'New Found Glory' [Austin Carter and A.J. Morales] (Post-Massacre 48)

You might think it all ends when the last bell rings, but not in the XWA! This is your first stop to post promos, interviews and character development featuring our stars that is NOT for a current show.
Jessi
XWA World Tag Team Champion
XWA World Tag Team Champion
Characters Handled: Austin Carter

'New Found Glory' [Austin Carter and A.J. Morales] (Post-Massacre 48)

Postby Jessi » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:00 pm

As Massacre comes to a close and the crowd files out of the battlezone, we view Laura Stark backstage, searching for her fiance. She stops one of the crew members to ask for some help.

LAURA STARK:
Hey, Carson. Have you seen Austin anywhere?

CARSON:
Not since before his match, sorry.

LAURA STARK:
Okay, thank you.

She moves forward--- CRASH! She stops her movements, trying to see where the noise came from. CRASH! She hears it again and immediately identifies the direction of which the sound is coming from. She stops in front of a door, hearing the muffled sounds of a man shouting.

??? (muffled):
I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS! I CAN'T FUCKING BELIEVE THIS!

Laura recognizes the voice belonging to that of her fiance. She doesn't bother knocking, entering the room to see a very frustrated Austin Carter sitting with his back against the locker. He looks up at Laura then looks back at the wall.

AUSTIN CARTER:
I feel like a total failure, L. I come back and win the title that's taken me three years to capture and then… Poof, gone. *snaps* Just like that.

LAURA STARK:
You are not a failure, Al. It's clear to everyone that it was a mistake on the referee's part. You kicked out!

AUSTIN CARTER:
Did I? God damnit, Stark, I'm second guessing myself here! I've been thinking so much about it that I can't even remember if I got the shoulder up or not.

Laura goes to say something but she's interrupted by a knock on the door. A second or two later, the door opens a bit, and A.J. Morales pokes his head in.

A.J. MORALES:
You OK, hermano?

AUSTIN CARTER:
No, not really. You, both of you were the ones who convinced me to come back and this is what happens my second night back? I call bullishit.

A.J. steps into the room and closes the door behind him.

A.J. MORALES:
But look what happened on your first! You went up against an undefeated double-champ and won! You made it farther into the tournament than me! You don’t seriously think that undoes it all, do you?

AUSTIN CARTER:
Honestly, no. I feel like all that doesn't even matter now. I should've done more, I should've been better. Even if the referee's made a mistake, I'm not champion anymore. I came and all it was, was a whole bust.

A.J. MORALES:
You’re not a bust, Austin. You just had some bad luck tonight. And hell, with the call being that close, you could probably spin it into a rematch once the title and the tournament aren’t tied up together, right?

AUSTIN CARTER:
I guess...

A.J. comes a little closer and puts his hand on Austin’s shoulder reassuringly.

A.J. MORALES:
You will be a champion again. I know it. Hell, you could be one again right now if you want.

AUSTIN CARTER:
What are you talking about, A.J.?

A.J. starts backing up, giving Austin a bit of a mischievous grin...

A.J. MORALES:
I’ve been talking something over with Minka and Michelle. Could be a big deal if we play our cards right.

A.J. turns to open the door, then looks back over his shoulder.

A.J. MORALES:
But you’re not gonna find out what it is by just sitting there. C’mon, follow me.

Austin furrows his brows at A.J. in confusion. He then hesitantly gets up from his seat and follows A.J. and Laura out of the dressing room.

[END]

"ALROIGHT MATE OIM A GEEZER INNIT, AHM GOIN THE PUB. LUV ME BIG BEAUTIFUL BRITISH BOLLOCKS AND
ME QUEEN GOOOODDD SAAAVVVVVEEEEEE OOOOOOUUUURRRRR QUUUUEEEEEENNNN

Tea." - DJS, 2018

Return to “Beyond The BattleZone”