So...NFL Anyone?

Life! Sports! Movies! Video Games! Things! Whatever you wanna talk about that isn't about wrestling or the XWA, this is the place to do it! Anything goes...just don't be a dick.
XxChronoTrigxX
Supreme XWA Champion
Supreme XWA Champion

So...NFL Anyone?

Postby XxChronoTrigxX » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:49 am

So I noticed there was no topic for the new season of the football season. What are everyone's thoughts? If you' are me, you are excited. Then again, I'm an Eagles fan just glad to be winning for a little while. But who knows what we'll be in the next four weeks.

Dan
Lord of the Ring Participant
Characters Handled: Dan Bennett

Re: So...NFL Anyone?

Postby Dan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:40 pm

My team has lost their last 5 games by a grand total of 13 points, including two overtime losses. I won't be talking about the NFL this year. :sdry:
XxChronoTrigxX
Supreme XWA Champion
Supreme XWA Champion

Postby XxChronoTrigxX » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:15 am

Sorry to hear that mate :(

Shockingly enough, my Eagles are actually in first place in the entire NFL. :O I just hope they don't break my heart this year like every other time.

Dan

Postby Dan » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:26 am

I hope they keep kicking ass, mainly cos I have Wentz, Ertz, and Jake Elliott on my fantasy team this year :shappy:
Dan

Postby Dan » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:47 am

So... Am I the only one thinking Jimmy Garropolo is gonna be a stud? He's looking pretty good now with an awful 49ers team around him, I hope we can build a dynasty around this man because as good as he's playing with marginal players around him, he should look elite with good players.
JakeRogers
XWA World Television Champion
XWA World Television Champion

Postby JakeRogers » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:00 pm

Jimmy G has certainly impressed. A good QB can sometimes work miracles, although there are many other factors to consider as well.
Trubisky, I think for example, has great potential but he seems stunted by a rather weak OC, and little help from his receivers who are either injured or can't get open consistently enough fro him to make big plays. His ability and athleticism however, seem amazing at times.

But yeah if Garoppolo can keep performing consistently then he can certainly turn into a very good QB. I'd like to see that, always had a lot of sympathy for the guy while he was with the Pats.
Dan

Postby Dan » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:50 pm

JakeRogers wrote:Trubisky, I think for example, has great potential but he seems stunted by a rather weak OC, and little help from his receivers who are either injured or can't get open consistently enough fro him to make big plays. His ability and athleticism however, seem amazing at times.

Trubisky started out kinda rocky but he has really come into his own this year in spite of the team crumbling around him. Although he has a great set of backs in the backfield with him in Jordan Howard and Tarik Cohen. Other than those two, he's really had nobody to throw to. Deonte Thompson and Kendall Wright are pretty awful starters and the offensive line is slightly less of a turnstyle than Seattle's is. Trubisky still has a lot of growing up to do in the league but he's a rookie, so he has time to master his craft. Just hope Chicago doesn't mess him up.
TheJester
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby TheJester » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:06 pm

I'm a Patriots fan and I've known Jimmy G was going to be a stud since they day they drafted him. Dude has a great arm and his decision making is off the charts, its too bad Brady is going to play forever and Jimmy can't be a Patriot but I'm still rooting for him.

Return to “No Holds Barred!”