All tiem fav matches

Whether it's what's Best for Business or...whatever TNA's doing, discuss wrestling here!
Alex_Krull

All tiem fav matches

Postby Alex_Krull » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:19 pm

Gonna watch all the recommended ones here... I stopped watching wrestling since 2008 so mine are attitude era mostly.
Mine are in the following order:
1- Cactus Jack vs Triple H Royal Rumble 2000
2- Triple H vs The Rock Rebellion 1999 or Triple H vs The Rock Judgment Day 2000
3- Austin Vs The Rock Wrestlemania X-Seven
:wgaf: Alex & Kristine Krull :wgaf:
:stongue: Join the #PushKrull movement :stongue:
Dan
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Re: All tiem fav matches

Postby Dan » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:13 pm

Edge vs John Cena, New Years Revolution 2006

Chris Benoit vs. Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels, Wrestlemania XX

Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon, Wrestlemania X

CM Punk vs John Cena, Money in the Bank 2011

If I think of more I'll post again.
Danger Liam
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby Danger Liam » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:17 am

Figured I'd poke my head in as I love these kinds of discussions.

One of my all time favourite matches is Jeff Hardy vs Undertaker in a Ladder match for the WWE Championship back in 2002 for a number of reasons, it was probably one of the best raw matches of that time, the best Jeff Hardy solo match before he came back for a real solo run but mostly because it told such a perfect story of an underdog coming up short and then to top it off had a fantastic promo spot with Hardy yelling that Taker hadn't 'broke' him. It's probably only about 15 minutes if that but it was fantastic and should be watched.

Following on from Dan as well I think the Michaels/Razor Ladder Re-Match from Summer Slam doesn't get enough dues.

Come to think of it almost any ladder match is a favourite of mine.
SuperSnoopz

Postby SuperSnoopz » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:19 pm

I'm probably missing a shit ton of great matches, but here are some that come to mind:

Brock Lesnar vs. Kurt Angle - WrestleMania 19, their match in Japan and their 60 Minute Ironman match from SmackDown.
Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho - Ladder Match from Royal Rumble ... I wanna say 2001?
Cactus Jack vs. Triple H - Street Fight from Royal Rumble 2000
Benoit vs. HHH vs. Shawn - WrestleMania 20
Rey & Edge vs. Kurt & Benoit - Tag Titles Match, forgot the exact show, but it was in 2002 to decide the first tag champions of SmackDown exclusively.
Brock vs. Seth vs. Cena - Royal Rumble 2015
Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels - WrestleMania 20
Jeff Hardy vs. The Undertaker - the Ladder match Liam mentioned.
Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch - the latest NXT TakeOver special as well as the Fatal Fourway from the previous special with those two, Charlotte and Bayley.
Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker - WrestleMania 25
Elimination Chamber #1
Shawn Michaels vs. Kurt Angle - WrestleMania 21

And the most recent match that I can think of, worthy of being on a list like this: Rusev vs. Kevin Owens vs. Cesaro from RAW a few weeks back.
styg

Postby styg » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:03 pm

My favourite match of all time has to be Megumi Kudo vs Combat Toyoda, in Toyoda's retirement match. Perfect storytelling all the way through.

Honourable mentions:
* Kota Ibushi vs YOSHIHIKO.
* CM Punk vs Chris Hero, ladder match for the IWA:MS Championship.
* Nigel McGuinness vs Doug Williams, from 1PW Invincible.
* The entire series of ladder matches between the Hardys, the Dudleys and Edge & Christian, starting with the Terri Invitational final, which is hugely underrated imo.
* Sami Zayn vs Antonio Cesaro, 2/3 falls... although really their entire NXT series.
* Triple H vs Shawn Michaels vs Chris Benoit from WM... 22, was it?
* The street fight between Cactus Jack and Triple H at Royal Rumble 2000 which everyone else has already mentioned was probably the match that really opened my eyes as to what wrestling could be.

More later...
19W|3D|5L
Hardcore Champion x3 | Gladiatorial Champion | World Heavyweight Champion | first Supreme Champion
Breaker of The Streak
@sugarhardy
DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Social Media/GFX Handler

Postby DJS » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:20 pm

The Rock vs Stone Cold Steve Austin, Wrestlemania X7- a match so hellacious and close that a man had to literally go against everything he stood for to win it.

Kurt Angle vs Shane Mcmahon, King of the Ring 2001- the most underrated match of all time. Two men tearing the fuck out of each other.

Chris Jericho vs Shawn Michaels, WM XIX- People say HBKs "you still got it" match was SummerSlam with Triple H, but I disagree. This match is the best comeback match ever.

Brock Lesnar vs John Cena vs Seth Rollins, Royal Rumble 2015- Smartest booked triple threat match of all time, best match on years.

I'll update when I think of more.
New to XWA? Need management? Look no further...
styg

Postby styg » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:19 pm

Depending on what mood I'm in my favourite match of 2014 was either The Shield vs Evolution at Payback, which was plotted out absolutely flawlessly, or Archibald Peck/Mark Angelosetti/Ice Cream Jr/Shane Matthews vs Ashley Remington/Dasher Hatfield/El Hijo del Ice Cream/Scott Parker at Moonraker (yes, a 3.0 match among my favourites, I'm as surprised as you).

I haven't watched a lot of wrestling in 2015. I'm working my way through G1 Climax atm... no all time favourites yet but lots of great matches. Tetsuya Naito is absolutely destroying it right now. His matches against AJ Styles and Katsuyori Shibata are probably the highlight of the tournament for me so far. Goto/Okada, Ibushi/Shibata and Tanahashi/Naito have all been highlights too. I can't wait to see Naito/Ibushi and I've had Tanahashi/Shibata highly recommended to me.
19W|3D|5L
Hardcore Champion x3 | Gladiatorial Champion | World Heavyweight Champion | first Supreme Champion
Breaker of The Streak
@sugarhardy

Return to “Wrestling Chat”