Open Challenge

Matches that occurred on our 2016 event XWA Lord of the Ring Part I: The Journey Begins!!
Cawabunga

Open Challenge

Postby Cawabunga » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:46 am

Fresh off the heels of a seemingly ceaseless string of commercials, the camera doesn't pan to the commentators booth as usual. Instead, it pans the fans, who just who happen to hear the kick ass tunes of Joan Jett's "I Love Rock and Roll". The crowd cheers even more as the 6 foot beauty Gloriana, whom many know from other promotions (most notably EWC), trots into view clad in her ring attire (see above) and a cool black jacket that's a throwback to the 80s. She smiles and flexes her impressive muscles before taking lead down the ramp toward the ring, tagging hands and high fiving people. The commentators don't say much as they don't really know what to say, this isn't scheduled on their script. Once at ringside she lets a young boy squeeze her bicep and kiss it before stomping up the steps and entering the ring. She takes a spin and relieves herself of the jacket, tossing it over the ropes before having a microphone deposited into her hand. She poses a little, flexes, and finally puts the mic to her luscious red kissers.

Gloriana: "Thank you for the warm welcome. Some of you know me. Some of you don't. But that all changes tonight. Don't worry, I'm not going to give you a long winded speech about my past or how I am going to become the greatest thing since the egg white omelet. Nay, I'm here to compete, and I have no opponent. So consider this an open challenge. Hopefully someone of my own gender is back there, but this place seems to be anti-female with such a scant amount of women seen on TV. Alice Harris? Maybe?

She shrugs her shoulders and looks up the ramp.

TBCB anyone really. Preferably a female character/wrestler though
styg
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer
Characters Handled: Yo mama
Also your da

Re: Open Challenge

Postby styg » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:53 am

The fans murmur impatiently, waiting to see if anyone will take up Gloriana's challenge. The new XWA star paces a little.

...and the roof comes off as Ubiquitous Synergy Seeker's "Yin Yang" blasts onto the speakers! Laurel smiles and as she heads down to the ring, high fives and hugs fans. She rolls into the ring and calls for her music to be cut, then nods to Gloriana.

Laurel Anne Hardy: Well now. Always nice to see new faces round these parts. Welcome to the Battlezone! I gotta admit, though, it's a bit of a shame to hear that the first woman who comes to mind for you from XWA's roster is that distended rectum who's tryna kill the place Alice Harris, rather than - say - my good friend, The Winter Wolf, OOKAMI no Chi. Or one half of Shokeihito, the very talented and promising Izanami Mikoto. Or even Bella Quinn; I know she's on a non-combat contract here, but she's been known to step into the XWA ring if someone gives her a good enough reason. Ooorrr...

She pauses with a small, enigmatic smile.

Laurel Anne Hardy: For that matter... it's a shame you didn't think of the ace of XWA. The first defender an' final boss of this company. The final XWA World Heavyweight Champion, and first Supreme XWA Champion... the woman who did what nobody else in XWA's history was able to do, and put an end Whisper's War. Speaking... as that woman, yeah, it's a little bit disappointing.

She taps the mic on her hand sadly a few times - then she shakes her head.

Laurel Anne Hardy: But hey - like you said, matches are for making statements in. You wanna stage to show off what you can do? Got something welling up inside you that needs to come out an' you can only do it in the ring?

Shrug.

Laurel Anne Hardy: I'm game.

The fans pop for the prospective match that's just been tabled!

(tag!)
19W|5D|6L
Hardcore Champion x3 | Gladiatorial Champion | World Heavyweight Champion | first Supreme Champion
Breaker of The Streak
@sugarhardy
Cawabunga

Postby Cawabunga » Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:32 pm

Gloriana nods along with the fans and tosses Laurel a non-enigmatic, confident smile.

Gloriana: Obviously thank you for coming out here, little Laurel. It means a great deal that someone cared enough to. Ah, hhmm mmm, yes you got me on the selection thing. Her name is Alice. A is the first letter of the alphabet. So I just tossed it out there. Winged it, you know?

The Paragon of Power drops the mic for a moment and mulls over something. Her countenance appears confused, a brow vexed upward.

Gloriana: But I have to be honest with you, something isn't jiving here.

Gloriana paces, more mulling over stuff. She traverses a full circle around Hardy and comes back to face her. The look on her face is an accusatory one, or better coined "suspicious".

Gloriana: If Alice is trying to kill everything here and is apparently doing a mighty fine job of it, then why are you, the ace, the champion of everything, ender of wars and usher of peace out here addressing a greenie like me who doesn't even belong in the same postal code as you? Why hasn't Alice's tits been knocked into the dust by you? Why aren't you shit stomping her insides out right now? It sounds to me like you, and please don't take too much offense to this, are not doing your job as 'ace' in this place. You're not keeping the bitches in check."

The crowd certainly isn't liking what Gloriana is saying but she as a green horn was asking something pretty valid. The Paragon of Power lift a finger up to hopefully calm them down.

Gloriana: But it's okay. Whatever tour reason is, it's your reason. As for some competition... well... since all the other ladies in the back won't show themselves, then I see no other alternative than you. I'm game. Your game. We're all game. Let's do this.

Gloriana tosses the mic away and take some steps back, motioning for Laurel to do the same so they can get to rumbling. She gets in a basic greco roman wrestler stance.
styg
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer
Characters Handled: Yo mama
Also your da

Postby styg » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:04 pm

Laurel lets out a small, sharp-edged laugh.

Laurel Anne Hardy: Lemme ask you some'n... where's The Architect of All War? Where's the big secret weapon of The Survivors? Out havin' his leg stapled back together, lucky if he even ever walks again. Where's Richard J Maxwell, the mastermind behind this war? Home rehabbin' the worst concussion of his life, unable to command from the front line. Every show this year, me, Razer, Bella, Novak - we've been here battlin' Catastrophe an' The Survivors, stoppin' their destruction. Now, we ain't been able to win every battle. I can't deny that. We weren't there in time to save poor Kaylee. But one side doesn't get to win every battle. We've won enough to keep XWA alive. If I hadn't been doin' my job this ring wouldn't even still standing here for you to come out an' make a challenge in. By all means, though, if you're so sure you could end all this in one fell swoop, you're welcome to try...

Laurel shrugs her jacket off and begins pacing side to side, keeping one eye on Gloriana - and the other on the ringside area...
19W|5D|6L
Hardcore Champion x3 | Gladiatorial Champion | World Heavyweight Champion | first Supreme Champion
Breaker of The Streak
@sugarhardy