Movie Thread

Life! Sports! Movies! Video Games! Things! Whatever you wanna talk about that isn't about wrestling or the XWA, this is the place to do it! Anything goes...just don't be a dick.
Dan
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer
Characters Handled: Dan Bennett

Movie Thread

Postby Dan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:34 am

Soooo... Seen any good movies recently?

Went out with my friend Nikki and we saw the new It as well as the Kingsman sequel.

First, let me start off by saying that I'm not usually one to see movies in the theatre, and so for me to go twice in one day was insane to me. But nonetheless, I was actually impressed by "It". It was a bit more jumpscare-y than actually scary, but there was still some dramatic tension and it was very well done. I was impressed. Then again, I have never seen the Tim Curry TV series nor have I read the book, so I was actually a little surprised when it said (Chapter 1) at the end. Also, the casting was really good for the kids and Skarsgard knocked it out the part. Please note, if you haven't seen the movie yet, pay attention to Pennywise's eyes whenever he's on screen. It's ALWAYS got an eye on you...

As for Kingsman, I had only seen the original one for the first time when I was visiting my dad, he saw the commercial for the sequel and made me watch the first one, which turned out to be a really good action flick that didn't take itself super seriously, which is perfect. Expect a LOT more of the same in the sequel, except you know, if you've seen the commercials, expect a bit less British snarkiness and a lot more stereotypical southern USA-based characters. Still, the movie holds up solidly and I liked it.

Anyone else see anything new recently? Let me know what I should be watching.
XxChronoTrigxX
Supreme XWA Champion
Supreme XWA Champion

Re: Movie Thread

Postby XxChronoTrigxX » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:10 am

Well the most recent movie I watched was Spiderman Homecoming that I last saw with my little cousin. Hopefully I can catch Kingsmen 2 sometime soon since I loved the first one. Also watched The Belko Experiment not that long ago. Really dope movie.

Return to “No Holds Barred!”