XWA Lord of the Ring: Press Conference

Streamed live exclusive to the Xperience, tune in for special conferences and build-up towards the next XWA show.
Dragon Ace
Booking Team Member
Booking Team Member
Characters Handled: Levinator
Ace Andrews
LJ Summers

XWA Lord of the Ring: Press Conference

Postby Dragon Ace » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:32 pm

The stage is set, and the room is buzzing. Even in Japan it only takes a few phone calls to get a room full of reporters excited and swarming for pictures and quotes, and thats exactly what one of XWA's co-owners is gambling on. Sitting at the center of a long table upon a dais, with the Lord Of The Ring banner displayed behind him, is Ace Andrews! Ace gives a few moments for things to settle down and then looks around to show both sides of the dais are empty, and he laughs softly.

ACE ANDREWS
“Nobody worry, we are going to have some guests today. But since we're in Japan, and we're filmina a Massacre this week, I allowed for this to be voluntary. But rest assured, you will have some visitors soon.”

Ace grins and stands up now, moving to the front of the dais with a microphone, and resting back on the tables smiling.

ACE ANDREWS
“See, our next Massacre is the kickoff for the biggest tournament of the year. Lord of the Ring. And this year, we had a flood of nominations in. So many people signed up, we had to expand the brackets. It was amazing. And a regular owner, a content owner, a Bella Quinn of an owner would happily sit back and allow that to be the story. Allow that to be the selling point. Send out some simple promo pictures, and be done with it.”

Ace pauses for a moment, but then points at himself and sneers.

ACE ANDREWS
“But thats why I'm Ace Andrews. Because I don't settle. Because I'm not simple. Because I believe in going the extra mile. Which is why tonight, I'm throwing the floor open to any and all competitors in Lord of the Ring. Come on out. Say your peace. Make your case. Let the media, heck, the WORLD know why YOU think you can win this tournament. Why YOU think you can be the next Lord Of The Ring.”

Ace takes a step forward, and then stomps down on the dais and grins.

ACE ANDREWS
“The stage, as they say, is yours. So whoever is here, whoever has something to say, this is your chance.”

And just like that Ace slips back behind the tables and waits. Surely someone will be by soon to say their piece?

==================

Alright, here we go. Open Press Conference for the LOTR! Any and all entrees, feel free to jump in! Lets consider this the LOTR pre-show. For those unaware how these work, its an open mike, and you can say/rebuttal whatever you like, but NO violence. Enjoy your press conference!
Smith Jones

Re: XWA Lord of the Ring: Press Conference

Postby Smith Jones » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:36 pm

‘Waiting For The End’ by Linkin Park plays as the buzz amidst the reporters begins to grow louder. Smith Jones comes walking out onto the stage wearing a crooked smirk. He is dressed in a gray suit and tie over a white button-down. Simple. Elegant. Respectful. Smitty steps up behind the lectern and bends at the waist in a respectful bow to all in attendance. Cameras flash all over the room as the news media starts a playful chant to welcome the Canadian superstar.

IMPARTIAL NEWS MEDIA:
Smitty! Smitty! Smitty! Smitty! Smitty! Smitty! Smitty! Smitty! Smitty! Smitty! Smitty! Smitty! Smitty!

Smith chuckles at them and waves off the chant as he takes a step closer to the microphone and he speaks.

SMITH JONES
It is an honour to be preparing to compete here in Japan. This is a veritable bracket buster of a tournament containing not only members of the current XWA roster like Emery Layton, AJ Morales, OOKAMI No Chi, and Minka Carter, but also bringing back legendary Hall of Famers like Tempest, Rose, and The Maddog! This year’s tourney also brings in faces new to XWA competition like Nirvana and Cassius Reed! And I’ve only scratched the surface in terms of names entered in this thing!

He has trouble containing his boyish excitement and holds tight to the podium to keep himself from pacing around the stage as all lenses, cameras and human eyeballs, remain focused on him.

SMITH JONES
That’s why I’m so excited to be part of all this! It’s no secret that I’m in this business purely for the sake of pure competition, and I can’t see any other way to spend my XWA summer than to be part of such a huge competition! I’ve proven since my return to the company that I am determined to make a mark and to do whatever it takes to be well known as a fighter AND to collect wins! This tourney will be no different! I am one of the measuring sticks for the level of competition around here these days for a reason. My one-on-one Massacre match against Hall of Famer The Jester was the ONLY LotR preview match advertised! While many have elected to save themselves for the tourney, which is of course a valid strategy, I am getting into an XWA ring on the last show before the tourney starts for a few reasons. I want to entertain the fans, I want to keep my ring skill at an all time high, and I want people to know that when you think of this company and this tournament, you're gonna wanna remember to always think of me! It is my goal to WIN the Lord of the Ring to ensure not only that I earn my shot at the Supreme XWA Title, but to make sure that the person who does win it will indeed be a current and future ongoing XWA wrestler! With all due respect to everyone else who signed up, this ring belongs to the true blue XWA fanbase and there aren’t many people rattling around the tournament brackets better equipped to stand tall for the XWA than yours truly!

He leans in very close to the mic and looks straight ahead into the XWA camera lens.

SMITH JONES
There is ONLY ONE Smith Jones and I’m right here!

Smitty is suddenly interrupted by another LotR combatant...

~Tag to ANYONE ~

@imSmithJones
Jessi
Characters Handled: Austin Carter
Trevor Miller
Axton Pierce (only for LOTR)

Postby Jessi » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:32 am

XIV by LEINY begins to fill the airwaves. Out from the curtain comes Trevor Miller, Crown and all in an outfit fit for a KING. He walks to his seat, taunting the crowd with his signature arm raise. Commotion ascends from the crowd as fans send Miller their love and some their disapproval, some people just can’t seem to make up their minds. He brings his arm down as he walks up to the podium.

Trevor Miller:
If you people think that hating me is going to get me to leave quicker, you are wrong. Shut the hell up and let me speak, please.

The crowd gets loud with yeahs and ooos.

Trevor Miller:
Please, please, quiet down!

A woman begins to chant something in Japanese.

Trevor Miller:
I don’t understand a damn word you're saying, shut your ass up.

The crowd erupts in laughter as the woman continues her rant.

Trevor Miller:
Damn it! I don’t understand you.

The crowd continues to laugh.

Trevor Miller:
Listen I just have uh… I just have something I’d like to say to let all you fans know…

Miller clears his throat.

Trevor Miller:
I’d like to… This is serious folks, seriously, seriously…

American Fanboy:
LET HIM TALK!

Trevor Miller:
Yes, please let me talk… I’d like to dedicate, in advance, my victory over Cassius Reed in the Lord of the Ring tournament to Austin Carter.

A cheap pop for Austin Carter sends the crowd yelling with mixed emotions.

Trevor Miller:
You’re Welcome.

Miller then goes to his seat as the crowd erupts in a frenzy with “AUS-TIN CAR-TER!” chants and “KING MILL-ER!” chants. Miller yells at the part of the crowd chanting for his ex-friend:

Trevor Miller:
HE’S NOT HERE!

Miller sits as the chants cease. Once settled, a reporter stands to his feet.

Grapplezone Reporter:
Rick Blair for GrappleZone, here. In regards to Cassius Reed and his career, he’s been all over the place, from boxing to his current venture in wrestling. Wrestling in Mexico, EXODUS, HELL, HKW, and PPW to name a few…

Trevor Miller:
*chuckles* Just to name a few?

Miller says those words as he takes a sip of water.

Grapplezone Reporter:
*laughs* Yeah, he’s also one to join such tournaments and he’s been successful recently winning Phoenix Wrestling’s Iron King Tournament. As a “King” yourself, in regards to wrestling Cassius, what are you going to do, in regards to your career, if you can’t stop the hot streak of Cassius Reed.

Trevor Miller:
You kno- Could you repeat that question one more time please?

The crowd goes up in laughter once again.

Trevor Miller:
No, seriously. My hearing isn’t what it used to be since Lx-Tim hit my ear with his knee…

Grapplezone Reporter:
The Iron King, Cassius Reed, what are you going to do in your career, where are you going to go if you can’t stop the success of Cassius Reed?

Trevor Miller:
Wha- what did you say about Mexico and all over the world? You said something about he had been somewhere, EXODUS, HELL, HKW, what was your point again sir, I’m sorry. I just woke up literally 45 minutes ago, still not used to the time difference here in Japan.

The microphone stops working for the reporter - but he doesn’t know that. He continues to ask his question.

Trevor Miller:
Now I really can’t hear you, the microphone’s not working…

With a lower volume than before, the crowd chuckles.

Grapplezone Reporter:
What are you going to do if you can’t beat Cassius Reed, your opponent in the first round of the tournament.

Trevor Miller:
Oh! Him… No comment.

The Grapplezone reporter sits at his seat as another reporter stands to question the "King".

LOLDirtsheets Reporter:
Jeffrey Grey from LOLDirtsheets.com... You mentioned Austin Carter earlier on…

Trevor Miller:
Listen, I couldn’t care less for him right now, ok?

LOLDirtsheets Reporter:
But what if he tries to interfere in your mat-

Trevor Miller:
HE IS IRRELEVANT!

???:
Irrelevant, huh?

Into the hall enters the man that the reporter and Miller have been referring to. The man that was once Miller’s friend, until that night on the boat that changed everything.

Austin Carter:
I find myself to be quite relevant and besides, I have some questions for “our” beloved king here...

The crowd is both shocked and excited to see Austin Carter at the press conference to the tournament he has nothing to do with, but him being there was no surprise.

Trevor Miller:
No… No… settle down children. Austin, questions are for the professionals who are actually allowed to be here.

Austin Carter:
But I do have a pass.

Carter lifts a reporter's pass up to his face, kissing it to “rub” it in Miller’s face.

Austin Carter:
Ahem… Hi, Austin Carter from the XWA locker room, here. Trevor, you’ve got little history when it comes to tournaments as you were part of the Union Battleground Tournament for a chance at the then vacant championship, at which you… well.. Lost. In the first round. How do you think that LOSS will affect you during this match-up against THE Cassius Reed, the greatest head of hair I’ve seen since A.J. Morales.

Miller rolls his eyes as Carter finishes his question and stays silent. After much silence, Carter looks around.

Austin Carter:
Trevor.

Trevor Miller:
What.

Austin Carter:
You didn’t answer my question, I worked so hard on it...

Trevor Miller:
I refuse. I refuse to answer your question because it’s pathetic. YOU are pathetic.

Carter shrugs and mouths, “Oh, well.” and sits next to and converses with a gorgeous female reporter as Miller sits back into his seat with his arms crossed. The thing that annoys him the most has just ruined his day. Good thing for Miller, he doesn’t have to endure such embarrassment anymore as an LOTR participant enters to make their presence known.

[TAG TO ANYONE]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AUSTIN CARTER is up for use as a reporter, feel free to use him to ask your wrestlers questions.

"Santa will deliver no presents. I will Crown Kick him. Fuck you, small children." - DJS
Dysfunctional
Booking Team Member
Booking Team Member

Postby Dysfunctional » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:03 pm

The crowd is still abuzz. Austin Carter has introduced himself as a reporter here much to Trevor Miller’s dismay as this conference is only starting to get underway. All of a sudden….

The XWA listen remix of “Bulls on Parade” by Rage Against the Machine hits and a small video begins to play, showing glimpses of the man set to make his appearance in a matter of moments. “The Dysfunctional One” Drake Dysfunction soon appears, emerging from the black curtain to the side of the stage, wearing a black blazer with a red-colored t-shirt underneath with black slacks and black dress shoes to match. Black shades shield his eyes from the camera flashes as the impartial new media’s reaction to this man is absolutely priceless.

Drake has his hands held in the air, saying thank you to the press for the picture-taking and the applause. He makes his way past Smith Jones and the XWA Co-Owner/Billionaire Playboy himself to find himself a seat. His music dies down as soon as he gets himself situated in his chair, pulling himself and the chair closer to the table after pulling it out to allow himself an entry way to be seated. There's a buzz in the crowd right now while cameras still continue to flash at random. “Where has he been?” “HOW has he been?”

Drake Dysfunction
“Konichiwa!!!!” he bellows into the microphone. Since he is in Japan, he gives them a Japanese greeting to which the natives in the crowd respond to accordingly.

Drake Dysfunction
“Sorry, y’all. From here on out it's all English. It's been awhile since I've been to the Land of the Rising Sun. How ya feelin’? Did ya miss me?”

The fans lucky enough to get tickets to this special occasion give a cheap pop as their answer to Drake's question.

Drake Dysfunction
“Alright. I've been to enough of these to know how this all works. Ask away!”

He raises his arms up as if he's welcoming a hug, but in this case, it's a welcoming gesture; a physical way of telling those reporters in the room that the floor is theirs. Sure enough, one reporter has already made their way to the propped up microphone stand.

Greg Garrett
*Ahem* “Hi there. Greg Garrett from Federation Newsletter. Before I ask any questions, I'd first like to say welcome back, Mr. Dysfunction.”

Drake Dysfunction
“Sure is good to be back, Greg, but why so formal? I'm far from being one of those stuck up snobs who claim that they deserve respect and then some. Drake or D-Double or any of my awesome nicknames will do just fine.”

He closes this off with a grin from ear to ear. Greg continues.

Greg Garrett
“Yes well thank you. Speaking of you being back, my first question pertains to your absence from XWA and your whereabouts. Where have you been? Have you been up to anything since your absence?”

Drake Dysfunction
“Drake Dysfunction sure did miss his Drake-a-holics, but I had some healing to do. After receiving bruised ribs at XWA Untouchable from receiving OH so many gores and aggravating them even further by hitting a Dying Wish on Alex Krull on the post-Massacre edition of XWA Untouchable, Bella Quinn offered me some much needed time off. Of course, that also meant that I was unable to keep in accordance with the championship clause in my contract, so I was stripped of the XWA Tag Team titles that are now held by Emery Layton and Adam Fenric. No worries, though. I'm here. I'm back and, baby, I'm in the LORD OF THE RING TOURNAMENT!”

We hear a resounding ovation from the number of “Drake-a-holics” here in attendance for the press conference.

Drake Dysfunction
“Man, I couldn't feel more determined and more eager to participate in this epic tournament of sorts. It's got 'The Demolitionist’ pumped for sure, but as I was in the back, I couldn't help but notice that someone else is eager and determined as well.”

At this time, he's looking over to the one and only Smith Jones, who is staring back at him, both men having to be hunched over to do so since Ace Andrews had to have a giant-ass pedestal in-between the two.

Drake Dysfunction
“I mean you'd have to be asleep to NOT notice that this guy just OOZES confidence and is set to make his biggest impact yet here in the XWA….but Smitty, there's only one *holds his index finger up* problem.”

He takes this moment to stand up from his chair and Smith Jones is seen doing the exact same thing. The crowd starts to murmur incoherently, but judging by the way they're murmuring mixed with the sudden tension that has suddenly overtaken the room, you can feel that some shit may go down any second. Ace Andrews feels the same kind of feeling and has his attention turned to both men, one hand up facing towards Drake's direction and the other towards Smith Jones's direction as a way of calming the situation down and sort of non-verbally reminding the two XWA Xtremists of the no-contact rule. Drake grabs the mic that's propped on the table and raises it to his lips.

Drake Dysfunction
“That problem is me. See, you say that there is ONLY ONE Smith Jones. Well, buddy, there's only ONE *raises the index finger again* Drake Dysfunction, and should the time come where we BOTH get a chance to share the same ring, I'll prove to you and the rest of these guys in this tournament that, without a shadow of a doubt, ‘The Dysfunctional One’ means business, and when it's all said and done, I will be the ONLY ONE left standing with my hand raised high and Hana Ramirez proclaiming at the top of her lungs 'the winner of the match….and the Lord of the Ring of 2017…..DRAKE DYS-FUNC-TIONNNN.”

[OPEN]
DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Characters Handled: Emery Layton
Adam Fenric
Aki Yasuko
Amy Taylor

Postby DJS » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:40 pm

There is hustle and bustle from the back of the room as someone pushes their way through the Japanese reporters. Cameras flash and murmurs of 'scuse me', 'pardon me' and even a little 'hey Austin, what's up?' move through the crowd like a parting wave. Emerging out of the front, being spat out by the sea of reporters is none other than one half of the XWA Tag Team Champions, Emery Layton, which prompts a loud cheer from the fans in attendance. Em turns around, a large light now on her as she stands in front of the panel. She appears to be holding a potted bonsai tree in one hand and a tangerine in the other, a look of relief on her face.

EMERY LAYTON:
Oi oi! Sorry I'm late. Really wanted to be here earlier but I got stuck at the top of Tokyo Tower, had to be airlifted, It's a long story, you don't wanna know. Could you guys all just do me a favor and pretend I was here the entire time? Amy's gonna kill me if she finds out I wasn't.

NEWS REPORTER:
What's the bonsai tree about?

Em looks down at it.

EMERY LAYTON:
Hmm? Oh yeah, a fan gave it to me. I dunno what I'm gonna do with it but it's pretty cracking to actually have one so I'm quite pleased.

She backs up, perching herself on top of the table at which all of our stars are currently sat. The Worst of the Pavees looks around, hesitating as to where to place the tree and eventually settles on a nice little spot to the side of her, right in front of Trevor Miller, obscuring his face (much to his complete disdain for this) as she sits cross-legged on top of the table with a Cheshire-cat grin.

ACE ANDREWS:
There are chairs set up right there behind you...

Em turns and looks at them for a few seconds...

EMERY LAYTON:
Oh yeah. Good spot. Anyway, questions!

...and then turns back as she begins to peel her tangerine, completely unmoved. A Japanese reporter steps forward. He is speaking slightly slowly and enunciating.

JAPANESE REPORTER:
Hello Emery.

She puts her tangerine down for a few seconds to put her hands together and bow her head.

EMERY LAYTON:
Konichiwa.

Em picks the tangerine back up and strategically begins to peel the entire thing as she listens to the reporter.

JAPANESE REPORTER:
Hi. You have wrestled in Japan before, but now you return to compete in first round of Lord of the Ring and face Saiko Yunokawa at Supershow. How does return to Japan now compare to last time here?

EMERY LAYTON:
Wow. Yeah, so, last time I was here, I was working joshi leagues and making way less money, not as many people even knew who I was and I wouldn't have got a look-in at XWA, y'know? I mean I tried out for XWA Genesis a few years ago and got nothing. It was between me and some movie star guy, you can guess who they would've gone for back then for, yeah? But now it's all different. If you knew the Japan scene you might have known me, but now it's just on a bigger scale in relation to, like, who knows me. I get people actually coming to me saying 'hey, we wanna book you for this show cos of that match you had at XWA or Union Battleground or where ever', and I didn't have that last time. Coming back to Japan's a special thing. I made a lot of friends here over the years too so even for someone like me, it's like coming home, know what I mean?

The Japanese reporter moves back as a larger reporter, British-accent, steps forward.

THE GRAPS MAGAZINE REPORTER:
Hello Emery, Nigel Ruperts for The Graps Magazine in the UK. There's some massive names in the Lord of the Ring tournament this year, very much a mish-mash of independent stars and wrestlers from other companies as well as XWA's current roster and Hall of Famers. What are your thoughts on those involved and the possibility of facing them?

EMERY LAYTON:
Oh man, I'm super ready for the tournament so I'll face anybody who gets in there with me, really. Here's what's what- I know a lot of people in this industry, just inherently I do after travelling for so long, but there's people in this thing I know but never got to wrestle. Like, I could end up in there with Nirvana, who's a big deal, or Max Hopper or, screw it, Joey Miles and Cassius Reed just got dropped on us. I'll fight anyone they give me, but it's cool to be in the same tournament as some of these names, finally.

THE GRAPS MAGAZINE REPORTER:
What about the returning and current XWA stars part of this?

EMERY LAYTON:
Well, I think I said before that Tempest was my favorite wrestler for the longest time and he ain't too far away in this tournament. I got a win over Novak at Legends. You got Rose, Trace Demon, MadDog...it's kinda made me think of how real it is that I'm in XWA now. I used to follow this place growing up by reading your magazine, actually. Yeah, there's the chance I might face Minka Carter, or OOKAMI No Chi, or Smith Jones somewhere down the line, but I welcome it! I'll fight anyone, old or new.

Raising his hand in the air, once again, is Austin Carter. Em grins and turns.

EMERY LAYTON:
This guy!

AUSTIN CARTER:
Hi Emery, how do you respond to the rumors that Trevor Miller won't answer my questions because he's a loser?

Trevor Miller moves the bonsai tree to give Austin the most horrific scowl he can muster. Em turns around.

EMERY LAYTON:
Man, why you gotta be like that?

TREVOR MILLER:
What? This is so dumb! I'm not answering his questions! Why would I? He's not even a real journalist!

EMERY LAYTON:
Hey now, that's unfair. He's just trying to hold down two jobs and be a regular fella and you're giving him a hard time for it. That's just not on. Times are hard.

TREVOR MILLER:
I can't believe this. I can't believe I'm having to listen to this. Do you people know who I am? I'm the King, dammit! The KING!

EMERY LAYTON:
Well I didn't vote for you.

Em moves the bonsai tree back in front of his face.

TREVOR MILLER:
You don't vote for a king! And get this thing out of my face!

He moves it away. Em moves it back. He swipes it to the side.

TREVOR MILLER:
Stop that!

EMERY LAYTON:
Alright! What the heck is a king anyway? Get a real job.

She picks the tree up and puts it on the opposite side of the desk as she turns back and continues eating her tangerine.

LOLDIRTSHEETS REPORTER:
Hi. Jeffrey Grey, reporter for LOLDirtsheets. This'll be the first time in a while that you'll be wrestling in XWA without your tag team partner, the XWA Television Champion, Adam Fenric. You've also got a match with Laurel Anne Hardy which has so far split the fans, but she is widely seen as one of the top stars in the industry. Do you not feel the pressure mounting to succeed so that people don't view you as the weak link of Layton & Fenric?

EMERY LAYTON:
Yeah, are people actually saying that, er, Jeffrey, wasn't it?

She shoves a few segments of tangerine into her mouth as she waits patiently for his response.

LOLDIRTSHEETS REPORTER:
Jeffrey Grey. I'm just saying...everyone saw XWA On A Boat and how you almost cost the match for your team, nearly losing the Tag Team titles. And Adam has shown himself to be the more level-headed of the team as well as having captured more titles in singles competition. You have to think people might believe you're out of your depth. I believe reputable industry reporter Cass Baumer reported that even your colleagues backstage have voiced their doubts.

EMERY LAYTON:
They can believe what they want. People telling me I 'can't do it' ain't nothing new, and it probably ain't ever gonna stop cos of who I am and where I come from. Look, I had a moment of...it was a weird moment at XWA On A Boat. I held that Supreme XWA title in my hand, first time I ever held any world title of any kind in the palm of my hand, and I lost myself a bit. I'll throw my hands up and admit that. But that's why I gotta focus, cos until I actually become Supreme XWA Champion, that sort of thing is just gonna keep happening and I can't let it hold me back. Next time I hold that thing, it'll be cos it's mine, I tell ya that now for nothing.

She takes the remaining half of the tangerine, having picked at segments, and shoves the entire thing in her mouth.

EMERY LAYTON:
Y'know what gets me? I dunno what you been asking the other guys but it seems to me like no one's asking the real questions here. One year, XWA has a guy in a mask show up appear outta nowhere and win Lord of the Ring, suddenly this year we got three and we only heard of one of them. We're not gonna talk about that Rey guy not wanting to 'tell anyone his identity'? How'd he get in? Then there's other stuff- how did Minka Carter get to compete in this thing when all she's done is act like a coward and beat people up after matches. Know what? I got a kicker here for you, and I bet this guy knows the answer...

She points to Ace Andrews as she continues.

EMERY LAYTON:
Now this is just a thing I noticed, and I ain't ever been accused of being bright but maybe I'll change that here, cos isn't it funny how we run the biggest Lord of the Ring tournament ever at the same time as the Survivors running around as the 'biggest threat ever', but the group's only put forward one of the fuckers to be in this- their leader- and no one else? Or is that just me thinking that's a bit wild? What says you, boss man? Cos I'd love to know what you think.

She turns to Ace. He looks to the reporters, then back to Emery.

ACE ANDREWS:
Maybe you'd like to take a seat now, Emery. We've got other guests on this panel.

She looks back at a chair immediately behind her, then at the reporters Ace just looked to and then back at Ace with a half-smile.

EMERY LAYTON:
Nice dodge, fella.

Never one to do things in a conventional way, with she pushes the chair away from the desk and literally rolls backwards into a sitting position on the chair, finding herself sat next to Drake. However she has knocked a few nameplates and a microphone off the desk. She peaks over as it gives off feedback.

ACE ANDREWS:
You just wrecked my setup here just to sit down on a chair.

EMERY LAYTON:
But I did sit on a chair so...

ACE ANDREWS:
Urgh...

Em crosses her legs and sits, grinning and quite proud of herself for wrecking the table.

[OPEN]
New to XWA? Need management? Look no further...
Minka Carter

Postby Minka Carter » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:09 pm

Minka: I wasn't even going to bother but...

The crowd at the press conference begins to boo as Minka Carter comes out with a microphone. She deliberately ignores the other competitors already taking part in that press conference and stares right at Emery Layton with a look of anger in her eyes.

Minka: ...I am not going to allow these people to enjoy the sight of your presence! YOU, Emery, are everything WRONG with this company! If I have to hear one more word out of your mouth with that ear-bleeding accent of yours, I think I'm going to suffer a concussion from the headaches your mere presence gives me at times. GOD, I am so SICK of your face! I am so sick of you and your... STUPID... antics! Why on earth did your parents bother to conceive someone like you? My god! The only reason why I want you to win your first round match is because I'm going to win mine and then I get to end your career and put this stupid Snow White story of yours to rest once and for all!

Reporter: Minka... if you don't mind...

Minka: Shut up! I am not taking any questions from a neophyte like you... or you... or any of you! How many of you know how to speak English anyway?

Reporter: But I wanted to ask about Chris Novak!

Minka: I'll get to him at the proper time! Enough questions! Silence! Anyway...

Minka takes a deep breath to regain her composure.

Minka: ...when that happens.... I can't wait to coil my hands around your neck and... SNAP! There goes your precious career!

Minka tries to keep talking, but an XWA official comes up from behind her.

Event Security: Minka, you need to take a seat.

Minka: SHUT UP! I'm trying to talk!

Security: But you need to take a seat like everyone else!

Minka: NO! I will not sit beneath that harlot cretin!

The event security guard turns her toward him to try to escort her to her seat, but Minka gives him a low blow and tosses him off the stage into a crowd of reporters below. Some of the crowd gasps in shock, but the guard appears to be okay.

Minka: LIKE I WAS SAYING...

Minka doesn't get to say anything more with even more guards coming by her.

Minka: Bloody hell.... UGH! I guess I'll take a seat. Bastards!

Minka reluctantly walks over to the table to take her seat and the security team surrounds her just to make sure she doesn't put her hands on anyone else.

Minka: This is preposterous...

TBC: Open
TheJester
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby TheJester » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:42 pm

Children, Children, Children

A booming voice sounds over the sound system as a smiling Jester makes his way onto the dais from behind the curtain wearing a black suit with a lime green tie

Jester: I could no longer handle all of the incessant ramblings of all of you idiots.

Jester walks behind the rest of the competitors, paying none on them any attention, as he saunters his way down to his spot at the end of the table. A young, male reporter immediately steps up to the podium eagerly awaiting his time to shine

Jester: You can just go ahead and sit down, I have no time for any of your stupid questions and that goes for the rest of you media losers as well.

The look of dejection on the young man’s face is almost enough to make you cry, but Jester laughs as the man slowly steps away and sits back down.

Jester: Now let me turn my attention to all of you. You are all out here going on and on about how there is only one of me, there is only one of you, how you will beat your opponent, how you will be the winner ……….and it’s bull shit

Jester’s smile fades from his face as he moves his cold stare to face the rest of the competitors at the table

Jester: Let me break this down for you right here, you are NOTHING, you are not special, you are not the only “one” of you. I’ve seen 1000’s of each and every one of you. You all sicken me with your hubris, acting like you are the first one to do anything. I’ve been in this business longer than most of you little rug rats could walk and let me tell you, I do it better than any of you could ever imagine and will continue to set the bar to what greatness is. So please continue on with your little diatribes and condemnations of each other, but know that none of this matters because to me you are all just jokes.

Jester begins to cackle

Jester: And not to do exactly what I was railing against all of you for, but since I’m a legend and am actually have the credentials, I’ll throw this out there. The Funnyman of the XWA will reign supreme at this year’s LotR Tournament and you all will just be the sad punchline to a joke no one wants to hear.

Jester leans back in his seat with a smile on his face as he stares out into the sea of reporters

Tag to Whomever
styg
Characters Handled: Yo mama
Also your da

Postby styg » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:12 am

A murmur sweeps through the hall and heads turn to look at the back as the assembled throng collectively realises that OOKAMI no Chi is leaning against the wall, staring that malevolent, misanthropic, predator's stare she's come to be known for. A few reporters try to get her attention and ask her questions, but she blanks them all. Her gaze doesn't stray from the dais, and her fellow Lord of the Ring participants as they take their turns to say their pieces. At no point does she make any attempt to go up herself, seemingly content just to listen, and not to speak.
19W|5D|6L
Hardcore Champion x3 | Gladiatorial Champion | World Heavyweight Champion | first Supreme Champion
Breaker of The Streak
@sugarhardy

Return to “Pre-Shows and Conferences”