The Celebration | Kaida Kagome & Joey Miles CD

You might think it all ends when the last bell rings, but not in the XWA! This is your first stop to post promos, interviews and character development featuring our stars that is NOT for a current show.
Rufus
Site Admin
Characters Handled: Kaida Kagome
Troy Spencer

The Celebration | Kaida Kagome & Joey Miles CD

Postby Rufus » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:16 pm

JANUARY 31st, 2019 — 1:34 AM
A few hours after XWA Brave New World
Location: Neighborhood Inn, 11 minutes away from the Sears Centre, Hoffman Estates, IL
Music: "When My Train Pulls In" by Gary Clark Jr.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Moments after closing the show and becoming the XWA Tag Team Champions in their very first match as a tag team, Kaida Kagome and Joey Miles are taken to one of the nearest bars in the vicinity, bought out and booked by Junichi Sasaki so the new tag team champions can drink and celebrate in peace. Sitting on the stools in Neighborhood Inn are the new champions, clearly intoxicated and filled with adrenaline after making a huge statement in front of over ten thousand fans in attendance. Bottles of booze are placed next to their titles on the bar as Junichi Sasaki, Kaida’s right hand man, stands guard outside the bar. Inside, however, the intoxicated Matriarch of the Kagome Family begins to open up to the man who she defeated in her impromptu debut before deciding to accept his request to give him a chance at teaming up, much to Junichi’s chagrin. What was thought to be a comically incompatible pair ended up capturing the tag team titles on their debut as a team, and what better way to follow that up than with some good ol' fashioned drinks. As "When My Train Pulls In" by Gary Clark Jr. plays in the bar, Miles and Kagome begin to open up to each other about their past.

KAIDA KAGOME
“Yeahhhh... not how it’s usually worked out for me. I never really had many people looking out for me. Don’t get me wrong, Junichi-san has supported me and helped dominate the “Yakuza food chain” back home. Shit, it’s thanks to him that I’ve got this fluent English to begin with. But... ever since I lost to Jerod, Junichi’s been skeptical. He may just show some passive aggression every now and then, but I know he’s boiling on the inside. I just can’t put my finger on what it is.”

Kagome lingers on that thought for a bit, but she shrugs it off and downs whatever's left of the whiskey in her glass.

JOEY MILES
"Eh, Junichi just kinda strikes me as a total tight-ass. But, he's still your right hand man from what I've gathered. I see the other people in your crew as well, everyone seems loyal to you. Like the younger lookin' girl. What's her name?"

KAIDA KAGOME
“Kimiko-o’nii-chan[my little sister Kimiko], I practically raised her. She was, uh, abandoned. An orphan. I took her in. Tried to keep her away from the ugly side of my life but nah. Little Kimiko always wanted to be like big sister Kaida. Despite my efforts, she still followed in my footsteps. I tried."

Joey, with a glass of booze in his hand, nods as he listens intently.

KAIDA KAGOME
"The thing is, looking out for you, having you look out for me tonight... I loved that. I actually loved that. I think... I genuinely forgot how it felt to have someone that you know will be there for you. Kimiko, she’s always been there for me. Not the Kagome leader, but she’s been there for Kaida, for her big sister. But with you... it’s different. I can be myself, something I haven’t been in I don’t even know how long. I don’t have to think about how I’m disappointing my little sister by dragging her down with me, putting her in danger because of the way I live my life. I don’t get that with you. I just get... the good.”

After the surprisingly vulnerable and heartfelt statement from the leader of the Kagome Family, she and Joey smile at each other as he pats her on the back, showing his appreciation.

KAIDA KAGOME
“I dunno. Hope I’m not just drunkenly rambling right now. What I’m trying to say is: thank you. Arigato-na, Joey-kun. You had my back and you better believe I’ll have yours. I hope you understand why I never show this side, by the way. It always takes a few drinks and even then, I’m more likely to end up pulling somebody’s teeth out with pliers than to open up about how I’m feeling. It’s what everyone expects from the big bad Yakuza lady.”

JOEY MILES
"Yeah, I get it. I mean, the situation is pretty much the complete opposite for me, but I get it. You have these high expectations, given your position, and you want to live up to them. For me, ehh ... My brother had the high expectations. He was always the one my dad was proud of. He was the one who broke out into wrestling and made the family name proud. Didn't matter that he was one of the world's biggest assholes. He could wrestle. There were never any of the same expectations for me because all of the focus went to him."

Still staying focused on everything Joey's saying, Kaida grabs the bottle of whiskey and refills her glass. She places the bottle back on the bar before grabbing the glass.

KAIDA KAGOME
"Weird, considering what I just saw in the ring with you. I had high expectations and you delivered."

JOEY MILES
"When he got signed to 2WWF, I got brought in to commentate on his name alone. And I knew I'd never have the same respect that he got, so I just said fuck it. Go out there, be funny, make some dumb comments. Entertain the people, y'know? Nobody's gonna take me seriously anyway, but maybe I could gain some popularity for the funny antics. And I did. It was never enough to impress Matt or our dad, though. They always hated me. And I don't just mean the disappointed family member hate, I mean they HATED me. Like, fucking Tyrion being a disgrace to Tywin because he was a dwarf hate."

KAIDA KAGOME
"Well yeah, but we all know Tyrion's the best though."

Joey is amused by Kaida quickly picking up on his reference before continuing to open up to her.

JOEY MILES
"I was always the family disgrace. Well, me and Alicia, I guess. They didn't like her, either. She had some problems and, honestly, I've spent years hating her because I thought she was just like them, but, honestly, I've looked back and realized I was remembering it wrong. She always was the one who was there for me, not just despite how they felt about me, but in spite of it, and that's partially why they treated her like me. I wish I had realized that back then. We could've been the failures together, rather than me lumping her in with those assholes."

Kaida takes a quick shot from her glass before placing it on the bar, stopping for a moment before letting out a deep sigh.

JOEY MILES
"But hey, me and Alicia are still kicking, Matt and dad aren't. The only reason I wish they were still alive is so they could see me now. I've been improving for years, but right now is what I would've wanted them to see, because of you. You've sorta done exactly what Alicia did for me as a child. While everyone else was doubting me and treating me like I was nothing, you took a chance on me. You believed in what I can do, and look what we did together? I've put in more effort and worked harder these last few months than I ever have in my entire life and that's been because I have someone who actually supports me right now. And, unlike with Alicia, I realize it as it's happening. I appreciate everything you've done for me, sincerely. And you can always count me on to return the favor. We're gonna dominate, together, for a very long time."

"Fighting Gold" smile at each other before Joey lifts his glass up in the air, prompting Kaida to do the same. They bang their glasses against each other before downing their drinks.

JOEY MILES
"Oh! I'm thinking of selling that shirt, by the way. I saw some people in the crowd laughing at it. That's gonna make some good money."

Kaida nods, agreeing with her partner's million dollar idea. She reaches over for the bottle of whiskey once more, pouring whatever's left of it into her glass. After sharing a heartfelt moment together, a mysterious deep voice is heard from the background.

???
“Well well. Look who’s gettin’ all buddy-buddy with the most disgusting parasite I’ve ever seen in my entire life.”

Kaida’s grip over her bottle of whiskey, as well as her glass, tighten. Any more pressure and her glass may begin to crack. Joey looks over his shoulder to find Troy Spencer, a man he hasn’t been in the same room with in eight years. Back then, Joey was a commentator and Troy was a beloved champion. But the past eight years brought about a lot of change.

TROY SPENCER
“I knew I'd find you here, you drunks. Hey Jojo. I could fuckin’ swear Kaida told me she didn’t see anything coming out of your proposal to team up with her. Guess she was wrong, huh? Or she's a manipulative liar.”

Kaida doesn’t move. Her tight grips over her glass and bottle of liquor are maintained as she continues to present her back to Troy. Joey, on the other hand, turns his body around to face the big man while remaining on his chair, staring directly through Troy in case he decides to pull something. As the tension worsens, Junichi runs into the bar, but is quickly shut down by Troy Spencer who simply gives him a look that’s worth a thousand threats. With Kaida’s right hand man at bay, Spencer turns his attention back to the newly crowned tag team champions.

TROY SPENCER
“Yeaaaah. You guys got the titles. Big whoop, whoohoo! Not that I care though. You see, all I care about is what I hired this little lady here to do in the first place. Hunt down the “ELITE” for me. Those fucking piece of shit has-beens. She's my exterminator. Trim the fat for me so I can come back and find me some real competition. But I guess she’s not very good at following orders, eh? Never has been. It’s funny, YOUR dumbass was mentioned to Kaida by me when we agreed that she’d debut in XWA. I recall her being excited over the idea of being able to kick your commentator ass.”

Joey finds his fist clenching, as a scowl begins to appear on his face.

TROY SPENCER
“What would I know, though, right? I’m only the reason she’s even doing this to begin with. And due to that, I think I’m getting sick of the delays, Kagome. I need you... to continue going after... those goddamned...”

Spencer pauses mid-sentence, his eyes now locked onto Joey as he continues to cockily strut his way over to Kaida. Joey, with his partner in between them, continues to stare a hole through the “Vigilante”.

TROY SPENCER
“...got a problem, you little shit?”

Kaida, at this point, downs what’s left of her drink as she senses that Troy and Joey are about to throw hands, and before their situation can escalate any further, Kaida decides to interject by tightening her grip over the bottle of whiskey before smashing it against the edge of the bar, swiftly turning to face the large man while quickly positioning the sharp ends of the smashed bottle against his neck.

KAIDA KAGOME
“Oi, boke[hey, asshole]. I’m only saying this once to you so you better listen close and you better listen hard.”

Despite the extreme situation he finds himself in, Troy is unphased. He simply smirks at Kaida as her face has never looked any more serious than it does at this very moment. Kaida grabs the collar of Troy’s shirt and tugs on it ever so slightly, inching the sharp glass closer and closer to his neck. Troy’s smirk only widens.

KAIDA KAGOME
“Our deal is done. I’m not your fucking errand girl and I sure as shit ain’t someone you can talk to the way you were earlier and expect to get away with it. But since we have— no, HAD a business relationship at one point, I’ll let you off with a warning. Don’t ever contact me again. Don’t ever approach me again. If you wanna go ahead and make your return, that’s your goddamned business. But don’t you ever look for me or any of my associates again. Understand? Oh, and Joey Miles here? This applies to him as well. He’s my partner. My friend. You come near him, and I swear, I will fucking end you.”

Troy says nothing in response. His smirk grows wider, but nothing comes out of his mouth. Having said what she’s been wanting to say for months, Kagome pushes Spencer away, causing him to stumble a few steps away from her and her partner. With the broken bottle in hand, she stands in front of Joey, widening her stance. If Troy wants to get to Joey, he's going through her.

TROY SPENCER
“You’re making a mistake... you’ll regret this. Mark my words, little girl.”

KAIDA KAGOME
“GET HIM THE FUCK OUTTA HERE, JUNICHI!”

JUNICHI SASAKI
“Alright, let’s go, Spencer.”

TROY SPENCER
“Don’t fucking touch me.”

Spencer pushes Junichi out of the way and storms out of the bar. Kaida, full of adrenaline and rage, holds onto the broken bottle while facing the door. Her breathing stabilizes however, as Miles takes a deep breath before placing a hand on his partner's shoulder, attempting to calm her down.

JOEY MILES
"Don't worry. If he ever shows his fucking face again, we'll deal with him. Together."

End
Beautiful signature courtesy of the wonderful DaveyBoy!
Rufus
Site Admin
Characters Handled: Kaida Kagome
Troy Spencer

Re: The Celebration | Kaida Kagome & Joey Miles CD

Postby Rufus » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:21 pm

This was co-written with Gopher. I've been sitting on this for so damn long and it feels great to finally post it. Feedback and overall thoughts would be greatly appreciated as this is one of my favorite segments I've ever done.
Beautiful signature courtesy of the wonderful DaveyBoy!
DaveyBoy
Characters Handled: David Michaels

Postby DaveyBoy » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:41 pm

Writing = on point.
Tone = on point.
Music = beyond on point.
Setting = on point.
Troy Spencer = on point asshole.

Superb work, from both of you. I have to say, the music really helped set the tone for me, as I can struggle with that when reading (because I'm an idiot), but I just got that old-bar drinking feel right away when I put that on. I can see why you are proud of this and rightfully so. Give me more.

Also, stop making me like Joey. This timeline is confusing me.

Excellent.
Abdel

Postby Abdel » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:01 am

KAIDA KAGOME
"The thing is, looking out for you, having you look out for me tonight... I loved that. I actually loved that.

FHOAIFHAGOIAHGAVBA WHY YOU GOTTA HIT ME WITH THE FEELS FUCK JOEY MILES
Abdel

Postby Abdel » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:10 am

I really love this piece. It just flows so smoothly. Almost makes you feel like you're watching a scene from a movie, that's how incredibly well-written it is. Everything reads so natural. Amazing stuff.