TNA and the Questionable Future Thereof.

Whether it's what's Best for Business or...whatever TNA's doing, discuss wrestling here!
DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Social Media/GFX Handler

TNA and the Questionable Future Thereof.

Postby DJS » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:53 pm

Regarding Destination America possibly using their out clause with TNA at the end of September, Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez noted on the latest Wrestling Observer Radio that it's not looking good for TNA.

While nothing has been said publicly regarding TNA's future with the network, no one has given the "thumbs up" internally. TNA has taped Impact Wrestling through this next month but as of this writing, there are no October tapings scheduled. There has been talk of taping in India this November but those tapings aren't confirmed either.

At this point, it has to be a running gag as I say this at least once every year, but it seems like this time it's happening. I feel like Destination America was last chance saloon for TNA, but they've screwed to pooch on that. It's basically a shell of TNA now.

It's sort of saddening the way they've built ONE new star up properly- Ethan Carter III- and the rest have either left or aren't really in the main event picture any more, which isn't how it's supposed to be. Give WWE as much shit as you want, they know who they want as stars and know how to focus a show around someone like Seth Rollins and then keep it consistent with Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose, John Cena, Brock Lesnar, Randy Orton et all rather than TNA's ridiculous revolving-door way of booking.

Austin Aries, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, practically everyone you associate with TNA is gone now and has no likelyhood of ever returning, because the company has burned so many bridges. They might manage Hulk Hogan again now, but they'd be silly to spend whatever money they have left on him when he can't wrestle any more and the alleged comments he's made have caused what I'd see as irreparable damage.

And then you've got GFW, where I feel all of these guys who need TNA and haven't got a lot to them are going to end up because WWE sure as shit doesn't know who Robbie E or Bram are. With their TNA/GFW Invasion angle (which isn't working because who the fuck is GFW), they've already got a TNA stink on them.

My point is TNA have dug themselves into a hole and if they make it to the end of the year, I'd be very, very surprised.
New to XWA? Need management? Look no further...
Alex_Krull

Re: TNA and the Questionable Future Thereof.

Postby Alex_Krull » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:35 pm

:wgaf: Alex & Kristine Krull :wgaf:
:stongue: Join the #PushKrull movement :stongue:
styg

Postby styg » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:09 am

TNA seem to survive crisis after crisis... if nothing else, they may go down as wrestling's greatest cockroach. But if/when TNA eventually goes under, I won't be mourning a company that failed to provide its talent with a living salary or cover their medical expenses (while also essentially forbidding them from taking outside bookings for a long time), yet still demanded they take dangerous bumps and unprotected chair shots.
19W|3D|5L
Hardcore Champion x3 | Gladiatorial Champion | World Heavyweight Champion | first Supreme Champion
Breaker of The Streak
@sugarhardy
Dan
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby Dan » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:28 am

styg wrote:TNA seem to survive crisis after crisis... if nothing else, they may go down as wrestling's greatest cockroach. But if/when TNA eventually goes under, I won't be mourning a company that failed to provide its talent with a living salary or cover their medical expenses (while also essentially forbidding them from taking outside bookings for a long time), yet still demanded they take dangerous bumps and unprotected chair shots.

This.

Although I will mourn what used to be TNA. I loved the old X Division when it was hot. Back when it was the main division, not whatever WHC they had. When Team Canada was a thing. When AJ Styles was the man and Christopher Daniels and Samoa Joe were his main competition. This entity that exists now, it's not TNA. It's what is left.
Alex_Krull

Postby Alex_Krull » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:46 pm

Dan wrote:
styg wrote:TNA seem to survive crisis after crisis... if nothing else, they may go down as wrestling's greatest cockroach. But if/when TNA eventually goes under, I won't be mourning a company that failed to provide its talent with a living salary or cover their medical expenses (while also essentially forbidding them from taking outside bookings for a long time), yet still demanded they take dangerous bumps and unprotected chair shots.

This.

Although I will mourn what used to be TNA. I loved the old X Division when it was hot. Back when it was the main division, not whatever WHC they had. When Team Canada was a thing. When AJ Styles was the man and Christopher Daniels and Samoa Joe were his main competition. This entity that exists now, it's not TNA. It's what is left.

Their storylines in concept sounded good but never managed to hit the mark, the Aces & Eight thing was just nWo/Alliance/A lot of "invansion" storylines it was over done by a lot of places... I just see TNA as a wanna be WWE competition but fail at every attemp... Who could manage to take down WWE and make them improve a lot?
:wgaf: Alex & Kristine Krull :wgaf:
:stongue: Join the #PushKrull movement :stongue:
styg

Postby styg » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:06 pm

I don't think anyone will take down WWE tbh. And going off NXT I think WWE's future, post-Vince/Dunn, should be a step up. But as for who I think WWE's strongest competition will be in the coming years... I would have to say New Japan tbh. I have heard that it's the second-most watched wrestling company in the English speaking market.
19W|3D|5L
Hardcore Champion x3 | Gladiatorial Champion | World Heavyweight Champion | first Supreme Champion
Breaker of The Streak
@sugarhardy
DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Social Media/GFX Handler

Postby DJS » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:28 pm

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/758609- ... ould-do-it

Fucking heeeeelll.

I'm also hearing TNA is having actual issues funding a PPV that's actually at the end of this week. Has it ever been this bad? I'm half expecting to be able to buy this company myself at a jumble sale in Crewe by at least Friday.

Here's a song:

XxChronoTrigxX
XWA Hardcore Champion
XWA Hardcore Champion

Postby XxChronoTrigxX » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:37 pm

I hear ya man. They might finally being going under if they can't even fund their own shows. I hear they're accepting offers, so I think a large fry, a coke and six bucks will get me the company.

GrowGoyfGrow
Head of the Prediction League

Postby GrowGoyfGrow » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:12 am

Saddest news I've heard, hope Corgan can get the money together. If WWE buys TNA, that's it. Complete monopoly on the North American wrestling scene. You don't want that...
DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Social Media/GFX Handler

Postby DJS » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:00 pm

And now I'm hearing rumours the company is already sold and there have been resignations. I've also heard Dixie hasn't declared bankruptcy in order to save face.

Honestly, if this means WWE, ROH and LU can snap up these talents then what's happening is fine. Broken Matt and Brother Nero would be perfect for Lucha Underground. The problem is that TNA is a massively tainted brand, no one will ever take them seriously again. I'm at the point where I'm not sad. I would rather someone be an undiscovered gem at a random indie in the Mid South than an underutilised talent in TNA who isn't paid on time.

Return to “Wrestling Chat”