is a worthwhile investment, both in time and only 10 bucks.
JakeRogers
XWA World Television Champion
XWA World Television Champion

Postby JakeRogers » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:20 pm

Does Pokemon Gold on the old Game Boy Color/Advance even still work? All of my copies had an empty battery, making it unplayable. I had to open up my old Silver and Crystal cartridges and tape in a new battery so the in-game clock would work again.

Also, currently 'playing' Doki Doki Literature Club, which has gotten four People's Choice Awards. Supposed to be spectacularly good.
Dan

Postby Dan » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:30 am

JakeRogers wrote:Does Pokemon Gold on the old Game Boy Color/Advance even still work? All of my copies had an empty battery, making it unplayable. I had to open up my old Silver and Crystal cartridges and tape in a new battery so the in-game clock would work again.

Also, currently 'playing' Doki Doki Literature Club, which has gotten four People's Choice Awards. Supposed to be spectacularly good.

I mean, my carts still have good batteries, but I downloaded it from the online store on my 3DS so all is well.
styg
Characters Handled: Yo mama
Also your da

Postby styg » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:57 am

I've been so good in the last few Steam sales, trying and mostly succeeding in only buying things I know I'm going to play. I went a bit mad in the winter sale though. Between the end of November and the start of January, I became the proud owner of...

- Anachronox
- Bad Mojo Redux
- City of Chains
- Crayon Physics Deluxe
- CrossCode
- Fire Pro Wrestling World
- Freedom Planet
- Jet Set Radio
- Lucidity
- Knights of Pen and Paper +1
- Musaic Box
- Oxygen Not Included [this one was a Christmas present; I got my friend Dishonored 2 in exchange]
- Retro City Rampage DX
- Quake Collection [Quake 1/2/3 and all expansions]
- Sanitarium
- Secrets of Grindea
- Shark Dating Simulator XL
- Sonic Mania
- Spark the Electric Jester
- Spelunky
- Starship Titanic
- Steamworld Dig
- The Floor is Jelly
- Timelapse
- Urban Chaos

I think I'm doing okay. There are only about five or six I haven't touched at all yet. With my main PC dead, I've had to stop playing some of them, but my laptop's good for the old stuff.

Also, I started doing a 365 this year, writing a short piece on a different each game every day. It's on Facebook, for those who have me on there. :)
19W|5D|6L
Hardcore Champion x3 | Gladiatorial Champion | World Heavyweight Champion | first Supreme Champion
Breaker of The Streak
@sugarhardy
DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Characters Handled: Emery Layton
Adam Fenric

Postby DJS » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:42 pm

I've been enjoying those 365s, by the way.

I'm not as heavy a gamer as I used to be and I don't really think of myself as one, but it's been cool to read about your experiences and stuff.
New to XWA? Need management? Look no further...

Return to “No Holds Barred!”