Xperience Exclusive: "And Get Him To Swap Our Places..." (Layton & Fenric, Post-District XWA Promo)

You might think it all ends when the last bell rings, but not in the XWA! This is your first stop to post promos, interviews and character development featuring our stars that is NOT for a current show.
DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Social Media/GFX Handler

Xperience Exclusive: "And Get Him To Swap Our Places..." (Layton & Fenric, Post-District XWA Promo)

Postby DJS » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:32 am

On a corridor backstage in the Ticketpro Dome, the just-recently unsuccessful Layton & Fenric storm down the walk-way with Amy Taylor right next to them. There is a little bit of tension between them both, as they've been relinquished of their Tag Team Championships. Adam's furrowed brow is more furrowed and Emery has a bitter expression on her face. We catch up to them as they natter away.

ADAM FENRIC:
We lost.

EMERY LAYTON:
I know we lost, Adam.

ADAM FENRIC:
But we lost, we should not have lost.

EMERY LAYTON:
How'd you think I feel, this is the first time I lost since I came here. You lost basically all of your matches last year anywa--

He stops immediately, his glare boring into the face of Emery Layton. She puts her hands up as she stops now too. Amy turns and just listens.

EMERY LAYTON:
Okay, touchy subject, sorry. But it's okay. We just gotta...y'know, change our approach.

ADAM FENRIC:
Evidently, yes. It would appear the approach we took to this match cost us, didn't it?

EMERY LAYTON:
Oi oi oi, no need to get snippy, yeah?

ADAM FENRIC:
I cannot understand how you can be so...acquiescent with this. We have lost the Tag Team Championships! This is serious and you have absolutely no concern about this at all.

EMERY LAYTON:
How'd you know I ain't concerned? You don't know nothing about how I feel about this.

ADAM FENRIC:
I know exactly what you think about this. I know you better than you know yourself, Emery.

Em smiles and lets out a laugh. It's like she's clocking an audience that is not there and not surrounding her.

EMERY LAYTON:
Ooohohoho...oh yeah?

ADAM FENRIC:
Yes.

EMERY LAYTON:
Well I bet I know you better than you know me!

ADAM FENRIC:
Well I bet that I know you better than you think you know me better than myself.

EMERY LAYTON:
Well actually, Adam Fenric, I bet you think you know me better than I know you but I know that I know you better than you know yourself.

ADAM FENRIC:
Well I know that I know you better than you know yourself so you could NOT even dream of knowing me better than you know yourself as you do not even know me well enough to understand how to know yourself.

EMERY LAYTON:
Oh yeah? Well I know--

AMY TAYLOR:
Alright, I'm getting a headache, enough.

And now the manager extraordinaire steps forward, sighing. She expected better, and it shows.

AMY TAYLOR:
Right. So...we lost tonight, guys. It's fine. It happens. It's not a frequent thing with us, but it happens and you have to accept that fact. But I can tell you guys something, you will get another chance, because as former champions you DO have the right to a rematch clause at XWA With A Vengeance. I've already gone ahead and invoked that, I've been on the phone to Bella, it's all signed off.

ADAM FENRIC:
Excellent.

AMY TAYLOR:
But y'know...everything you guys just said there has made me aware of something. Two things actually- first off, you guys need to learn some serious team-building skills. Look at the other guys out there tonight- they were brilliant examples of teamwork and you guys fell prey to that.

EMERY LAYTON:
You're telling me.

AMY TAYLOR:
But we can work on that and we can take this match as an opportunity to do that. But the second thing here- you guys think you know how the other person works, you know the other person...so I think you guys should have a platform to prove that.

Adam shakes his head.

ADAM FENRIC:
What do you mean 'prove'?

AMY TAYLOR:
Well Adam, it's Halloween in October. Some people go trick or treating, some people watch horror movies, a lot of people change their names to 'spooky' handles on Twitter, but others...they dress up. I believe the kids call it 'cosplay'. You guys think you know each other? Well then, you'll get a chance to prove it, as Amy Jo Smyth and Jake Rogers defend their titles against Layton & Fenric. Or rather...

She points to Adam, smiling.

AMY TAYLOR:
"Layton"...

Then she points to Emery, still smiling.

AMY TAYLOR:
And "Fenric".

ADAM FENRIC:
I don't understand.

EMERY LAYTON:
Oh...I do. Oh man...oh man I have to see that!

ADAM FENRIC:
What are you talking about? What do you mean?

AMY TAYLOR:
Adam, as a team-building exercise, at XWA With A Vengeance, you and Emery will swap roles for one night only. She will perform as Adam Fenric and you as Emery Layton.

ADAM FENRIC:
What?

Emery bounces up and down on the spot, clapping.

EMERY LAYTON:
Ahaha! I have a question. Well, two questions. First, is Adam wearing a red wig if he's gonna be me. Two, can I request Adam wear a red wig if he's gonna be me.

AMY TAYLOR:
Only if you wear the beard.

EMERY LAYTON:
It's a deal.

ADAM FENRIC:
Wha--what? No! This is preposterous. I want no part in this. It's balderdash, it's ridiculous, it's--

AMY TAYLOR:
It's a different strategy. It's unexpected. They won't know what to do with themselves. You're all about thinking outside the box, Adam.

ADAM FENRIC:
This will never work.

EMERY LAYTON:
What's the matter- you think you can't hack it as Emery Layton? I mean it's cool, many have tried, I just thought maybe you'd be different but apparently you're--

ADAM FENRIC:
That's not it. This is a ridiculous idea.

AMY TAYLOR:
Well fine. I mean I thought it'd be a good opportunity for some team-building but I mean if you don't think this is up your street then I guess I'll just call Bella back and say 'hey, they're not interested'. What do you think?

ADAM FENRIC:
No. Don't call it off.

AMY TAYLOR:
Cos if you're not gonna do this, I will cancel this match. Team-building, Adam. Prove you've learned from and ABOUT each other. Layton & Fenric can beat Amy Jo and Jake, I know you can, and if you really DO know each other as well as you do...what's so different between THIS and any other match?

Adam ping-pongs between Amy and Emery, noting no sign of agreement with his point and after a few seconds of looking back and forth, he wanders off with a frustrated grunt, leaving only Amy and Emery.

EMERY LAYTON:
Well then, this'll be fun! Right, so I got questions- can I wear the cape?

AMY TAYLOR:
Sure.

EMERY LAYTON:
What about the accent, do I have to put on the scary, Dracula voice?

AMY TAYLOR:
I don't see why not...

And as they trail off, we fade out!
New to XWA? Need management? Look no further...

Return to “Beyond The BattleZone”