Elimination Chamber Predictions

Whether it's what's Best for Business or...whatever TNA's doing, discuss wrestling here!
Dan
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Elimination Chamber Predictions

Postby Dan » Tue May 26, 2015 4:59 am

Just for fun, I'd like to make predictions on the matches. If it generates enough interest, I may keep track of points or whatever.

Code: Select all

[b]WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match[/b]
Seth Rollins (c) vs. Dean Ambrose

[b]Champion vs. Champion[/b]
WWE United States Champion John Cena vs. NXT Champion Kevin Owens

[b]WWE Intercontinental Championship - Elimination Chamber Match[/b]
King Barrett vs. Sheamus vs. Ryback vs. R-Truth vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Rusev

[b]WWE Tag Team Championships - Elimination Chamber Match[/b]
The New Day (c's) vs. Cesaro & Tyson Kidd vs. The Prime Time Players vs. The Lucha Dragons vs. The Ascension vs. Los Matadores

[b]Singles Match[/b]
Neville vs. Bo Dallas

[b]WWE Divas Championship - Triple Threat Match[/b]
Nikki Bella (c) vs. Naomi vs. Paige
Dan
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Re: Elimination Chamber Predictions

Postby Dan » Tue May 26, 2015 5:03 am

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match

Winner - Seth Rollins. The strap will be on him for a long time and Ambrose has plenty of time to build up steam to get back into the title picture.

Champion vs. Champion

Winner - John Cena. Because John Cena is not gonna job to some NXT guy when he just beat Rusev 3 times in a row.

WWE Intercontinental Championship - Elimination Chamber Match

Winner - King Barrett. I like the mini-push Barrett is getting and I think he could do well with the title, just needs to stay healthy.

WWE Tag Team Championships - Elimination Chamber Match
The New Day (c's) vs. Cesaro & Tyson Kidd vs. The Prime Time Players vs. The Lucha Dragons vs. The Ascension vs. Los Matadores

Winner - New Day. How could you take the titles off of the hottest heel tag team in the WWE?

Singles Match
Neville vs. Bo Dallas

Winner - Neville. Neville will be haunted by Bo anyways, win or lose.

WWE Divas Championship - Triple Threat Match

Winner - Paige. Please do not leave the strap on Nikki, WWE. Please.
RENTZ

Postby RENTZ » Tue May 26, 2015 5:30 am

Seth Rollins wins. They will have his title run last longer than CM Punk's.

Champion vs. Champion

Cent will win this one, but Owens will take him to his limit, but lose the match to Samoa Joe showing up somehow.

I think Ryback could get this one, just to get him a title finally.

It will be New Day, Cesaro & Kidd will come short somehow due to Woods I think.

Singles Match
Neville vs. Bo Dallas

Neville. If he loses than I'll lose all of my faith in any NXT wrestler to be put on the main roster.

Nikki will wins this one still.
W-L-D
Wrestling Record 11-6-1
XWA Wrestling Record 7-4-1
Updated as of 8/11/13
Alex_Krull

Postby Alex_Krull » Tue May 26, 2015 4:16 pm

Winner - Seth Rollins... they are going to send Sting against him and make him Champion.

Champion vs. Champion

Winner - Kevin Owens... he is getting a big push and there is no bigger push than defeating Cena in WWE, Samoa Joe could show up and kick Owens ass and that's the only reason I see Kevin Owens losing

Winner - King Barrett is another getting a big push... I want to see a king of kings match between Jerry "The King" Lawler vs King Booker T vs King Barret

Winner - Duuuh!!! The New Day... although they are getting lame... that freebird rule is getting old quite fast

Singles Match
Neville vs. Bo Dallas

Winner - This is a match where I wanna see Bo win.

Winner - Paige she is another push WWE is making but if they wanna make their divas division real... make Naomi win!
:wgaf: Alex & Kristine Krull :wgaf:
:stongue: Join the #PushKrull movement :stongue:
MacVillain

Postby MacVillain » Wed May 27, 2015 3:46 am

If they really wanna bleed in the new breed of main eventers in this company, they need to let him have a good run here. We cannot drop the belt on a small time PPV like Elimination Chamber. He needs to hold until the next big PPV and they ought to keep throwing logs on the fire for future battles between him and Ambrose. These guys, alongside Owens, Zayn, Bryan (should he ever return), Ryback, are the future. #NoReigns

Champion vs. Champion
Because it's John Cena. Because it's WWE. Because Owens has to feud with Samoa Joe.

I think it definitely has to be Barrett here, although, I would love to see them give Ryback another title run. He's been working hard and deserves reward.

I'd love for Cesaro and Kidd to have them but I think the New Day retain just to keep the belts honest. Then it'll fall back to Cesaro and Kidd. Seriously, though, anyone but Usos.

Singles Match
Neville vs. Bo Dallas
I BOlieve Dallas will win this. He is deserving of a bit of a push. Neville can do some entertaining things but I honestly don't see big things for him. He can't work a stick whatsoever but can wrestle like a maniac. Dallas is a better package and deserves some time to shine.

She's so entertaining. Probably the only female wrestler on the main roster who can wrestle. Can't we get some of the NXT girls up on here to make things interesting for a change? Please?
RENTZ

Postby RENTZ » Wed May 27, 2015 4:03 am

After reading what Mac had to say about Neville and how he isn't good on the mic and made me think. I can see him being the next Benoit sorta. Great wrestler who isn't the best on the mic. Some people say Bryan is the new Benoit, but he is good on the mic and has great charisma. That's my little two cents.
W-L-D
Wrestling Record 11-6-1
XWA Wrestling Record 7-4-1
Updated as of 8/11/13
Dan
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby Dan » Wed May 27, 2015 10:41 am

I don't know about the whole "better package" thing honestly. Bo Dallas was over as a heel in NXT because he was annoying and funny at the same time. Once he was moved up to Raw and it went from 400 to 20k people, it's much harder to get over with that schtick. At the same time, what got Neville over in NXT is definitely fast-tracking him on Raw. He definitely lacks mic skills, but so does Roman Reigns and he just main evented Wrestlemania.
DJS
Social Media/GFX Handler
Social Media/GFX Handler

Postby DJS » Wed May 27, 2015 11:59 am

Seth Rollins. We had a PPV about two weeks ago and this one was sort of randomly announced to sell the Network. It's not even a large PPV. Ambrose is a guy people like that you can sort of just insert into a main event and people will accept it, but that doesn't mean he'll win. They'll use this to keep Seth strong because he's losing that title at Survivor Series or something.

Champion vs. Champion

John Cena via DQ. I think Cena has Owens on the ropes but then he fires back with something so horrid he gets disqualified for it and then beats down Cena post-match. Also, possible Sami Zayn/Samoa Joe run-in.

Dolph Ziggler after it comes down to him and Rusev and Lana stands on the stage glaring at Rusev, providing a distraction for Rusev to shout at her in Bulgarian long enough for Dolph to set up the Zig Zag.

That's how it's going down.

New Day retain, but the match will be fantastic and get a "this is awesome" chant.

Singles Match
Neville vs. Bo Dallas

Neville. As if Bo fucking Dallas is beating a guy who's getting a push.

Naomi. Paige. Either/Or, really. There's no way Nikki is walking out with the title.
New to XWA? Need management? Look no further...
MacVillain

Postby MacVillain » Thu May 28, 2015 12:46 am

Dan wrote:I don't know about the whole "better package" thing honestly ..... He definitely lacks mic skills, but so does Roman Reigns and he just main evented Wrestlemania.

There is no way you can compare Neville to Reigns. Sorry.

Neville is a better wrestler by a mile and I could watch him wrestle every single day of the week. But when he talks I would rather have a chopstick shoved in my ear and wriggled around.

At least Reigns can use tone and infliction. He doesn't need to say much because he can use facial expressions. All Neville has is upset gnome and "I don't care" face.

Neville needs a mask. Rey can't work the stick a damn and his colourful personality shone through his costumes and made him marketable... that got him to the top and I feel like Neville has a lot more talent than Rey and would be able to easily mask himself and capture the hearts of the WWE Universe.

But if he isn't going to make himself pop-out any other way then Neville needs to go to acting school and learn how to deliver lines. Then he could be a force but unfortunately he spent his whole time in NXT resting on the abilities of other people to put him over outside of the ring. I couldn't connect with him whatsoever at any level.

RENTZ wrote:I can see him being the next Benoit sorta.

The thing Benoit had was massive intensity. He wasn't nicknamed the Rabid Wolverine for nothing. It's because his intensity was ferocious. I don't see Neville rivalling Benoit's intensity.

I honestly see him whittling away into obscurity and then back into the Indies and having a successful career back there.
Dan
XWA Hall of Famer
XWA Hall of Famer

Postby Dan » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:45 am

Welp, I nailed a whopping 2 out of 6. Anyone here interested in making this a regular thing? I'll run it and try to have the prediction threads up the day after the week-of Raw as that's really when the final touches get made on the matches. Any unannounced matches wouldn't be counted.

Return to “Wrestling Chat”