Place: Vespertine's San Francisco apartment
(Vespertine sits on the bay window ledge seat looking at her phone. As the camera pans around, behind her sits a huge entertainment center with a few HDTVs and huge surround sound speakers. On either side of the entertainment center is a potted bonsai tree.)
(As we come in, Vespertine is talking on her cell phone with someone. Let's catch it....)
V: Hey Scarlet. (pause as the person on other end talks) Yes. It has been a long time. (pause) No, sorry about that. I couldn't make it. Yep, back into the wrestling circuit. (pause) No, a new federation called Xtreme Wrestling Alliance. (pause) Hold on, I need to put you on a speaker phone. (pause. SHe laughs then pushes a button) Ok go on.
Scarlet: Well the other day, he went out and just suddenly forgot what he was going for.
V: Dude, girl, your dad is a kick. Love him. How's mom.
V: Oh... sorry. How did it happen and when?
Scarlet: Naw, don't be. Her cancer was in an advanced stage. She didn't want to keep living. So we disconnected her tube. About 6 months ago. I think you just called the week before.
V: Oh... right. You can do that?
Scarlet: Yeah, Korea is not like America. We get that option if we want it. We don't have a guilty conscious. We don't have protesters to go through. We don't need a lot of paperwork to get it done either. We just do. Usually the doctor's are ok with it.
V: That's awesome?
Scarlet: Not if you have to be the one pulling the plug on your own mother. But dad is in no condition to make that call.
V: Yeah. That's true. But you have been gaining power since you took over the reigns from him. Is he happy with the job you have been doing?
Scarlet: I think so. He doesn't tell me. But his men seem to like me so they follow. Which on that note, I'm assuming you need something otherwise this isn't just a social call.
V: We've been friends for how long now? Why can't this be just a social call?
Scarlet: I've known you how long now? You don't call me at this hour for a social call. You call me during these odd times when you really need something.
(pause, long, pregnant. Silence extends)
Scarlet: Ok. How bad is it? What's she or he like? Do you need the Hand again?
V: I was thinking more along the lines of the Five Fingers. I mean she is a Matriarch of her clan, she carries a katana blade to the ring and she has a Yakuza family backing her up.
Scarlet: How Yakuza are we talking here?
V: She has the whole dragon tattoo deal all up and down her back.
V: Dead on.
Scarlet: Damn! Yes. They aren't currently on a mission. I was just about to assign them to take out an enemy of mine but yeah, sounds like you need them more.
(Pause, silence. Then.)
Scarlet: How long this time?
V: I have no idea how long this feud will extend too. I can pay you if you need me too.
Scarlet: For you Vesey, anything. But if it's longer than 6 months and the job is still going, well we'll talk about that when we get to it.
V: You are the best my sweet. (pause, change of subject) Don't you miss America? San Francisco. Tenderloin District. Saturday Nights downtown.
Scarlet: The only thing about America that I miss, is our trips to the Raves on Saturday nights that were down in Little Italy and the Castro. I miss you Vesey, I really do. But my family has need of me and dad's business can't manage without a head. I'm that head now. If you need me to come visit, I can but I can't stay long. Besides, you have Five Fingers coming and you haven't visited me yet. Not for a few years at least.
V: Yeah, sorry about that, busy with Kenji and Geisha and wrestling and my band. Dad's opening a new restaurant out in Phoenix. Mom is heading a new project at Apple so can't go with dad. So dad needs me to come along and see all is ok with the opening.
Scarlet: No worries. Just as long as I can be of help to an old friend (pause) Hey gotta go. Business line is lighting up. Say hello to the folks for me.
V: Will do. See ya Scar. Love you much.
(The phone clicks off and we see her chew absently on her phone top staring out the window at the Bay Bridge, probably remembering what she and Scarlet did together when they were kids.)
You might think it all ends when the last bell rings, but not in the XWA! This is your first stop to post promos, interviews and character development featuring our stars that is NOT for a current show.
- Posts: 57
- Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:06 am
- Location: San Francisco, Ca
- Characters Handled: Vespertine
- Getting Started
- News & Announcements
- The XWA Handbook
- Sign your Contract
- Show Schedule
- XWA Massacre
- XWA Supershows (2018)
- XWA Massacre (2010-2015 Run)
- XWA on Pay Per View (2010-2015)
- XWA Supershows (2016)
- XWA Supershows (2017)
- Live on The Xperience
- I'm calling YOU out!
- Get in the ring!
- Content Feedback
- The Xperience Archive
- Archive: 2010
- Massacre: 2010 Episodes
- Lord of the Ring 2010 (PPV)
- Hardcore Halloween 2010 (PPV)
- Xmas Kaos 2010 (PPV)
- Archive: 2011
- Massacre: 2011 Episodes
- A Night of Appreciation for Mr. West (PPV)
- XWA Legends 2011 (PPV)
- XWA Intensity (Free Special)
- The Grand Prix (PPV)
- The Extra Spectacular Hutton Brown Extravaganza (PPV)
- Hardcore Halloween 2011 (PPV)
- Xmas Kaos 2011 (PPV)
- Archive: 2012
- Massacre: 2012 Episodes
- XWA Primetime (Special)
- XWA Evolution (PPV)
- XWA Legends 2012 (PPV)
- The Extra Spectacular Hutton Brown Extravaganza...Again (PPV)
- HardKore Halloween 2012 (PPV)
- Archive: 2013
- Massacre: 2013 Episodes
- Genesis: 2013 Episodes
- XWA Kaos (PPV)
- March To Legends (PPV)
- XWA Legends '13 (PPV)
- Lord of the Ring 2013 (PPV)
- Doomsday (PPV)
- Battle At The Garden (PPV)
- Xmas Kaos 2013 (PPV)
- Archive: 2014
- Massacre: 2014 Episodes
- Genesis: 2014 Episodes
- Whisper's War (PPV)
- XWA Legends In London (PPV)
- Revenge (PPV)
- XWA on a Pole (PPV)
- Hardcore Renaissance (PPV)
- Archive: 2015
- Massacre: 2015 Episodes
- Lord of the Ring 2015 (PPV)
- Pathway to Destiny (PPV)
- XWA Legends 2015 (PPV)
- Winner Takes All (PPV)
- Archive: 2016
- Massacre: 2016 Episodes
- Massacre #1: A New Beginning
- Massacre #2: A Television Champion Crowned
- Massacre #3: Long Live The (Latino) King
- Massacre #4: BattleZone Goes Fourth
- The XWA Lives
- The Good, the Bad and the XWA
- XWA: Once Upon a Time in Mexico
- XWA on a Pole
- XWA Lord of the Ring Part I: The Journey Begins!
- XWA Lord of the Ring Part II: The Finals!
- XWA: On Stranger Tides
- XWA '89
- XWA Face Off
- XWA Legends
- Archive: 2017
- Massacre: 2017 Episodes
- Massacre #5: New Years Resolutions
- Massacre #6: Last Day In The City
- Massacre #7: Dos Campos de Piratininga
- Massacre #8: XWA Ou Morte
- Massacre #9: Go Outback!
- Massacre #10: This House Is on Fire
- Massacre #11: Ocean Excursion
- Massacre #12: The Boat That Rocked
- Massacre #13: Road to The Lord of the Ring
- Massacre #14: Lord of the Ring Part I
- Massacre #15: Lord of the Ring Part II
- Massacre #16: Lord Of The Ring Part III
- Massacre #17: Kingdom Come
- Massacre #18: Don't Look Back In Anger
- Massacre #19: The Gods Must Be Crazy
- Massacre #20: Jewel of the Gods
- Massacre #21: The Road to Legends
- XWA: Untouchable
- Creature from the XWA!
- XWA: If You Want Blood
- XWA On A Boat
- XWA: BAKA GAIJIN!
- XWA: The Frozen North
- XWA: Fools' Gold
- District XWA
- XWA With A Vengeance
- XWA Legends
- Archive: 2018
- Massacre: 2018 Episodes
- Massacre #22: The Piledriver Award Ceremony
- Massacre #23: A Year To Remember
- Massacre #24: Gucci Gucci
- Massacre #25: #TTC2 Week One
- Massacre #26: #TTC2 Week Two
- Massacre #27: The #TTC2 Final!
- Massacre #28: First Month of Spring
- Massacre #29: A Semester's End
- Massacre #30: Beach Break!
- Massacre #31: #LOTR2018 Week One!
- Massacre #32: #LOTR2018 Week Two!
- Massacre #33: #LOTR2018 Week Three!
- Massacre #34: Back to the Basics
- Massacre #35: Gold Upon Gold
- Massacre #36: Bon Voyage
- Massacre #37: Battleship
- Massacre #38: Chase For the Championship!
- Massacre #39: Another Year's End
- XWA Homecoming
- XWA and the City of Island Hills
- XWA On A Pole
- XWA: No Mans Land
- Worlds Collide
- XWA Lord of the Ring: The Final
- XWA On A Boat
- XWA: Face Your Demons!
- XWA Legends
- Old Results
- XWA Monthly Supershows
- XWA on Television
- XWA Massacre (TV)
- XWA Genesis (TV)
- XWA On PPV
- Abridged Results
- Hardcore 24/7!
- XWA Insider
- Beyond The BattleZone
- Legends: All Access!
- WrestleCon 2012
- "XWA Lounge" Archive
- The Eye of the Storm
- Pre-Shows and Conferences
- Unbound with Laura Stark
- Enhancement Talent
- XWA '89 Competitors
- Hall Of Fame Inductees
- Tag Teams and Factions
- Inactive Tag Teams and Factions
- Annual Piledriver Awards
- Previous Years
- Piledriver Awards 2011
- Piledriver Awards 2012
- Piledriver Awards 2013
- Piledriver Awards 2014
- Piledriver Awards 2015
- Piledriver Awards 2016
- Title Histories
- Past XWA Championships
- Discussion Zone
- XWA Zone
- Polling Booth
- View From The Top Rope
- Brand Warfare
- The Wrestling Prediction League
- No Holds Barred!
- Take it outside!
- Artist's corner
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest