Oz in Aus: A Character Development

You might think it all ends when the last bell rings, but not in the XWA! This is your first stop to post promos, interviews and character development featuring our stars that is NOT for a current show.
Jessi
Characters Handled: Austin Carter
Trevor Miller
Axton Pierce (only for LOTR)

Oz in Aus: A Character Development

Postby Jessi » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:00 pm

This CD is based on Austin's foolishness on Twitter a couple weeks ago, please enjoy.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANNA MATHEWS
Behind you, Buttercup.

AUSTIN CARTER
OH MY GOD!

Austin nearly jumps from his skin. Up to this point, he was the only person in his home.

AUSTIN CARTER
Wh- whatareyou… When? How?

ANNA MATHEWS
Oh, come on Ozzo. Forget I was a Time Lord?

AUSTIN CARTER
But where's the… thingy?

ANNA MATHEWS
The TARDIS is… in your bathroom, the guest bathroom to be exact. You should probably get that fixed.

AUSTIN CARTER
Wha-

ANNA MATHEWS
No worries. Think of it as her way of getting revenge for that one time you took an unnecessarily huge dump in the bathroom and didn't clean up after yourself.

AUSTIN CARTER
THAT WAS AN ACCIDENT!

ANNA MATHEWS
Grandson, you missed th-

AUSTIN CARTER
Why are we talking about this?!

ANNA MATHEWS
I don't know. Anyways, are you ready?

AUSTIN CARTER
For?

ANNA MATHEWS
I came to take you to Australia.

Austin looks to Anna confused.

ANNA MATHEWS
Kangaroo wrestling for Laura's heart? How could you forget, we just tweeted of this.

AUSTIN CARTER
Well, I didn't think you were actually gonna come…

ANNA MATHEWS
Oh, Austin, you doubt your grandmama so…

She says while grabbing his face and squeezing his cheeks.

AUSTIN CARTER
Was that necessary?

ANNA MATHEWS
Yes, yes it was.

She goes to leave for the guest bathroom. She stops realizing that Austin is not following her.

ANNA MATHEWS
Are you not coming?

AUSTIN CARTER
Well, hold on… I gotta go change. I promised that I was gonna wear the Kangaroo onesie I bought.

Austin heads out of one room and into another. We'll give him a couple minutes, he's probably struggling to get into the fit.

ANNA MATHEWS
You know you could've changed in the Tardis, right?

She shouts.

AUSTIN CARTER
Just give me a minute!

Moments later, he comes out of the room, donning his onesie. Anna can't help but do what any other grandmother would do: Take unsuspecting pictures.

ANNA MATHEWS
Oh, my goodness. Look how handsome my grandson is…

*FLASH*

AUSTIN CARTER
Are you seri-

*FLASH*

AUSTIN CARTER
At least turn off the…

*FLASH*

AUSTIN CARTER
… flash.

ANNA MATHEWS
Oh sorry.

They make their way to the bathroom where the TARDIS is parked. Anna makes her way to the console with Austin not far behind.

ANNA MATHEWS
Now, I know what your thinking…

AUSTIN CARTER
No you don't.

ANNA MATHEWS
It's bigger on the inside...

AUSTIN CARTER
I've been here before.

ANNA MATHEWS
… What?! Oh, right.

Anna continues to get everything ready for the trip as Austin walks up, down and around the console room.

AUSTIN CARTER
So what happens? Is there a seat I sit in? Seatbelts?

ANNA MATHEWS
Hmm… what?

AUSTIN CARTER
Oh, nothing. Just do what you have to do.

And with that Anna presses on a few buttons.

ANNA MATHEWS
Brace yourself.

AUSTIN CARTER
Wha-

Anna pulls a lever and stamps her feet a couple times for good measure as whirring noises begin to sound. And she's off, flying into Time and Space. Inside the Tardis, both Anna and Austin feel the violent shaking from the inside, but Austin feels the worst of it because dumbass didn't brace.

AUSTIN CARTER
… oww.

Fucking idiot.

Another sound is heard, the ship seems to have landed because the aggressive rocking has ceased.

ANNA MATHEWS
And… we have arrived!

Back to the dumbass on the floor, who crawls towards the stair railings as he uses them to get up to a vertical base.

AUSTIN CARTER
A warning would've been nice…

ANNA MATHEWS
I gave one! I said, “Brace Yourself”.

AUSTIN CARTER
…well I didn't hear you.

ANNA MATHEWS
And what happened?

AUSTIN CARTER
I- I fell…

ANNA MATHEWS
Exactly. Now come on, we're here.

AUSTIN CARTER
That was…

Anna opens the door to reveal the Outback.

AUSTIN CARTER
… fast.

Austin steps out of the phonebox and onto the deserted landscape.

ANNA MATHEWS
So… I'll pick you up at around 2, cool?

AUSTIN CARTER
Wait what?!

And in an instant, Anna and the Tardis disappear, leaving Ozzo all alone. He turns and walks forward, beginning to explore the vast, remote interior of Australia.

AUSTIN CARTER
I really should've thought this outfit out. A onesie in 70 plus degree weather? Austin, you fucking genius.

Austin multi-tasks by walking and tweeting at the same time, letting the people know what is about to gonna go down. As he continues on, he spots his target in the distance. Before he can get close enough his phone begins to ring. The caller ID reads a single initial, the letter L followed by the eyes emoji. He answers.

AUSTIN CARTER
Hey ba-

LAURA STARK
Please tell me your kidding.

AUSTIN CARTER
Kidding about what?

LAURA STARK
Wrestling a kangaroo, Austin! What else would I be talking about?

AUSTIN CARTER
Well, uhm, I don't know.

LAURA STARK
What do you mean you don't know?! Where are you?!

AUSTIN CARTER
Outback.

LAURA STARK
The restaurant, right?

AUSTIN CARTER
No, the actual thing.

LAURA STARK
HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET THERE!

AUSTIN CARTER
A phone box.

LAURA STARK
Austin, I swear if this is one of yo-

AUSTIN CARTER
Hold on, babe. I think I've been spotted.

LAURA STARK
Then don't look at it! Get away from it!

AUSTIN CARTER
It's ok, I'm not that close.

LAURA STARK
Don't even think about getting closer…

Austin ignores Laura's request and moves in closer.

LAURA STARK
Austin, you are not slick, I heard you moving…

AUSTIN CARTER
What if it likes me, ya know? And makes me it's baby child?

LAURA STARK
Pretty sure that's not going to happen…

AUSTIN CARTER
But what if it does and th-

Austin stops. He's close enough to the kangaroo to see it's every move. Currently, he and the animal are having a staring contest.

LAURA STARK
Austin? Austin, what's happening?

AUSTIN CARTER
Is it bad to have a staring contest with a Kangaroo?

LAURA STARK
Why are you whispering?

AUSTIN CARTER
I don't want to be loud…

LAURA STARK
That's not going to matter if it has sensitive hearing.

AUSTIN CARTER
How do you know that?!

LAURA STARK
Google. What? It may not seem like it but I'm actually worried for you right now.

AUSTIN CARTER
Laura… It's hopping towards me… LAURA! I'M BEING TOTALLY SERIOUS THIS TIME!

LAURA STARK
I know you are smart enough to not stick around…

AUSTIN CARTER
Permission to hang up and start running?

LAURA STARK
Permission granted.

AUSTIN CARTER
Cool.

He hangs up the phone and bolts towards the way he came in. The Kangaroo isn't far behind.

AUSTIN CARTER
I don't want this anymore!

In the distance, he sees the TARDIS returning.

AUSTIN CARTER
It's not even three yet.

Out of the phonebox comes the returning Anna Matthews. She covers the sun using her hand as a visor and spots Austin running towards her.

ANNA MATHEWS
Aww, look how my grandson runs to greet his grandmother.

She keeps looking and out in the distance she notices the kangaroo chasing her grandson.

ANNA MATHEWS
… well that explains things.

AUSTIN CARTER
Start the Tardis! Start the fucking Tardis!

Anna complies with his demand, rushing into the TARDIS, leaving the door open for Austin. She pushes some buttons to set the next destination. Austin runs in, closing the door behind him, he leans against it as one would do to prevent something/someone from coming in.

ANNA MATHEWS
Brace Yourself… Seriously this time.

Austin heads to the stairs, taking a seat while gripping the railing. She pulls the lever and the whirring noises begin again. She's off, the inside of the console room shakes just like last time, but this time she takes no victims. The second sound if heard and the rocking ceases. Unbeknownst to Austin, Anna decided to land in a place very very familiar to him.

AUSTIN CARTER
So… where are we?

ANNA MATHEWS
Laura's apartment.

AUSTIN CARTER
Wait, what.

3 minutes earlier inside of Laura's apartment, we find her in the kitchen. Music plays in the background as she innocently dances, removing a baking pan from the oven with mittens for protection. She is heard mumbling as she sings along to a song she barely knows the words to, how adorable. She places the cake on the counter and begins to cover it in frosting. She doesn't even frost half the cake before she is brought to a shock that forces her to drop her baking tool. A random phone box has appeared before her in her living room.

Back to the present now as the door of said machine opens and slowly out of it comes out non-other than Austin Carter. He looks around at first to find Laura. When he does, he's quick to rush to her side and to try to make of the situation.

AUSTIN CARTER
I can explain everything…

Laura doesn't really hear Austin's words, she's only focused on how a phone box made it into her apartment. She's not scared or anything, she's just confused is all. Just when she's about to say something, Anna comes out of the box and walks over to the pair.

ANNA MATHEWS
Why, hello! We haven't met… I think. I'm Anna.

She held out her hand, of which Laura grabs and shakes but Laura's facial expression doesn't change.

ANNA MATHEWS
Well, then. I shall be on my way, Brien probably wondering where I am.

She walks back to the TARDIS and opens the door. Before entering she looks back and addresses her grandson.

ANNA MATHEWS
I had fun today, Austin. We should do this again sometime. Remember, Grandma loves you.

She's back into the TARDIS and already gone before Austin has the chance to say anything, although he got a wave in. Even after Anna has left, both Austin and Laura continue to stare at the spot where the machine was parked.

LAURA STARK
That's not your grandmother.

AUSTIN CARTER
I know.

LAURA STARK
Does she know?

AUSTIN CARTER
God, I hope so.

Both fall silent for a few seconds. Not wanting the air to fill with awkwardness, Laura quickly returns to the baking pan on the counter and takes it up.

LAURA STARK
Cake?

Austin's attention quickly turns to the cake before him, it's like she knows the way to his heart.

AUSTIN CARTER
Ooo!

She covers his nose with frosting that she just stuck her finger in. Austin gives her a scolding look but nevertheless attempts to get the frosting off with his tongue. Laura can't help but laugh at how stupid her boyfriend looks.He tries to stretch his tongue out further to reach his nose but he fails and gives up trying.

AUSTIN CARTER
I can't do it.

LAURA STARK
I could've told you that…

AUSTIN CARTER
I COuLd’vE tOld YOu tHaT… give me that.

He steals the cake and makes his way to the living room, Laura follows and the pair indulge in cake and conversate about the happenings of the day.

[END]

"Santa will deliver no presents. I will Crown Kick him. Fuck you, small children." - DJS

Return to “Beyond The BattleZone”