XWA Town Hall: A New Beginning (OPEN PROMO FOR ALL)

Streamed live exclusive to the Xperience, tune in for special conferences and build-up towards the next XWA show.
DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Characters Handled: Emery Layton
Adam Fenric
Aki Yasuko
Amy Taylor

XWA Town Hall: A New Beginning (OPEN PROMO FOR ALL)

Postby DJS » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:07 pm

We're sat in an empty arena, the XWA's stage and ring occupying the space. Except the arena isn't empty at this moment. There is a large portion of the arena's seats being occupied by everyone. They're all there- referees, announcers, champions, wrestlers old and new. All are chatting amonst themselves, wondering what they are about to hear.

Little time will be wasted it seems, though. From the entrance stage, we see a big man in a black suit veer his imposing presence from the curtain. His name? Whisper. Some seconds after, a smaller, bald man also suited and booted makes his way out, a man we know as Raine. They stand at either side of the curtain until, finally, a woman makes her way out. Clad in her power-suit and carrying a clip-board, the alluring Ms. Amy Taylor makes her way down the ramp, and into the ring to the murmuring, confused observers. She holds a huge smile on her face as she looks on. She raises the mic she has been holding up for the past two minutes as Whisper and Raine cross their arms and stand at either side of her.

AMY TAYLOR:
"Hello ladies and gentlemen of the Xtreme Wrestling Alliance. I'm sure most if not all of you will know who I am. If not, allow me this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Amy Taylor, and I am the founder of Sabbath-Taylor Promotions. Stood to my left is the man you've come to know as Whisper and to my right is Raine. These men are my clients, as well as my enforcers. "

She looks to Whisper, who gives a nod of approval.

"Now, you may be wondering why you've all been gathered here today. All of you. From the top guys and champions to the rookies and new starters. On a related note, you may be wondering why I am stood here telling you as opposed to our esteemed owner, Trace Demon. Well, Trace won't be around at the shows as much these days. Let's face it- he has a whole company to run. With that said, he felt it would be better to bow out of this one to allow you all to get adjusted to, well, the future.

There have been a lot of rumors about what's going to go down today. Let me first say to you all that the XWA is in good hands. It's safe. All of you are safe in your jobs, and your contracts will not be terminated nor will Massacre be taken off the air or PPVs cancelled. So don't even think that's the case. No champions will stripped of their belts or anything like that."

Sighs of relief follow, I'm sure.

"There's a new XWA being born today. A new era starts now. But don't hear it from me. I'm only a Personal Assistant, so this is not my baby. It's not my vision. Allow me to introduce you all to the man you will now call the General Manager of the Xtreme Wrestling Alliance...

Diamond Jack Sabbath!"

Jack comes storming out of the curtain in his familiar leather jacket and jeans look. The General Manager watches on, as the ever-murmuring roster talk cautiously amongst themselves. After a few seconds, he slips under the bottom rope and bounces up, snatching the mic from Amy without even looking at her and leaning on the top rope now as he peers out. The frankly self-indulgent music ends and Sabbath allows a few moments of silence.

DIAMOND JACK SABBATH:
"Right. Sit down, shut up. Your General Manager is talking. I expect you to listen, to take in all I'm going to say and understand the words that are coming out of my mouth.

Deathly silence.

"You're probably wondering how I managed to get this job. How I, Diamond Jack Sabbath, the man authority fears, have managed to seemingly become the very thing I hate. Well let me clear something up for you, here's the deal, here's the big thing- I might have an office now, but don't sit there and run the silly little idea through your head that I'm like my predecessors. Maxwell, Dominique, Hector- all guys I've deliberately opposed because I knew that I could do a better job if I ever got the chance. I know that, Trace knows that, and that's why I was approached. "

He begins to pace slowly around the ring.

"Now listen up- things are going to change. I'm introducing the Sabbath Regime today. And you know what's always annoyed me? We're too...safe. Ironic for me to say because we're the Xtreme Wrestling Alliance. We're supposed to be hardcore! We're supposed to insane! We're the meanest, biggest, most dangerous company in the world. That is what it means to be extreme! And so, effective immediately...you wanna win a match by disqualification? Kick your opponent out the ring and win by count-out? Good luck. Disqualification and Count Out no longer exist. You wanna blast your opponent with a chair, go fight across the entrance stage? The option is omnipresent. If you do or don't, totally down to you. No referee employed by this company will penalise you for it any more."

Every single member of the roster glares at the group of referees sat there, who scratch the back of their necks and look anywhere that isn't the roster, all sharing a good old cold sweat going down the side of their heads. Jack grins, twistedly.

"Next part- know what I get sick of? Unnecessary wins. Know what I mean? How many times have you turned up and won a match for no reason? So I've invented something. A new rule. I call it the "Three To Gold" Rule. Everyone will get a shot at the Television title on EVERY show, make no mistake about that. But if you win two matches in a row, you get a Hardcore Championship shot at the next available Pay Per View. Win three matches in a row, same for the World Heavyweight Championship. This will always happen unless stated otherwise by the champion in question, a request that I will personally review.

So yeah, I get sick of that. But here's the other thing- if people are going to be here, I want them performing to their best ability. I want you putting in everything. These fans come here every week and they pay to see you. Would you pay to see a load of half-arsed wannabes trying to be good? No, you wouldn't and if you would, you're crazier than me. And if you're crazier than me, you need mercy-killing. So here's what we'll do- you're not gonna put in the time, if you're gonna lose three times in a row, then you are going have to survive a spell in 'Anarchy's Court'. What's that you ask? It's a match with Whisper. Or alternatively a match with Raine. Or, hey, why not, a handicap match. What's the stipulation? Who knows? I don't know. I'll think about that on the day. Maybe I'll flip a coin or two. Point is this- if you keep winning, keep being impressive, you'll get rewards. Be disappointing and don't show off your potential- you'll have your opportunity to do so in Anarchy's Court."

The reaction to this is mixed so far, but Jack nods- proud of his mad little idea.

"So...I think I've waffled on for just long enough. You've heard what I have to say, and that's only just the beginning. You've all been given mics and we've promised you can talk- so talk. If you have any questions, I'm your General Manager, and I'm sat right here.

Go."

----
Hello there! Okay, this is now an open promo. This will run until the 27th next Saturday. No violence, no attacking each other, but feel free to do anything else.

[OPEN]
Need catching up on the current Runaways/Final story arc going into Legends? Look here!
PrinceAlexIII

Re: XWA Town Hall: A New Beginning (OPEN PROMO FOR ALL)

Postby PrinceAlexIII » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:25 pm

Prince Alex is talking with an interviewer, a fan approaches him and he has a picture of Prince, Prince doesn't hesitate as he takes the picture and signs it to make the fan happy. Prince takes a picture with the fan and quickly blasts where Sabbath is.

Prince Alex III:
Ahooy, NEW General Manager. Pretty cool huh? You want to give me one real big challenge, I won TWO MATCHES IN A ROW before getting my streak broken by the champion himself, Andrew Belfort, eh. So I must demand a HARDCORE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH. I want to go all on him, Hardcore. Everything happens. My friends ate here, so. Whaddaya say mate?

Prince Alex looks at the Asskickers as they smile and applaud. The champion Belfort isn't impressed.
XWA ALL TIME ACHIEVEMENTS.

1X Hardcore Champion (FORMER)
Declan

Postby Declan » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:49 am

Declan James: Whoa whoa whoa WHOA! Wait just a second! I remembered being at the house show where I expressed my disgust for Smitty saying I was successful at destroying the asinine clown gimmick, when the Unknown attacked me and I remember hearing PA3's voice before I was beaten down by those Assclowns.

Declan then looked towards Prince Alex III, and gave him the finger. The Gimmick Killer cut off PA3 before he spoke up again.

Declan James: That's right, Prince Assclown the First, my hearing is pretty good. Before you go demanding a match like a greedy little child from Generation Brat, I want to rip you to shreds! You call yourself a prince, but all I see is a man. And after brawling with the Unknown... I am hungry for more. Yeah, Alex. How about you shut the fuck up, put your money where your mouth is, and meet me in a hardcore match. And to sweeten the deal, how about we add this stipulation that will prove ego-stroking for you, and cathartic for me. The loser of the match would have to kiss the winner's ASS!
The Gimmick Killer LIVES!
The ONLY Gladiatorial Champion that Matters

Canadian
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby Canadian » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:01 am

Town meetings...what a waste of time.

He’d received an email saying that “his attendance was mandatory” or whatever. Major changes were happening inside of the administrative structure of the Xtreme Wrestling Allaince. Trace Demon was probably just butt-hurt that his Lambo got smashed the previous month at the XWA on a Pole PPV, or so Jericho thought. He sat in the crowded building in an isolated section. He made sure to be taped off away from the rest of the mouthbreathers he shared a roster with. He had a small entourage of security with him just in case somebody tried something dumb. The champion spent much of his time at this meeting addressing media questions about his title defenses so far and what he expects to happen in in the following year. It was all very, boring.

Eventually Diamond Jack Sabbath’s 7 of a companion would make her onstage surrounded by cronies of her own. After a short spiel Diamond Jack Sabbath would also be announced on stage…

and then it happened.

As soon as Diamond Jack Sabbath announced that regular competition inside of the Xtreme Wrestling Alliance would be replaced with Kentucky Brand simpleton cockfighting the ginger hair on the neck of the champion would flare up, his eyes widening in frustration and shock. The Innovator of Anarchy’s announcement would be met primarily with applause and praise but not everywhere. The champions hands become clammy as he stands up amidst the applause.

Jericho Shaw: This is bullshit!

The room quieted and the flash of I-Phone camera’s and beeped off in the distance.

Jericho Shaw:Why don’t we just bring guns and knives, have some big fucking shiv fest. This is just Nationalistic Collusion 100%. I mean lets look at what kind of superstars have resided in the Xtreme Wrestling Alliance. Diamond Jack Sabbath, the Innovator of Anarchy, Danger Liam, Chris Novak, the Madman from…

Where’s he from again? Well whatever!

What Diamond Jack Sabbath is saying right now is that British superstars can’t cut it with regular rules so he’s trying to placate them to an unfair advantage. The XWA has a hardcore title for a reason. It’s common knowledge that the Hardcore title is for the washups who can’t handle it at the top stage, now you’re going to lower the World Heavyweight Title to that degree, I won’t stand for it.

Not one bit! What’s the point of Rose being the technical announcer if technique has been thrown to the wayside? He needs this job, his old age pension isn’t enough to keep him going, and what about The Fan? Didn't Drama cripple him for life in a match that didn’t have any rules? I refuse to sate the blood lust of these mouth breathing fans, they need Jericho Shaw more than Jericho Shaw needs them.

There is no real reaction behind Jericho, not at least at first nobody seems too interested in getting between the World Heavyweight Champion and the new General Manager but it is clear that Diamond Jack Sabbath isn’t too keen on having his World Champion commit mutiny his first day on the job.

It'd be a nice little oddity if one day he somehow won the world title- Diamond Jack Sabbath
You gotta admit, JJJ turning heel out of nowhere would be the rage of rages.- Drake Dysfunction
Smith Jones

Postby Smith Jones » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:34 am

Smith Jones: You think Town Hall meetings are a waste of time, champ? And yet you showed up. How do you feel about wrestling matches, eh?

Smith Jones has been quietly watching from the back of the room in a slightly darker corner of the group. He’s dressed in a gray suit and tie over a white button-down. He glares sharply at Jericho Shaw, the mutual respect thinning between the two superstars in this very moment. Jones stands out of his steel folding chair and walks a short distance to where his face is cloaked in shadow. A slash of light catches his eye as he remains locked on the World Champion from a distance and he speaks.

Smith Jones: Five straight wins. That’s what I bring to this conversation. I’m the most eligible contender to the XWA World Heavyweight Championship today. Somebody please doubt me out loud!!! I agree with you about the rule change bullshit. I believe rules make this an art. DQs and count-outs are part of what makes this a sport and not a hackneyed stunt-fest. Let the hardcore division do hardcore. I’m the best pure wrestler in XWA today and I just want what I rightly deserve and I want it at the next pay-per-view. The “Three To Gold” rule is ingenious! And look at me, I’ve got five. If I’m not instantly slated on the next PPV card as the number one contender, I’ll be calling bullshit on the whole system!!! And speaking of the next PPV, what the heck is it? I have to say that having a show schedule clearly posted is integral to the growth and interest in this company. We should be able to plan our careers ahead and see Massacres and PPVs coming months in advance so I wouldn’t have to challenge for a World Title shot at "the next PPV". I’d love to actually say the name of that PPV. Either way, I’m the Main Event. It’s obvious.

Smith looks at Jericho Shaw sternly and then he looks at DJS. He waits.
@imSmithJones
PrinceAlexIII

Postby PrinceAlexIII » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:13 am

Prince Alex III:
Declan, I am going to answer your challenge. And that's a YES! Your challenge is accepted. A hardcore kiss my ass match!
XWA ALL TIME ACHIEVEMENTS.

1X Hardcore Champion (FORMER)
DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Characters Handled: Emery Layton
Adam Fenric
Aki Yasuko
Amy Taylor

Postby DJS » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:21 am

Rolling his eyes at looking to Amy- who raises both eyebrows in a 'go on, do something' kind of way- the General Manager shakes his head and raises his hand up for quiet.

DIAMOND JACK SABBATH:
"Alright, alright, alright, let's just have a gap in the questions for a bit so I can answer. And hear myself think. That'd be amazing. Thanks.

First of all, Declan the Gimmick Killer, Artist formerly known as Prince. Think I might have got the names wrong. Anyway, you've got your match, WITH stipulation Declan mentioned before, on our next Massacre show. Don't disappoint. Now, I've got to address someone else. He's wearing a big shiny belt that's gold and has a picture of a globe on it and he just accused me of mutiny."

Our world champion perks up, crossing his arms defiantly as the Innovator of Anarchy looks on, raising an eyebrow.

"Right then, hello Jericho Shaw. Think this is the first time we've had a proper chat, isn't it? I think we're going to be seeing a lot of each other, aren't we now? Hrm...and I thought Canadians were supposed to be so nice. Well as it happens, taking away DQs and Count Outs might appear to someone like you as an invitation to turn this place into a British fight club, but in actual fact, it's got nothing to do with that at all. You are seriously way off. How many times have you watched a match that spilled to the outside only for it to end ten seconds later because it got too intense? How many referees have tried to sue this company because someone attacked them to bring in a chair? A whole lot of them. Why Kirk Samson over there can only see out of his left eye because someone ran into him "accidentally" and then two seconds later ran out to grab a sledgehammer. I want a world where that doesn't happen, so I've made one. The fact I'm British has absolutely nothing to do with that, mate. That's just you being a whiny little shit and picking at something because you don't agree with it instead of taking the moral high ground."

Shaw pouts like an arrogant schoolboy who's been called out by one of his teachers and given detention. Sabbath shrugs.

"Look, if you don't like this new regime, if you are so pure a wrestler, why not lead by example? That's what I'd do. Go on, prove it. Why not show the rest of these guys in this room how 'lowly' they are and how technical wrestling triumphs over all. Hell, Rose did exactly the same thing, and now look at him. In fact, it just so happens we have the perfect man to show that off. A man with technical prowess of his own, who also shows a disdain for this regime. With his five wins under his belt, wouldn't be right to ignore Smith Jones. He is, after all, the number one contender."

Everyone fires a glare over to the rightful contender.

"Sure. Jones, Shaw, you're a lock for a World Heavyweight Championship match at our next Pay Per View...but with any luck you will not be alone. I really want to start afresh from this next Massacre onwards. There will be three Massacres leading to the next PPV to demonstrate the Three to Gold rule. So, the rest of you. You're all on watch. Because one of you could find yourself a Three to Gold winner, facing off against Jericho Shaw and Smith Jones for the World Heavyweight Championship at our next Pay Per View...XWA Hardcore Reniassance! Oh, and by the way, check the note board later, I hear our guys are finishing up the schedule after we're done here today.

Right. So. Any more questions? Come on, or I'll have to start picking people. And trust me, you don't want that."

[OPEN]
Need catching up on the current Runaways/Final story arc going into Legends? Look here!
Dan
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer
Characters Handled: Dan Bennett

Postby Dan » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:13 am

Dan Bennett: “Yeah, I got a question...”

From the back, the latest triple-crown champion pipes up. Catching many people off guard, they look from Smith to Dan. They look back and find him lounging in his chair, a nonchalant look on his face as if to represent his complete lack of interest with the goings-on of the day. Noticing the attention diverting to him, even from his former partner Sabbath, he continues on.

Dan Bennett: “Actually, I have a few questions for ya, ‘boss’, but for now I’ll express my most urgent of concerns. What if, just by chance, a superstar had those precious three wins in a row but was unceremoniously thrown into a match on 20 minutes notice without having been a practicing member of the active roster?”

An audible grown echoes through the staffers on hand, but is of no consequence to the former Rated X member as he soldiers onward.

Dan Bennett: “I don’t know if you noticed this, but before Trace Demon saw it fit to throw me into the fire in place of a suspiciously-absent Chris Novak, my last three matches before that were all wins."

“One: Legends two-thousand thirteen, Austin Rentz."

“Two: Doomsday two-thousand thirteen: Keshin Jedi."

“Three: Massacre two-thousand fourteen: Ace Andrews and Angelus."

“That’s three, hoss. Although, if you’d like me to start another streak by piling up the bodies of these pathetic children seated before me then I have no problem with that. If you’d like, I can start next show. Because there’s nobody I’d rather see sweat bullets than the paper champion we have right now.”

Dan glares at the champ, Jericho Shaw, and the champ meets his gaze as the members of the XWA watch intently.

Dan Bennett: “Here’s the thing, though. If we’re going to do Dan Bennett vs. Jericho Shaw or, heaven forbid, Smith Jones, I think that a regular show or even a lesser pay-per-view won’t do. For an XWA World Heavyweight Title match involving the legendary competitor Dan Bennett, I feel the right venue for that kind of draw would be, oh I dunno, Legends two-kay-fifteen? That sounds about right to me. The only question that really, truly remains is: how many wins does it take for Dan Bennett to get to the main event at Legends?”

[OPEN]
Trace
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby Trace » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:27 pm

Trace Demon: If we’re here to talk about streaks…

Everyone goes silent as their eyes turn towards a doorway that leads down the corridor to the concession area, from which emerges the current owner of the XWA, Trace Demon. Immediately people are on edge, you never know which Trace is going to turn up nowadays.

Trace Demon: How about we talk about some of mine? Why don’t we talk about the ten match winning streak I went on? Or about the one year undefeated run I had as Hardcore Champion? How about the four hundred days plus I had holding some sort of Championship gold the entire time? Now some of you might question why I bring these up since I’m no longer an active member of the XWA. Actually, it’s not that I’m no longer an active member; it’s that I’m your boss. And all of these streaks that I have put together prove that unlike every other boss you’ve all had I know about wrestling and I know what the XWA needs and right now the XWA needs…

Trace pauses, glancing over at the new general manager of the XWA.

Trace Demon: Diamond Jack Sabbath. Now there’s no secret around these parts that me and Jack don’t exactly like each other, in fact we had a pretty fun war at one part. Hey Amy, remember me?

Amy simples glares at the man who once kidnapped her just to prove a point to her husband.

Trace Demon: Anyone, didn’t come here to run in the fact that I gave Amy the most interesting night of her life while her husband’s standing right there. I came here to tell everyone to shut the hell up and stop bitching. Sabbath’s right, this place is meant to be extreme, it’s meant to be somewhere that the best of the best can come and beat the holy hell out of each other. More importantly it’s meant to be a place where those who think they’re the best in the world can actually try and prove exactly that and you know how you do that? You do it the same way that I did my entire career. You win no matter what obstacles are put in front of you. So what Shaw, Smith, the pair of you don’t think you’re capable of winning when things get hardcore? Then get the fuck out of here because you’re not the kind of guys Jack wants around here and you’re certainly not the kind of losers I want in my company.

Both men seem about to speak up when Trace quickly cuts them off with the kind of cadence that only he can manage, controlling the flow of the situation in such a way that nobody can speak over him.

Trace Demon: See the scary thing is you two are probably the two best guys on the roster right now and yet you’re the only two pussy enough to complain about having to actually fight. And by the way, anyone claims to be the best technical wrestler in XWA again and I’ll headlock the air right out of your lungs and leave you in a puddle of your own piss on the floor because everyone knows there’s only two men capable of claiming that honour. One of them is the owner of the company and the other got old and became an announcer.

He gives a little smirk and a nod at Rose.

Trace Demon: So plain and simple the new rules stand and you can either stand up, fight and prove that you’re not just all talk or you can get the hell out of my company and I’ll replace you with some circus monkeys, or Dante Cross, basically the same thing.

[OPEN]
Sabre

Postby Sabre » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:43 am

Sabre: Winning gets rewarded. I like the sound of that...

Sabre is sitting off by himself, his surgically repaired leg propped up on the barricade. He takes a swig of his drink, then continues his thoughts.

Sabre: As someone that's been in this business for over a decade, I've seen my fair share of crazy ideas. I remember one fed I was in held a “Gladiator Match” - complete with Roman coliseum and lions – for a Hardcore title. Hopefully no one here gets an idea like that, or I may feed you to a lion myself once I'm healthy. Pretty much any thought I may have had for or against things has been mentioned already, so I will simply state my opinion, then propose a thought. I'm on board with the “three to gold” concept. However, if we're going to go all in on being hardcore, doesn't that kinda make a Hardcore Title a bit redundant? Maybe we replace that with a different belt? Just a thought...

Sabre leans back in his seat, waiting to see how his opinion is received...

[OPEN]
We put two guys up there, it's a
DOUBLE TRIPLE POWERBOMMMMMMBBBBBBB!!!!!!!

Return to “Pre-Shows and Conferences”