OMG. It actually happened. *Spoiler Alert*

Whether it's what's Best for Business or...whatever TNA's doing, discuss wrestling here!
Novak84

OMG. It actually happened. *Spoiler Alert*

Postby Novak84 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:58 am

Ronda was dethroned and ko'd in Ufc 193. Discuss.

Wow. I'm in shock. I have just got into UFC and watched the most dominant female in history just walk over the competition. Now I don't know.

Side note can't wait for cm punks debut. And hope the rumours are true about him facing Jason David Frank.

Head of

THE STREAK
3-0
Maddog, Joe Delonge, Blake Jones

IT'S NOT SAD TO BE MAD.
Dan
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Re: OMG. It actually happened. *Spoiler Alert*

Postby Dan » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:38 am

Novak84 wrote:Ronda was dethroned and ko'd in Ufc 193. Discuss.

Wow. I'm in shock. I have just got into UFC and watched the most dominant female in history just walk over the competition. Now I don't know.

Side note can't wait for cm punks debut. And hope the rumours are true about him facing Jason David Frank.

I had a bad feeling abou this fight. Holm is an excellent striker and was also undefeated in MMA, and her style was a bad match for Rousey. However, I still thought Ronda was going to win. I was shocked.

Also, I don't think UFC will ever have JDF in a fight. Nothing against him, but he's too old and not enough of a draw to be worth the money he'd likely ask for. At least Punk, at age 37, is still a massive draw for the WWE crowd and the UFC fans want to see him get pounded.
styg

Postby styg » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:23 am

I have no tears for Rousey, but then tbh I think she's a pretty horrible person.
18W|2D|4L
Hardcore Champion x3 | Gladiatorial Champion | World Heavyweight Champion | first Supreme Champion
Breaker of The Streak
@sugarhardy
Canadian
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby Canadian » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:12 am

Jason David Frank is a pretty large dude, he fights at Heavyweight. In all likelihood CM Punk will fight at Middleweight.

In terms of Ronda, she has never had capable defensive striking up until this point, she had never dealt with a competitor who could angle off of her strikes. She is a hard puncher, yes, but she is a terrible boxer. Her angular work on works moving forward which she exclusively does in a straight-line. Her head, too never moves off of the centerline of her body making it an easy target for any rangey striker who can circle out ala Holm. The biggest detriment to Ronda Rousey, is that she fights with her chin exposed to the world. She is a world class athlete with a chip on her shoulder, I hops this experience is humbling for her, she is not invincible and being able to absorb strikes until you clinch is not a good game plan.

In the rematch, which will happen as soon as Ronda can I hope she prepares better. This is what happens when the dominant female fighter at the time loses, same thing happened to Gina Carano.

In a nutshell, what I am saying is that Jericho Shaw would Queenslay the shit out of Ronda Rousey and that Novak can suck it.

It'd be a nice little oddity if one day he somehow won the world title- Diamond Jack Sabbath
You gotta admit, JJJ turning heel out of nowhere would be the rage of rages.- Drake Dysfunction
Alex_Krull

Postby Alex_Krull » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:40 pm

:wgaf: Alex & Kristine Krull :wgaf:
:stongue: Join the #PushKrull movement :stongue:
theeathan

Postby theeathan » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:44 pm

Holm got tested three times before the fight and all was clean
Dan
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby Dan » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:08 pm

To say her title will be stripped is a stretch. She may be fined a little bit for choosing the wrong sponsor but other than that, she's the champ.
DGX
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby DGX » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:01 am

Honestly? To listen to Ronda speak before the fight and kind of bemoan her obligations as something only she could handle because she was the only one who wanted to and to dismiss Holm is someone in for a payday and off to buy her house in cash after her foregone loss and then to hear her talk about how her chin was just too good and she couldn't possibly be knocked out you almost knew what was coming was coming. The big issue in the fight from what I saw was she believed that enough to willingly eat those left crosses and found out she was mortal when she caught that kick. I love Ronda, she's an amazing fighter and a great gal but people in combat sports or any competitive sport really need to take a step back and realize that you are the baddest person on the planet until you're not. People never win in specific buildings or arenas until they do. Point is, there's always a point in history where that changes and somewhere in the ether of the world is somebody who is bigger, badder and stronger than you. And sooner or later that person'll find you. So you can't get in your head too much about being invincible or overly dominant or hung up on the responsibilities your crown carries. Anderson Silva was the baddest man on the planet until Chris Weidman knocked him the hell out. Matt Hughes was one of the most dominating Welterweight champions ever until a kid from Montreal he'd already beat named Georges St. Pierre got to him a second time.

Dan Bennett: And at first I smiled and just said; "Sweetheart, it's because most people are losers and have little loser babies."
Alex_Krull

Postby Alex_Krull » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:52 am

Well Joe Luis was undefeated, no one ever knocked him out... Just sayin
:wgaf: Alex & Kristine Krull :wgaf:
:stongue: Join the #PushKrull movement :stongue:
DGX
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby DGX » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:38 pm

Alex_Krull wrote:Well Joe Luis was undefeated, no one ever knocked him out... Just sayin

As was Marciano and to this point Mayweather. But in all honesty you can't really classify boxing with any kind of credibility in terms of a combat sport that isn't widely controllable. In boxing at a certain level you can pick your fights and if it's getting too hot in the ring you can lock up to break momentum and slow the fight down. Klitschko does it all the time. So you take Louis, Marciano, Mayweather or Klitschko and put them in a cage fight and while i think they'd do alright they would certainly not be undefeated.

Dan Bennett: And at first I smiled and just said; "Sweetheart, it's because most people are losers and have little loser babies."

Return to “Wrestling Chat”